PDA

View Full Version : KGB or others..what cuts/trades were you happy with then?

SnakeLH2006
11-02-2008, 12:37 AM
What with KGB axed today, it brings to mind a couple of big cuts/trades of name players in recent Packer history.

Personally, I liked KGB but his salary was/is detrimental to this team as he WAS the highest paid player on this team in 2008 (thanks for that solid deal in 2003 Shermy :shock: ).

What Packer players in recent memory were in your mind the biggest relief for production/salary to let go (when it happened and not now looking back) and why?

Personally, I could agree with most on this list, but the Brett fiasco was HUGELY a detriment to both parties, so that's not my vote, but I'm sure some will vote that too, but I'd have to let him stay nonetheless, at THAT time. Arod has been pretty good, but this isn't about now, just at the time the deal went down. Just a mess with Brett and it still is. That's Snake's Take but what's yours and if it's other then state your case.

My vote is Freeman. At the time I thought he was done. He was slipping bad, and proved that after he left. I doubt ANYONE votes KGB, as he was a very likable player and many on here thought his production would get better.

Once again, this poll is about right at the time the hammer went down. Who did you wanna see let go?

gex
11-02-2008, 01:24 AM
I read the poll wrong and voted Favre. :oops: Reading it again I would have to say KGB, nice enough guy, but really only had the one move and was losing that too.

SnakeLH2006
11-02-2008, 01:28 AM
I read the poll wrong and voted Favre. :oops: Reading it again I would have to say KGB, nice enough guy, but really only had the one move and was losing that too.

Gex I love ya man, but that indescrepency has proven a downfall for your undying allegiance to Brett. How shameful for Brett fans you've tarnished this poll. :oops: :lol: :shock:

gex
11-02-2008, 01:41 AM

Gex I love ya man, but that indescrepency has proven a downfall for your undying allegiance to Brett. How shameful for Brett fans you've tarnished this poll. :oops: :lol: :shock:

Maybe the haters constant dismissal of all that Favre has done for this franchise is slowly seaping into my subconcious mind! :shock:

*cough cough* I think they dosed my kool-aid

SnakeLH2006
11-02-2008, 01:56 AM

Maybe the haters constant dismissal of all that Favre has done for this franchise is slowly seaping into my subconcious mind! :shock:

*cough cough* I think they dosed my kool-aid

I agree but am disappointed you added the Favre count up! :shock:

Who voted KGB? I mean damn. I was happy Free left at the time and esp. Sharper, and even Rivera was overrated at the time, but KGB? Damn some vicious mofos out there I guess. 8-)

MJZiggy
11-02-2008, 07:58 AM
You forgot Javon Walker.

Iron Mike
11-02-2008, 08:04 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/novak/taco.jpg
And Taco Wallace. :P

Fritz
11-02-2008, 08:07 AM
I was thrilled, thrilled, thrilled to death when they finally cut coach Forrest Gregg. This organization was in shambles.

As for players, I was in favor of re-signing Sharper to a reasonable contract, but I didn't like his ego and mouth. Freeman was clearly washed up and I felt bad for him.

I was shocked, shocked, shocked when they cut Sterile Sharpe.

It was sad how Craig Newsome's injury did him in.

Bretsky
11-02-2008, 08:10 AM
I can't say I was happy to see any of them go

Well maybe Freeman; heard too many stories about him and Cassell stirring things up in Milwaukee as he production was faltering. I questioned his dedication after he was showed the money

Fritz
11-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Weren't you shocked though when they cut Sterling Sharpe?

DonHutson
11-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I wasn't happy to see Ahman Green go, but his time was clearly up and I'm glad he's somebody else's mistake now. And I absolutely second Javon Walker. He should be at the top of the list.

Perhaps a harder question is who is the one that got away? Who did we give up on too soon?

Craig Hentrich is an obvious choice. Bryce Paup is a big one. Others?

Merlin
11-02-2008, 09:39 AM
I was happy to see Ryan Longwell go. For a kicker he sure was a whiny player. Nothing was ever his fault and he knew he was getting older and wasn't as effective out of doors. Why not just admit that you can't hack it out of doors anymore and want to pad your stats for your remaining career by kicking in a dome?

gex
11-02-2008, 10:22 AM
I was happy to see Ryan Longwell go. For a kicker he sure was a whiny player. Nothing was ever his fault and he knew he was getting older and wasn't as effective out of doors. Why not just admit that you can't hack it out of doors anymore and want to pad your stats for your remaining career by kicking in a dome?

He was my 2nd choice

HarveyWallbangers
11-02-2008, 11:34 AM

I'm not understanding. Sharpe got a neck injury and had to retire.

Bretsky
11-02-2008, 11:38 AM

I think they released him though if I remember; SS was hopeful he could come back but I think the Packer med staff was correct

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2008, 11:42 AM
I want to be compensated for the time it took me to read the options.
Hell, getting through the question had to be worth a quarter.

I voted for Favre just to be an asshole.

Patler
11-02-2008, 11:54 AM

I think they released him though if I remember; SS was hopeful he could come back but I think the Packer med staff was correct

I remember it differently, that Sharp retired saying nothing was worth risking paralysis, and the Packers concurred.

Terrence Murphy was the one who was released because he couldn't accept that it was over, at first. He tried to catch on with other teams, but found no takers after medical reviews.