PDA

View Full Version : KGB to Vikes?

KYPack
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I could have posted this in the Allen thread, but:

1. It's election day and it's slow in here.
2. This is more Packer oriented so here goes.

All the thread cops relax and read, it's only a blurb in PFT, but ...

"Meanwhile, there are rumblings that the Vikings are talking to defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, who was released by the team on Saturday. Given that the Vikings and the Packers play on Sunday, it would make plenty of sense for the Vikes to make a move on him now."

Doubt it happens, I don't know if KGB is worth the effort and roster cut, but it would make sense if Allen can't play for 3-4 weeks.

mngolf19
11-04-2008, 09:39 AM
I could have posted this in the Allen thread, but:

1. It's election day and it's slow in here.
2. This is more Packer oriented so here goes.

All the thread cops relax and read, it's only a blurb in PFT, but ...

"Meanwhile, there are rumblings that the Vikings are talking to defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, who was released by the team on Saturday. Given that the Vikings and the Packers play on Sunday, it would make plenty of sense for the Vikes to make a move on him now."

Doubt it happens, I don't know if KGB is worth the effort and roster cut, but it would make sense if Allen can't play for 3-4 weeks.

If they decide Allen is out, maybe. You tell me is KGB worth anything?

Zool
11-04-2008, 09:39 AM
But this could be one of those situations where you sign a guy for a week when you play his former team.

gbgary
11-04-2008, 09:47 AM
But this could be one of those situations where you sign a guy for a week when you play his former team.

hopefully he doesn't need the money.

MadScientist
11-04-2008, 09:52 AM
If they decide Allen is out, maybe. You tell me is KGB worth anything?
About 2 offside penalties a game.

He's lost a step so he isn't beating them off the edge, and he's never had the size to be a power rusher. If his knee gets better he might get his step back, but I wouldn't bet on it for this year.

hoosier
11-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Somehow I can't quite imagine KGB signing with the Packers biggest rival (second biggest rival?) for a week and giving the Vikings an inside view of the Pack's defense. Judging from what he said when he left, I'm betting that he feels too much loyalty to the team and fans to do that.

Cheesehead Craig
11-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Allen is going to play this coming Sunday. Apparently he played the whole game with his bum arm and still got a sack. Given his Hovan-esque hatred of our QB I would be absolutely shocked if he didn't play.

Harlan Huckleby
11-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Given that the Vikings and the Packers play on Sunday, it would make plenty of sense for the Vikes to make a move on him now.

The Vikings can make a move, but can KGB?

I could be wrong, but all signs point to KGB being washed up. Maybe some team will give him a chance becaue rush end is such a premium positon, but I bet his only chance is to more completely rehab from his injury. And his arthritic knee might not respond anyway.

Harlan Huckleby
11-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Somehow I can't quite imagine KGB signing with the Packers biggest rival (second biggest rival?) for a week and giving the Vikings an inside view of the Pack's defense.

Brad Childress is a religous man like KGB. Maybe they will have a little chat on the phone about God, ministry. Of course, you never know what directions a social call can take.

KYPack
11-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Somehow I can't quite imagine KGB signing with the Packers biggest rival (second biggest rival?) for a week and giving the Vikings an inside view of the Pack's defense.

Brad Childress is a religous man like KGB. Maybe they will have a little chat on the phone about God, ministry. Of course, you never know what directions a social call can take.

I think those kinds of calls are supposed to start with a hunting invitation, then a hunting discussion, then an in-depth analysis of your former teams' game planning strategies.

Chilly is a bible beater?

Didn't know that or give a shit, for that matter.

Guiness
11-04-2008, 10:55 AM
I would also tend to think KGB couldn't be bothered to go there for what he knows will be a one, max two week stint.

He already got paid this year, so he's ok that way. By his comments, he's not angry with the team, so there's no revenge factor in going to the Vikes.

Unless he has an incredibly burning desire to play, I don't think we'll see him there.

sheepshead
11-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Minnesota has become the packer trash heap that's for sure.

mraynrand
11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I hope KGB doesn't call up the Vikes and give away all our secrets.

sheepshead
11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
I hope KGB doesn't call up the Vikes and give away all our secrets.

Only if it's on Bob Harlans cell phone plan!

The Gunshooter
11-04-2008, 11:44 AM

I think those kinds of calls are supposed to start with a hunting invitation, then a hunting discussion, then an in-depth analysis of your former teams' game planning strategies.

Chilly is a bible beater?

Didn't know that or give a shit, for that matter.

Bowhunting? Canoes? Banjos?

Jimx29
11-04-2008, 11:57 AM

Brad Childress is a religous man like KGB. Maybe they will have a little chat on the phone about God, ministry. Of course, you never know what directions a social call can take.But god is really busy today with McCain and Obama. Not real sure how he's going to make both peoples prayers come true though...

]{ilr]3
11-04-2008, 12:18 PM
How does the waiver wire work?

Doesnt KGB have until next monday to pass through waivers

I thought that if anyone picks him up in that time they had to pick up his current salary?

Rastak
11-04-2008, 12:20 PM
{ilr]3]How does the waiver wire work?

Doesnt KGB have until next monday to pass through waivers

I thought that if anyone picks him up in that time they had to pick up his current salary?

Because of his years in the league I think he's an immediate free agent.

HarveyWallbangers
11-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Because of his years in the league I think he's an immediate free agent.

I'm pretty sure he had to pass through waivers, but my understanding is that it only ran through yesterday. I doubt anybody claimed him at his salary.