PDA

View Full Version : Live Wire: Woodson Wired

packers11
10-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Packers CB Charles Woodson is wired up vs. the Colts in Week 7.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80be4a0f

awesome video... he definitely seems more of a leader on defense this year than in the past...

BF4MVP
10-24-2008, 12:13 AM
That video is great! Thanks for the link 8-)

"Hey Ro! Leave da ball alone!" LOL he really wanted that INT.

MTPackerfan
10-24-2008, 01:14 AM
That video is great! Thanks for the link 8-)

"Hey Ro! Leave da ball alone!" LOL he really wanted that INT.

Rouse should have had that Pick too, had it in his hands.

pbmax
10-24-2008, 07:19 AM
That was a good listen. I have had my opinion on Woodson turn around. I was unaware that I thought badly of him, but every time he has spoken out I have found myself surprised and more and more impressed. Even his Favre comment was restrained but emphatic and when an alternate explanation was offered, he reformed his opinion.

I guess difficult time in Oakland (and being a Wolverine) led me to believe that on some level he was difficult or a loner. Actually, much of the coverage of him when he was signed seemed to focus on that. He does not appear that way anymore.

Stevogbfan
10-24-2008, 09:51 AM
That was a good listen. I have had my opinion on Woodson turn around. I was unaware that I thought badly of him, but every time he has spoken out I have found myself surprised and more and more impressed. Even his Favre comment was restrained but emphatic and when an alternate explanation was offered, he reformed his opinion.

I guess difficult time in Oakland (and being a Wolverine) led me to believe that on some level he was difficult or a loner. Actually, much of the coverage of him when he was signed seemed to focus on that. He does not appear that way anymore.

i think woodson has taken over a big part of the leadership role for the packers, he seems like a good guy to me

MadtownPacker
10-24-2008, 12:42 PM
I guess difficult time in Oakland (and being a Wolverine) led me to believe that on some level he was difficult or a loner. Actually, much of the coverage of him when he was signed seemed to focus on that. He does not appear that way anymore.Going back to the JSO day I was of the opinion that the city of Oakland was bad for Woodson. I commented that maybe the Wisconsin air would strengthen his body and mind. I think is the case. Really happy he was able to resurrect his career in G&G.

Tony Oday
10-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Oakland is where careers go to die...

Fritz
10-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah, but if your career happens to die in Tampa Bay, you can always hitch on with the Detroit Lions!

KYPack
10-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Wood is a Northern boy, and seems to flourish in WI. He even makes more face time in the off-season, now

Man, that wired segment really shows what a leader he is. He's really got that secondary together.

Packers4Ever
10-24-2008, 04:07 PM

Right around the same time Charles had his serious injury, I read something a reporter had written on him (sorry, lost the source) that he was very happy and content in the Green Bay area which surprised a lot of people, so many thought he wouldn't stay long because of the lack of night life, etc...but evidently that's not the case. Good for our side !!!

Cheesehead Craig
10-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Woodson is a classic case of a player becoming great again with different surroundings.

Scott Campbell
10-24-2008, 06:43 PM
We don't seem to hear much about his injury lately. I wonder if its the same, or starting to get a little better for him. Is he missing much practice time?

boiga
10-24-2008, 08:15 PM
We don't seem to hear much about his injury lately. I wonder if its the same, or starting to get a little better for him. Is he missing much practice time? He said in his locker room interview here (http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/2008_non_game/video_20081021__3a88c350177a__f596a0be528e/)that his toe has been getting better despite playing on it. A recent x-ray showed new bone growth and no further damage. He thinks it'll be a non-issue after the bye.

That said, he hasn't practiced once since he injured the damn thing in the lions game. He's hoping that after they get back his toe will be healthy enough for him to go back to his old schedule of practicing one day a week.

Personally, I think he's enjoying the excuse to miss practice so that he can chill and watch more video of the upcoming opponents. It certainly hasn't hurt his game any, though, so who cares?

gbgary
10-24-2008, 08:23 PM
chuck has really flourished in Green Bay. if you watch the colts/Packers game replay, on nfl network, you hear some more of chuck's game audio.

Brando19
10-24-2008, 09:08 PM
We don't seem to hear much about his injury lately. I wonder if its the same, or starting to get a little better for him. Is he missing much practice time?

His only injury can come from Kryptonite...

But really...this is a great post. That is why Woodson is my favorite Packer right now. Gosh I hope he retires a Packer instead of a Raider.

Chevelle2
10-24-2008, 09:16 PM
On packers.com lockerroom interviews, he said that the toe "remarkably was able to heal"

Guy is the man.

KYPack
10-24-2008, 09:40 PM

But really...this is a great post. That is why Woodson is my favorite Packer right now. Gosh I hope he retires a Packer instead of a Raider.

That's a baseball deal. The NFL HOF has a bust of the player and a list of the team (s) he played for. you don't declare which team you were "for" I doubt CW is HOF material, however.

Brando19
10-25-2008, 09:00 AM

That's a baseball deal. The NFL HOF has a bust of the player and a list of the team (s) he played for. you don't declare which team you were "for" I doubt CW is HOF material, however.

I never said anything about the HOF. I said I hope he retires a Packer. It's common for a player to sign a 1 day contract with a team in order to retire as a player of that team. I hope Charles doesn't sign that one day deal with the Raiders....although Al would probably be willing to pay him $40 million for a 1 day deal.