PDA

View Full Version : Here's a thought......

packinpatland
10-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Govenor Palin is flying back to Alaska to vote. I guess it's safe to assume that she isn't using an absentee mail-in ballot.
So.....with asking Senator Stephens to step down, and him not......will she vote for the Dem?

retailguy
10-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Govenor Palin is flying back to Alaska to vote. I guess it's safe to assume that she isn't using an absentee mail-in ballot.
So.....with asking Senator Stephens to step down, and him not......will she vote for the Dem?

Well, you've got to ask yourself. If Ted Stevens wins, he'll have to step down anyhow (as he should), then what happens after that depends on the state you're in. Sometimes the party/legistlature nominates someone until the next election, other times they hold a special election.

So, Palin must ask herself, with the appointed person, or the special election be better than the Democrat that's running? If so, you vote for Stevens.... If not, then you vote for the Democrat.

packinpatland
10-31-2008, 03:57 PM

Well, you've got to ask yourself. If Ted Stevens wins, he'll have to step down anyhow (as he should), then what happens after that depends on the state you're in. Sometimes the party/legistlature nominates someone until the next election, other times they hold a special election.

So, Palin must ask herself, with the appointed person, or the special election be better than the Democrat that's running? If so, you vote for Stevens.... If not, then you vote for the Democrat.

Voting for a convicted felon......wouldn't that compromise your ethics?
Laws should be in place to prevent this............ JMO

texaspackerbacker
10-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Hell No! (on the original question) As for ethics, the people of Alaska will decide that--whether the politically motivated prosecution of an 84 year old loyal Alaskan and American was ethical or not, more than whether or not the silly charges they convicted him up were ethical or not.

Stevens is going to win, and he just might be the vote that prevents the bad guys from having that 60 vote filibuster-proof super-majority.

If he wins, then resigns after winning, I assume the governor--Sarah Palin--would appoint a successor either for the rest of the 6 year term or for 2 years until the next Congressional elections.

HowardRoark
10-31-2008, 03:59 PM
She should just vote "Present." I was told that was a very brave thing to do.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Alaskans don't like to vote for their Senators, they prefer to have them appointed...Stevens, Murkowski..and the next one if Stevens wins.

Freak Out
10-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Stevens will never step down....he said as much in last nights debate. Palin will vote for Uncle Ted....but the law was changed...er kinda... after the Murkowski debacle so it's still not real clear what would happen if Stevens won and then was forced to step down. If Palin and Mac lose there is talk she would just appoint herself to his seat..... the courts will play a role of that there is no doubt.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-31-2008, 04:42 PM
Why should he step down? He is INNOCENT.

After he gets done clearing his name, he will be looking for Nicole Brown's killler now that O.J. isn't free to do so.

Freak Out
10-31-2008, 04:42 PM
There is a local group that has done polling here for a long time and they will be working hard this weekend...the data they get is always pretty much spot on so it will be interesting to see what they put out. Stevens still has a bunch of backing here and it would not surprise me one bit if he was voted back in just to spite the court in DC.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-31-2008, 04:45 PM
Fuck the lower 48!!!

Freak Out
10-31-2008, 04:46 PM
There is lots of chatter of a Bush pardon as well.

hoosier
10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
W wouldn't want to put his legacy in jeapordy for that old crook, would he? :lol: :lol:

Freak Out
10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
W wouldn't want to put his legacy in jeapordy for that old crook, would he? :lol: :lol:

:lol:

He would never go that far.

oregonpackfan
10-31-2008, 10:37 PM
In an interview today, Stevens twice denied he was even convicted!

It is one thing to proclaim one's innocence when found guilty by the court, but he actually believes the court did not convict him, even though he was found guilty on seven counts.

While many of us know some people in their 80's and 90's who are still mentally sharp, Stevens sounded like some form of dementia had already set in when he gave the press conference.

bobblehead
10-31-2008, 10:41 PM
Hell No! (on the original question) As for ethics, the people of Alaska will decide that--whether the politically motivated prosecution of an 84 year old loyal Alaskan and American was ethical or not, more than whether or not the silly charges they convicted him up were ethical or not.

Stevens is going to win, and he just might be the vote that prevents the bad guys from having that 60 vote filibuster-proof super-majority.

If he wins, then resigns after winning, I assume the governor--Sarah Palin--would appoint a successor either for the rest of the 6 year term or for 2 years until the next Congressional elections.
sorry tex, stevens is a crook..he needs to go. This is exactly the kind of guy and attitude that has cost the GOP the house/senate and might get us so far in the doghouse that the dems have a filibuster proof majority. Begone guys like stevens.

Joemailman
10-31-2008, 11:36 PM

I am completely against pardoning Bush.

sheepshead
11-01-2008, 07:24 AM

I am completely against pardoning Bush.

HUH? for what?

sheepshead
11-01-2008, 07:26 AM
When did this board get so up on Alaskan politics? I dont know this guy, but judging the crimes he should quit. The attorney general would run in his place.

hoosier
11-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Apparently Fox News needs to do a better job of keeping its viewers abreast of politics outside the lower 48.

falco
11-01-2008, 08:40 AM
poor guy got railroaded for a gas grill

packinpatland
11-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Do they make gas grills that cost $250,000? :shock:

HowardRoark
11-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Apparently Fox News needs to do a better job of keeping its viewers abreast of politics outside the lower 55.

Fixed.

falco
11-01-2008, 08:53 AM

did the MSM tell you they don't?

:roll:

MJZiggy
11-01-2008, 08:54 AM
poor guy got railroaded for a gas grill

He got 7 grills?

packinpatland
11-01-2008, 09:14 AM
They roast alot of moose meat up there.

SkinBasket
11-01-2008, 09:19 AM

Which is far less civilized than eating raw fish eggs.

MJZiggy
11-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Ewww. Raw fish eggs.

hoosier
11-01-2008, 09:51 AM
No man can eat 50 eggs.

mraynrand
11-01-2008, 10:05 AM
No man can eat 50 eggs.

Sometimes nothing is a pretty cool hand.

Freak Out
11-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Ewww. Raw fish eggs.

Yum.....fresh salmon eggs pulled off the skein. If you want you can soak them overnight in sake and soy sauce.

Stevens did get hosed to a certain extent.....but he helped write the law that he broke and as a public servant you can never toe the line like he did...for a long time.

packinpatland
11-01-2008, 11:16 AM

I've got moose meat in my freezer...you?

MJZiggy
11-01-2008, 11:18 AM
How is moose meat anyway? I'd think it'd be a little "gamey."

Iron Mike
11-01-2008, 11:29 AM

I can find a $7000 gas grill:

http://www.northlineexpress.com/customkititems.asp?kc=6SG-AGBQ-56C-K&source=amazon&kw=6SG-AGBQ-56C-K

SkinBasket
11-01-2008, 11:54 AM

I go fresh. The only thing I freeze is seafood. You god forsaken savage.

packinpatland
11-01-2008, 02:24 PM

I go fresh. The only thing I freeze is seafood. You god forsaken savage.

My dad just keeps bringing it everytime he visits.......what to do? :roll:
Now......about seafood.......here in New England we never freeze...fresh only. :lol:

packinpatland
11-01-2008, 02:25 PM
How is moose meat anyway? I'd think it'd be a little "gamey."
Actually, I think it's less gamey than venison. But, I've heard it's all in the 'processing'.

MJZiggy
11-01-2008, 07:41 PM
The ex took the food processor with him. I replaced it with a slow cooker that I keep forgetting to use.

packinpatland
11-01-2008, 07:54 PM
The ex took the food processor with him. I replaced it with a slow cooker that I keep forgetting to use.

I didn't mean 'post processing'....... I meant what Sarah Palin would have much knowledge in......field dressing. :lol:

GBRulz
11-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Now......about seafood.......here in New England we never freeze...fresh only. :lol:

bitch

:lol: :wink:

packinpatland
11-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Shame on you........you oyster eater you!!! :lol:

MJZiggy
11-01-2008, 09:34 PM

bitch

How many invitations have you gotten now to come out east? PIP, I'm starting to get the feeling she just doesn't want to visit us and eat the crab and lobster fresh... :(

packinpatland
11-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Right now lobster is under $4 lb........straight off the boat.

Lobster stew...........can't beat it.

hoosier
11-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Maine lobster is the only true lobster.

Iron Mike
11-01-2008, 11:27 PM

bitch

Heh. Chick fight. :drma:

bobblehead
11-01-2008, 11:43 PM

I bought 2.2 pounds of fresh calimari last night for 120 baht...or about $3.60 american...and the fresh scallops are even cheaper. Add in about $2 for charcoal and man what a feast.

MJZiggy
11-02-2008, 07:39 AM

I bought 2.2 pounds of fresh calimari last night for 120 baht...or about $3.60 american...and the fresh scallops are even cheaper. Add in about $2 for charcoal and man what a feast.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Calamari is the cheese curds of the ocean.