PDA

View Full Version : Euros Wanna Know!

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 08:28 AM
So, who ya gonna vote?

LL2
11-03-2008, 09:01 AM
It sure seems that Euro's want to know...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/americas/2008/vote_usa_2008/default.stm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27455097/

It's interesting how the rest of the world feels they have a stake in this election.

MadtownPacker
11-03-2008, 10:38 AM
It's interesting how the rest of the world feels they have a stake in this election.Yeah, WTF is up with that? Just like that bitch ass MMMDK saying he is voting even though he dont claim the US, dont live in the US and dont want to live here. Fucking makes me sick.

SkinBasket
11-03-2008, 11:01 AM
I think they're interested in the economic disaster the US becomes after Obama takes the reigns. The international community is all for weaker US influence. Obama will deliver.

hoosier
11-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I think they're interested in the economic disaster the US becomes after Obama takes the reigns. The international community is all for weaker US influence. Obama will deliver.

Oh yeah, a major recession in the US is going to be like mana from heaven for the world's financial system. :lol:

What's wrong with showing some interest in what people are doing in other countries? Are you afraid some Eurogeeks are going to find a way to hack our electronic voting machines? Or is it just that y'all can't fathom why anyone would ever give a second thought as to what's going on in other countries, not to mention actually knowing the names of their presidential candidates?

hoosier
11-03-2008, 12:12 PM
By the way, Tarlam, your poll is mighty confusing. What exactly is the difference between the two options?

SkinBasket
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM

Oh yeah, a major recession in the US is going to be like mana from heaven for the world's financial system. :lol:

What's wrong with showing some interest in what people are doing in other countries? Are you afraid some Eurogeeks are going to find a way to hack our electronic voting machines? Or is it just that y'all can't fathom why anyone would ever give a second thought as to what's going on in other countries, not to mention actually knowing the names of their presidential candidates?

You're right. There's an amazing pro-US sentiment in Europe. I was foolish for questioning their interest in our politics and continued global leadership.

sheepshead
11-03-2008, 12:22 PM
I always follow Al qaeda, Chavez and Hamas when I head to the polls.

hoosier
11-03-2008, 02:00 PM

Well I guess that rules out McPalin for you. Doh.

hoosier
11-03-2008, 02:03 PM

You're right. There's an amazing pro-US sentiment in Europe. I was foolish for questioning their interest in our politics and continued global leadership.

Most Europeans don't have the slightest problem with US leadership. In fact they want the US to return to its historical leadership role. They just haven't quite come around to identifying the way the far right thinks and operates with America's or the world's interests.

HowardRoark
11-03-2008, 02:04 PM

Well I guess that rules out McPalin for you. Doh.

Well, it's decided then. I'm voting for that "black man."

HowardRoark
11-03-2008, 02:06 PM

Most Europeans don't have the slightest problem with US leadership. In fact they want the US to return to its historical leadership role. They just haven't quite come around to identifying the way the far right thinks and operates with America's or the world's interests.

hoosier
11-03-2008, 02:43 PM

There's always Bob Barr. Now that would send a message.... :lol:

HowardRoark
11-03-2008, 02:45 PM

Is he black? I decided I'm going to vote for a black man.

hoosier
11-03-2008, 03:18 PM

Is he black? I decided I'm going to vote for a black man.

Is this what you had in mind? http://highbridnation.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/blackface_nocap.jpg

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 08:51 PM

Excellent post. You nailed it.

What Europeans have a problem with is G.W. Bush. I am yet to meet a single person here in Germany, not named Angela Merkel, that has any respect for Bush.

I wonder how history will portray the guy. I think he was a good Prez for you. I am really shocked at tghe hostility he receives over here.

BTW, most people over here doubt you Americans will really elect a black president tomorrow. Don't shoot the messenger.

Partial
11-03-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure which is which in the poll.

Tarlam!
11-03-2008, 09:07 PM

It's a fake poll Partial. I was more interested in the comments, but according to Mad, I am not entitled to be interested in what you people think about your next Prez.

Freak Out
11-03-2008, 11:54 PM

Like we have now?

SkinBasket
11-04-2008, 05:46 AM

It's a fake poll Partial. I was more interested in the comments, but according to Mad, I am not entitled to be interested in what you people think about your next Prez.

I don't think he meant you specifically, just you in general.

MJZiggy
11-04-2008, 05:52 AM
Actually, to be honest, I think the contempt was more for mmmdk's intention to VOTE in a country he has no intention of inhabiting. I see no problem with people outside the US being interested in this contest.

Tarlam!
11-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't think he meant you specifically, just you in general.

Now I don't know whether I should be specifically insulted or generally insulted! :D