PDA

View Full Version : 30 Minutes of Heaven

SkinBasket
10-29-2008, 10:06 PM
As delivered by our Savior. Amazing what $650,000,000 can buy you these days. I just wonder how much the tape cover-up promise from the LA Times cost. On second thought, I'm sure that was a freebie. I don't really have a point here other than being amazed that a candidate can essentially hijack our televisions for 30 minutes if they run enough on-line contribution credit card scams.

texaspackerbacker
10-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah Right! It was so boring I bet even libs tuned out.

mraynrand
10-29-2008, 10:11 PM
"Hello Mr. Soros. This is U.S. Bank Credit card services. We've noticed some unusually heavy use of your Mastercard recently. In the past 3 months, over 2 million charges of 80 dollars each have been made to the same online account. We are concerned that these purchases were all made using different names, over an unsecured server. As a valued customer, we would appreciate a call to confirm that you approve these charges. Also, we would like to raise your credit limit to 5 million and offer some Christmas specials."

mraynrand
10-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Baracks' 30 minute infomercial: Sham WOW!

BallHawk
10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Baracks' 30 minute infomercial: Sham WOW!

Raised in Hawaii. You know the Hawaiians make good presidents.

digitaldean
10-29-2008, 10:54 PM
I must say it was well done and polished piece. It's enough for those who don't research the facts on his record. If you're too dumb or lazy to check out various sources, this piece of shammery could definitely change minds.

That being said...it is just like his DNC acceptance speech. It brings up some valid points, but dances around the truth on a myriad of issues. One example...stating he was a leader in the Illinois legislature. Not being able to vote yes or no on an issue (meaning voting only "present") isn't leadership.

Nice coincidence that virtually all the families on his informercial are in battleground states.

The piece of him working with Sen. Lugar on loose nukes. Admirable, yes. But it's the ONLY time he's done anything resembling bipartisanship.

He keeps talking about fighting for the middle class and is against power and corruption. Strange that he turns down public financing when he said repeatedly that he'd take it. I don't begrudge him for all those who donated to him (legally, I mean). But don't complain about the big money, power and influence in DC when you could have taken public money. Now public financing is DOOMED. Any scintilla of a chance to reign in money and presidential politics was harpooned by this guy.

One of the FEW things I agree with him on is the college education plan. If we can have anybody get a college degree if they are willing to serve in the military or in their community, I think we all benefit.

Otherwise, all the "investment" I keep hearing is just a euphamism for new spending. The "line item budget inspection"? House democrats are already tipping their hand at slashing military spending.

Right now, we need more of a Teddy Roosevelt president. One that will kick butt where needed, and will still fight for the average person's interests.

I see the Great Society part deux on the horizon.

mraynrand
10-30-2008, 08:12 AM
The piece of him working with Sen. Lugar on loose nukes. Admirable, yes. But it's the ONLY time he's done anything resembling bipartisanship.

And how much opposition was there to this. Hi, I am Senator _______, and I am in favor of loose nukes.

sheepshead
10-30-2008, 08:17 AM
"Hello Mr. Soros. This is U.S. Bank Credit card services. We've noticed some unusually heavy use of your Mastercard recently. In the past 3 months, over 2 million charges of 80 dollars each have been made to the same online account. We are concerned that these purchases were all made using different names, over an unsecured server. As a valued customer, we would appreciate a call to confirm that you approve these charges. Also, we would like to raise your credit limit to 5 million and offer some Christmas specials."

:lol: :lol:

sheepshead
10-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Can anyone say "backfire"?

sheepshead
10-30-2008, 09:10 AM
I didnt watch the show. How was Billy Mays? I heard he was spot on!

Freak Out
10-30-2008, 11:31 AM
I thought this post would be about the last time nutz put the wood to you doggy style. Oh....that's the one in the GC. My bad.

Harlan Huckleby
10-30-2008, 11:35 AM
No Billy Mays, Billy Blanks

http://www.omarphillips.net/blog_images/blanks2.jpghttp://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/1/2/0/9/0/webimg/53428934_o.jpg

mraynrand
10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Did Obama mention what color the tunics would be for those assigned to the departments of Hope and Change.

retailguy
10-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Did Obama mention what color the tunics would be for those assigned to the departments of Hope and Change.

Great question. All I know is that I get a "black" tunic. One for those who have yet to drink the kool-aid. :P

SkinBasket
10-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Poll: 23 Percent of Texans Believe Obama Is a Muslim
Thursday, October 30, 2008

A new poll finds that 23 percent of registered voters in Texas believe that Barack Obama is a Muslim, even though the Democratic candidate has repeatedly explained that he is a church-going Christian.

The poll, conducted by the Texas Politics Project and Department of Government at The University of Texas in Austin, showed Obama trailing John McCain by 11 points in the Lone Star State.

Forty-five percent of those polled accurately described Obama as a Protestant. But the 23 percent who identified his religion as Islam is about twice as high as in typical national polls.

Throughout his presidential campaign, Obama has been fighting false rumors, largely hatched on the Internet, that he is secretly a Muslim.

On Obama's Fight the Smears Web site, which his campaign set up to battle harmful claims, it says that Obama is a "committed Christian" who regularly attends church with his family.

The Texas poll interviewed 550 registered voters in Texas from Oct. 15-22, and had a margin of error of 4.2 percent.

----------------

Deputy Nutz
10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
People in Texas are Stupid, we all know that he is an agnostic.

MJZiggy
10-30-2008, 06:18 PM
People in Texas are Stupid, we all know that he is an agnostic.

A god-fearing one at that!