PDA

View Full Version : I may have been wrong! or, What does Crow taste like?

PackerBlues
11-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Prior to the start of the season, I predicted that the Packers would only win 4 games all season. Here we are at the half-way point, and the Packers already have 4 wins. Yep, I may have been wrong. :whist:

Before the game against the Titans, I read in the paper that Thompson cut KGB. I found that to be pretty interesting, considering as how so many people in these forums kept making such a big deal out of the fact that Thompson had re-signed KGB not that long ago...... So, was Thompson a genius for re-signing KGB, or is he now a genius for cutting KGB??? Which is it? I am so confused. :roll:

I guess the team did have to make room for Harrell though....... How did he do anyway? (I was watching Brett Favre and the Jets win their game :oops: and missed any plays that Harrell may have made.)

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 11:03 AM
So was Thompson a genius for re-signing KGB, or is he now a genius for cutting KGB??? Which is it? I am so confused. :roll:

I'd say both. It was a smart risk to take. And now its a smart time to cut losses since it didn't work out.

Hope this helps.

PackerBlues
11-03-2008, 11:05 AM
So was Thompson a genius for re-signing KGB, or is he now a genius for cutting KGB??? Which is it? I am so confused. :roll:

I'd say both. It was a smart risk to take. And now its a smart time to cut losses since it didn't work out.

Hope this helps.

I think it also sends a message to the rest of the players..........It doesn't matter what your salary is, if you don't produce, your done.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't think this was a message-sending deal. KGB is just injured, he lost his burst because of an arthritic knee. Maybe KGB will recover further and make a comeback some day, but that's unlikely.

He was replaced by a street free agent, Pettiway, even though the team doesn't save a dime in salary. KGB probably won't be able to help another team this year.

pbmax
11-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Well, I am pretty clear on who the genius is not, considering the last time a GM re-signed KGB was during Mike Sherman's reign as GM.

SkinBasket
11-03-2008, 11:16 AM
I found that to be pretty interesting, considering as how so many people in these forums kept making such a big deal out of the fact that Thompson had re-signed KGB not that long ago...... So, was Thompson a genius for re-signing KGB, or is he now a genius for cutting KGB??? Which is it? I am so confused. :roll:

Uhhhhhh.....

Maybe you should change the title of your post to I AM ALWAYS WRONG.

KGB signed his deal in 2003. Ted took over in 2005. For fuck's sake man.

PackerBlues
11-03-2008, 11:17 AM
I found that to be pretty interesting, considering as how so many people in these forums kept making such a big deal out of the fact that Thompson had re-signed KGB not that long ago...... So, was Thompson a genius for re-signing KGB, or is he now a genius for cutting KGB??? Which is it? I am so confused. :roll:

Uhhhhhh.....

wow, they still let you post here? :roll:

PackerTimer
11-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Prior to the start of the season, I predicted that the Packers would only win 4 games all season. Here we are at the half-way point, and the Packers already have 4 wins. Yep, I may have been wrong. :whist:

Before the game against the Titans, I read in the paper that Thompson cut KGB. I found that to be pretty interesting, considering as how so many people in these forums kept making such a big deal out of the fact that Thompson had re-signed KGB not that long ago...... So, was Thompson a genius for re-signing KGB, or is he now a genius for cutting KGB??? Which is it? I am so confused. :roll:

I guess the team did have to make room for Harrell though....... How did he do anyway? (I was watching Brett Favre and the Jets win their game :oops: and missed any plays that Harrell may have made.)

Harrell actually look ok for his first game back and he didn't get hurt.

It was nice while you were gone. Here's to your next three month absence.

Patler
11-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Thompson re-signed KGB???
News to me as well.
I wonder when that happened?
Can you enlighten us?

MadtownPacker
11-03-2008, 11:20 AM
wow, they still let you post here? :roll:Of course you wouldn't know since you have been in the witness protction program for the past 2 months. :lol:

At this point I think you can change it to "I WAS wrong" because I get the feeling a 5th win is inevitable.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 11:21 AM
by "resign KGB", I think PackerBlues meant keep him on the roster after his inability to perform in training camp.

PackerBlues
11-03-2008, 11:21 AM

Is that how we set the bar for Thompson's 1'st round picks these days?

Well, he didn't do much, but at least he didn't get hurt. ROFLMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zool
11-03-2008, 11:22 AM

Well, he didn't do much, but at least he didn't get hurt. ROFLMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deflect man...DEFLECT!

HarveyWallbangers
11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
by "resign KGB", I think PackerBlues meant keep him on the roster after his inability to perform in training camp.

Contrarian

PackerBlues
11-03-2008, 11:23 AM

yeah, what he said. (thanks Harlan :) )

AV David
11-03-2008, 11:24 AM
KGB was signed by Mike Sherman after MS screwed up his tender for his RFA after 3 years of service.

MS put the lowest tender on KGB for the 4th year. All that allowed was for the Packers to match a contract offer. There was little or no draft choice compensation. (I can't remember but he was a 5th round pick in any event. He was cut the first year and then resigned later.)

He was thus the subject of a lot of suitors because:
1. He was a legitimate edge pass rusher coming off a very good year.
2. He came with little or no draft choice compensation.

MS had to sign him to a huge deal or lose him. He had to sign him because, at the time, the Packers were fairly legitimate contenders. His deal was considered border line outrageous at the time.

Good guy. Bad deal for Packers. Great deal for KGB. At least he tried to keep earning his salary. That is more than C Hunt tried to do.

PackerTimer
11-03-2008, 11:25 AM

I'm glad you got a kick out of it. It was a joke after all. But no that isn't how I judge the success of a draft pick. I usually let them play a few years before I say if they were a bust or not. Usually a year and a half isn't enough. But let's face it, for JH, staying healthy for the rest of the year is absolutely necessary.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2008, 11:26 AM

Contrarian

except i was contrarian to PB, so I can't be contrarian to the people who are contrarian to PB.

(that's actually what I thought he meant)

retailguy
11-03-2008, 11:29 AM

Contrarian

except i was contrarian to PB, so I can't be contrarian to the people who are contrarian to PB.

(that's actually what I thought he meant)

Err... Who's on first?

PackerBlues
11-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm glad you got a kick out of it. It was a joke after all. But no that isn't how I judge the success of a draft pick. I usually let them play a few years before I say if they were a bust or not. Usually a year and a half isn't enough. But let's face it, for JH, staying healthy for the rest of the year is absolutely necessary.

Yeah, it is a joke! The guy was the 16'th overall pick in the first round of the 2007 draft. We are now midway through the 2008 season. Usually a year and a half is not enough? What, enough to be a starter? Enough to play on a regular basis?

mraynrand
11-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Good guy. Bad deal for Packers. Great deal for KGB. At least he tried to keep earning his salary. That is more than C Hunt tried to do.

C'Mon, now! 'Ole Cleedeeus worked his butt off til you rode him out of town!

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Cleedeeusinuhaultruck.jpg

arcilite
11-03-2008, 12:00 PM
So let me get this straight, the Packers and Jets are playing at the same time and you would rather watch the Jets?

Are you even a packer fan?

Pacopete4
11-03-2008, 12:02 PM
So let me get this straight, the Packers and Jets are playing at the same time and you would rather watch the Jets?

is it ok to do both? haha

I had two tvs on for the vikes and packer game and then my computer had the jets on it

SkinBasket
11-03-2008, 12:24 PM

Uhhhhhh.....

wow, they still let you post here? :roll:

Yeah, "they" do. I just can't believe you came back dumber than when you left. If you make some big huffy post like this, you might want to make sure you're not totally and completely wrong about the basis of your post. Then again, I think you summed yourself up nicely by stating, "I am so confused."

Welcome back dufous.

PackerBlues
11-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Of course you wouldn't know since you have been in the witness protction program for the past 2 months. :lol:

At this point I think you can change it to "I WAS wrong" because I get the feeling a 5th win is inevitable.

Gee Mad, that is one hell of a bold prediction on your part. :roll: :lol:

By the way, its not that I have been in hiding, I have been checking in now and then and reading others posts. Seems like a lot of people have been "eating crow" in these forums over the last few weeks. I'm not one of em, but I did change the title of the post 4 ya. :twisted:

channtheman
11-03-2008, 03:36 PM

Yeah, it is a joke! The guy was the 16'th overall pick in the first round of the 2007 draft. We are now midway through the 2008 season. Usually a year and a half is not enough? What, enough to be a starter? Enough to play on a regular basis?

Maybe not enough to completely judge if they are a bust or not? Especially since Harrel hasn't played much at all so far. How about we wait till the end of next year before we call him a bust?

oregonpackfan
11-03-2008, 04:01 PM

I had the same question.

Deputy Nutz
11-03-2008, 08:15 PM
KGB was signed by Mike Sherman after MS screwed up his tender for his RFA after 3 years of service.

MS put the lowest tender on KGB for the 4th year. All that allowed was for the Packers to match a contract offer. There was little or no draft choice compensation. (I can't remember but he was a 5th round pick in any event. He was cut the first year and then resigned later.)

He was thus the subject of a lot of suitors because:
1. He was a legitimate edge pass rusher coming off a very good year.
2. He came with little or no draft choice compensation.

MS had to sign him to a huge deal or lose him. He had to sign him because, at the time, the Packers were fairly legitimate contenders. His deal was considered border line outrageous at the time.

Actually Sherman failed to put the maximum tender on him, he only put a 1st and a 3rd tender on him, not the two first round tenders on him.

MJZiggy
11-03-2008, 08:23 PM

I had the same question.

I think the answer you're looking for would be, No.

MOBB DEEP
11-05-2008, 10:29 AM

I had the same question.

not fair; i watched more of the jets game but b/c it was an important division game but will smack anyone who says im not a pack fan (what with all the stress i had for 15 years cheering for them)

dont pigeon hole

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Actually Sherman failed to put the maximum tender on him

but he liked him a lot. Coach had his favorites, not surprising that he was driven out of town suddenly under suspicious circumstances.

Zool
11-05-2008, 11:17 AM

I had the same question.

not fair; i watched more of the jets game but b/c it was an important division game but will smack anyone who says im not a pack fan (what with all the stress i had for 15 years cheering for them)

dont pigeon hole

Every Packer game is more important than any other game on TV. I don't care if Vince was resurrected and coaching the Giants.

Bossman641
11-05-2008, 11:46 AM

I had the same question.

dont pigeon hole

The fact that you were more interested in watching a division game for the Jets than watch the Packers take on the lone undefeated team in the NFL says it all.

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Go, and never darken my towels again.

Patler
11-05-2008, 02:43 PM

I had the same question.

dont pigeon hole

The fact that you were more interested in watching a division game for the Jets than watch the Packers take on the lone undefeated team in the NFL says it all.

As Wayne Larivee said in an interview several weeks ago, there are a lot of people who thought they were Green Bay Packer fans who should now realize that they are really Brett Favre fans. Nothing wrong with that, but they should realize it.

:)

sharpe1027
11-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Actually Sherman failed to put the maximum tender on him, he only put a 1st and a 3rd tender on him, not the two first round tenders on him.

Exactly, if Sherman was willing to pay as much as he did, there was no reason not to offer the max tender. One of Sherman's biggest errors, almost as bad as drafting a crappy punter on the first day.

falco
11-06-2008, 03:21 PM
As Wayne Larivee said in an interview several weeks ago, there are a lot of people who thought they were Green Bay Packer fans who should now realize that they are really Brett Favre fans. Nothing wrong with that, but they should realize it.

:)

agreed - there are several on this board who I believe fit the bill, but many are in denial - maybe even to themselves

mobb though, he knows he's a BF fan first :lol:

AV David
11-06-2008, 04:23 PM
"Exactly, if Sherman was willing to pay as much as he did, there was no reason not to offer the max tender. One of Sherman's biggest errors, almost as bad as drafting a crappy punter on the first day."

The older I get the more I agree with this. I would have been OK with a Ray Guy or Reggie Roby (in his prime) type punter. But he was a CRAPPY punter!