PDA

View Full Version : Mccains downfall ... Not connecting with black voters?

packers11
11-05-2008, 11:50 AM
The last exit poll I saw was 97% of black people voting for Obama while only a whopping 3% voted for McCain... Was he that bad at connecting with African American voters??? :?:

Bossman641
11-05-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm surprised it wasn't 100%

HowardRoark
11-05-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm surprised it's not 115%.

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 11:58 AM
The last exit poll I saw was 97% of black people voting for Obama while only a whopping 3% voted for McCain... Was he that bad at connecting with African American voters??? :?:

Did you see the OJ trial? Blacks celebrated the outcome, even though many believed that OJ was guilty. Why? Because it was a payback of sorts for all the times blacks had been profiled, arrested, convicted, paraded on the news, etc. etc. just for being black. If you don't think that is the reality, then you aren't black and you've never been put in cuffs and in the back of a cruiser just because you were walking across an all white college campus at the 'wrong' time.

The Obama effect on many Blacks is the same - this should be obvious. I wish more of us would have voted based on Obama's character, but it's totally understandable to me that many would vote primarily because they like the idea of having a black president, and that it was their turn to get a shot at the top spot.

(Note: the OJ comparison is for comparing Black attitudes and in no way am I making ANY comparison between OJ and Obama themselves).

falco
11-05-2008, 12:12 PM

Did you see the OJ trial? Blacks celebrated the outcome, even though many believed that OJ was guilty. Why? Because it was a payback of sorts for all the times blacks had been profiled, arrested, convicted, paraded on the news, etc. etc. just for being black. If you don't think that is the reality, then you aren't black and you've never been put in cuffs and in the back of a cruiser just because you were walking across an all white college campus at the 'wrong' time.

The Obama effect on many Blacks is the same - this should be obvious. I wish more of us would have voted based on Obama's character, but it's totally understandable to me that many would vote primarily because they like the idea of having a black president, and that it was their turn to get a shot at the top spot.

(Note: the OJ comparison is for comparing Black attitudes and in no way am I making ANY comparison between OJ and Obama themselves).

sure, a lot of blacks voted for obama just because he was black...but a lot probably voted for him based on his character as well. did obama get 97% of the black vote during the primaries? (I don't know, I'm asking)

your statement implies that a majority or even all blacks supported OJ's acquittal - I highly doubt that... sure some saw it as vindication, perhaps especially for rodney king, but others saw it as a killer walking free...others i'm sure believed his innocence, no doubt as a result of mark fuhrman's racism. that's really not a fair comparison mr lab

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
your statement implies that a majority or even all blacks supported OJ's acquittal - I highly doubt that... sure some saw it as vindication, perhaps especially for rodney king, but others saw it as a killer walking free...others i'm sure believed his innocence, no doubt as a result of mark fuhrman's racism. that's really not a fair comparison mr lab

Like I said, many knew he was guilty and still were happy he was acquitted, because it was seen as making up for all the times the reverse happened. This is my opinion based on numbers from polling taken at the time and experience in the black community.

falco
11-05-2008, 12:18 PM

Like I said, many knew he was guilty and still were happy he was acquitted, because it was seen as making up for all the times the reverse happened. This is my opinion based on numbers from polling taken at the time and experience in the black community.

i'll certainly concede the point, but don't see the relevance to the obama situation...i don't think black people voted for him simply because of all the years that a black man didn't get elected president. i'm sure many or most black voters did vote for obama not just to get a black man elected, but also because they believed he would best represent them

arcilite
11-05-2008, 12:19 PM
his downfall was choosing an idiot nutjob as a VP

HowardRoark
11-05-2008, 12:20 PM

But he won.

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 12:33 PM
i don't think black people voted for him simply because of all the years that a black man didn't get elected president. i'm sure many or most black voters did vote for obama not just to get a black man elected, but also because they believed he would best represent them

And why? Why moreso than Kerry - both in percentage and in overwhelmingly increased turnout? What could it be?

Zool
11-05-2008, 12:34 PM

But he won.

MAVERICK!

falco
11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
i don't think black people voted for him simply because of all the years that a black man didn't get elected president. i'm sure many or most black voters did vote for obama not just to get a black man elected, but also because they believed he would best represent them

And why? Why moreso than Kerry - both in percentage and in overwhelmingly increased turnout? What could it be?

possibly because they feel he can relate to them and better understand their situations and perspectives??

oh no its clearly because they believe he will cut them all giant welfare checks and give them free gas cards and walmart gift cards

i disagree with you a lot of the time, but normally i respect your opinions...you're a babbling fool today though

LL2
11-05-2008, 12:46 PM

It's so nice to see the kind words from the caring and tolerant liberal left.

arcilite
11-05-2008, 01:48 PM

What am I supposed to say?

Sarah Palin is smart? She is not.

Sarah Palin is qualified to be VP? She is not.

i can go on and on and on

Gunakor
11-05-2008, 02:06 PM
His downfall was spending too much time criticizing Obama's ideas and not enough time talking about his own. To this day I do not have a very clear idea of what McCain's economic plan was. At least Obama was clear about his. Even though I don't agree with all of Obama's ideas, at least I understand what he's trying to do. McCain was very vague, and I can't trust that. McCain's plan might have been better than Obama's, but if that was the case he could have done a better job explaining that to America. Don't just tell us why the other guy is wrong, tell us why you are right. I think that if he'd have done a better job at that, perhaps things would have shaped up differently yesterday.

SkinBasket
11-05-2008, 02:07 PM

Those are certainly convincing arguments you make. Your evidence is irrefutable. You would have thought that after W, the libs would have found a new personal smear than, "Well she's stupid!"

What else do you have?

She solve a rubik's cube in under 5 minutes? She can not.

sheepshead
11-05-2008, 02:14 PM

That didnt hurt Barry

LL2
11-05-2008, 02:19 PM

What is was trying to show is the hypocrisy on the left. The liberal left loves to spew hate and be disrespectful of those that have different views than them, while hate the same time trying to have a message of tolerance and love. It is because of people like you that I will treat The Fraud with the same respect that you show Palin.

mraynrand
11-05-2008, 02:25 PM

possibly because they feel he can relate to them and better understand their situations and perspectives??

oh no its clearly because they believe he will cut them all giant welfare checks and give them free gas cards and walmart gift cards

i disagree with you a lot of the time, but normally i respect your opinions...you're a babbling fool today though

I believe that answer 'A' is the case, and overwhelmingly so, as I have been saying. But again, why would they feel that he would better relate to them, etc.?

sheepshead
11-05-2008, 02:44 PM

No recent republican got more that 10%. Most of the brothers are still buying that democrat BS.