PDA

View Full Version : Brady Poppinga on the "naughty step".

Patler
11-03-2008, 08:10 AM
I love this attitude:

There was linebacker Brady Poppinga, who made no excuses for his first-half personal foul penalty that set up a Titans field goal.

“I lost my cool,” Poppinga said. “I let my aggressiveness get the best of me. I was instigated, but I cannot blame it on some outside factor. It was me. I was responsible.

“I teach my kids not to do that, so I’m going to have to go home now and tell them that Daddy is going to have to sit on the naughty step, which is part of the deal when you misbehave in my family.”

I'll bet he went home and did it, too!

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Does he beat his kids if they choose to get off the naughty step? I mean, how does one contain his beastly child to the naughty step?

pbmax
11-03-2008, 09:07 AM
The colossal shame of being sentenced to the naughty step usually drives all thoughts of disobedience out of a person's mind. Penitence is all that is left on which to dwell.

I should do a turn on the naughty step considering all the mean-spirited things I have been thinking while watching Wisconsin football this weekend. My negativity isn't helping.

KYPack
11-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Does he beat his kids if they choose to get off the naughty step? I mean, how does one contain his beastly child to the naughty step?

Yeah he beats 'em.

& I bet he beats 'em real good, too.

retailguy
11-03-2008, 09:35 AM

R - E - S - P - E - C - T

BF4MVP
11-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Haha, that's pretty funny. I like Brady, but he obviously has to know that the refs don't see the instigation, they see the retaliation. Turn the other cheek, and let the other guy get a penalty. That penalty REALLY hurt.

hurleyfan
11-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Haha, that's pretty funny. I like Brady, but he obviously has to know that the refs don't see the instigation, they see the retaliation. Turn the other cheek, and let the other guy get a penalty. That penalty REALLY hurt.

How many times do we say this!! The retaliation gets caught / punished!

sharpe1027
11-03-2008, 09:53 AM

Yep. On a positive note, I think his statement showed he knew it was still his fault even if the other guy did something first.

It looked to me in the replay that the Titans guy gave him a shot to the face, maybe even up under the faskmask. That was about the third or fourth time I saw a Titans blocker going to the head. They even ripped off Cole's helmet once.

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 10:27 AM

Uh Oh, RG. My Dad got my respect because he would beat the living daylights outta me. We didn't have a naughty step. But he had a viscious glare. And when I saw it, I knew, I was f....ed.

retailguy
11-03-2008, 10:35 AM

Uh Oh, RG. My Dad got my respect because he would beat the living daylights outta me. We didn't have a naughty step. But he had a viscious glare. And when I saw it, I knew, I was f....ed.

yeah, I had the same kind of Dad. I havent' been that way with my girls. I've found consistency is way more important. Once they understood "the rules", it all seems to work out ok, MOST of the time.

Fritz
11-03-2008, 10:39 AM
I want to send my girlfriend to the "naughty step"...

MadtownPacker
11-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Oh so the White guy gets off easy????????

I bet Barnett would be roasted by you mofos for this. Poppinga's mistake was was just as costly as any other yesterday and maybe even more so because if his penalty dont happen there are 3 for SURE Titans points off the board.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 11:00 AM
I want to send my girlfriend to the "naughty step"...

yeah, baby!

Zool
11-03-2008, 11:01 AM

I bet Barnett would be roasted by you mofos for this. Poppinga's mistake was was just as costly as any other yesterday and maybe even more so because if his penalty dont happen there are 3 for SURE Titans points off the board.

Next time Poppinga invents a stupid fucking dance for when he does something well will be the first time.

Check the salaries as well.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Next time Poppinga invents a stupid fucking dance for when he does something well will be the first time.

Check the salaries as well.What does dancing have to do with this? I dont remember Barnett getting penalties for it. Whats does money have to do with it? Both are on the field all game long and their actions carry the same weight on the outcome of the game. Come back with something legit or STFU.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 11:05 AM
I think the white guys should do little square dances with each other after good plays. Dosey-doh, bro!

Zool
11-03-2008, 11:10 AM

Check the salaries as well.What does dancing have to do with this? I dont remember Barnett getting penalties for it. Whats does money have to do with it? Both are on the field all game long and their actions carry the same weight on the outcome of the game. Come back with something legit or STFU.

Wow read your own shit first next time. You said Popp gets off easier than Barnett for stupid plays because he's white. Thats not the case at all. Barnett gets shit because of his idiotic play style and large salary. Popp is what he is and thats why he gets less shit than your good friend Nick. This isn't about race at all.

Come back with something that actually resembles a retort or STFU.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2008, 11:10 AM
I think the white guys should do little square dances with each other after good plays. Dosey-doh, bro!I would be in favor of that but I am not in favor the way you casually dismiss what your Aryan brother has done. If it was Bigby you would be breaking out Ford F150 and the chains.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 11:14 AM
I wasn't that mad at Poppinga for the play because it is just one bad moment. An occasional personal foul is part of the game, a team with no personal fouls probably is not passionate.

Bigby was starting to have a pattern of them last year, that was a problem.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Charles Martin was just spirited.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Wow read your own shit first next time. You said Popp gets off easier than Barnett for stupid plays because he's white. Thats not the case at all. Barnett gets shit because of his idiotic play style and large salary. Popp is what he is and thats why he gets less shit than your good friend Nick. This isn't about race at all.

Come back with something that actually resembles a retort or STFU.Check it out you have already criticized me more for complaining about the special treatment he is receiving then you criticized the stupidity of what Poppinga did that heavily altered the game. A bad play is one thing but making the defense stay on the field after a stop on 3rd down AFTER the play was over? How can you defend that?

My "good friend Nick"? Why it that? Cuz he is a DJ? Cuz he jaywalks? Cuz he likes checking hoes?

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 11:17 AM
I think the white guys should do little square dances with each other after good plays. Dosey-doh, bro!I would be in favor of that but I am not in favor the way you casually dismiss what your Aryan brother has done. If it was Bigby you would be breaking out Ford F150 and the chains.

Are you suggesting the naughty step aint good enough? You had a tough Dad, too, huh?

Zool
11-03-2008, 11:21 AM

Come back with something that actually resembles a retort or STFU.Check it out you have already criticized me more for complaining about the special treatment he is receiving then you criticized the stupidity of what Poppinga did that heavily altered the game. A bad play is one thing but making the defense stay on the field after a stop on 3rd down AFTER the play was over? How can you defend that?

My "good friend Nick"? Why it that? Cuz he is a DJ? Cuz he jaywalks? Cuz he likes checking hoes?

I actually talked shit about Popp in another thread, and have consistantly called him bad this season. I don't recall praising anything about him other than his pass rush skill which he seems to have lost.

And Nick is your buddy because you automatically bring race into jaywalking or something.

I wouldnt defend Popp for anything. I wish Chillar was better than he is because I'm not happy with Popp at all this season. He's lost in the wash a good portion of the time. He hits hard and thats about it.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Are you suggesting the naughty step aint good enough? You had a tough Dad, too, huh?Yes that is why I am trying to raise my son Zool up right. He is half donkey but all honkey so it is tough at times.

Zool
11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
He is half donkey but all honkey so it is tough at times.

Fuck it I'll admit it. I laughed at this one.

pbmax
11-03-2008, 11:24 AM

Pop's gotten nailed in other threads. I got him twice. I also want photos of his time in the naughty chair as proof.

retailguy
11-03-2008, 11:27 AM

:shock:

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Not quite the naughty step.... http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=XnS49c9KZw8