PDA

View Full Version : will president obama (sounds sweet) be a one-termer?

MOBB DEEP
11-05-2008, 09:11 AM
WAY to early to rate him obviously. but being in office for only 4 years is a terrible legacy imho and im wondering what u smart people think? who's on horizon for the republicans? barkley?

HowardRoark
11-05-2008, 09:14 AM
WAY to early to rate him obviously. but being in office for only 4 years is terrible legacy imho and im wondering what u smart people think? who's on horizon for the republicans? barkley?

http://blog.nola.com/news_impact/2008/01/large_jindal.blog1.jpg

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/congress/members/photos/228/R000570.jpg

MateoInMex
11-05-2008, 09:19 AM
The next President has got a lot of cleaning up to do, whether it was Obama or McCain. As many pundits have said, the goals of President Elect Barack Obama may seem very difficult to obtain in 1 term. Obama said last night some things might take longer than 1 year or 1 term. If we look at the last 8 years we can come to the conclusion that it's going to take longer to fix all the shi* that is broke in America. I can already see the R's planning their 2012 campaign about "Broken Promises."

It's still a historical day, and I feel a ton more confident with Barack Obama in the WH than John McCain. I would also say "Rome wasn't made in a day", but I have a feeling that many might be disappointed that it's gonna take a little longer than a few months to change the fuck ups of arguably the worst President in the history of the United States of America.

LL2
11-05-2008, 09:33 AM
I think how the economy is will determine if The Fraud is a 1 term prez. The thing about the economy is that they are cyclical, and odds are the economy will go up during The Fraud’s first term. Clinton caught that bounce, and the economy was on the down swing as Clinton was walking out of office. Presidents get the full credit or the full blame on the economy, when in reality they do not have as much control over it as many people think.

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 09:34 AM
I can already see the R's planning their 2012 campaign about "Broken Promises.".

Promise #1: Obama will be post-partisan. Exhibit A: likely Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/17/Rahm_Emanuel,_official_photo_portrait_color.jpg/400px-Rahm_Emanuel,_official_photo_portrait_color.jpg

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
"I'm a Vince Lombardi Democrat. Winning is everything." Rahm Emanuel

Strikes a different tone than 'Country First' doesn't it. But he was VERY successful.

MateoInMex
11-05-2008, 09:44 AM
I can already see the R's planning their 2012 campaign about "Broken Promises.".

Promise #1: Obama will be post-partisan. Exhibit A: likely Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/17/Rahm_Emanuel,_official_photo_portrait_color.jpg/400px-Rahm_Emanuel,_official_photo_portrait_color.jpg

lol. Obama will be equally bi-partisan when Rush Limbaugh is named White House Press Secretary.

LL2
11-05-2008, 09:59 AM
WAY to early to rate him obviously. but being in office for only 4 years is terrible legacy imho and im wondering what u smart people think? who's on horizon for the republicans? barkley?

http://blog.nola.com/news_impact/2008/01/large_jindal.blog1.jpg

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/congress/members/photos/228/R000570.jpg

Don't know much about Jindal, but seems like if he does run he could seriously challange Obama. In doing a little online research I like what I've read about the guy. He's pro-life, supports a constitutional amendment banning flag burning, supports off shore drilling, and signed a Sex Offender Chemical Castration Bill. He did more than Obama has up to this point and he's only 37! That's my age.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Promise #1: Obama will be post-partisan.

I think the Obama backers' call for "unity" is the most offensive part of Obamamania. They slashed-and-burned Clinton and McCain, all the while calling THEM dirty politicians from the old school.

Where was the unity wishing President Bush well during his term?

I beleive all Americans should hope the current president succeeds.

I'm keeping an open mind about Obama. But I will watch closely what he does on the Columbia Free Trade Agreement, that will be the bellwether for me. Our economy is now completely reliant on exports. Obama opposed the Columbia Free Trade Agreement during the campaign, but as president he's going to need to push it through a skeptical democratic congress. If he's a pragmatist, he will find a way to do it.

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 10:48 AM
and signed a Sex Offender Chemical Castration Bill. .

I think this was part of the plot of Saw IV.

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Promise #1: Obama will be post-partisan.

I think the Obama backers' call for "unity" is the most offensive part of Obamamania. They slashed-and-burned Clinton and McCain, all the while calling THEM dirty politicians from the old school.

Where was the unity wishing President Bush well during his term?

I beleive all Americans should hope the current president succeeds.

I'm keeping an open mind about Obama. But I will watch closely what he does on the Columbia Free Trade Agreement, that will be the bellwether for me. Our economy is now completely reliant on exports. Obama opposed the Columbia Free Trade Agreement during the campaign, but as president he's going to need to push it through a skeptical democratic congress. If he's a pragmatist, he will find a way to do it.

I don't see Obama as a pragmatist. Plus, why should he be? He can do pretty much anything he wants. Even with the fillibuster level of Senators, many of them are pretty squishy and Obama can really put the screws to them. Depending on who he surrounds himself with, I think he will push for everything he can get. The one chance for 'pragmatism' is that he does really want people to like him, he will want to get re-elected, so I think he will be like Clinton in that a lot of what he does will be poll-driven.

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 10:53 AM
I do agree with Obama on this: "We have one country, one Constitution and one future that binds us. And when we come together and work together, there is no limit to the greatness of America."