huh?

BlueBrewer
06-28-2006, 08:37 AM
huh?
I tried to edit it and it did not work.

MadtownPacker
06-28-2006, 09:05 AM
huh?
I tried to edit it and it did not work.The title is too long. Is the change to it cool?

Partial
06-28-2006, 09:11 AM
I guess his Hammie is doing better and he lost a significant amount of weight. That team really laid the ground work for a solid offense this year in the draft. I don't know that he's been in practice yet as I haven't read much on it lately, but I know he was down to around 230, so thats about 17 pounds down from his pro day weight.

BlueBrewer
06-28-2006, 09:31 AM
huh?
I tried to edit it and it did not work.The title is too long. Is the change to it cool?
cool Mad cool.

woodbuck27
06-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Thursday, June 29, 2006

LenDale White is back with bite

LenDale White might have lost his chip but not his drive to prove so many in the NFL wrong. He's ready to bite back at those who barked against him in the league's draft.

JEFF MILLER
Register columnist
jmiller@ocregister.com

CARLSBAD – You expected something poisonous to spill from his mouth. Instead, something precious did.

LenDale White smiled and, for just a moment, it looked like he hadn't brushed his teeth in a while. At least not since he ate that tiara.

The former USC record-setting runner isn't a vegetarian, but these days he has a mouthful of karats.

"Worth probably $26,000," White said.

"Don't worry, I didn't spend that much. USC taught me a few things."

With the issues the Trojans have had lately with extra benefits, perhaps it's best to just quickly move on from this comment. Pete Carroll certainly would prefer that.

Made of diamonds and gold they are, the removable bridges - both upper and lower - that White now wears on occasion. Covering most of his visible smile, they are less dental work than mental quirk, a symbol that gives White a certain psychological boost.

They are crowns, in the absolute truest sense.

The last time you saw White he wasn't being drafted. He was just sitting there, blankly gazing into ESPN's cameras as 44 players, including four at his position, were selected in the NFL's muscle and meat auction.

Finally, at No.45 overall, Tennessee pulled the plug on the hot seat, allowing White's buns to cool while his core temperature continued to spike. Immediately after the draft in April, White announced he was shouldering "a 31-team chip."

But this week, at the NFL's annual rookie symposium here, it sounded like he had found a 31-gallon tub of cool ranch dip.

"I don't know if it's a chip or not, but I do feel anxious," White said.

"These guys put their necks out there for me, and now I have to come through for them. But it's not a question of 'if,' it's only 'when' and 'where.'"

He was out of shape, yes. He was hurt, certainly. He was overweight, indeed. But, White said, he was up only 4 pounds from the 239 that didn't stop him from rushing for 124 yards and three touchdowns in the Rose Bowl.

He is down to 235 today, he continued, and his formerly torn hamstring is less of a story with each passing workout. By the way, that report of a failed drug test in one local newspaper at draft time? Apparently as phony as cubic zirconia.

"All I can say is this," White explained, "the NFL is going to know about a failed drug test before the L.A. Daily News. And the NFL knows nothing about any supposedly failed test."

White was here with all the other draftees, this event designed to instruct about life in the spotlight. The temptations. The potential pitfalls. The fishbowl existence.

What's unclear is whether the draftees were here to learn or to teach. Receiver Santonio Holmes has been arrested twice since the Steelers took him in the first round. Ex-Trojan/future Bengal Frostee Rucker recently was charged with spousal battery and vandalism. Former UCLA running back Maurice Drew, soon to be a Jaguar, just had assault charges against him dropped.

Then there's Reggie Bush. This week, in no particular order, the Heisman Trophy-winning star was asked about being home in San Diego, an ongoing investigation that threatens the reputation of everything USC, the importance of giving back to kids and the status of various threatened lawsuits and counter-suits.

"I've already experienced about half the situations they're talking about here," Bush said, his sense of humor at least allowed to fully express itself. "I'd rather not address those other things today."

White, conversely, was open to talking about pretty much anything. He was a kid - in the NFL sense - but he carried himself with confidence among his fellow rookies.

Perhaps it was the Jesus Christ medallion around his neck. The giant one, the one only slightly smaller than the original Jesus Christ.

Before playing his first down of his first scrimmage game, White already is an All-Pro in the important category of style. He is a bling-bling king-king.

"I love football," he said. "I mean, I must, right? Come on, I'm going from Los Angeles to Nashville. If that doesn't show my commitment. ... Seriously, I love Tennessee and the team. Coach (Jeff) Fisher really welcomed me. That meant a lot.

"And I'm going back with Coach (Norm) Chow. He's somebody who knows what I've gone through to get to this point. There can't be any lies with him. He saw me every day there for a while. He must believe in me."

Soon enough, it will be just football again for White, who generally has succeeded under such conditions. Remember, this is a guy who scored a touchdown last season, then tossed a lateral to Snoop Dogg.

The NFL took a bite out of White's stature in April. He's ready to chomp back, icy incisors and all.

the_idle_threat
06-29-2006, 08:36 PM
I look forward to watching Hawk knock the bling right out of his mouth.

MJZiggy
06-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Should we be nominating LenDale for the thread on players who are responsible with the $$$?

SkinBasket
06-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Lendale is a fat, self-important fuck. Remember his ESPN "shot" when he got drafted? His first look was to the camera, then he tried to look all excited. Lendale="douchebag."

GoPackGo
07-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Lendale is a fat, self-important fuck. Remember his ESPN "shot" when he got drafted? His first look was to the camera, then he tried to look all excited. Lendale="douchebag."
yeah he comes off like he has some "character" issues