PDA

View Full Version : Take your best guess...

GrnBay007
11-08-2008, 05:33 PM
My guess is THIS thread will end up with a discussion/argument on something political. :?:

:P

red
11-08-2008, 05:35 PM
hopefully soon so that 95% of us can return to it and enjoy it once again

throw all the politics in the GC where it belongs

LL2
11-08-2008, 05:36 PM
I voted forever. The only way to not have politics in RR is to have everybody agree on everything. I used to stay out of the political threads, but eventually caved in. I do miss the threads on stuff like "lost" and summer movies. Even the GC isn't what it used to be.

GrnBay007
11-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I do miss the threads on stuff like "lost" and summer movies.

When does the new season start?

I posted something awhile ago that the Sci-fi channel is showing all of Lost episodes up to date. It airs on Monday nights from 6-10. Kinda fun to go back and watch early episodes....lots of things you had forgotten about.

red
11-08-2008, 06:06 PM
i vote have a politics subforum, a forum just devoted to that shit and the leftovers from jso that have to turn every single thread into a bitchfest

that way the romper room can return back to its old fun stupid self

as for lost, it doesn't return until january :(

mraynrand
11-08-2008, 07:36 PM
i vote have a politics subforum,

not a bad idea. Still, it's usually pretty easy to avoid the political threads, although sometimes it's hard to keep politics out of other threads. Just start a thread, red!

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Thank you for the acknowledgment, 007.

Could you possibly be under the misapprehension that presidential campaign rhetoric is ALL there is to politics?

Besides, discussing politics is FUN! I used to say, it is EQUALLY as much fun as discussing football and other sports. The fact is, though, politics is even more fun.

And anybody that doesn't think so is free to just not read it.

GrnBay007
11-08-2008, 08:10 PM

Could you possibly be under the misapprehension that presidential campaign rhetoric is ALL there is to politics?

Besides, discussing politics is FUN! I used to say, it is EQUALLY as much fun as discussing football and other sports. The fact is, though, politics is even more fun.

Your welcome Tex. :D

I think 1-2 months things will die down.

Yeah politics are fun for some people. But really, 22 out of 30 threads on the main page? ugh!! .....a bit much!

Deputy Nutz
11-08-2008, 08:13 PM

Yeah politics are fun for some people. But really, 22 out of 30 threads on the main page? ugh!! .....a bit much!

Who taught you how to count?

GrnBay007
11-08-2008, 08:15 PM

Watch it, or I'll ask someone to delete your avatar! :P

You count then, hotshot.

Deputy Nutz
11-08-2008, 08:18 PM

You count then, hotshot.

Go watch "Look Who's Talking" and then "Look Who's Talking Too"

Some of Travolta's best work

GrnBay007
11-08-2008, 08:22 PM

You count then, hotshot.

Go watch "Look Who's Talking" and then "Look Who's Talking Too"

Some of Travolta's best work

Do you have your threads confused, or am I missing something?

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2008, 08:31 PM

Your "ugh!" pretty much describes what i think/feel about the incipid meaningless crap which accurately describes most of the non-politics threads ......... but I don't begrudge others the ability to spew that incipid meaningless crap.

As I said, there is a helluva lot more to "politics" than just McCain v. Obama. That aspect will probably go away in a lot less than 1-2 months. But everything else? As long as there are issues of substance to discuss, there will be intelligent thoughtful people--a few of them even liberal--to discuss them.

GrnBay007
11-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Your "ugh!" pretty much describes what i think/feel about the incipid meaningless crap which accurately describes most of the non-politics threads ......... but I don't begrudge others the ability to spew that incipid meaningless crap.

You're right. Your negativity (generally speaking, see above) really inspires people. :roll:

Zool
11-08-2008, 09:29 PM

She to 13 just counting your sister/moms toes.

bobblehead
11-09-2008, 01:29 AM
i vote have a politics subforum,

not a bad idea. Still, it's usually pretty easy to avoid the political threads, although sometimes it's hard to keep politics out of other threads. Just start a thread, red!

I agree...since I only come into the RR for politics and many hate politics I vote for a politics room. That way people who have no interest can just avoid it, or only meander in when they get the hair up the arse.

New poll: should packerrats have a seperate room for politics.

Tarlam!
11-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Excellent suggestion to park these threads elsewhere.

If we are gonna have a politics room, then we should vote to have it open to public viewing, just like the football room.

What should the room be called? Maybe the Politburo ?

SkinBasket
11-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Maybe we should have those little category icons before each thread title that would indicate to those who can't read what kind of thread it is. The politics threads could have a little flag. The gay threads could have an upside down cross. And... well... that just about covers it.

GBRulz
11-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I had a hard time deciding between the last two choices in your poll!!

If people want to talk politics and start a bunch of threads, they have every right to. With that being said, I guess some of us who choose not to discuss politics just need to start more threads about other things.

Let the battle begin :P

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2008, 11:12 AM
The thing I always liked about the old JSOnline Forum was that EVERYTHING was right there for everybody to see and decide whether to read or not--assuming you went through the "posted today" (or whatever it was called) location.

They also gave people the option of restricting it to just one category like here, if they preferred that.

The main reason I liked that over there had nothing to do with politics. It exposed me to Buck and Badger and Brewer posts right there on the first page I went to--things I hardly ever go to around here, and based on the number of posts, a lot of others skip those too.

As with the country in general, that dirty word, CHANGE, almost always means change in the downward/worse direction. Going to a more JSOnline-like format, however, might be the exception.

hoosier
11-09-2008, 02:02 PM
If there were a politics room separate from the RR, would this thread belong inside or outside of it?

red
11-09-2008, 02:16 PM
my brain hurts just trying to figure that one out