PDA

View Full Version : The Official Brady Quinn Thread

Brando19
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Kid looks phenomenal on his first drive. 3/4, 30 yards, and a TD! Very good arm. I have a feeling he'll be a star for many years to come in the NFL.

Rastak
11-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Kid looks phenomenal on his first drive. 3/4, 30 yards, and a TD! Very good arm. I have a feeling he'll be a star for many years to come in the NFL.

I thought he went 3 and out his first drive.

Brando19
11-06-2008, 07:49 PM

I thought he went 3 and out his first drive.

You may be right...I started watching the game on his scoring drive and his stats are on NFL.com. I figured that was his first drive.

Rastak
11-06-2008, 07:51 PM
I agree his second drive looked pretty damn solid.

Brando19
11-06-2008, 07:54 PM

I wonder what Derek Anderson is thinking? He's probably seen his last season in Cleveland. I wouldn't put it past the 49ers or Vikings to go after him next season if/when he's cut or traded.

Rastak
11-06-2008, 08:00 PM

I wonder what Derek Anderson is thinking? He's probably seen his last season in Cleveland. I wouldn't put it past the 49ers or Vikings to go after him next season if/when he's cut or traded.

I'm not a huge fan of Anderson so I hope the Vikings don't go that direction.

Somebody will likely trade for him...I highly doubt he's cut.

Brando19
11-06-2008, 08:10 PM

You're right...but if I had to guess and Childress is still coach...Brett Favre will be the Vikings QB next season.

Brando19
11-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Quinn just threw for his 2nd TD pass!

MJZiggy
11-06-2008, 08:11 PM

You're right...but if I had to guess and Childress is still coach...Brett Favre will be the Vikings QB next season.
I thought there was some clause in the contract that says that they can't do that.

Brando19
11-06-2008, 08:14 PM

I thought there was some clause in the contract that says that they can't do that.

I think the clause was that the Jets couldn't turn right around and trade Favre to a team like the Vikes...but he only signed a one year deal. After that...he's a FA...which means he can sign with anyone and the clause is dead. He'll be a Viking...if Childress is still there.

Guiness
11-06-2008, 08:20 PM
F))(*& knows why this is turning into a Brett thread :(

Will anyone pick up Anderson? Didn't he sign a pretty onerous contract?

MJZiggy
11-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Is the game worth watching or is it turning into a blowout?

Brando19
11-06-2008, 08:38 PM

It's a good game. It's 20-10, Cleveland leading. Cutler is very capable of a comeback and it's only halftime (almost.) I'm watching the game on Justin TV...I don't get the damn NFL Network. :evil:

Bossman641
11-06-2008, 09:08 PM

It's a good game. It's 20-10, Cleveland leading. Cutler is very capable of a comeback and it's only halftime (almost.) I'm watching the game on Justin TV...I don't get the damn NFL Network. :evil:

I just looked for it on Justin TV. Do you have the real audio? Or those idiots talking?

Brando19
11-06-2008, 09:20 PM

I just looked for it on Justin TV. Do you have the real audio? Or those idiots talking?

The idiots talking. I mute them, though.

Bossman641
11-06-2008, 09:26 PM

The idiots talking. I mute them, though.

These douchebags are brutal

Guiness
11-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Since we're talking about former Packers in the other threads...

Just watched Marquand Manuel in covering Winslow with predictable results - a tipped ball that Winslow stopped and looked into his hands, but still had time before MM got there.

Bossman641
11-06-2008, 09:34 PM
93 yard TD for Royal

cpk1994
11-06-2008, 09:41 PM

I think the clause was that the Jets couldn't turn right around and trade Favre to a team like the Vikes...but he only signed a one year deal. After that...he's a FA...which means he can sign with anyone and the clause is dead. He'll be a Viking...if Childress is still there.Actually, its a 2 year deal.

EDIT: Favre signed a 3 year deal. 12M this year, 13M in 20009, 14M in 2010.
In other words, He won't be a Viking next year or any year for that matter.

MJZiggy
11-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Patlerized and it wasn't even by Patler... :lol:

gbgary
11-06-2008, 10:06 PM
i thought he'd be good when he got his chance and he's done very well tonght. the denver defense is terrible and cleveland's has also melted down in the forth. the team with the ball last wins this game.

Bossman641
11-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Cutler has all day to throw

Partial
11-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Brady Quinn looks like another one of those awful Players I tend to get behind early in the draft process. Same with Adrian Peterson, Sam Baker, Macus McNeil, etc.

Brando19
11-06-2008, 11:08 PM

I think the clause was that the Jets couldn't turn right around and trade Favre to a team like the Vikes...but he only signed a one year deal. After that...he's a FA...which means he can sign with anyone and the clause is dead. He'll be a Viking...if Childress is still there.Actually, its a 2 year deal.

I could have swore Favre would be a FA after this year because of a 1 year deal. Actually, I remember Sportscenter talking about a no strings attached clause after his first year with the Jets. Double check that and get back with me.

digitaldean
11-06-2008, 11:30 PM
He'll be a Viking...if Childress is still there.

Then we need to thrash the Viqueens to help ensure Chilly gets run out of town.

cpk1994
11-07-2008, 02:29 AM

I could have swore Favre would be a FA after this year because of a 1 year deal. Actually, I remember Sportscenter talking about a no strings attached clause after his first year with the Jets. Double check that and get back with me.

The "No strings attached" would be in reference toThe poison pill clause. After this year the Jets can trade to the VIkes without penalty. Here is a link with the explanation from Andrew Brandt:
http://nyj.scout.com/2/782145.html?refid=400
Basically he can retireafter one year and not pay back any money. But he signed a 3 year deal.

cpk1994
11-07-2008, 02:31 AM
Nevermind. Finally figured out what the problem was.

Partial
11-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Quinn is pretty jacked up. A-Rod should envy Quinn's physique.

sharpe1027
11-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Actually, its a 2 year deal.

Probably not, but if the trade-penalty expires after this year (likely), they could still trade him after the season ends...or he could retire, then come back a week before training camp starts and demand to be released and the Jets could trade him... :shock:

LL2
11-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Quinn looked good, but they probably kept the playbook simple for his first game.

packrat
11-07-2008, 10:30 AM
No long passes and a lot of wounded ducks on the short ones.

mraynrand
11-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Wow, do the Browns suck. I've seen games given away before, but if I didn't know better, I'd think that a couple of Browns were paid off to take a dive.

KYPack
11-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Quinn looked OK, but just OK.

He didn't toss the ball down the field at all. Edwards (an inconsistent goof himself) had one catch.

Quinn's obviously a good prospect, but he looked like a "checkdown Charley" last night.

DonHutson
11-07-2008, 12:27 PM
QUINNSLOW!!
:shock:

I had them both starting last night for my fantasy team, so it was pretty nice to score a quick 40 points.
:lol:

Too bad my opponent had Cutler and the Denver K so I'm still down by a point.
:cry:

Freak Out
11-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Anderson would have beat the Bronco's. :)

cpk1994
11-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Actually, its a 2 year deal.

Probably not, but if the trade-penalty expires after this year (likely), they could still trade him after the season ends...or he could retire, then come back a week before training camp starts and demand to be released and the Jets could trade him... :shock:HE won't pull that same stunt again. If he does it again, it will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is selfish. ESPN would no longer be able to defend him becuase it would make them look bad. As for the Jets trading him, not going to happen. They traded for him to help sell seats in the new stadium. They aren't about to piss that away if they can help it.