PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy, for the second week in a row, cost us the game

channtheman
11-09-2008, 03:26 PM
This is starting to get pathetic. Like last week, McCarthy went conservative at the end of the game and it lost the game for us. Why was McCarthy content to try a 54 yard field goal when he had plenty of time to move the ball further up field. On 1st down after Driver's great catch, he lines up in a goal line formation and runs, oooooh you really had me guessing there. Then Crosby misses the field goal and we lose. I was screaming at the TV wondering why McCarthy was going so conservative.

And yes I know our offense sucked. In close games like this, the coach shouldn't be the one costing us the game. Rodgers played horribly and looked scared. For the first time this year, I thought he looked like a rookie. Despite that though we had a chance to win it at the end and McCarthy chickens out AGAIN and it cost us the game.

Brando19
11-09-2008, 03:30 PM
This is starting to get pathetic. Like last week, McCarthy went conservative at the end of the game and it lost the game for us. Why was McCarthy content to try a 54 yard field goal when he had plenty of time to move the ball further up field. On 1st down after Driver's great catch, he lines up in a goal line formation and runs, oooooh you really had me guessing there. Then Crosby misses the field goal and we lose. I was screaming at the TV wondering why McCarthy was going so conservative.

And yes I know our offense sucked. In close games like this, the coach shouldn't be the one costing us the game. Rodgers played horribly and looked scared. For the first time this year, I thought he looked like a rookie. Despite that though we had a chance to win it at the end and McCarthy chickens out AGAIN and it cost us the game.

MM doesn't need to call the plays on offense. He's proven he's a big pussy. I don't know what it is about is play calling, but maybe he doesn't want Aaron throwing INT's and making them look like fools for switching QB's this offseason. MM needs to act like a coach who wants to win.

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 03:33 PM

And yes I know our offense sucked. In close games like this, the coach shouldn't be the one costing us the game. Rodgers played horribly and looked scared. For the first time this year, I thought he looked like a rookie. Despite that though we had a chance to win it at the end and McCarthy chickens out AGAIN and it cost us the game.It was very easy to see why McCarthy went the way he did. Rodgers was peeling himself off the turf after every play down the stretch. He was in Crosby's range. HE wasn't taking any chance of a turnover. I have no problem with how McCarthy handled it. And by no means am I blaming Crosby but he has to make that kick in a dome.

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 03:34 PM

And yes I know our offense sucked. In close games like this, the coach shouldn't be the one costing us the game. Rodgers played horribly and looked scared. For the first time this year, I thought he looked like a rookie. Despite that though we had a chance to win it at the end and McCarthy chickens out AGAIN and it cost us the game.It was very easy to see why McCarthy went the way he did. Rodgers was peeling himself off the turf after every play down the stretch. He was in Crosby's range. HE wasn't taking any chance of a turnover. I have no problem with how McCarthy handled it. And by no means am I blaming Crosby but he has to make that kick in a dome.

well can we blame MM for not having Rodgers ready for these situations? Or do we blame Rodgers for sucking? Or do we blame the snap because it was a little high? Im so confused...

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 03:35 PM

MM doesn't need to call the plays on offense. He's proven he's a big pussy. I don't know what it is about is play calling, but maybe he doesn't want Aaron throwing INT's and making them look like fools for switching QB's this offseason. MM needs to act like a coach who wants to win.
And if he went agressive and Aaron threw a int, you would be bitching that hw was being too aggressive while being in Crosby's range. THis McCarthy chickens out bullshit is just that, bullshit.

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 03:35 PM

well can we blame MM for not having Rodgers ready for these situations? Or do we blame Rodgers for sucking? Or do we blame the snap because it was a little high? Im so confused...Its called the OL was a sieve.

channtheman
11-09-2008, 03:36 PM
I disagree. You don't want to force a turnover sure, but why such bad playcalling and only running a few plays? We only ran like 4 or 5 plays I think. You have to grow some balls at some point and go for the win instead of putting it on your kicker to make a 54 yard field goal. Sure Crosby should make that but if you get 10 more yards, you increase the chances of making that by like 50%. I'm sick of McCarthy for screwing the team over.

Bretsky

If you want to read a bit into it MM showed a lack of confidence in his OL and QB

Pacopete4

well can we blame MM for not having Rodgers ready for these situations? Or do we blame Rodgers for sucking? Or do we blame the snap because it was a little high? Im so confused...Its called the OL was a sieve.

Aikman seemed to think it was about 50/50 between rodgers and the oline

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I disagree. You don't want to force a turnover sure, but why such bad playcalling and only running a few plays? We only ran like 4 or 5 plays I think. You have to grow some balls at some point and go for the win instead of putting it on your kicker to make a 54 yard field goal. Sure Crosby should make that but if you get 10 more yards, you increase the chances of making that by like 50%. I'm sick of McCarthy for screwing the team over.Again, the OL could pass prtect to save its life down the stretch. Becuase of that when he got within Crosby's range, and in a dome that is well within his range, He went for the win. Crosby just failed to do his job.

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 03:39 PM

Aikman seemed to think it was about 50/50 between rodgers and the olineAikman has taken enough shots to the head in his life that even he doesn't know what he thinks.

channtheman
11-09-2008, 03:39 PM

And if he went agressive and Aaron threw a int, you would be bitching that hw was being too aggressive while being in Crosby's range. THis McCarthy chickens out bullshit is just that, bullshit.

No, I wouldn't pin that on McCarthy, I would be pissed at Rodgers. Rodgers did suck today. And no this McCarthy chickens out stuff is real. McCarthy lines his team up in a goal line formation on 1st and 10, what the heck is that? If McCarthy went aggressive and we lost, I would be pissed that we lost but at least you could say that you tried to win and didnt' pussy out at the end and just hope your kicker would make a long field goal. 10 more yards is all we needed. If McCarthy can't call a play that can get that then I don't know what to say.

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 03:40 PM

If you want to read a bit into it MM showed a lack of confidence in his OL and QBIt was more a lack of confidence in his OL and I don't blame that one bit.

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 03:43 PM

No, I wouldn't pin that on McCarthy, I would be pissed at Rodgers. Rodgers did suck today. And no this McCarthy chickens out stuff is real. McCarthy lines his team up in a goal line formation on 1st and 10, what the heck is that? If McCarthy went aggressive and we lost, I would be pissed that we lost but at least you could say that you tried to win and didnt' pussy out at the end and just hope your kicker would make a long field goal. 10 more yards is all we needed. If McCarthy can't call a play that can get that then I don't know what to say.How did he not try to win the game? They had a game winning FG attempt, didn't they? Crosby kicked from 60+ in warmups didn't he? Fact is, they had a chance to win the game with a FG. Blaming McCarthy for not trying to win the game is bullshit.

GrnBay007
11-09-2008, 03:44 PM

If you want to read a bit into it MM showed a lack of confidence in his OL and QB

:tup:

MJZiggy
11-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Maybe he didn't want to give them any more opportunities for stupid penalties that would have put them out of field goal range. I think they had a stupid mistake or two this game.

channtheman
11-09-2008, 03:46 PM

No, I wouldn't pin that on McCarthy, I would be pissed at Rodgers. Rodgers did suck today. And no this McCarthy chickens out stuff is real. McCarthy lines his team up in a goal line formation on 1st and 10, what the heck is that? If McCarthy went aggressive and we lost, I would be pissed that we lost but at least you could say that you tried to win and didnt' pussy out at the end and just hope your kicker would make a long field goal. 10 more yards is all we needed. If McCarthy can't call a play that can get that then I don't know what to say.How did he not try to win the game? They had a game winning FG attempt, didn't they? Crosby kicked from 60+ in warmups didn't he? Fact is, they had a chance to win the game with a FG. Blaming McCarthy for not trying to win the game is bullshit.

I think that McCarthy settling to kick a 54 yard field goal when he had plenty of time to move the ball further downfield is "bullshit."

Bretsky
11-09-2008, 03:46 PM
It's obvious that the OL was horrible

But let's get this out there too

AROD did not have his A game today either.

You don't bank on a 50+ yard field goal unless you lack confidence in your OL to pass block and your QB to get rid of the ball if he has a feel for the pressure

Bretsky
11-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Maybe he didn't want to give them any more opportunities for stupid penalties that would have put them out of field goal range. I think they had a stupid mistake or two this game.

Yup; either playing conservative or scared. Your description would lean toward the scared we'll make things worse by trying belief

Brando19
11-09-2008, 03:51 PM

Oh yeah?? Haha...you're an idiot. Explain how it's bullshit? Has he been calling good plays lately?

channtheman
11-09-2008, 03:51 PM

You don't bank on a 50+ yard field goal unless you lack confidence in your OL to pass block and your QB to get rid of the ball if he has a feel for the pressure

I suppose but I still don't agree with his first down call which was a goal line formation. Why remove all doubt to the defense what you will do?

BallHawk
11-09-2008, 03:52 PM
I understand McCarthy's thinking, but I don't count on a 2nd year kicker in a rivalry game to deliver from 50+ with the game on the line. If it's within 40, ok, go conservative. But from that far out you've gotta try and get closer. If the Pack get 3 more yards that FG goes through.

I've defended McCarthy in the past, but I don't like going conservative here, no matter how the games tide has been going.

And don't even get me started on the challenge.....

Bretsky
11-09-2008, 03:56 PM

I suppose but I still don't agree with his first down call which was a goal line formation. Why remove all doubt to the defense what you will do?

Agree with you 100% :!:

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I understand McCarthy's thinking, but I don't count on a 2nd year kicker in a rivalry game to deliver from 50+ with the game on the line. If it's within 40, ok, go conservative. But from that far out you've gotta try and get closer. If the Pack get 3 more yards that FG goes through.

I've defended McCarthy in the past, but I don't like going conservative here, no matter how the games tide has been going.

And don't even get me started on the challenge.....I don't care who the kicker is. You are in a dome and were hitting from 60+ in warmups, a 52 yarder is not too much to ask.

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 04:06 PM

Oh yeah?? Haha...you're an idiot. Explain how it's bullshit? Has he been calling good plays lately?Becuase its McCarthy's job to win games. I really sure that he sits in team meetings and tells the players, "You know what, Lets not win this game becuase I just don't want to this week." Again, they had a chance to win the game with a FG. Crosby was more than capable of making it. Crsoby missed. End of story. Everything else about costing games is knee jerk bullshit.

Bretsky
11-09-2008, 04:10 PM

Oh yeah?? Haha...you're an idiot. Explain how it's bullshit? Has he been calling good plays lately?Becuase its McCarthy's job to win games. I really sure that he sits in team meetings and tells the players, "You know what, Lets not win this game becuase I just don't want to this week." Again, they had a chance to win the game with a FG. Crosby was more than capable of making it. Crsoby missed. End of story. Everything else about costing games is knee jerk bullshit.

Pass the blame where you want; there is plenty of room to spread around

But if it's his job to win games please remember he failed today

BallHawk
11-09-2008, 04:12 PM

And don't even get me started on the challenge.....I don't care who the kicker is. You are in a dome and were hitting from 60+ in warmups, a 52 yarder is not too much to ask.

Keyword: warmups. Big difference from kicking in the middle of an empty field before the game to kicking a 52-yarder to win the game with a ferocious defense coming right at you.

MOBB DEEP
11-09-2008, 04:23 PM
favre made MM

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 04:24 PM
favre made MM

:five: