PDA

View Full Version : Thought of the day (election day eve)

sheepshead
11-03-2008, 01:54 PM
A quote from one of my favorite registered republicans:

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Think about it.

packinpatland
11-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I am.
Personally, I've always measured a man(or woman) not by color, but on character.

HowardRoark
11-03-2008, 02:14 PM
I am.
Personally, I've always measured a man(or woman) not by color, but on character.

Good. I am glad you will then be voting for McCain.

packinpatland
11-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Actually...........I was thinking of his 'character'... when he slept around with women and left his wife........and later married one of those women.

mraynrand
11-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Actually...........I was thinking of his 'character'... when he slept around with women and left his wife........and later married one of those women.

So you're basing your vote on marital fidelity. Have you always done so?

packinpatland
11-03-2008, 02:27 PM
I think it says alot about the man (or woman). And I didn't vote for Clinton.....either time.

mraynrand
11-03-2008, 02:35 PM
I think it says alot about the man (or woman). And I didn't vote for Clinton.....either time.

So are you basing your vote on fidelity?

sheepshead
11-03-2008, 02:36 PM

Judges laying blame in divorce cases effectively ended decades ago. There's always 2 sides to those stories. With a few exceptions its a 50-50 deal with lawyers making all the money. McCain getting divorced and remarried, no matter what we hear about it, is pretty far down the list in how this guy has lived his life and served his country.

packinpatland
11-03-2008, 02:41 PM

I'm not basing my vote on fidelity or the lack of. But I would be inclined to lean toward someone who takes a vow seriously.

mraynrand
11-03-2008, 02:47 PM

I'm not basing my vote on fidelity or the lack of. But I would be inclined to lean toward someone who takes a vow seriously.

like vowing to use public election funding?

HowardRoark
11-03-2008, 02:48 PM

"I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

sheepshead
11-04-2008, 08:14 AM
and for today--above all get out and VOTE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LZNc_TP_o&eurl=http://ace.mu.nu/

Zool
11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Gene McCain says vote for Dr Love.

http://lolatmccain.com/images/c7b6d6adf804411159af5e0990d86abaaff940ae.gif

packinpatland
11-04-2008, 08:47 AM
I just returned from voting. Only 55 min. wait.
With the voting turnout all across America, the excitement, the interest from folks who for years have said they didn't care........this really is an historic day.
I'd like to echo Michelle Obama's words........I'm more proud of the USA today, than I have been in awhile.

I heard Tom Brokaw say this morning......this election may well put an end to apathy........let's hope so.

falco
11-04-2008, 08:55 AM
thank god after today all the bickering on this board will be over

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pacfan
11-04-2008, 08:59 AM
thank god after today all the bickering on this board will be over

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

amen

hoosier
11-04-2008, 09:00 AM

You voted for Dole? Perot? :shock:

SkinBasket
11-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Saw a sign out on a lawn this morning. "STOP KILLING OUR TROOPS" Under that it said "Vote Pro Life." The crazies are out today.

mraynrand
11-04-2008, 09:29 AM
my precinct was less crowded than the midterms, and I voted at the same time of day - no wait. The line in 2004 was 80 people deep and I waited 20 minutes. McCain was listed fifth on the ballot after Obama, the constitution party, an independent and Bob Barr.

falco
11-04-2008, 10:52 AM
my precinct was less crowded than the midterms, and I voted at the same time of day - no wait. The line in 2004 was 80 people deep and I waited 20 minutes. McCain was listed fifth on the ballot after Obama, the constitution party, an independent and Bob Barr.

OH NO! people won't even be able to vote for him now! :lol:

good thing all the lazy people vote democratic, otherwise they'd give up before they got to mccain - right partial

sheepshead
11-04-2008, 11:32 AM
2 people in front of me, i was in and out in minutes. lots of looks at my John McCain shirt, but i live in a pretty red county.

Bossman641
11-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I had about a 40 min wait this morning before work. Could have been worse.

Freak Out
11-04-2008, 01:12 PM
We are all Americans. Well...not Tarlam.

sheepshead
11-04-2008, 03:19 PM
With the voting turnout all across America, the excitement, the interest from folks who for years have said they didn't care........this really is an historic day.
I'd like to echo Michelle Obama's words........I'm more proud of the USA today, than I have been in awhile.

I heard Tom Brokaw say this morning......this election may well put an end to apathy........let's hope so.

You sure you dont want to take the Michelle ODrama quote back?

That one's a little harsh.

HarveyWallbangers
11-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Voter turnout bottomed out in 1996 (when Clinton was re-elected), and it went up considerably each of the last two elections. Voter turnout in the last election was its highest since 1968, so I'm not sure I understand the voter apathy angle.

MJZiggy
11-04-2008, 06:10 PM
I went after work and let my kid go to a friend's house so he wouldn't have to wait in line with me. Then I went to the polls and was the only one besides the election workers and a guy already at a machine. It took less than 5 minutes. Now the line at Ben & Jerrys...

packinpatland
11-04-2008, 06:16 PM

You sure you dont want to take the Michelle ODrama quote back?

That one's a little harsh.

Even Laura Bush defended her and said she probably meant to say 'more proud'.
No, I don't want to take it back.

oregonpackfan
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
In Oregon, we have had vote by mail for 10 years now.

The local news, however, showed lines of people lined up at polling places. They were not there to drop off their ballots. They were there to clear up change of address issues, etc. and get their ballots printed out for them to vote.

These voters literally had weeks to take care of these logistical issues but waited until election day to take care of it! Yes, the procrastinators came out in full force. :roll:

MJZiggy
11-04-2008, 08:36 PM
The election will be decided long before they ever make it to the polls anyway...