PDA

View Full Version : How the Election Changes You

SkinBasket
11-05-2008, 07:26 AM
How will this election change you and your life?

Let's hear the good and the bad. But not from Tarlam, because he doesn't count.

Good:
I'm going to take Partial out for dinner and learn how to be a bad tipper. I've always been a 20%+ tipper unless the service was bad. I'm thinking 12% now. I can't afford to have my wealth spread around and tip well.

Bad:
I'm going to have to stay at the table at the strip club. I can't afford to have my wealth spread around and tip well.

falco
11-05-2008, 07:28 AM
really when it comes to politics today its same shit different color

a democratic president with large majorities in both houses in scary - but it was also scary when the republicans had it earlier in the decade as well - it really is power unchecked

i firmly believe that's why we were so successful in the 90s - we had a good balance of power and both sides / both branches worked together to get shit done

until of course the impeachment thing

SkinBasket
11-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Good:
I don't have to listen to McCain say, "my friends" anymore.

Zool
11-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Good: I dont have to hear Palin and her "dontcha know" voice say Maverick anymore.

LL2
11-05-2008, 08:26 AM
It will not change my life much, but I may not get to listen to talk radio much longer once The Fraud brings back the Fairness Doctrine and starts censoring people. I agree with Skin on tipping. There is not need to be generous anymore since The Fraud will take care of spreading the wealth. I will also treat The Fraud with the same respect that the liberal left treated Bush, McCain, and Palin.

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 08:28 AM
I won't have to hear 'unrepentant terrorist' anymore. 'Mr. Secretary' just sounds better.

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Good: I dont have to hear Palin and her "dontcha know" voice say Maverick anymore.

Don't count on it.

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Good:

Don't count on it.

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2008, 08:35 AM
At least for about 3 years. She'll likely try to make a run at the Presidency but she'll get beat down by the other Republicans pretty quickly in the primaries. Then she'll just fade away from the collective memory of Americans.

SkinBasket
11-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Good:

Don't count on it.

It's just a terrible terrible turn of phrase and he always delivered it in the worst tone. More than any of his actual policies or positions, it made him come across as old, limp, and disingenuous IMO.

Bad:
Biden will have more opportunities to sound like an idiot in front of recording machines.

Good:
The media will refuse to report it.

HowardRoark
11-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Good:

Don't count on it.

It's just a terrible terrible turn of phrase and he always delivered it in the worst tone. More than any of his actual policies or positions, it made him come across as old, limp, and disingenuous IMO.

Bad:
Biden will have more opportunities to sound like an idiot in front of recording machines.

Good:
The media will refuse to report it.

Good:

Bad:
The media will refuse to report it

HowardRoark
11-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Because I am a simpleminded bourgeois technocrat of the capitalist war machine, I will have to re-stock my library with books that describe this new country in which I live. Also, I will buy a big box of crayons, the one with all the really cool colors.

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2008, 08:56 AM
It's embarrasing to this state that Al Franken, possibly the worst candidate I've ever seen, is taking Norm Coleman to a recount.

falco
11-05-2008, 09:06 AM
It's embarrasing to this state that Al Franken, possibly the worst candidate I've ever seen, is taking Norm Coleman to a recount.

Al Franken scares me.

Zool
11-05-2008, 09:10 AM

Al Franken scares me.

Does Franken rent a room in a basement somewhere?

MateoInMex
11-05-2008, 09:33 AM

Al Franken scares me.

He's good enough, he's smart enough, and God Damnit people like him.

MINNYSODA is progressive though. They opted for a Wrestler Governor who wore tights and died his hair pink, now they could have Stuart Smalley reppin' them in the Senate.

Just what do they put in the beer they serve at Chuck's Bait Shop?

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 09:34 AM

Al Franken scares me.

MINNYSODA is progressive though. They opted for a Wrestler Governor who wore tights and died his hair pink, now they could have Stuart Smalley reppin' them in the Senate.

Grain Belt

MateoInMex
11-05-2008, 09:39 AM

Al Franken scares me.

Grain Belt

Ah, I've never tried that stuff, but now I can understand why people in Minnesota vote the way they do.

HowardRoark
11-05-2008, 09:42 AM

Al Franken scares me.

Grain Belt

Ah, I've never tried that stuff, but now I can understand why people in Minnesota vote the way they do.

I'm drinking one right now. I demanded a free six pack from my local grocer. The times they are a changin'.......

http://zached.com/images/GrainBelt.jpg

MateoInMex
11-05-2008, 09:47 AM

Al Franken scares me.

Grain Belt

I'm drinking one right now. I demanded a free six pack from my local grocer. The times they are a changin'.......

http://zached.com/images/GrainBelt.jpg

Are you celebrating? What beer could you closely pair Grain Belt with? I have a close group of beers that I only drink, and Spotted Cow was just admitted into my close circle. But I have cut down drastically on my beer consumption, the fact I'm on here sober is a testament to this.

Is Grain Belt only sold in Minnesota?

Bossman641
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
How has it changed me?

It's made me more bitter. It's made me more cynical.

For years and years the media and Democrats have gone out of there way to take shots at Dubya and Republicans in general at every chance necessary; either through misrepresenting the truth or just flat out lying. Some were warranted, some were not. Now they call for unity and putting differences aside, for respecting the president and standing behind him. Give me a break. Where was that respect before? Those people can go fuck themselves for all I care.

I don't trust the media. I don't want to hear from the media. Maybe, just maybe, they will go back to investigating rather than cheerleading but I doubt it.

LL2
11-05-2008, 11:58 AM
How has it changed me?

For years and years the media and Democrats have gone out of there way to take shots at Dubya and Republicans in general at every chance necessary; either through misrepresenting the truth or just flat out lying. Some were warranted, some were not. Now they call for unity and putting differences aside, for respecting the president and standing behind him. Give me a break. Where was that respect before? Those people can go fuck themselves for all I care.

I don't trust the media. I don't want to hear from the media. Maybe, just maybe, they will go back to investigating rather than cheerleading but I doubt it.

DITTO!

falco
11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
the media is overrated

bobblehead
11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
good: with biden as the VP funding for genetic solutions to hair loss will skyrocket and I will be able to fix my thinning frontal lobe.

bobblehead
11-05-2008, 01:13 PM

Al Franken scares me.

One was a reformist small gov't guy the other is a whacko big gov't guy....minnesota is just plain confused actually.

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 01:45 PM
good: with biden as the VP funding for genetic solutions to hair loss will skyrocket and I will be able to fix my thinning frontal lobe.

His solution was surgical. But the genetics is catching up.

swede
11-05-2008, 02:36 PM
With or without the hair Biden is drop-dead gorgeous.

gex
11-05-2008, 10:59 PM
How has it changed me?

For years and years the Republicans have gone out of there way to take shots at Clinton and Democrats in general at every chance necessary; either through misrepresenting the truth or just flat out lying. Some were warranted, some were not. Now they call for unity and putting differences aside, for respecting the president and standing behind him. Give me a break. Where was that respect before? Those people can go fuck themselves for all I care.

Fixed :D

bobblehead
11-05-2008, 11:02 PM
How has it changed me?

For years and years the Republicans have gone out of there way to take shots at Clinton and Democrats in general at every chance necessary; either through misrepresenting the truth or just flat out lying. Some were warranted, some were not. Now they call for unity and putting differences aside, for respecting the president and standing behind him. Give me a break. Where was that respect before? Those people can go fuck themselves for all I care.

Fixed :D

Huh?? I agree with tank....the republicans stopped standing for anything and tried get elected by standing against something...they lost.

Deputy Nutz
11-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Apparently now that a black man will be president my penis is going to grow 3 more inches.

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2008, 11:36 PM
I like Grain Belt Premium. It's better than most low brow beer. Pig's Eye is a different story.

bobblehead
11-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Apparently now that a black man will be president my penis is going to grow 3 more inches.

well, I know that some liberal posters have gained size since he won, but not the way you mean.

gex
11-05-2008, 11:45 PM

well, I know that some liberal posters have gained size since he won, but not the way you mean.
:lol:

gex
11-05-2008, 11:48 PM

Come out of the shadows, libs and dems, for you shall be persecuted no longer from the omnipotent right! :twisted:

mraynrand
11-06-2008, 02:05 AM

Come out of the shadows, libs and dems, for you shall be persecuted no longer from the omnipotent right! :twisted:

You are right. The evil theocracy has been swept away with one swift stroke. At our backs only a righteous wind blows. Plus, Obama loves doggies. RRrrrufff!

MJZiggy
11-06-2008, 06:39 AM
CUTE avatar and sig aynrand!!! Did you say something?