PDA

View Full Version : AJ HAwk is a Gym Rat

BlueBrewer
06-27-2006, 09:33 PM
This was on Packerchatters if you didn't see it.

GYM RAT
One man's observation: Nobody is going to outwork Green Bay's first-round pick, linebacker A.J. Hawk.

When a reporter walked into the hotel's gym here late Sunday afternoon, Hawk was the only rookie in there, lifting weights.

When the reporter returned again at 6:30 the next morning, Hawk was wrapping up his morning workout.

Two days, two workouts, one point.

Hawk is going to work himself to the top.

This is certainly good news about our future defensive leader.

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 09:34 PM
I sure hope so. I think he is going to be great in the packers system and I was really pumped when they picked him.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Honestly, Hawk needs to start taking some of those undectable steriods that Barry Bonds took. Hawk looks no where as musled up as Laver Arrington. Hawk looks more like a middle school LB.

MJZiggy
06-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Quit trying to pick fights, Tank.

Bossman641
06-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Honestly, Hawk needs to start taking some of those undectable steriods that Barry Bonds took. Hawk looks no where as musled up as Laver Arrington. Hawk looks more like a middle school LB.

If Hawk looks like a middle school LB then I'm sure as hell glad I'm not in middle school anymore.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-27-2006, 10:45 PM

Until Hawk proves that he is better than Michael Huff, I will not cease speaking my mind. No way jose (i am not fluent in Spanish. What does jose mean?)

Harlan Huckleby
06-27-2006, 11:23 PM
No way jose (i am not fluent in Spanish. What does jose mean?)

Tank, perhaps you didn't get the memo. There is a new rule declaring the forum to be an English-only space.

MadtownPacker
06-27-2006, 11:35 PM
No way jose (i am not fluent in Spanish. What does jose mean?)Jose is the guy who is gonna tap the lil office girl you cant get.

Bretsky
06-27-2006, 11:39 PM

Until Hawk proves that he is better than Michael Huff, I will not cease speaking my mind. No way jose (i am not fluent in Spanish. What does jose mean?)

Screw Huff; who gives a rats ass about that piece of crap Raider.

the_idle_threat
06-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Jose is the guy who is gonna tap the lil office girl you cant get.

:lol:

Probably slippin it to her right now ...

FavreChild
06-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Huff - how you say - no jugar el futbal Americano?

AJ es - how you say - muy fuerte???

Anti-Polar Bear
06-28-2006, 12:08 AM
As a liberal, my intention is not to mock spanish but what does this mean?

Hawk: El nino el peso bag of trash. (Learned that from MadTV)

Huff: El nino el peso de la stardom.

Thompson: El nino el peso homosexual.

Rastak
06-28-2006, 07:05 AM

HGH?.......That's the stuff that killed Lyle Alzedo.......

Anti-Polar Bear
06-28-2006, 07:24 AM
HGH?.......That's the stuff that killed Lyle Alzedo.......

It made Romo a Pro Bowl player, made Bonds the greatest HR hitter of all time, and it made many a track stars the fastest men in the world. Nuff said.

Merlin
06-28-2006, 07:33 AM
My understanding about the Hawk story is that he got thrown around pretty good in practice and made the decision that he needed to build up some strength. The upside was that he read the offense pretty well, the downside was that he got man handled pretty well by the offensive line.

gbpackfan
06-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Hawk is plenty strong and will continue to get stronger. He just needs to get comportable with his assignments. Too much thinking, not enough "playing." By the end of camp, he'll be good to go.

MJZiggy
06-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Thompson: El nino el peso homosexual.

This one means 'Tank loves Ted.'

The Leaper
06-28-2006, 08:01 AM
The upside was that he read the offense pretty well, the downside was that he got man handled pretty well by the offensive line.

Nearly every LB in the NFL will get manhandled by an offensive lineman. I've seen Ray Lewis get demolished by OL guys...because they are better equipped in using leverage and typically battle guys who outweigh most linebackers by 50-80 pounds.

BlueBrewer
06-28-2006, 08:15 AM
The upside was that he read the offense pretty well, the downside was that he got man handled pretty well by the offensive line.

Nearly every LB in the NFL will get manhandled by an offensive lineman. I've seen Ray Lewis get demolished by OL guys...because they are better equipped in using leverage and typically battle guys who outweigh most linebackers by 50-80 pounds.

I am not worried at all about him having trouble with o-lineman. He will be a playmaker on Sundays, anyway how can he get ,manhandled in non-contact practices :wink:

BlueBrewer
06-28-2006, 08:21 AM

I love it, now I bet you will think that Donnell Washington is a mistake of TT's as well now that he is a Raider.

Badgepack
06-28-2006, 08:56 AM
I think Hawks attitude, work ethic, and play will influence the entire defense and make them a top 5 unit this year. Not to mention a crowd favorite.

Deputy Nutz
06-28-2006, 09:11 AM
My understanding about the Hawk story is that he got thrown around pretty good in practice and made the decision that he needed to build up some strength. The upside was that he read the offense pretty well, the downside was that he got man handled pretty well by the offensive line.

First he has worked out like this since his sophomore yea at Ohio St. He didn't just start doing it. Secondly, The only time Hawk got handled by the offensive line was during one on one pass rushing drills. During Team drills he was all over the place. Besides the only thing that I heard about this was a short sentence by Christl in his OTA write up.

Partial
06-28-2006, 09:17 AM
i'm calling bunk on this. I am not the least bit concerned about Hawk. He is going to be a stud. If he wants to bulk up, more power to him.

Tony Oday
06-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Huff=Bust

PackerPro42
06-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Hawk is going to be an amazing piece to this defense and if anyone thinks they should have drafted Huff they're retarded. Hawk was the perfect pick for this team because he can come in and contribute right away as an elite guy on this team. Anyways if they couldn't get Hawk they we're going to go after Vernon Davis, Mario Williams, or D-Brick.

CaptainKickass
06-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Huff=Bust

I didn't realize there were anything other than Hawk supporters on here.

Why the thoughts of "Bust" Mr. Oday??

I know why I think of "Bust" but that's a totally different context.

Tony Oday
06-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Ever since all the hype about Huff in the draft I see him as a solid player that got picked to high so Bust is too harsh of a term, I should reserve that for young.

HarveyWallbangers
06-28-2006, 10:59 PM
How could a guy get manhandled when the pads weren't even on?

GrnBay007
06-29-2006, 12:15 AM

Tank may have paid a visit. :shock:

-

KYPack
06-29-2006, 09:41 AM

Tank may have paid a visit. :shock:

-

Go Go Double "O"!

Re Hawk?

That's all a part of the transition from college to pro. Some of the techniques and tricks you used in college ball just don't work in the NFL. LB's have to get their legs under 'em and deliver blows with both arms. Some of the little hand tricks you used against Iowa will get you tossed on your ass in pro ball, even if it's camp.

Hawk will be fine. If this tale is true, he's working just like he has to.

woodbuck27
06-29-2006, 11:18 AM

Have you taken the pleasure of watching AJ on film? This is . . a football player, and I mean the no nonsence type Tank.

We are lucky to have him.

PackerPro42
06-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Amen to that one brother. A.J. Hawk was the perfect pick for this team.