PDA

View Full Version : Time for TT to show why he was pinching pennies

bobblehead
10-28-2008, 04:51 AM
I would say that at some point before this season is over we should lock up Collins, Jennings, Rodgers and maybe a few others long term. I like Bigby, but with rouse looking good it may not be as important. Although we should be able to lock up bigby for less since he was undrafted and is in a near Ryan Grant situation.

BTW, they say it takes 3 years to grade a draft....how is TT looking now?

hurleyfan
10-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Jennings is a MUST, and probably Collins now that he is playing this well. Does TT wait one year to see if Collins' high level of play is more than a one year wonder?

Bigby I'm not sure yet.. He doesn't have the leverage Ryan Grant did.. IMO

Fritz
10-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Jennings, for sure. He's been staying healthy, so he's got to be a huge priority.

Rodgers - yes, but let's wait a few games to be sure he stays healthy.

Collins - I think we see the same trajectory we saw with Sharper. He's highly touted, but he sucks season one, season two, people get anxious, then season three, and bam. He's good. Lock 'em up.

Bigby - I'd wait just a bit to see how he plays when he comes back.

Junius Coston - not yet.

pbmax
10-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Junius Coston - not yet.
Fritz, we've been through this before, you can never have enough highly paid guards. Even injured ones or those that lack the ability to win a job. He's a sign at all costs kind of guy :lol:

I wonder how much Jennings and Rodgers will cost together?

MOBB DEEP
10-28-2008, 08:41 AM
now, y couldnt u use the TT thread already on this page??

cpk1994
10-28-2008, 08:43 AM
now, y couldnt u use the TT thread already on this page??Same reason why you bump pointless threads.

Tony Oday
10-28-2008, 09:42 AM
AR right now...even an injured AR is better than 1/2 the QBs out there :)

LL2
10-28-2008, 09:50 AM
AR right now...even an injured AR is better than 1/2 the QBs out there :)

Better than half? Isn't he in the top 10?

RashanGary
10-28-2008, 11:05 AM

Because TT runs the Packers football operations and this is a PACKER board.

RashanGary
10-28-2008, 11:08 AM
good topic btw. It'll be an interesting next couple weeks and whole off season. There are several decisions to be made, some not as big as mentioned here, but several smaller ones to go with the big ones as well.

MadtownPacker
10-28-2008, 11:14 AM
TT has proven he is willing to show players the money. Other than Grant I think he has made the right call when it comes time to pay. Jennings is gonna get his bank swollen for sure. Rodgers is getting paid too if he keeps it up. Not sure about Bigby but him missing time should help keep his price down. Collins is playing great, almost too great like many other guys who have been in contract years. I think he will be the one TT lets go to another team.

Freak Out
10-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Jennings, for sure. He's been staying healthy, so he's got to be a huge priority.

Rodgers - yes, but let's wait a few games to be sure he stays healthy.

Collins - I think we see the same trajectory we saw with Sharper. He's highly touted, but he sucks season one, season two, people get anxious, then season three, and bam. He's good. Lock 'em up.

Bigby - I'd wait just a bit to see how he plays when he comes back.

Junius Coston - not yet.

If Jennings leaves GB it's because he wants to not because TT doesn't try and pay him. He and Rodgers are #1 and #2 as long as Rodgers stay's out of the hospital.

Collins is just hitting stride so there is no reason to let the guy go now unless he gets totally unreasonable in contract negotiations.

Bretsky
10-28-2008, 12:46 PM
I trust that TT will spend the money

He'll look to lock up Rodgers and others.

I think Jennings might be the challenge though; I just hope the franchise tag stays around so we have that leverage on him and can use it. Jennings sounds like a guy who wants to test the market and Lee Evans just got a deal for over 9MIL a year.

Fritz
10-28-2008, 01:01 PM
I'd hate to see Jennings not at least consider just signing a big extension. I wonder if it's a bit of an ego thing to test the market, if your home team is offering you a boat load of money to stay.

And yes, Junius Coston - you need to settle this crazy guard situation down. Sign Junius to a big contract before he gets off injured reserve and gets antsy about getting the big contract elsewhere.

bobblehead
10-29-2008, 10:50 PM

First off, I have never told people where to post...that is other people doing that. I'm a big fan of do what you want and I will ignore what I want.

Second, this is as much about who we need to lock up and the core of the team as it is about TT.

There are my stated reasons..now as far as I am concerned you can post whatever you want wherever you want...I'll do the same.

steve823
10-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Yea I hope TT gives Jennings the big bucks..he deserves it. And I have a feeling he will do something this offseason that will shock everyone like usual.

HarveyWallbangers
10-29-2008, 10:58 PM
You should have added:

Third, I find it ironic that the poster who is unwilling to post the Favre stuff in one thread calls me out on it.

Partial
10-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Gotta resign Kamp and Tausch at the top o' the list.

Gotta sign Jennings, Collins and Rodgers next. 4 year deals.

steve823
10-29-2008, 11:05 PM
This is why you build through the draft and not free agency. This is a great team with a lot of potential and now its time to make sure we keep them and take the final step to become annual superbowl contenders.

gex
10-29-2008, 11:54 PM

I think Jennings might be the challenge though; I just hope the franchise tag stays around so we have that leverage on him and can use it. Jennings sounds like a guy who wants to test the market and Lee Evans just got a deal for over 9MIL a year.

Jennings has to get more than that then, if tt lowballs him he should just go to the market and see what he can get, he deserves it.
He is top 5 fo sho, which is pretty much what the francise tag will get him.

bobblehead
10-30-2008, 05:44 AM

Jennings has to get more than that then, if tt lowballs him he should just go to the market and see what he can get, he deserves it.
He is top 5 fo sho, which is pretty much what the francise tag will get him.

anyone want to post lee evans career numbers vs. greg jennings career...and show that evans has done more and better for longer. I think GJ breaks through and proves to be better than evans this year, but for christ sake the guy has NEVER HAD 1k IN A SEASON...YET!!

Tarlam!
10-30-2008, 06:14 AM
He is top 5 fo sho

What? You're suggesting Jennings is at least the 5th best WR in the NFL? I guess his gaudy numbers this season have you influenced.

I hope you're right. But I bet if you asked Rats in the know to name 5 receivers better than GJ, they would be able to oblige.

I recently made the same claim as you and got hammered here for it.

Pugger
10-30-2008, 09:50 AM
I read somewhere that now Grant's salary ranks him 17th in starting RBs plus it is incentive laden so I don't think TT overpaid Grant at all. :?

MadtownPacker
10-30-2008, 12:16 PM
I read somewhere that now Grant's salary ranks him 17th in starting RBs plus it is incentive laden so I don't think TT overpaid Grant at all. :?I read that Grant ranks 70th or so in production. Thinking TT got ganked on this one.

bobblehead
10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm kind of surprised I forgot (and falco didn't jump in) Tramon Williams. The way he finished last season and has handled teh heat of starting I think I want him as a packer for a long time.

Fritz
10-30-2008, 09:44 PM
I read somewhere that now Grant's salary ranks him 17th in starting RBs plus it is incentive laden so I don't think TT overpaid Grant at all. :?I read that Grant ranks 70th or so in production. Thinking TT got ganked on this one.

Oh, Mad. You'll be touching yourself when Grant breaks one off for 70 yards and a t.d. and finishes the Vikings' game with 190 yards rushing.

It's too early to say.

SnakeLH2006
10-31-2008, 01:02 AM
He is top 5 fo sho

What? You're suggesting Jennings is at least the 5th best WR in the NFL? I guess his gaudy numbers this season have you influenced.

I hope you're right. But I bet if you asked Rats in the know to name 5 receivers better than GJ, they would be able to oblige.

I recently made the same claim as you and got hammered here for it.

So G-Jenn is NOT a top 5 WR or playmaker? :lol: :shock:

Name 5 WR RIGHT NOW better than him then? I dare you. (Oh wait, you quit posting cuz you PM'd me as such. Should I post the PM, no I'm not that petty).

Tarlam!
10-31-2008, 02:00 AM

Name 5 WR RIGHT NOW better than him then? I dare you.

I suggest you learn to read and comprehend, before you shoot your mouth off. With posts like these, you only confirm your minuscule ability to digest the information provided and base a factual argument thereupon. You claim to have achieved a 3.8 GPA? Obviously, English was not a part of your study curriculum.

Incidentally, I was explicitly asked by some poster friends to continue posting, despite the ignorance of newb posters like you.

If, indeed, you feel compelled to share private information, I will call for your head, because, it is not the style around here to publish private messages or information.

I have nothing to hide, so you would cause me no shame. I just think that the forum wants to discuss football and can do without two more posters having it out on a personal level in public. That's the last I will say about it in public.

Zool
10-31-2008, 07:36 AM

I suggest you learn to read and comprehend, before you shoot your mouth off. With posts like these, you only confirm your minuscule ability to digest the information provided and base a factual argument thereupon. You claim to have achieved a 3.8 GPA? Obviously, English was not a part of your study curriculum.

Incidentally, I was explicitly asked by some poster friends to continue posting, despite the ignorance of newb posters like you.

If, indeed, you feel compelled to share private information, I will call for your head, because, it is not the style around here to publish private messages or information.

I have nothing to hide, so you would cause me no shame. I just think that the forum wants to discuss football and can do without two more posters having it out on a personal level in public. That's the last I will say about it in public.

I'll say it for T, "this is in the wrong thread"

MOBB DEEP
10-31-2008, 07:55 AM

lol ganked

MOBB DEEP
10-31-2008, 07:58 AM

when wil the name calln cease?

Tarlam!
10-31-2008, 10:43 AM
when wil the name calln cease?

In your comprehension of language, perhaps you'd care to point out where names where being called. Snake didn't call me a name, and I didn't call Snake a name, IIRC.

You obviously feel threatened when somebody uses the term "English". I can't sympathize with you, because I happen to love the language and seeing what you do to it daily truly gives me convulsions.

Zool
10-31-2008, 11:22 AM
you are all grabastic pieces of worm ridden filth. Is that enough name calling?

Tarlam!
10-31-2008, 11:31 AM

I thought you'd agreed to stay away from Bud Light.

Zool
10-31-2008, 11:31 AM

I thought you'd agreed to stay away from Bud Light.

That was an ugly rumor started by an ugly person.

Tarlam!
10-31-2008, 11:34 AM
That was an ugly rumor started by an ugly person.

I never met her personally, but she was always very flattering towards you in our correspondence...