PDA

View Full Version : Its official, Obama is the Pres.

Charles Woodson
11-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Congrats, i didnt care which canidate won, just as long as whichever one did brought our nation back to the top

GoPackGo
11-04-2008, 10:08 PM
I didn't vote for him, but I am excited to see what he can do.

Kiwon
11-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Yea, yipeee! I'm just thrilled wondering how much DAMAGE he and his morally bankrupt party will do.

HarveyWallbangers
11-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Here's hoping he surprises me and runs the country as a centrist (ala Bill Clinton) and not the big government liberal he's sounded like on the campaign trail. Otherwise, here's hoping we throw the bum out in 4 years.

GrnBay007
11-04-2008, 10:29 PM
I didn't vote for him, but I am excited to see what he can do.

Nice GoPack!

digitaldean
11-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Though I don't agree with a lot of his policies, I congratulate Pres.-elect Obama. He ran a better grass-roots organization and got more people energized. It is historic that an African-American has finally become POTUS.

Though this may be an ideological shift our country may eventually regret, we do have to come together as a nation. This election has been fairly divisive. The vitriol on both sides was detestable. If the mantra of change is to be believed, then Obama will need to change from his partisan voting record. He can not placate the MoveOn.org wing of the Democrat party.

I will stand by him as the Commander in Chief and will support him. That being said, if he tries to enact legislation that goes against my moral beliefs (abortion, etc.), then I will fight him tooth and nail. It will be a respectful opposition, but it will be opposition when needed.

Though the results are not what I had hoped for, one bright spot is the enthusiasm and re-involvement of huge segments of our country to the voting process. Voter apathy was definitely not present this election.

Congrats, to Ty, PIP, Gex, Joe Mailman and the others who supported Obama. The country has spoken and its time to move on. The Dems have what they wanted regarding control of Washington. Now they have to do one thing ....LEAD.

:flag: :flag:

Bretsky
11-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Here's hoping he surprises me and runs the country as a centrist (ala Bill Clinton) and not the big government liberal he's sounded like on the campaign trail. Otherwise, here's hoping we throw the bum out in 4 years.

DITTO

3irty1
11-04-2008, 11:07 PM
I didn't vote for him but it is exciting.

packers11
11-04-2008, 11:15 PM
hes gotta lose these corny lines...

red
11-04-2008, 11:17 PM
that was one hell of a speech

MJZiggy
11-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Class post DD.

:five: :bclap:

GrnBay007
11-04-2008, 11:25 PM

I enjoyed it.

Did you notice the music playing at the end? It was from Remember The Titans movie. I thought that was pretty cool.

MOBB DEEP
11-04-2008, 11:30 PM

I enjoyed it.

Did you notice the music playing at the end? It was from Remember The Titans movie. I thought that was pretty cool.

right

MOBB DEEP
11-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Voter apathy was definitely not present this election.

i'd say; he got 96% of the black vote..my peeps in da hood FINALLY made MLK proud... in this regard

POWER TO THE PEOPLE..!

FREE HUEY

bobblehead
11-04-2008, 11:43 PM

DITTO

Actually clinton ran as a hard leftwingwer for 2 years til Newt took away his majority and fought him tooth and nail, crying and screaming to the center.

I hope Obama does good things, but he is for more socialized gov't and I oppose that....whether it is him, or bush doing it.

Kiwon
11-05-2008, 02:27 AM

I enjoyed it.

It was a good speech, but........ how can anyone really take his lofty rhetoric seriously given the very ugly, dirty tricks campaign he ran?

Never has a politician told more flat out lies than Obama did backed by willing accomplices in the media that served as campaign surrogates by portraying him in the best possible light while simultaneously savaging any detractors.

It really was disgusting to watch.

The sports adage is, "It's not whether you win or lose. It's how you play the game."

I could respect the achievement of the first minority president more if Obama had conducted an ethical and straightforward campaign. He didn't and it's hard frankly to believe anything he says.

The tone of his acceptance speech was great, even inspiring, but where was that tone throughout the two years of his campaign? One speech doesn’t erase all the very nasty things done in his name. Did he have what it took to beat McCain and the Republicans on ideas alone? We will never know because he chose to take a very different track.

Barry Bonds may well be baseball’s all-time home run king but it’s a tarnished record and we all know why. Obama’s name as well is now in the record books but there is definitely an asterisk next to it. He did not earn this victory fair and square.

Tarlam!
11-05-2008, 04:56 AM
Well Kiwon, I guess we'll mark you down as a "no we can't", huh?

Personally, that speech inspired the hell out of me. I wish we had him as our leader. A guy like that could unite Europe.

I will be waiting to see what kind of cabinet he assembles.

Would it be possible/thinkable/feasable for him to keep Condie Rice on? I think together, they'd make a great 1-2 punch.

MJZiggy
11-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Interesting question, Tar. The news said last night that he had many of his cabinet positions already chosen and that they were doing a serious housecleaning, but here's hoping he keeps on people like Condi.

Presidential politics has never been tidy and last night a historian went over the dirty campaigns of the past and this one pales against the candidate that called his opponent a "howling hermaphrodite."

Kiwon. the election is done. It's over. It was bitter on both sides, but McCain himself told his crowd last time that it was time to unify and get behind our new leadership.

Badgerinmaine
11-05-2008, 07:01 AM
but McCain himself told his crowd last time that it was time to unify and get behind our new leadership.

As an Obama supporter, I want to compliment John McCain on what had to be a very painful concession speech to give, but one that was gracious and unifying. I continue to hold him in very high regard, and I offer my respect and my hand across the aisle for a hard fought race. :flag:

HowardRoark
11-05-2008, 07:11 AM
The news said last night that he had many of his cabinet positions already chosen and that they were doing a serious housecleaning.

Everyone does a "serious houscleaning," this is nothing new. Why else would we have elections?

Kiwon
11-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Kiwon. the election is done. It's over. It was bitter on both sides, but McCain himself told his crowd last time that it was time to unify and get behind our new leadership.

THANK GOD the election is over.

Economic crisis? - Obama spent what, over $650 million?

Man-made global warming crisis? - 2 true believers have been destroying the planet for a couple of years now flying all over the country.

The new leadership I get behind is new conservative leadership. McCain is a RINO (Republican In Name Only) at best and an appeaser at worse. The turnout figures are LESS THAN in 2004 which makes it clear that many conservatives simply could not bring themselves to vote for McCain.

McCain almost lost my vote with his support for the stupid bailout plan. All the BS about government pork and the jerk votes for a $800 billion bill filled with wasteful spending. Yeah, the great reformer.

Conservatives and Republicans made the mess they're in and now they have to deal with it. They deserve what they got. Let them continue to get their tails whipped until they return to their ideological roots.

My prediction, after the warm fuzzies wear off, reality will set in. The last two years under Democratic leadership have been a disaster. Lowest approval ratings of any Congress in history. Far lower even than a weak, lameduck president. Obama, who has no executive experience and a very questionable character, will be a rubber stamp President for his Democratic Congress and will quickly lose control. The old guard will have their way with him.

6 months from today, if yesterday's election were held again, he would lose.

He's not ready for the job and it will become painfully obvious fairly soon. It's just that simple.

packinpatland
11-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Though I don't agree with a lot of his policies, I congratulate Pres.-elect Obama. He ran a better grass-roots organization and got more people energized. It is historic that an African-American has finally become POTUS.

Though this may be an ideological shift our country may eventually regret, we do have to come together as a nation. This election has been fairly divisive. The vitriol on both sides was detestable. If the mantra of change is to be believed, then Obama will need to change from his partisan voting record. He can not placate the MoveOn.org wing of the Democrat party.

I will stand by him as the Commander in Chief and will support him. That being said, if he tries to enact legislation that goes against my moral beliefs (abortion, etc.), then I will fight him tooth and nail. It will be a respectful opposition, but it will be opposition when needed.

Though the results are not what I had hoped for, one bright spot is the enthusiasm and re-involvement of huge segments of our country to the voting process. Voter apathy was definitely not present this election.

Congrats, to Ty, PIP, Gex, Joe Mailman and the others who supported Obama. The country has spoken and its time to move on. The Dems have what they wanted regarding control of Washington. Now they have to do one thing ....LEAD.

:flag: :flag:

Excellent post. We now move forward.

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Can we move forward on the Brett Favre issue? Aaron Rodgers is now Packers president. Can we now move on?

gex
11-05-2008, 04:18 PM

Man-made global warming crisis? - 2 true believers have been destroying the planet for a couple of years now flying all over the country.

The new leadership I get behind is new conservative leadership. McCain is a RINO (Republican In Name Only) at best and an appeaser at worse. The turnout figures are LESS THAN in 2004 which makes it clear that many conservatives simply could not bring themselves to vote for McCain.

McCain almost lost my vote with his support for the stupid bailout plan. All the BS about government pork and the jerk votes for a $800 billion bill filled with wasteful spending. Yeah, the great reformer.

Conservatives and Republicans made the mess they're in and now they have to deal with it. They deserve what they got. Let them continue to get their tails whipped until they return to their ideological roots.

My prediction, after the warm fuzzies wear off, reality will set in. The last two years under Democratic leadership have been a disaster. Lowest approval ratings of any Congress in history. Far lower even than a weak, lameduck president. Obama, who has no executive experience and a very questionable character, will be a rubber stamp President for his Democratic Congress and will quickly lose control. The old guard will have their way with him.

He's not ready for the job and it will become painfully obvious fairly soon. It's just that simple.

How unpatriotic and anti-american are you. Get behind the new leader of the free world and show your support for this great nation. 8-)

sooner6600
11-05-2008, 04:27 PM
gex;

how robust you are concerning patriotism.
your kind are never patriotic and for the most part very anti-american.

falco
11-05-2008, 04:28 PM
gex;

yep, american haters the bunch of them
:roll:

SkinBasket
11-05-2008, 04:39 PM
gex;

I think by "your kind" he meant lonely forum trolling emos. Emos love feeling important.

falco
11-05-2008, 04:45 PM
gex;

I think by "your kind" he meant lonely forum trolling emos. Emos love feeling important.

point taken

although shouldn't emos be judged on their lameness and not their patriotism? just my opinion

HowardRoark
11-05-2008, 05:51 PM

I think the Russians are going to be the "testers" that Biden talked about.....I think they have already started.

Kiwon
11-05-2008, 08:13 PM

I think the Russians are going to be the "testers" that Biden talked about.....I think they have already started.

Hamas launched 30 rockets into Israel yesterday. Timing coincidence? Hardly.

Al-Qaeda will issue their own welcome broadcast soon enough.

Russia, Iran, NK, Chavez in Venezuela....these guys know a lightweight when they see one. That's why they publicly favored Obama.

Vladimir Putin already chose Biden as Obama's VP for him when he invaded Georgia. Biden (with his 7,000 votes in the primary and foreign affairs "expertise") was a reactionary pick. Another sign that Obama is more fluff than substance.

Obama is vain and poll-driven. How many times did he vote "present" in the Ill. State senate? Indecisive and weak. That's the way they see him.

MJZiggy
11-05-2008, 08:20 PM

When did I mention an economic crisis when I was mentioning McCain's request for unity. You talk a lot about what this country needs (without actually living here), but what this nation really needs is is to come together and to stop spewing divisiveness. Both men expressed that need clearly last night.

Kiwon
11-05-2008, 08:56 PM

When did I mention an economic crisis when I was mentioning McCain's request for unity. You talk a lot about what this country needs (without actually living here), but what this nation really needs is is to come together and to stop spewing divisiveness. Both men expressed that need clearly last night.

I pay taxes there, sweetie. I'm on the hook for every poor financial decision they make.

I don't care what either one of them said. America is still a center-right, capitalist country. If you think it's gonna go leftist-socialist without a fuss is being naive.

MJZiggy
11-05-2008, 09:11 PM
349-163 says you might want to rethink that idea. The idea that they are happy with the status quo and don't want change looks more naive to me. It's likely to be governed more center than you expect, but don't kid yourself--Obama won a landslide last night. I looked at some of the counties he won last night and he killed in some places in Michigan which I didn't expect, and had very strong victories in several Republican strongholds in Florida. There are blue dots in unexpected places all over that map.

(and as an unrelated sidenote--after the results were in a statement was released from one Mr. Ayers saying that he barely knows Obama and was no more important to him than thousands of other people, but like so many others wishes he had the opportunity to know him better.)

Partial
11-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Why should everyone have a warm fuzzy for Obama and be all patriotic after listening to him slam conservatives, mccain, and bush for the past oh I don't know, 2-3 years?!?

Seriously..

BallHawk
11-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Why should everyone have a warm fuzzy for Obama and be all patriotic after listening to him slam conservatives, mccain, and bush for the past oh I don't know, 2-3 years?!?

Seriously..

Yeah, I hate it when politicians are mean to each other. I prefer the politicians that compliment on how great their opponents' ideas are and why their respective party is what America needs.

MJZiggy
11-05-2008, 09:25 PM

Seriously..

Seriously. Somehow I came away from this election after hearing the ads and watching the debates knowing what Obama intended to do for this country. After the same period of time I came away knowing that McCain was a politician a lot longer than Obama, who Obama went to meetings with, what McCain thought was wrong with what Obama intended to do, etc., etc., etc. I still am not sure what McCain ever intended to DO if he got elected.

Don't use that as an excuse because the reason Obama got so much attention is because McCain gave it to him. I asked over a week ago for anyone to post a link to a McCain ad that didn't slam Obama for something and not one was posted. You think I'm wrong? Find me one McCain ad that has to do with McCain and not Obama.

Zool
11-05-2008, 11:39 PM

Seriously..

Good thing you dont identify as conservative.

SkinBasket
11-06-2008, 06:07 AM
(and as an unrelated sidenote--after the results were in a statement was released from one Mr. Ayers saying that he barely knows Obama and was no more important to him than thousands of other people, but like so many others wishes he had the opportunity to know him better.)

Then it must be true. This erases all the concerns people had about the two of them. Whew.

MJZiggy
11-06-2008, 06:16 AM
What possible reason does he have to lie about it AFTER the returns are in?

I got to a lot of meetings with people I don't know personally. I'd like to believe these are all fine folk, but what do I really know or care about what they did when I was 8 years old? Here's the real kicker--some of them are *gasp* Muslim!! I guess that means that I'm all for radical Palestinian organizations (just please don't tell the Jewish people who are in those same meetings. Wait. Right. That means the Jewish people support the radicals too!!! I'm sure they sit around asking for their 40-year-old political views)

SkinBasket
11-06-2008, 06:33 AM
What possible reason does he have to lie about it AFTER the returns are in?

Oh I don't know... maybe because Obama is going to be our president... despite his affiliation with domestic and foreign terrorists. I would expect the true scrubbing down of his past has already started in earnest. It simply won't do to have a leader in the White House who not only has starving relatives all over the globe, but also has ties one of the strangest and varied collection of hate-filled people we've ever seen. You got America haters, white haters, Jew slayers, and wannabe soldier killers. And those are just the ones we know about.

Like it or not, Obama needs a lot of scrubbing down to go through. The USS Obamarama's meteoric rise came with a high propensity for barnacle collection. I assume that happens to anyone who's willing to do and say anything in the name of hope and change.

MJZiggy
11-06-2008, 06:37 AM
You're right. He IS our president.

SkinBasket
11-06-2008, 06:42 AM
You're right. He IS our president.

Whoa there. Come out of your Obamania revere for a moment. He's not our president yet.

Of course that he will be is that's all that matters... for some people. Some of us still have concerns about everything I mentioned and that you ignored.

mraynrand
11-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I got to a lot of meetings with people I don't know personally. I'd like to believe these are all fine folk, but what do I really know or care about what they did when I was 8 years old?

You learn your talking points well. You will be a good shill for the administration. I hope you are comfortable in a leash. It is nice to think that someone is in a charge and is making all the right decisions, and all you need do is applaud and repeat their slogans, but after a while, the collar begins to chafe.