PDA

View Full Version : McCain throwing Palin under the bus?

LL2
11-06-2008, 08:52 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27568012

Sure seems like there is a lot of talk that the McCain folks are putting part of the reason for the loss on Palin. McCain ran a horrible campaign. He took risk that backfired on him like suspending his campaign to work on the bailout. From my view point they mismanaged how Palin was introduced, and not letting her talk to any media for about a month. Sure Palin made some mistakes, and so did Biden is his many gaffes. McCain lost because he didn't manage the campaign effectively. At least Palin is smart in that she isn't responding to the criticism by "un-named" McCain staffers.

mraynrand
11-06-2008, 09:07 AM
It's a bit strange, since McCain will never run for the office again, but campaign staffers have to protect their futures too - so it helps to blame someone else. Palin clearly had gaps in knowledge base on national economics, foreign policy, and some civics as well. There really is no need to toss her under the bus. She didn't cost McCain the election, there were far more significant factors. She will be finished as a national figure (read: Presidential candidate) if she doesn't do her homework to fill in the gaps. She won't be able to formulate a coherent message as a candidate if she doesn't know the facts.

LL2
11-06-2008, 09:13 AM
She will probably go back to Alaska and dissapear from the American consciousness and re-appear in 3 years. People over time will forget things, except for a few. If she can succeed in getting that gas pipeline built to the lower 48 that would boost her credibility big time. Overall, I do not see her posing much of a threat to Obama running for re-election, unless the ecomomy gets worse and there are terrorist attacks under Obama's watch.

Zool
11-06-2008, 09:14 AM
She's a Maverick in '08 and she'll be a Maverick in '28.

MAVERICK!

mraynrand
11-06-2008, 09:22 AM
She's a Maverick in '08 and she'll be a Maverick in '28.

MAVERICK!

That's very clever. You must have access to Letterman's writers.

Cheesehead Craig
11-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Palin really didn't have any business being the VP candidate. She added to the downside of his campaign but she certainly wasn't the biggest problem.

Kiwon
11-06-2008, 10:23 AM
It's been coming out for weeks now that some in McCain's camp were strongly opposed to Palin. They were the source for some embarassing leaks to the press.

Elitests are elitests no matter their political stripe.

Palin was simply not their kind of people.

Screw 'em. I'll take an Alaskan, a mother of five, elected public servant who can draw a crowd of 60,000 any day over a metrosexual with an Ivy-League political science degree.

arcilite
11-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Screw 'em. I'll take an Alaskan, a mother of five, elected public servant who can draw a crowd of 60,000 any day over a metrosexual with an Ivy-League political science degree.

uhhh maybe for the local PTA.

But not for Vice President.

Kiwon
11-06-2008, 10:51 AM

uhhh maybe for the local PTA.

But not for Vice President.

PSSTTTT.......Sarah Palin already has more executive experience than Obama or Biden.

Misogynist :wink:

hoosier
11-06-2008, 11:56 AM
It's a bit strange, since McCain will never run for the office again, but campaign staffers have to protect their futures too - so it helps to blame someone else. Palin clearly had gaps in knowledge base on national economics, foreign policy, and some civics as well. There really is no need to toss her under the bus. She didn't cost McCain the election, there were far more significant factors. She will be finished as a national figure (read: Presidential candidate) if she doesn't do her homework to fill in the gaps. She won't be able to formulate a coherent message as a candidate if she doesn't know the facts.

Gaps??!? :lol: :lol:

swede
11-06-2008, 12:04 PM

Please remember that Joe Biden told the world that Franklin Delano Roosevelt went on television to calm down the masses after the great stock market crash of '29.

If you need help understanding the gaps in Biden's knowledge than maybe you're not fit to criticize Sarah Palin.

sheepshead
11-06-2008, 01:11 PM
It's been coming out for weeks now that some in McCain's camp were strongly opposed to Palin. They were the source for some embarassing leaks to the press.

Elitests are elitests no matter their political stripe.

Palin was simply not their kind of people.

Heck Ya!

Harlan Huckleby
11-06-2008, 01:44 PM
McCain lost because he didn't manage the campaign effectively.

This is just so ridiculous.

EVERY losing candidate is said to have mismanaged their campaign. McCain is no different from Hillary Clinton, who also was purported to have been so stupid.

You mentioned McCain's decision to postpone the first debate because of the economic crisis. This was not a gaff, IT WAS A SENSIBLE IDEA THAT THE MEDIA RELENTLESSLY SPUN AS A HORRIBLE MISSTEP. The debate that was supposed to be on foreign policy turned into a debate on the economy. How is it appropriate for two candidates to debate a recovery plan that is in the midst of a tense negotiation? They are Senators who have to withold judgement. Obama immediately went on TV and accused McCain of playing politics in response to McCain's suggestion. McCain's proposal to delay the debate did not benefit him, you can argue it was a bad idea, but the one playing politics was Obama with his aggressive attack. You swallowed the media spin hook, line and sinker.

McCain was doomed, not incompetent. Obama is MUCH more in line with the public mood right now. That's democracy. The news & entertainment media wanted OBama to win with a historic passion. That's not exactly democracy, but it does reflect positively on Obama's strengths.

Harlan Huckleby
11-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Please remember that Joe Biden told the world that Franklin Delano Roosevelt went on television to calm down the masses after the great stock market crash of '29.

If you need help understanding the gaps in Biden's knowledge than maybe you're not fit to criticize Sarah Palin.

Joe Biden is a smart men who likes to talk off the cuff. I thought his remark was fine, I knew what he meant.

Sarah Palin simply got fisted by the media. From the second she was announced, it was a feeding frenzy. CNN was running a poll asking whether she should be dropped from the ticket on day one. They went after her personal life, when that didn't work, they tried other stuff.
Palin got treated like Hillary Clinton last spring. The media ran negative stories about her comments, and then later when it became evident that the comment wasn't so bad, they just moved on. The Charles Gibson interview and Palin's "which Bush Doctrine?" remark is a good example.

oregonpackfan
11-06-2008, 05:11 PM

It was revealed today by McCain's advisors that Palin did not know Africa was a continent. She thought it was a country.

Also, in a discussion about free trade in North America, Palin did not know the three countries discussed in "North America" were Canada, The United States, and Mexico. :roll:

HowardRoark
11-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Palin did not know the three countries discussed in "North America" were Canada, The United States, and Canada. :roll:

I feel dumb now too.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-06-2008, 05:24 PM
This whole thing is bunk. A week ago all our conservatives on this board derided "anonymous" sources about palin.

I'm sure this whole thing is just another fuck you to Mac and Palin concocted by the liberal MSM. :lol:

retailguy
11-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Palin did not know the three countries discussed in "North America" were Canada, The United States, and Canada. :roll:

I feel dumb now too.

:) Add me to the list.

OPF, you better stay out of Mexico for a while. :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
You guys can laugh it off...but it is coming from your favorite source. Didn't know africa was a continent, temper tantrums, didn't know Nafta, wouldn't accept preparation for interviews,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc

Bad decision making by Mac. Simple as that. Great article in the New Yorker about her selection:
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/10/27/081027fa_fact_mayer?currentPage=1

With just days to go before the Convention, the choices were slim. Karl Rove favored McCain’s former rival Mitt Romney, but enough animus lingered from the primaries that McCain rejected the pairing. “I told Romney not to wait by the phone, because ‘he doesn’t like you,’ ” Keene, who favored the choice, said. “With John McCain, all politics is personal.” Other possible choices—such as former Representative Rob Portman, of Ohio, or Governor Tim Pawlenty, of Minnesota—seemed too conventional. They did not transmit McCain’s core message that he was a “maverick.” Finally, McCain’s top aides, including Steve Schmidt and Rick Davis, converged on Palin. Ed Rogers, the chairman of B.G.R., a well-connected, largely Republican lobbying firm, said, “Her criteria kept popping out. She was a governor—that’s good. The shorter the Washington résumé the better. A female is better still. And then there was her story.” He admitted, “There was concern that she was a novice.” In addition to Schmidt and Davis, Charles R. Black, Jr., the lobbyist and political operative who is McCain’s chief campaign adviser, reportedly favored Palin. Keene said, “I’m told that Charlie Black told McCain, ‘If you pick anyone else, you’re going to lose. But if you pick Palin you may win.’ ” (Black did not return calls for comment.) Meanwhile, McCain’s longtime friend said, “Kristol was out there shaking the pom-poms.”

Kiwon
11-06-2008, 06:31 PM

I feel dumb now too.

:) Add me to the list.

And I for one don't believe those reports coming from who? - professional politicos whose candidate lost and who want to work in Washington again.

They are covering their a$$es right now and trying to protect their livelihood. They are Republican strategists in a town that is overwhelmingly Democratic for the foreseeable future.

Gutless cowards, snakes in the grass are what they are.

Does anyone seriously believe that someone born and raised in Alaska doesn't know which countries constitute North America, especially the elected governor of Alaska?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Does anyone seriously believe that someone born and raised in Alaska doesn't know which countries constitute North America, especially the elected governor of Alaska?

I don't know, maybe Sarah can ask that person. :oops:

Kiwon
11-06-2008, 06:37 PM

Oh the shame!! I hope I don't get kicked out of MENSA for this.

Does anyone seriously believe that someone raised in Alaska doesn't know which countries constitute North America, especially the elected governor of Alaska?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-06-2008, 06:46 PM

Does anyone seriously believe that someone raised in Alaska doesn't know which countries constitute North America, especially the elected governor of Alaska?

Apparently Fox News and the right wing blogosphere. Should i discount their stories?

Are they now suddently not credible.

BTW, any person that thinks that man and dinosaur walked the earth at the same time..well, i can believe just about anything regarding what they don't know.

Kiwon
11-06-2008, 06:52 PM

Apparently Fox News and the right wing blogosphere. Should i discount their stories?

Are they now suddently not credible.

BTW, any person that thinks that man and dinosaur walked the earth at the same time..well, i can believe just about anything regarding what they don't know.

Okay, cosmic accident.....your chance universe sure seems to have a lot of order to it. Pagan :)

Tyrone Bigguns
11-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Could you please post in english next time. It makes replying to much easier.

hoosier
11-06-2008, 07:06 PM

Come on...We're not talking about identifying an occasional misstep or slip of the tongue from out of hundreds of hours of TV time, we're talking about someone who can't formulate coherent answers to basic questions about foreign policy or even tell us what newspapers they read. Biden's mouth may move faster than his brain sometimes, and that's to his detriment, but Palin is clearly totally unprepared to be president. I don't care how much executive experience she has if she is unable to articulate a coherent and convincing view of the world we live in.

EDIT: I see that OPF and Ty beat me to the punch and have documented Sarah Palin's VP credentials far better than I could have. :lol:

hoosier
11-06-2008, 07:09 PM

I feel dumb now too.

LOL :lol: It's good to see an embittered conservative showing a sense of humor these days.

Harlan Huckleby
11-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Also, in a discussion about free trade in North America, Palin did not know the three countries discussed in "North America" were Canada, The United States, and Canada. :roll:

Sorry for piling on, but this is rich.

mraynrand
11-06-2008, 11:27 PM

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/newsquotes.asp
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Freak Out
11-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Thanks for that Ayn.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/newsreader/story/580724.html

swede
11-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Also, in a discussion about free trade in North America, Palin did not know the three countries discussed in "North America" were Canada, The United States, and Canada. :roll:

Sez flipping who?

There is no corroboration for this crap about Palin save unnamed sources who were supposed to be running a campaign and are now looking for a scapegoat to cover their sorry, unimaginative, clueless Republican butts.

"Pay no attention to the pathetically ineffective campaign we designed. Sarah Palin came to the door in her bathrobe and that is why we lost."

Harlan Huckleby
11-07-2008, 11:02 AM

Sez flipping who?

There is no corroboration for this crap about Palin save unnamed sources who were supposed to be running a campaign and are now looking for a scapegoat to cover their sorry, unimaginative, clueless Republican butts.

Settle down, Grandpa. I believe the joke here is that in the process of trying to make fun of Sarah Palin's gaff, Oregon made a similar gaff.

But perhaps it is my meds rather than yours that are misfiring.

HowardRoark
11-07-2008, 11:07 AM

Sez flipping who?

Settle down, Grandpa. I believe the joke here is that in the process of trying to make fun of Sarah Palin's gaff, Oregon made a similar gaff.

Harlan Sí, parece como si nuestros amigos mexicanos han sido víctimas de pensamientos racistas aquí.

LL2
11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm glad to see someone at CNN is sticking up for Palin. Campell Brown is probably a liberal, but she also defended Palin on the wardrobe issue.

(CNN) -- Whatever you may have thought about John McCain's running mate -- about whether she was qualified, prepared or experienced enough for the job -- try to put all of that aside for just a moment, because Sarah Palin is who she is.

She did not become measurably more intelligent or measurably less intelligent during this campaign. Remember, she was only part of the campaign for a matter of nine weeks.

Sarah Palin is who she is, which is why I find it so stunning that the very people who introduced us to her, who told us she would make a great vice president, have now turned on her with a vengeance.

They are the top advisers to John McCain's failed campaign and they are desperate to find someone to blame for their long, long list of mistakes. They have been launching grenades at Palin and her supporters. CNN has found some of their allegations to be patently false.

You will hear people say, "This is what always happens with a losing campaign," and hopefully, this is the last time we will be talking about these people. But what they have done just in the last few days to save their own skins is worth a final comment.

To those top McCain advisers who leaked the little story about seeing Sarah Palin in a towel; to those who called her and her family "Wasilla hillbillies" while using her to stoke class warfare with red meat speeches and an anti-elitist message; to those who claim she didn't know Africa was a continent; to those McCain aides who say she is the reason they lost this election: Can I please remind you of one thing? You picked her.

You are the ones who supposedly vetted her, and then told the American people she was qualified for the job. You are the ones who, after meeting her a couple of times, told us she was ready to be just one heartbeat away from the presidency.

If even half of what you say now is true, then boy, did you try to sell the American people a bill of goods. If Sarah Palin is the reason some voters chose Barack Obama, that is no one's fault but your own.

John McCain, as he so graciously said himself the other night, lost this election. He lost it with your help, your advice, your guidance, and yes, your running mate recommendations. And that is crystal clear to everyone, no matter how hard you try to blame Sarah Palin or anyone else.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Campbell Brown

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/06/campbell.brown.palin/index.html?eref=rss_topstories#cnnSTCText

swede
11-07-2008, 12:21 PM

Sez flipping who?

Lo siento. Lo veo ahora. La lista falta Mejico.

Never mind.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/emily-litella.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
11-07-2008, 03:25 PM

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/newsquotes.asp
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ok.

Anyone who thinks gov't spending on flea research is wasteful is an idiot.

Anyone who doesn't know Africa is a continent is an idiot.

Anyone who can't list members of Nafta is an idiot.

Anyone who can't counter a "gotcha" question about what she reads is an idiot.

Anyone who wants to teach Creationism in school is an idiot.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

swede
11-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah, and don't forget she shoots moose.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-07-2008, 03:35 PM

Better than shooting your hunting campanion in the face. :lol:

Freak Out
11-07-2008, 03:39 PM

Shooting moose is the thing I agree with her on. :)

swede
11-07-2008, 03:57 PM

So now you're on record as agreeing that she would have made a better VP than Cheney.

This really is a new era of bipartisanship and brotherhood!

Tyrone Bigguns
11-07-2008, 04:00 PM

So now you're on record as agreeing that she would have made a better VP than Cheney.

This really is a new era of bipartisanship and brotherhood!

Just as Obama would have been a better president than Bush!!!

mraynrand
11-07-2008, 04:11 PM

It would depend on what you are researching about the flea, wouldn't it? not all research is good research

This is true. Anyone who would believe an anonymous source is either already in the tank or an idiot.

Anyone who wants to teach Creationism in school is an idiot. What is creationism? How did you find out what it was? How long would it take to 'teach' creationism in school? Anyone who would want to teach 'scientific naturalism' or 'creationism' at the expense of teaching science is an idiot.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-07-2008, 04:25 PM

It would depend on what you are researching about the flea, wouldn't it? not all research is good research

This is true. Anyone who would believe an anonymous source is either already in the tank or an idiot.

Anyone who wants to teach Creationism in school is an idiot. What is creationism? How did you find out what it was? How long would it take to 'teach' creationism in school? Anyone who would want to teach 'scientific naturalism' or 'creationism' at the expense of teaching science is an idiot.

1. I would agree on fleas, however, Ms. Palin attacked it as an example of wasteful gov spending. therefore since she established the criteria of not defining what is good vs. bad flea research and merely stated that it is wasteful, i'm sorry, but i have to say she is an idiot. Nor do i think she understands that flea research is the backbone of genetic research.

2. Anonyous sources. Really? You seemed ok with them about obama and other issues. These type of sources are pretty much a given in journalism, whether we are talking politics or sports. Being able to "go on record" anonymously is one of the cornerstones of getting info.

3. Creationism. I'm not going to get into this with you. This type of issue is exactly why your party lost. If you want to teach it fine...but, i then think you should be open to all versions of a creation story...from wiccans, muslims, etc. not just Palin's young earth creationism.

Will you be open to multiple deities? Will you be open to Hindu creationism that teaches mutliple creations and destructions?

Will you be open to Nachimandes teaching that Adam mated with a neanderthal like creature?

mraynrand
11-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Nor do i think she understands that flea research is the backbone of genetic research.

??? Last I checked, the major model organisms were worms, flies, mice, rats, zebrafish, etc.. The 'Backbone' of genetic research is a flea?

My scientific adviser told me that a particular line of flea research was wasteful - therefore I said it was wasteful. That's why I hire a scientific adviser. Not Ty Bigguns who thinks fleas are the backbone of genetic research.

mraynrand
11-07-2008, 04:42 PM
3. Creationism. I'm not going to get into this with you. This type of issue is exactly why your party lost. If you want to teach it fine...but, i then think you should be open to all versions of a creation story...from wiccans, muslims, etc. not just Palin's young earth creationism.

Will you be open to multiple deities? Will you be open to Hindu creationism that teaches mutliple creations and destructions?

Will you be open to Nachimandes teaching that Adam mated with a neanderthal like creature?

All evidence to the contrary.

You missed my point. Creationism and Scientific Naturalism are opposing philosophical or metaphysical stances and should not be taught if they are taught in the science classroom in the place of science. At some point they should be introduced and taught for what they are as one teaches about what does and does not constitute science. Natural selection and Common descent are scientific theories that are extremely well supported. They should be taught in science class.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Nor do i think she understands that flea research is the backbone of genetic research.

??? Last I checked, the major model organisms were worms, flies, mice, rats, zebrafish, etc.. The 'Backbone' of genetic research is a flea?

My scientific adviser told me that a particular line of flea research was wasteful - therefore I said it was wasteful. That's why I hire a scientific adviser. Not Ty Bigguns who thinks fleas are the backbone of genetic research.

A simple type of "the" instead of A. But, i do apologize..it wasn't fleas (i was emailed by a friend that it was fleas), she criticized fruit fly research...yep, she is even dumber than i though

Where does a lot of that earmark money end up anyway? […] You’ve heard about some of these pet projects they really don’t make a whole lot of sense and sometimes these dollars go to projects that have little or nothing to do with the public good. Things like fruit fly research in Paris, France. I kid you not.

Palin did not specify what fruit fly research earmark she was referring to, but she is apparently unaware that scientific research with fruit flies has led to valuable discoveries that have boosted autism research, as a study at the University of North Carolina demonstrated last year:

[S]cientists at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine have shown that a protein called neurexin is required for..nerve cell connections to form and function correctly.
The discovery, made in Drosophila fruit flies may lead to advances in understanding autism spectrum disorders, as recently, human neurexins have been identified as a genetic risk factor for autism.

The study of fruit flies has also been used for other autism research and “revolutionized” the study of birth defects.

Game. Set. Match.

mraynrand
11-07-2008, 04:49 PM

A simple type of "the" instead of A. But, i do apologize..it wasn't fleas (i was emailed by a friend that it was fleas), she criticized fruit fly research...yep, she is even dumber than i though

Where does a lot of that earmark money end up anyway? […] You’ve heard about some of these pet projects they really don’t make a whole lot of sense and sometimes these dollars go to projects that have little or nothing to do with the public good. Things like fruit fly research in Paris, France. I kid you not.

Palin did not specify what fruit fly research earmark she was referring to, but she is apparently unaware that scientific research with fruit flies has led to valuable discoveries that have boosted autism research, as a study at the University of North Carolina demonstrated last year:

[S]cientists at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine have shown that a protein called neurexin is required for..nerve cell connections to form and function correctly.
The discovery, made in Drosophila fruit flies may lead to advances in understanding autism spectrum disorders, as recently, human neurexins have been identified as a genetic risk factor for autism.

The study of fruit flies has also been used for other autism research and “revolutionized” the study of birth defects.

Game. Set. Match.

What was the specif fly research that she criticized ? (edit: I see the 'apparently unaware' part - so you're just falling in line that she couldn't know that model organisms are valuable research tools versus knowing that there's a lot of waste). Earmarks for specific research are much more prone to graft than typical NIH grant funding mechanisms, all of which go through an extensive review process. Even so, there are a lot of research projects that are total crap, even if there are some great ones, like Sax/Robo and other neuronal guidance systems that have been discovered and anyalyzed in Caenorhabditis and Drosophila.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-07-2008, 04:53 PM
When you learn to read it will be a great day. She didn't. I gave you the quote.

Therefore, point 1 of mine still stands.

mraynrand
11-07-2008, 04:59 PM
When you learn to read it will be a great day.

very clever. While you wrote this, I was editing. Just more Quod volumus, facile credimus on your part. Can you give me one of those game set match thingys again?

Harlan Huckleby
11-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Just more Quod volumus, facile credimus on your part.

could you put that a little more pretentously?

mraynrand
11-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Just more Quod volumus, facile credimus on your part.

could you put that a little more pretentously?

I'll try: Wooof! GRRrrrr....Woof!

Tyrone Bigguns
11-08-2008, 05:03 PM
When you learn to read it will be a great day.

very clever. While you wrote this, I was editing. Just more Quod volumus, facile credimus on your part. Can you give me one of those game set match thingys again?

And, i knew you were editing how?

But, i'll take this as a tacit admission that Palin looks like a moron for the criticism.

bobblehead
11-09-2008, 01:42 AM
1. I would agree on fleas, however, Ms. Palin attacked it as an example of wasteful gov spending. therefore since she established the criteria of not defining what is good vs. bad flea research and merely stated that it is wasteful, i'm sorry, but i have to say she is an idiot. Nor do i think she understands that flea research is the backbone of genetic research.

I stayed out of this stupid thread, but honestly, as someone who has biology and genetic engineering as a big interest and hobby of sorts....you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. It is useful, but not in any concievable way "the backbone" of genetic research.

Onto other issues...palin made mccain an actual contender...without her this would have been even more of a blowout.

bobblehead
11-09-2008, 01:43 AM

sorry..didn't read this one first. The white mouse is the "backbone" of genetic research.

edit: Michael Rose pretty much exhausted fruit fly research about 9 years ago, so any gov't funding in this area is by and large wasteful...since we changed the topic to fruit flies instead of fleas. WHITE MICE!!!!

Tarlam!
11-09-2008, 03:23 AM
I think, despite her knowledge gaps, she is a down to earth woman that reflects extremely well the values in your wonderful country. I like the class she is displaying by refusing to get into a public pissing match.

I hope she grows from this experience. She is a future leader of more than just her home state, IMHO. She has something that I can't quite define. I just like her a lot.