PDA

View Full Version : DeAngelo Hall or Al Harris (T-Will): Who would you take?

SnakeLH2006
11-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Wow.

First off I've always like D. Hall, but thought he screwed Al and Wood over for Pro-Bowl votes in the past few years. Amazing 40 speed, decent stats, not so much in gameplay ability. But that's Snake's Take.

The most unbelievable stat is that AL Davis is still alive. Even more amazing is that his senile ass gave a 2nd (ok with that trade)...BUT for 71 million over 7 years to a dude that is way overhyped (:lol: :lol: ). Even worse was that shitload of cash he gave to Kelley (ya, he was gonna bust out with a massive year off of ok years, esp. after a blown knee...let's give him the highest contact EVER to a DL ((who knew this mofo...I mean who even heard his name before this contract...Waiting..waiting...done)) great signing Al!) and our malcontrent Javon Walker (what 6 years, 55 million...his only good year was in GB BEFORE HIS BLOWN KNEE)...What a a douchebag old timer Al has become, yet it's his team, kinda like Monopoly money I guess when you are rich millions over. :cry:

Back to topic:

D. Hall is cut loose as of today and the Steelers, Patriots, and Redskins are going after him according to ESPN. We, the Packers will show zero interest in him, yet with Al's declining age, regardless of contract money, the question is this:

Would you rather have D. Hall at Al Harris's spot right now if the money was fair (like 5 years, 30 million)?

I've ripped on Al in the past, but he looked good last week, and T-Will is ready to burgeon big play ability NEXT year in my mind. So hell no IMO.

The reason I ask this is because I read (or heard on ESPN radio....don't remember where so i have no link) that D. Hall could start for ANY NFL team RIGHT NOW.

I wouldn't want him for salary, and I think he's overrated (his character issues seem blown out of proportion...how would you be on a shitty ATL team with a punk ass coach who wants to bail out?).

Regardless, my choice is Al, and give the torch to T-Will next year. Or would you rather have a young D. Hall at 6 million (we could have that, but TT would NEVER do that).

Tarlam!
11-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, I voted Al.

I was under the impression that the young Hall had disciplinary issues. Also, he likes to roam free and isn't too good at man coverage, the latter being the reason for his failure in Oakland.

GBP defense is mostly man, right?

SnakeLH2006
11-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Yes our D is mostly man, but if we signed a physical freak (well someone who runs a 4.27 40 like D. Hall did) we'd probably have to tweak our man scheme. T-Will runs a 4.3 something, but it's not like he did crazy shit at V. Tech like D. Hall did either, thus, the compliance to the man-schemes. I'm sure in the next year or two when Al (gonna happen soon) and Wood slip further (Al prob. runs a 4.7 now and Wood is easily a 4.6...remember that fumble recovery where just died last year getting the TD?..lol). Right now man, cuz they are both beasts playing the bump, but if we got D. Hall, that's his weakness, we'd have to tweak it. We'd (and will) adjust for talent, but I'm happy with Al for a year or so till T-Will takes over for MUCH less cash (drama) than D. Hall could do for us RIGHT NOW. 8-)

KYPack
11-07-2008, 08:26 AM
The poll was a bit confusing there, Snake.

I think I agree with you, however. Hall is a very skilled player, but needs a specific situation to be a effective. he needs to play off technique in a Tampa 2 defense. He was a fish out of water in Oak's scheme. Rob Ryan incorporates a lot of the same stuff our D has. You need press technique corners for that, and Hall is not that kind of player.

In the right scheme, Hall can be a very effective player. He has great skills and toughness and can be a top hand. He also gambles and does a lot of stupid shit. Hence, he needs that safety playing over the top to clean up his messes.

He would not flourish or even be an effective player in our "D", so it's pretty silly to even consider him for GB.

As long as the price is right, I'd snap him up if I were a GM of a Tampa 2 team. Dungy, Lovie, Kiffin (Monte, not his boy) would do great things with Hall.

sharpe1027
11-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Hall is a gifted athlete, but IMO, he is the wrong type of player and has the wrong type of attitude.

Keep the successful guys you have and be particular about which players you bring in.

T-Will will cost significantly less now. Down the road his price tag will surely go up (assuming he's any good), but we'll still get the up front savings. Also, does taking Hall mean that we have to cut Harris? Seems like an unnecessary gamble to cut your pro-bowl veteran to take a chance on a struggling player, especially when you already have what looks to be a legit replacement.

gbgary
11-07-2008, 07:12 PM
nevermind. :oops:

steve823
11-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Lol this made me laugh for a while..thanks for making it. D. Hall migght be one of the most overrated unskilled cbs of all time. Even in ATL in his so called "good days" he got burnt consistently. He was never good and never will be.