PDA

View Full Version : Zip Cars

MJZiggy
10-24-2008, 08:58 PM
DC is now rolling out Zip Bikes. Have you tried either zip cars or zip bikes? Would you use them? Think they're a good idea?

SkinBasket
10-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Maybe if you'd give me a link to what the fuck a zip thing is I would care enough to look. Then I would be better qualified to answer your mundane questions.

MJZiggy
10-25-2008, 07:48 AM
You mean to tell me you're not capable of typing www.zipcar.com yourself?

And nice to insult every topic that isn't touting conservative politics or video games.

SkinBasket
10-25-2008, 08:01 AM
It's only common courtesy to provide information when you ask questions. And I wasn't insulting your topic, just your mundane questions.

As far as these fucking cars go, they're going to be full of hooker sweat and pot residue faster than nutz could spray the steering wheel with his baby batter. So other than getting an extended family of crabs jumping into your crotch the second your ass hits the seat, it seems like a great way to further the uselessness of an already failing public transportation system and encourage more campus area parking congestion.

And come on, I insult all topics equally. You're just being overly sensitive. Women... sheese!

MJZiggy
10-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Why do you think they encourage campus area parking congestion? If you're taking a zip car rather than driving your own, I would think that would mean less congestion. Besides, it's not just college kids using them. On my way into work, I see them at all the metro lots and at the hospital.

Do you not see the benefits in shared vehicles, crabs notwithstanding? You must not sit in waiting rooms, much, huh?

SkinBasket
10-25-2008, 08:12 AM
The listing for availability in Milwaukee is the UWM campus area. And it's not going to be people without cars driving them, it's going to be those without, hence more congestion. Why would someone with their own car in the limited area these are available drive one of these instead of their own? I mean other than to pick up hookers?

As far as waiting rooms, no I don't sit in them. If my doctor can't keep a schedule, I find a new doctor. Not sure what that has to do with sitting on someone else's bodily fluids when I drive around town.

MJZiggy
10-25-2008, 08:17 AM
The listing for availability in Milwaukee is the UWM campus area. And it's not going to be people without cars driving them, it's going to be those without, hence more congestion. Why would someone with their own car in the limited area these are available drive one of these instead of their own? I mean other than to pick up hookers?

As far as waiting rooms, no I don't sit in them. If my doctor can't keep a schedule, I find a new doctor. Not sure what that has to do with sitting on someone else's bodily fluids when I drive around town.

Someone with their own car drives to the metro lot, takes the train and then picks up the zip car at the other end because the office is too far from the train to walk and the bus doesn't stop near there.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 08:29 AM
I guess I don't really understand their business model. Maybe it's because I live in the burbs, have 3 cars, and rent cars at airports every week.

If you live downtown and bike, walk or take public transportation on a daily basis, don't own a car, and just need one a couple times a month - then maybe this makes sense.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Someone with their own car drives to the metro lot, takes the train and then picks up the zip car at the other end because the office is too far from the train to walk and the bus doesn't stop near there.

Does the math work if you need it daily? Or even weekly?

SkinBasket
10-25-2008, 08:38 AM

Does the math work if you need it daily? Or even weekly?

At $60+ a day, I think most people would just drive. And we're still talking about a larger model. I have no idea how this idea is going to work on the north side of Milwaukee for anything other than student drunk driving and banging the crabs out of hookers.

mraynrand
10-25-2008, 09:24 AM
They have the little co-op cars around Madison WI. I was parking at a garage at Park and Dayton where one of those cars was parked. As I walked by I could see the windows were partially fogged up and a women was riding up and down some guy's pole in the back seat. How'd ya like to be the next person who uses that car?

Iron Mike
10-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Back on topic, I've never used a zip car or zip bike, but I have taken the Megabus from Milwaukee to Chicago:

http://www.megabus.com

It's cheaper than Amtrak. 8-)

SkinBasket
10-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Are there dirty hookers on the megabus?

mraynrand
10-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Back on topic, I've never used a zip car or zip bike, but I have taken the Megabus from Milwaukee to Chicago:

I'm not getting on a bus with this guy driving. he looks like a pervert.
http://www.megabus.com/assets/landing/megadriver_large.gif

Iron Mike
10-25-2008, 04:29 PM

I'm not getting on a bus with this guy driving. he looks like a pervert.
http://www.megabus.com/assets/landing/megadriver_large.gif

The bus driver had a WAAAAAAYYYY deeper tan than that.

Are there dirty hookers on the megabus?

Do you like dark meat chicken??? :wink:

I think the both of you should be able to tell what I'm getting at.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Zip guns not zip cars!!!