PDA

View Full Version : The more I see and hear from J. Finley, the less I like him

Patler
11-03-2008, 07:23 AM
For a guy who has done nothing catching the ball, has looked putrid blocking on offense, and has been flagged for a couple stupid penalties on the few special teams opportunities that he has had, he certainly has a lofty opinion of himself:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/33734179.html

I would have much rather had him accept some responsibility himself for not adjusting, not making a play when he did get a hand on the ball. I said before the game I didn't want to see more of him, now I don't want to hear from him either.

falco
11-03-2008, 07:29 AM
agreed Patler

seems like the guy has some potential, but if he is this cocky now, how will he be if he develops? he doesn't sound like a guy you want on your team

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Wow. I hope he was being misquoted over and over again.

When I think of how Jennings speaks, this TE is not a Packer person.

Unless he was being misquoted, of course.

pbmax
11-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Agreed. He is rowing in a different direction altogether here and needs his attitude re-adjusted. "I don't do no back shoulder thing". Maybe he should consider catching the ball first, then make requests?

falco
11-03-2008, 07:32 AM
i'd like to see the team come down hard on him after this - maybe let him sit inactive a few games if necessary (would help if jones could get healthy)

also would be nice to see some of the vets in the locker room slap around his attitude a bit

HarveyWallbangers
11-03-2008, 07:41 AM
Very disappointing. You seldom see quotes like that coming from this Packers team.

KYPack
11-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Just another stupid ass rookie. It still remains to be seen what he'll develop into. Another million dollar body with a ten cent head on it right now.

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Too bad we don't have that 6' 27" TE on the PS.

TT don't care what round he picked 'em, IMHO. If they aint Packer People, they gone.

Patler
11-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Agreed. He is rowing in a different direction altogether here and needs his attitude re-adjusted. "I don't do no back shoulder thing". Maybe he should consider catching the ball first, then make requests?

I feel like sending a message as follows: "Dear Mr. Finley; If you don't do 'the back shoulder thing' you won't catch a lot of balls in the NFL, because that is how completions are made even when DBs have good coverage."

If you read the quotes, I guess he is telling us that if he is wide open and the QB leads him perfectly, he will probably catch the ball. Not much to hang your hat on as a pro.

As some of you have expressed, I sure hope he was misquoted, or something. Unfortunately, I doubt it, as I heard similar things from him before the draft, and I expressed opinions that I hoped the Packers were not considering him because of it.

Patler
11-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Too bad we don't have that 6' 27" TE on the PS.

TT don't care what round he picked 'em, IMHO. If they aint Packer People, they gone.

I liked Haynos better than Finley in pre-season, and I know the Packers tried to keep him when Miami signed him off their practice squad. Huge guy, willing blocker, all effort.

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 07:55 AM
No harm, no foul. There are still 52 other jerseys fans can buy with good conscience!

Patler
11-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Just another stupid ass rookie. It still remains to be seen what he'll develop into. Another million dollar body with a ten cent head on it right now.

Yup, he should shut up and be seen for the rest of the season, but not heard from.

MOBB DEEP
11-03-2008, 07:58 AM

what's a "packer person?"

are YOU a "packer person?"

MOBB DEEP
11-03-2008, 08:00 AM

KY, care to revise your Kris Jenkins analysis yet?? BEAST!!!

Patler
11-03-2008, 08:04 AM

Funny, I thought this thread was about Jermichael Finley?? :?

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 08:08 AM

what's a "packer person?"

are YOU a "packer person?"

Great question, MOBB. Thanks. No, I don't play for the Packers, so, I can't be a Packer Person.

I think Packer people who play for the G&G are high character football players that aren't necessarily stars coming out of college, but have that "something" that sets them apart.

I don't expect too many Pacmans, Vicks etc. in GB under TT's regime. I know those boys have talent and, as far as you're concerned the right tan, but, they's poison.

I think this Finley kid is poison - if he was quoted correctly.

And MOBB, thank you for making an effort to use at least SOME grammar this time around. It was really refreshing and I hope you remember where the caps button is locted.

sheepshead
11-03-2008, 08:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY

KYPack
11-03-2008, 08:40 AM

Well, at the time I made some "wait and see" comments about Jenkins, he had played 4 games. He was inactive for 1 game, played very average in 2 and played like a savage in another. He had a handful of tackles and a sack. I said at the time that I thought he was an "in and outer" so far and not a big factor.

Well he's played very well since and yesterday his coach called him a beast. Guy had 5 tackles, 2 sacks and 3 hits on the QB against the Bills. He very well may have been the reason that the Jets won yesterday. So yeah, he's a bitch and has had a smashing first half. If he keeps this up, he'll be in the Pro Bowl and all that stuff.

If he stays on the field, the guy is a difference maker.

I'd be even more contrite and eat a bunch of crow, if it wasn't for your savvy prediction of the Indy game. I thought Indy was our only sure loss this season? it seems you posted that Tony Dungy was such a "wily mentor" he would surely out-coach our own coach mac and lead Indy to victory.

When that didn't happen, I didn't see you come on here and eat crow, so I'll just nibble at it, too.

Maybe neither one of us is much of a predictor.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Finley's comment "I'm ready to play now" is how all those guys think.

His complaints about Rodger's pass behind him was loose lips.

Bedard wrote a story to make Finley look bad, restating his quotes to the coaches and asking for comments.

There is nothing wrong with Finley thinking the things he said. His offense was in saying them to a reporter. I suspect he will learn his lesson after this incident.

Patler
11-03-2008, 09:18 AM
There is nothing wrong with Finley thinking the things he said. His offense was in saying them to a reporter. I suspect he will learn his lesson after this incident.

I think there is plenty wrong with even thinking some of the things he said.

Thinking that he he shouldn't be expected to make plays when he gets his hands on the ball is wrong.
Thinking that passes will be and should be perfectly thrown to lead him is wrong.
Thinking that the coaches have to adjust to him, but he has no obligation to adjust and improve what he can do is very, very wrong.

It appears that he does not understand that for him football is a job, it is work and there are obligations and expectations that come with it He should think that blame is accepted and shared, not deflected toward others.

Deputy Nutz
11-03-2008, 09:26 AM
What a dumb cocky bastard. I honestly hope they shove a phone book up his ass.

pbmax
11-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Ouch. Milwaukee or Mosinee? Makes a difference I would think.

BF4MVP
11-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Wow...He's done MUCH more negative than positive this season (holding on the FG attempt that probably lost us the Falcons game, etc), and apparently he's a jackass as well. Cut his ass, he's terrible.

Memo to Finley: If you get your hands on the ball, the quarterback did his job..Make the damn play and stop bitching. Throwing it to the back shoulder so that only the receiver can get it is very common. It wasn't a perfect throw, but it was very catchable, and NFL players make that catch. They don't throw their quarterback under the bus. If only that were Donald Lee or Tory Humphrey. I think either of those two would have made that play, and if they didn't, they certainly would accept blame for it...

oregonpackfan
11-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Part of Finley's attitude may be his young age and lack of maturity. Didn't he declare early for the NFL draft?

sharpe1027
11-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Philbin's comment makes me think Finley's going to be getting an earful today. Hopefully he takes a slice of humble pie and learns a lesson. He's got plenty of high character guys surrounding him, I hope some of it rubs off.

BF4MVP
11-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Part of Finley's attitude may be his young age and lack of maturity. Didn't he declare early for the NFL draft?
Yeah, he was a redshirt sophomore. He's not even a month older than I am, in fact. I don't care, though, he's terrible and has a terrible attitude. It's okay for a young player to make mistakes (although he's made too many and pretty much hasn't done anything good all year), but it's NOT okay to blame everyone else for it...

Pacopete4
11-03-2008, 10:24 AM
sounds like James Jones might be a little pissed that he was a healthy scratch and not told why... and its sounds like Finely said the coaches don't really tell him what his role is.... maybe this staff needs to start communicating with its players a little better....

but back to Finely.. some of what he said was fine, shows confidence and eagerness to play but u dont sell out ur QB... just a no-no in this league and he will learn that, hes young

Finely is a freak athlete... he's gotta be coached up a ton

KYPack
11-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Ouch. Milwaukee or Mosinee? Makes a difference I would think.

I believe we should use the Chicago phone directory.

1. That's the best place for it.

2. It's just the right size.

Patler
11-03-2008, 10:38 AM
sounds like James Jones might be a little pissed that he was a healthy scratch and not told why... and its sounds like Finely said the coaches don't really tell him what his role is.... maybe this staff needs to start communicating with its players a little better....

Jones being a bit miffed or confused is understandable, since he is not the #5 receiver (at least he doesn't think he is) and seemed to be healthy. He surely assumed that he would play.

Finley not knowing what his role would be is a ridiculous statement on his part. Has he not been at practice? He is the third TE and will perform the TE's duties for whatever plays the coaches put him in for. He is an occasional ST performer, and he has been in other games and practices this year. He will do those things when Stock tells him to get on the field. What more does he need to be told?

Did he think that maybe he was active to be the starter???

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Thinking that he he shouldn't be expected to make plays when he gets his hands on the ball is wrong.
Thinking that passes will be and should be perfectly thrown to lead him is wrong.
Thinking that the coaches have to adjust to him, but he has no obligation to adjust and improve what he can do is very, very wrong.

I don't suppose he was thinking any of these things.

Finley was open in the endzone and Rodgers threw an uncatchable ball. Finley should shutup about it, true, I don't condone what he said. You're reading a lot into it.

I think if you talked to Finley yourself he would represent himself differently than how he came-off with those quotes. The story was designed to get the reader pissed-off at Finley.

Pacopete4
11-03-2008, 10:41 AM
The story was designed to get the reader pissed-off at Finley.

couldn't agree more... just some dumbass reporter tryin to get a name...

Fritz
11-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Well, it worked. You might be right, HH, but I'm trying to imagine what context you could put that "I don't do no back shoulder" bit into that would make it acceptable.

Here's his new nickname:

Jerkmichael Finley.

Patler
11-03-2008, 10:45 AM

I don't suppose he was thinking any of these things.

Finley was open in the endzone and Rodgers threw an uncatchable ball. Finley should shutup about it, true, I don't condone what he said.

I think if you talked to Finley yourself he would represent himself differently than how he came-off with those quotes. The story was designed to get the reader pissed-off at Finley.

He said those things, why wasn't he thinking them?

He was a draft pick I hated to see the Packers make because his pre-draft interviews and comments were full of those kinds of comments. I don't think he is being portrayed inaccurately by the writer. I think the writer has taken the chance to show the fans just what type of attitude this player has, instead of trying to make him look good by glossing over or omitting his stupid remarks.

This is exactly what I feared Finley would be. Perhaps the Packers can change him. Perhaps he will mature and change on his own. I hope so because he has physical gifts for a TE.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2008, 10:47 AM
He was given chances yesterday and didn't show me a damn thing. M3 needs to have a strong talk with him and if he even tries to talk back M3 should cut him on the spot.

Patler
11-03-2008, 10:51 AM
He was given chances yesterday and didn't show me a damn thing. M3 needs to have a strong talk with him and if he even tries to talk back M3 should cut him on the spot.

Shades of Joey Thomas?
Another under-performing, physically talented player who seemed to blame others for his own shortcomings, including the coaches.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 10:52 AM
"I don't do no back shoulder" bit into that would make it acceptable.

:lol: I think its kinda funny. The guy is obviously just goofing around. I don't think Finley will be speaking loosely with his new buddy, Greg Bedard, again.

Next interview, "I just want to do whatever I can to help the team."

MadtownPacker
11-03-2008, 10:54 AM

Shades of Joey Thomas?
Another under-performing, physically talented player who seemed to blame others for his own shortcomings, including the coaches.That's a damn good comparison. Only thing is thomas got a lot more chances to shine when him and carroll had their "battle" for mckenzies spot.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 10:54 AM
He said those things, why wasn't he thinking them?.

I must have been reading the edited version of the story. The Uncut Version you have access to does sound really bad.

Patler
11-03-2008, 11:14 AM
He said those things, why wasn't he thinking them?.

I must have been reading the edited version of the story.

Probably more likely that you are not critically reading what is right in front of you.

I will admit, I thought this guy was a jerk long before the draft just because of what I read and saw from him in interviews, and that may be slanting my judgment. On the other hand, he has given me no reason to change my opinion. I think you are giving him way too much benefit of the doubt.

Partial
11-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Sit him the rest of the season. You do not throw your quarterback under the bus. You're a rookie. You say you tried your hardest and failed to convert, but you'll try even harder next time. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can't do it.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 11:18 AM
I think you are giving him way too much benefit of the doubt.

he gets 5 demerits for his comments.

My scale: Randy Moss got no demerits for mooning the Packer crowd, that was funny. Dog Fighting gets 100 demerits.

I don't judge a player until they accumulate 20 demerits.

Patler
11-03-2008, 11:27 AM
he gets 5 demerits for his comments.

My scale: Randy Moss got no demerits for mooning the Packer crowd, that was funny. Dog Fighting gets 100 demerits.

I don't judge a player until they accumulate 20 demerits.

I gave him 15 for his pre-draft comments.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 11:29 AM
You would never give 15 demerits for comments from a nice white guy like Poppinga.

Whups, sorry, wrong thread.

KYPack
11-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Finley is the youngest player on the Packer roster. This latest comment proves that to be true.

He does have a couple kids. Maybe Brady Poppinga can give him a few parenting lessons or maybe sit Jermichael on the "step of learning".

mraynrand
11-03-2008, 11:52 AM
"I just came in just like another day ready to play, not knowing what's going on."

He's a young brash guy. Can the Packers mold the guy or not? That's the question. Beating the guy up in the press won't help. Hopefully someone will get to him and convince him to shut his yapper and just play.

Fritz
11-03-2008, 12:45 PM
"I don't do no back shoulder" bit into that would make it acceptable.

:lol: I think its kinda funny. The guy is obviously just goofing around. I don't think Finley will be speaking loosely with his new buddy, Greg Bedard, again.

Next interview, "I just want to do whatever I can to help the team."

this interpretation assumes that Jerkmichael was joking around, which suggests he's capable of understanding irony.

I don't know, Harlan. You must be a generous man to give him that reading.

BobDobbs
11-03-2008, 01:23 PM
We should have traded him for Tony Gonzalez...

channtheman
11-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Ugghhh. Reading those quotes makes me sick. And didn't we just have him answer questions for us? He seemed decent enough in that story but this is just horrible. Really I think this needs to be delt with as quick as possible. Give him a fine or suspension or whatever you want and if something happens again, can his ass.

EDIT: My bad we had Tory Humphrey answer questions. Now he seems like a Packer Person.

HarveyWallbangers
11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
What the coach said:

Doesn't agree with Jermichael Finley's comment that the throw shouldn't have been to his back shoulder. Finley had a poor release, was too high. Practice that play all the time.

CaliforniaCheez
11-03-2008, 04:06 PM
"That's just like I got both my feet in the door," Finley said. "Now I'm ready to kick it down."

I had to laugh hard at that.

1) If you get both feet in the door why withdraw them to kick the door down.

2) If you have both feet in then it is unnecessary to kick the door down.

3) If your inside you don't want the door kicked down because it is cold outside.

Offensive coordinator Joe Philbin was amused by Finley's suggestion.

"Interesting comment," Philbin said. "I think that's interesting. I'll withhold comment."

He may have a few appointments scheduled for him at the school of hard knocks.

green_bowl_packer
11-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Seems the guy was always a jerk and we picked him any ways . From the Houston Chronicle - Combine blog

http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/2008/02/finley_upset_with_how_coaches.html
not so many supportive comments for Finley on the blog link

February 21, 2008
Finley upset with how coaches used him at UT

A lot of times at the NFL Scouting Combine, players are so "coached" in what to say and what not to say, there is very little that raises your eyebrows. They often sugarcoat their emotions.

Texas tight end Jermichael Finley didn't fall into that category Thursday, though. He made it clear that he was frustrated with how he was used on offense last year with the Longhorns. He caught 43 passes for 563 yards and two touchdowns.

His biggest game of the season came against Oklahoma when he had four catches for 149 yards.

"That game showed that I needed the ball more in my hands," Finley said. "And Texas couldn't do it, so I had to come to the next level and hopefully at the next level I can get the ball and the offensive coordinator can get me the ball some kind of way.

"And it was against a great defense, OU. They were ranked in the top 5 defense. So I came out and showed what I could do against them."

When asked why the coaches at Texas couldn't scheme up a similar game plan against other opponents, Finley said, "I guess they didn't want to, that's what it was."

Finley is now slated to be a third- or fourth-round pick in the draft on April 27.

Posted by Megan Manfull at February 21, 2008 07:45 PM

HarveyWallbangers
11-03-2008, 04:47 PM
I guess we know why a guy with a ton of athletic ability dropped to the middle rounds now. I'm hoping the guy "gets it," but I'm not too encouraged.

Tony Oday
11-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I think cut his arrogant ass. Or have someone kick it...

You are a Back up TE in the NFL slappy.

Patler
11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the article green_bowl. I remember reading those types of comments from him before the draft. As I recall, there were some when he announced he was entering the draft after playing just two seasons, but I couldn't find them when I looked today.

Who knows, the stuff he takes from coaches and players from this episode might be an awakening for him. We can hope anyway.

green_bowl_packer
11-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I remember him at the combine saying "Green Bay's on me real hard!" I got a kick at it at the time as thinking that's a sure way NOT to get drafted by GB if you out yourself as someone we're interested in, but low and behold.

His NFL draft profile admits he's immature and talks too much and I'm sure they knew this going in. They also said he takes to hard coaching so I'm sure he'll get a boat load now. I'd be willing to bet he gets his ass handed to him for this, because you can't let this happen to your QB.

Give me the ball!!!
12:42 PM Thu, Feb 21, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Apparently, Texas-ex Jermichael Finley has the Packers in hot pursuit.

"Green Bay's on me real hard," is the way he actually put it. Of course, the Packers might want to make sure they can allot him the proper number of touches before drafting him.

Finley just finished up describing why he left Texas. It all started with the Oklahoma game, a big one for him. His four catches and 149 yards affirmed what he thought all along, and led him down the path of no collegiate return.

"That game showed that I needed the ball more," Finley said. "Texas couldn't do it, so I'm coming to the next level. And hopefully at the next level I'll get the ball more. Hopefully I get an offensive coordinator that'll get me the ball, some kind of way. It was against a great defense, a top-five defense, and I showed what I could do."

The Oklahoma game was frustrating, yes, but "I didn't let it get me down. I just kept on grinding it out, kept on doing what I needed to do," Finley says, finishing up a true story of triumph.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/02/give-me-the-ball.html

NFL Draft Profile
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/jermichael-finley?id=1072#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-overview

Joemailman
11-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Obviously the rookie needs an attitude adjustment. I can imagine a guy like Driver pulling him off to the side and telling him there are some things you just don't say, especially to a reporter. His excuse making might just be him being overly defensive about the fact he didn't make a play when he had a chance. Any further public criticism of Rodgers, or any other teammate, shouldn't and won't be tolerated by MM.

KYPack
11-03-2008, 06:14 PM
He's a rookie.

In fact, he's what being a rook is all about.

Shut yer mouth Kid, and learn to block.

Right now, you don't know how to do either one.

Guy is 21 and thinks 17.

Ton of talent, he might be something someday.

Too bad we had to lose Haynos, he did look like he could play in the future

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 06:51 PM
I'd be willing to bet he gets his ass handed to him for this, because you can't let this happen to your QB.

I think that it is a tiny deal with MM & Rodgers. JF has been embarassed by the negative attention, I suspect. My guess is he will take a little gruff from his teammates, but it is over with.

MJZiggy
11-03-2008, 08:14 PM
I say they duct tape him to a locker in the visitors' locker room (or at least an atomic wedgie...)

Packers4Ever
11-03-2008, 10:47 PM

Agreed, KYP, and a rarity for a Packer person. What I can't figure is
how he got by TT - who is IMO a very sharp man who doesn't miss much of anything at all.

Makes me wonder if he can only be civil when it's really needed. :no:

HarveyWallbangers
11-03-2008, 10:50 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20081103/PKR01/81103144/1058

Notebook: Finley's play, comments don't sit well with coaches

digitaldean
11-03-2008, 11:52 PM
I thought Finley would provide the Pack with a large target somewhere down the line and contribute a little this season.

This bonehead has been a liability whenever he's been activated. Also appears his mouth needs to be shut a lot more. Shows his complete lack of respect and intelligence.

Tarlam!
11-04-2008, 01:33 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20081103/PKR01/81103144/1058

Notebook: Finley's play, comments don't sit well with coaches

That's too bad. I was hoping he was, ideed, misquoted. Seems finley has been Patlerized.

DonHutson
11-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey D'yer Michael... less talky, more catchy.

Joemailman
11-06-2008, 05:41 PM
If brains were dynamite, this guy wouldn't have enough to blow his nose.

JSO also has a story about the reaction of the coaches. I've never heard Philbin publicly react so negatively to a player before. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/33802394.html

BF4MVP
11-06-2008, 06:54 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20081106/PKR01/81106120/1058

At least he apologized..Kind of..Doesn't make the comments any less stupid though. I'm hoping he contributes something and keeps his mouth shut. If he's going to be on the field while a player of James Jones' caliber is put on the inactive list, he damn well better bring something to the table...

RashanGary
11-06-2008, 07:36 PM
He's certainly a good athlete so he'll get his second and third chances. Sometimes when reporters ask questions, it almost feels like they're ripping you down. IN defense of Finley, he might be a little insecure and stupid to top it off so he responded really poorly. HOpefully his work ethic and desire to be a good football player outweigh his intelligence.

He's a damn fine athlete and IMO a rugged, tough baller that you want on your side of the battle. I hope he's not so stupid that he messes up the great opportunity right in front of him.

SnakeLH2006
11-06-2008, 11:37 PM
If those quotes are true that JF said, so be it. There's a handful of cocky pass-catching types that state things as such and succeed in the NFL because they normally produce and help win games:

TO
Moss
Ocho Hoto... :shock: Ok he just sucks and drags his team down.

Does JF have the entitlement in his gumption to say those things and think he's "entitled" to more balls thrown his way (1 catch for 6 yards thus far). NOPE! To talk down on ARod for throwing "poor" passes (his words) is just ridiculous to someone of his stature (numerous penalties, poor blocks, shitty ST play). How is this mofo active?

I caught him on the local WAOW Packer show (yea, I DVR any Packer-related content on TV to watch before the Packer games), he was a recent guest and I had to fast forward through the whole thing when the two homer (happy to have a Packer at the local Weston Bowling Lanes..yippee!!) announcers kept feeding his ego with every stupid thing that came out his mouth about his "big coming out party". Pretty lame.

I do respect his ability (go on Youtube and look at his vids..pretty impressive) yet he needs a kick in the mouth to come back to Earth, as he ain't entitled to shit. P.U.N.K.

channtheman
08-30-2010, 06:08 PM
:lol: Quite a fun topic to go back and read through. Haynos? Humphrey? Trade for Gonzalez? Sure glad we didn't do that!

Many of the comments are in line with him needing to grow up though and he did (or appears to have done so). Interesting to think though, has Finley grown up enough that in the very near future he won't by the type to hold out for a huge contract? It'll also be interesting to see if TT extends Finley this season.

Tony Oday
08-30-2010, 06:32 PM
I think cut his arrogant ass. Or have someone kick it...

You are a Back up TE in the NFL slappy.

That is why I never made it to GM I guess...but at the time he was a back up so I stand by my thoughts...now he is so back up the talk!

gbgary
08-30-2010, 06:33 PM
i thought he was gonna be a bust with his attitude and poor play. he's said and done all the right things, to my knowledge, off the field to change my mind. his play on the field speaks for itself. from potential bust to potential superstar.

falco
08-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Lot of good posters in this thread. What happened to OPF? Snake? Good guys.

Joemailman
08-30-2010, 07:25 PM
The thing I remember about this incident was feeling that the Packers showed a lot of restraint in terms of what was, and what was not said. It's easy to forget how frustrating a loss this was. Packers were 4-3 and Titans were 7-0. A win on the road here would have been huge. It would have been easy for the coaches, and especially Rodgers to overreact. I thought Aaron showed a lot of leadership in not lashing out at Finley after Finley threw him under the bus. With all the pressure Aaron was under that year, the way he handled this was impressive.

retailguy
08-30-2010, 07:40 PM

don't get me started. :wink:

lots of folks gone. many reasons I am sure, but I still think I am right about more than a few.

RashanGary
08-30-2010, 08:04 PM

lots of folks gone. many reasons I am sure, but I still think I am right about more than a few.

What has gotten into you lately? Sheesh. Are you on a mission to stir shit this week or what?

retailguy
08-30-2010, 08:14 PM

What has gotten into you lately? Sheesh. Are you on a mission to stir shit this week or what?

Father Justin's preaching just got to me. I'm on fire! :P

Seriously - I miss the folks who left A LOT. I agree with falco on almost nothing, but when I saw OPF's name, I felt the same way.... :(

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Why did people leave? I haven't been around much since 07, school has been killing me.

Bossman641
08-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I'd like to point out that my NOT posting in this thread is proof that I was always on the Finley bandwagon. Now just nobody go searching for any quotes. :D

get louder at lambeau
08-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Why did people leave? I haven't been around much since 07, school has been killing me.

You obviously have to quit school, and focus on the important things in life, like posting on unofficial Packer forums on the interwebs.

Joemailman
08-30-2010, 08:44 PM

Shit! So you don't know Favre retired from the Packers? :wink:

Hard to say for sure, but it seems the whole Favre thing created a bit of a Civil War here.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-30-2010, 09:54 PM

Hard to say for sure, but it seems the whole Favre thing created a bit of a Civil War here.

Lol I thought Favre looked different dropping back to pass!

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-30-2010, 09:55 PM

You obviously have to quit school, and focus on the important things in life, like posting on unofficial Packer forums on the interwebs.

Remind me not to come to you for advice :D

MichiganPackerFan
08-31-2010, 10:02 AM

What we've got here is... failure to communicate

SkinBasket
08-31-2010, 10:06 AM

That whole not being able to find the site, get from the homepage to here for several months, or register seems to have dampened the party too.

mraynrand
08-31-2010, 10:32 AM

That whole not being able to find the site, get from the homepage to here for several months, or register seems to have dampened the party too.

There's a HOMEPAGE? Say it ain't so.