PDA

View Full Version : Off game for Jennings

privatepacker
11-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Since I don't get all the Packer games I can only compare what I have seen this year. For the first time, it looked like Jennings was really dis-engaged from the gameplan. He had no synch w/ Rodgers at all and regardless of the PI no calls, he wasn't part of the offense yesterday.
Also saw that endzone PI no call on Chiller, and agree w/ the no call. Yes I'm a fan but looking again at it in slow motion he doesn't touch the receiver until the ball hits his arms and that's when Chiller rakes his arm.
Liked the way the D-line played in the 2nd half but either ran out of steam or blown assignments on the last 2 drives.

HarveyWallbangers
11-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Finnegan is a great corner, and he seemed to be covering Jennings a lot. I think the Packers just went after the other corner more. Still, if Jennings catches the bomb late, he has 4 catches for well over 100 yards--and that would be a great day against Finnegan.

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Yeah, Harv, but he gave up on that bomb. He just stopped running and was 2 yards short - ONLY!!!

Don't you teach evryone to FINISH no matter what the other 10 dudes are doing? I have no idea, since I never played the game. But dammit, I finish what I start!!!

HarveyWallbangers
11-03-2008, 08:19 AM
You must be thinking of another play. On the bomb I'm talking about, he got his hands on the ball, but it appeared Finnegan grabbed his right arm just before the ball got there.

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Kindly put and I defer to your expertise.

Patler
11-03-2008, 08:35 AM
There were two bombs to Jennings that didn't connect.

The first was the first play from scrimmage after the Titans touchdown in the first half. Jennings was a step behind the defender down the middle of the field. The pass was on perfect line, but barely overthrown. The announcers said Jennings let up, apparently not expecting the throw. It was hard to tell on TV whether he did let up or not. I think this is the one Tarlam is thinking of.

The second was the play in the last Packer's drive in the game. The pass was perfect, right in stride and out in front where only Jennings could get his hands on it. The DB briefly grabbed Jennings right arm so he didn't get his hand around to the ball, and dropped it. This is the one Harvey is referring to.

Both could have gone for TDs.

Zool
11-03-2008, 08:36 AM
The first one he looked like he was running a clear out but got the ball thrown to him anyways. The second one, he definitely had his arm grabbed. Finnegan with safety help neutralized him most of the afternoon. What I want to know is, where the hell is Lee?

retailguy
11-03-2008, 09:44 AM
The first one he looked like he was running a clear out but got the ball thrown to him anyways. The second one, he definitely had his arm grabbed. Finnegan with safety help neutralized him most of the afternoon. What I want to know is, where the hell is Lee?

Taking a backseat to Finley? :wink:

channtheman
11-05-2008, 01:54 AM
Since I don't get all the Packer games I can only compare what I have seen this year. For the first time, it looked like Jennings was really dis-engaged from the gameplan. He had no synch w/ Rodgers at all and regardless of the PI no calls, he wasn't part of the offense yesterday.
Also saw that endzone PI no call on Chiller, and agree w/ the no call. Yes I'm a fan but looking again at it in slow motion he doesn't touch the receiver until the ball hits his arms and that's when Chiller rakes his arm.
Liked the way the D-line played in the 2nd half but either ran out of steam or blown assignments on the last 2 drives.

Thank you for seeing that. I saw the same thing but some people disagree with that. As for Jennings, I thought he had a decent game. It didn't look like he let up on the first bomb and it was just barely overthrown, I don't know about that one. The second one, it looked like the no call PI was a good play by the defender because he was able to disguise it so the ref didn't see, even though it really hindered Jennings chance to catch the ball. Did anyone else think that on the play where Jennings came back to the ball and then was running across the field that he slowed down too much trying to stiff arm a guy that wasn't even near him? I thought that if he had just run as fast as he could that he would have scored easily.

The Gunshooter
11-05-2008, 05:03 AM

I agree on the no call on Chillar. He turned and raked just as the ball arrived. I still say GB should of won the game easily. According to jsonline, they had the ball past midfield 7 times with 288/102 of offense. They dominated from middle of the first quarter until the last two drives of the game when it should of been a 13 point lead by then.

The Gunshooter
11-05-2008, 05:11 AM

I believe he was running a deep button hook. When he saw the ball was not in the air he took off again. No one was within 10 yards of him and Rodgers just blew it just like the ball he threw to James Jones down the sideline in the preseason. When Rodgers learns to put some air under those passes it is going to be something to behold.

Zool
11-05-2008, 07:54 AM

I believe he was running a deep button hook. When he saw the ball was not in the air he took off again. No one was within 10 yards of him and Rodgers just blew it just like the ball he threw to James Jones down the sideline in the preseason. When Rodgers learns to put some air under those passes it is going to be something to behold.

Did you miss the second Jennings bomb? That thing dropped right out of the sky.

Patler
11-05-2008, 09:04 AM
I just watched it again, and I sure can't blame Rodgers much on the throw for the first bomb to Jennings. Rodgers released the ball at his own 38, it hit the ground at about the 12. Jennings gave a little out fake at the 40, then went up the field. The closest DB was only about a yard to a yard and a half away when Jennings first looked for the ball. It was a very good throw, that traveled 50 yards in the air and missed by very little. The more I watch it, it does look like Jennings was surprised by the ball a little. Maybe when he looked for it, he just didn't pick it up quickly enough, or something. Maybe he wasn't expecting it, thinking he was more of a decoy than a target on the play. It was very close to being a huge gain, or a TD if Jennings could have kept his feet and caught it.