PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds

MJZiggy
11-02-2008, 07:00 PM
By E. Homer

This week, the Studs and Duds thread we all know and love moves to the homepage. Click here to read it! (http://www.packerrats.com)

red
11-02-2008, 07:03 PM
um, you linked this page

MJZiggy
11-02-2008, 07:09 PM
No I didn't. Try it again.

red
11-02-2008, 07:12 PM
sorry zig, you are right

i had another window opened up and the front page was loading there when i clicked on the link

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Brady Poppinga played a nice game. Calling him a "dud" because he exchanged head slaps with an offensive lineman on one play is stupid.

Atari Bigby was horrendous. I guess it is just rust, but he looked like he was playing on roller skates.

mission
11-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Brady Poppinga played a nice game. Calling him a "dud" because he exchanged head slaps with an offensive lineman on one play is stupid.

Atari Bigby was horrendous. I guess it is just rust, but he looked like he was playing on roller skates.

Worst Packer today.

Jennings had an off day too. That Finnigan or whatever his name is is a top tier NFL CB. I loved his play.

RashanGary
11-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Bigby was bad. He was out of sync and out of position most of the night.

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2008, 07:44 PM

You just want to see Aaron Rouse out there again. Once you get a hard-on for a player, there is no end to your loyalty.

SkinBasket
11-02-2008, 07:45 PM

You just want to see Aaron Rouse out there again. Once you get a hard-on for a player, there is no end to your loyalty.

Bigby was pretty fucking awful.

]{ilr]3
11-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Driver was an Uber Stud today! I love it when he has big days.

Was James Jones even on the field today?

Ryan Grant is still a dud. Pissed me off all day long watching Chris Johnson burn us with his speed. Why the hell can we get a RB like that.

MJZiggy
11-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Jones was inactive.

red
11-02-2008, 07:47 PM
i'd say t-will took a step backwards this week

i wouldn't call him a complete dud, but he just didn't play to the level that he has been playing at. he seemed to loli gag around on a few plays

and how about mason crosby coming up and drilling the return man on that kickoff?

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I can't see Jones getting his #3 job back. And Bigby better bounce back, or Rouse will be starting.

red
11-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I can't see Jones getting his #3 job back. And Bigby better bounce back, or Rouse will be starting.

agreed, jordy has been solid when he's gotten his chances

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2008, 07:49 PM

Bigby was pretty fucking awful.

JustinHarrell hates Rouse, and I really like Rouse. So it was a joke. Like squeezing another man's balls when you're drunk at a barbeque.

]{ilr]3
11-02-2008, 07:50 PM

Yeah, Jordy Nelson is looking pretty good and he was suppose to have had an ankle injury today and still made a few plays.

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm over-the-top on Jordy Nelson, I think the Packers have three guys who could function fine as #1 receivers. Nelson gets better every game.

RashanGary
11-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I had a big problem with Rouses tackling early, but he's really cleaned that up and fixed his alignment problems too. He's been much better the last few games. He was a good starting safety for the last two games. NO complaints at all, only praise.

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm really high on Rouse. Bigby can be damn good. Collins is having a break out year. They have three starting safeties.

GBRulz
11-02-2008, 08:01 PM
I don't think Poppy started that shoving match though. But 9 times out of 10, the guy who retaliates is the one who gets the penalty.

Which rat did the write up for this? They should get credit as I have no clue who E. Homer is. I guess I don't get the point in putting fake "real" names as opposed to just using their poster name.

MJZiggy
11-02-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't think Poppy started that shoving match though. But 9 times out of 10, the guy who retaliates is the one who gets the penalty.

Which rat did the write up for this? They should get credit as I have no clue who E. Homer is. I guess I don't get the point in putting fake "real" names as opposed to just using their poster name.

Some authors actually do choose to use their real names.

ThunderDan
11-02-2008, 09:35 PM

I wrote the article GB. I picked the pen name E Homer for the memory of my two grandfathers, Erling and Homer.

I guess I didn't see Bigby play that poorly or that well. I cause he really didn't do anything or get his name called so he kind of slipped under the radar.

The Gunshooter
11-03-2008, 04:39 AM
Rodgers sucked ass.

The Gunshooter
11-03-2008, 04:44 AM
Rodgers sucked ass.

SkinBasket
11-03-2008, 06:11 AM
I guess I didn't see Bigby play that poorly or that well. I cause he really didn't do anything or get his name called so he kind of slipped under the radar.

His run support was atrocious. He was taking angles that put him 3 steps behind the RB by the time he got there. That's why you didn't hear his name.

hurleyfan
11-03-2008, 07:29 AM

His run support was atrocious. He was taking angles that put him 3 steps behind the RB by the time he got there. That's why you didn't hear his name.

I think Barnett being almost invisible hurt Bigby, along with the "rust"

texaspackerbacker
11-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Good Job, E Homer, on one of the better cover articles we've had for a while.

Most of the follow up posts have been pretty much on point also.

A slight excuse for Nick Barnett is that he was in pass coverage a lot--and seemed to do a decent job of that.

On the dud side, I didn't like the way Scott Wells played--getting pushed back or giving ground so much he got in Rodgers's way at least twice.

Frost, the punter, who I have said stunk a couple of other games, was decent in this one.

I'm gonna give our TEs and to a lesser extent, our WRs some of the blame for Grant not breaking big gains like last year. Somebody ain't blocking downfield like they should, although it's hard to pinpoint who.

oregonpackfan
11-03-2008, 07:27 PM
G
I'm gonna give our TEs and to a lesser extent, our WRs some of the blame for Grant not breaking big gains like last year. Somebody ain't blocking downfield like they should, although it's hard to pinpoint who.

I am not so sure it was poor blocking by our tight ends as much as the Titans defenders swarming to the ball. They are a very tough defensive unit.

The Packers offense racked up a lot of yards against that defense but had difficulty scoring touchdowns in their red zone. The Titans stiffened up their defense when the need arose.

texaspackerbacker
11-03-2008, 07:33 PM
All season, though, we've been seeing defenses--some known to be good, some not so much--making good plays when Grant gets to the second level and is just about to break one.

Either it's an incredible run of good defense or else it's Grant not seeing the openings or else it's blockers not getting the job done--like I said, kinda hard to pinpoint which.

I'm not saying bench our best-in-the-league receiving corps, just make a few adjustments and improvements in downfield blocking.

Patler
11-03-2008, 08:25 PM
G

I am not so sure it was poor blocking by our tight ends as much as the Titans defenders swarming to the ball. They are a very tough defensive unit.

It did seem like every time the view was good enough to really follow the TE, he missed his guy. Only a couple times did they seem to make effective blocks. If nothing else, blocking was something old Bubba did quite well. I don't think any of the current TEs come close to his consistency, which may be why the Packers have used both full backs on some occasions recently.

To break a long one, a WR has to at least get in someones way. The Titans DBs seemed to be able to drive the WRs right in to Grant several times.