PDA

View Full Version : Aaron "Happy feet" Rodgers

dissident94
11-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Yes the o-line is not playing well. But they didn't play that great last year as well. But rodgers is feeling the pressure way too much. Some of the sacks are the o-line's fault. But a lot has to go on Rodgers. He is affected way too much by pressure. You need to just step up and deliver the pass. If he can't get over this he will make a lot of o-lines look really bad.

Plus he can't run into the pressure. He didn't do it that much today but he does have the tendency of instead of stepping up and making a pass. Gettting rattled, running out of the pocket and running into the pressure.

First year Qb jitters?

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 03:41 PM
troll

dissident94
11-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I know. ANy discussion on Rodgers playing like a wuss. I admire he is playing through some pain. BUt he is feeling the pressure more than it is there somtimes.

esoxx
11-09-2008, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't call it happy feet as much as he needs to have a better awareness and feel pressure. By the time he does it's too late.

dissident94
11-09-2008, 03:46 PM
But as soon as there is any pressure, instead of stepping up and delivering a pass as so many other qbs do in the league. He seems to panic too much rather than making the pass.

It looked like Jennings was getting in his face a little today. I think you will start to see more of this.

Bretsky
11-09-2008, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't call it happy feet as much as he needs to have a better awareness and feel pressure. By the time he does it's too late.

DITTO

AROD was not on top of his game today

channtheman
11-09-2008, 03:49 PM
troll

This is a legitimate discussion about Rodgers, and like you said in your topic (which I realize now was just a troll attempt) aren't we here to discuss? How is saying "troll" when he actually makes sense adding to the discussion?

Rodgers did have a crappy game and he froze on many plays where he actually had a chance to make something happen or at least not take a sack. I think he'll get better with time but he isn't there yet. We just need to wait and see how he pans out. This IS is first year starting after all.

DonHutson
11-09-2008, 03:53 PM
But as soon as there is any pressure, instead of stepping up and delivering a pass as so many other qbs do in the league. He seems to panic too much rather than making the pass.

How many times did he stand in an get drilled immediately after the pass today? Too fuckin' many.

If anything he held it too long too often. Either way, the pressure was real.

channtheman
11-09-2008, 03:54 PM
can u please grow up? we already know this stuff doesnt fly around here... discuss it if u want, or dont.. but grow up please

Take your own advice Paco

retailguy
11-09-2008, 03:54 PM
I don't blame Rodgers for this loss at all. I blame the OL. You wanna say happy feet? Fine. You'd have had happy feet out there today too.

Do you remember Jeff Garcia in his last season in SF? He had "happy feet" too and was discarded as "washed up".

If we even had a "mediocre OL" we could start judging Rodgers. Fact is, we DON'T. Our OL is one of the worst in the league at playing consistently. Until that changes, NOTHING else matters.

Oh, and Paco? Shut up already. Your routine is getting old. The old fart is gone, and he IS NOT coming back. Time to move on.

Freak Out
11-09-2008, 03:57 PM
He's a rookie for the most part and has done well considering. He will get better as he gets experience under his belt...if he survives that is. M3 needs to call a better game for starters..switching things up. Was Allen and the Viking D ever really caught flat footed today?

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't blame Rodgers for this loss at all. I blame the OL. You wanna say happy feet? Fine. You'd have had happy feet out there today too.

Do you remember Jeff Garcia in his last season in SF? He had "happy feet" too and was discarded as "washed up".

If we even had a "mediocre OL" we could start judging Rodgers. Fact is, we DON'T. Our OL is one of the worst in the league at playing consistently. Until that changes, NOTHING else matters.

Oh, and Paco? Shut up already. Your routine is getting old. The old fart is gone, and he IS NOT coming back. Time to move on.I agree with you, RG. The OL is the problem and I think it starts with Wells.

retailguy
11-09-2008, 04:05 PM

Oh, and Paco? Shut up already. Your routine is getting old. The old fart is gone, and he IS NOT coming back. Time to move on.I agree with you, RG. The OL is the problem and I think it starts with Wells.

This game? Yeah probably, Wells didn't play well. But, in all fairness, it's ALL of them. Even Tauscher this year. They've all sucked at times. Cliffy must be hurt worse than advertised. If not, he's done. Colledge will NEVER make it at guard. That is a failed experiment. It failed in 2006, can't we finally admit it? He still might make a LT, but it's iffy. Spitz has hope, AT CENTER. He stinks as a guard too. If Barbre and Sitton don't work out, we have big problems.

Oh, and you sealed your fate by agreeing with me. You've got no idea what you've done. :lol: :wink:

dissident94
11-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Sure the o-line sucks. But what is different from last year. Same guys. Something has to be said about the qb play.
Yes too much pressure.

But I remember one play earlier by Frerotte That the posket was closing but he waited and delivered a pass to Taylor.

That same situation Rodgers either would have ran right and right into the pressure or threw it away. These are things he has to learn.

Same thing happened in preseason at San Fran. I think teams are learning this and will blitz us nonstop until both the o-line and Rodgers can figure it out

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 04:06 PM
can u please grow up? we already know this stuff doesnt fly around here... discuss it if u want, or dont.. but grow up please

it was a sarcastic "troll" I dont think he is a troll... I think Arod has had enough time for me to show that hes just not gonna get it done... so thats why Brohm/Flynn should get a shot

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 04:14 PM

it was a sarcastic "troll" I dont think he is a troll... I think Arod has had enough time for me to show that hes just not gonna get it done... so thats why Brohm/Flynn should get a shotGood thing you aren't a coach. You would drive your team completely into the ground.

dissident94
11-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Kind of like whats happening now

retailguy
11-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Sure the o-line sucks. But what is different from last year. Same guys. Something has to be said about the qb play.
Yes too much pressure.

But I remember one play earlier by Frerotte That the posket was closing but he waited and delivered a pass to Taylor.

That same situation Rodgers either would have ran right and right into the pressure or threw it away. These are things he has to learn.

Same thing happened in preseason at San Fran. I think teams are learning this and will blitz us nonstop until both the o-line and Rodgers can figure it out

Respectfully, your point assumes that the OL has played similarly to the way it played last year. Not sure that is true, especially in the case of Cliffy. Also, you can't take a 16 year starter and replace him with a 1st year starter, have the line regress and expect great decision making from the new guy.

That is not reasonable. If anything, you have to EXPECT the OL to step it up and play BETTER. The new guy needs time to learn, you don't pick it all up by sitting on the bench.

3 years from now, Rodgers could handle this line, but this year? No way.

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 04:17 PM

it was a sarcastic "troll" I dont think he is a troll... I think Arod has had enough time for me to show that hes just not gonna get it done... so thats why Brohm/Flynn should get a shotGood thing you aren't a coach. You would drive your team completely into the ground.

I am a coach.. and I do just fine, thank you

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 04:19 PM

I am a coach.. and I do just fine, thank youTHen I feel sorry for those that have an ignorant idiot for you as a coach.

Pacopete4

I am a coach.. and I do just fine, thank youTHen I feel sorry for those that have an ignorant idiot for you as a coach.

:taunt:

retailguy
That's enough. Take the personal insults to PM's! You guys have a history, knock it off.

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
That's enough. Take the personal insults to PM's! You guys have a history, knock it off.

can u just tell him to stop attacking me? that'd be great...

Bretsky
11-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Yes too much pressure.

Respectfully, your point assumes that the OL has played similarly to the way it played last year. Not sure that is true, especially in the case of Cliffy. Also, you can't take a 16 year starter and replace him with a 1st year starter, have the line regress and expect great decision making from the new guy.

That is not reasonable. If anything, you have to EXPECT the OL to step it up and play BETTER. The new guy needs time to learn, you don't pick it all up by sitting on the bench.

A lot of good points in here; this is a transition period and I never once figured we'd be just as well off with a first year AROD than a veteran QB. But hopefully the long term ramifications will pay off.

That being said, I am still disappointed in AROD's play this week. Over the season he's been better than I expected he would be in year one.

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 04:23 PM
That's enough. Take the personal insults to PM's! You guys have a history, knock it off.Im sorry, RG. Ill just continue to let the forum call him out as they have been.

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Yes too much pressure.

A lot of good points in here; this is a transition period and I never once figured we'd be just as well off with a first year AROD than a veteran QB. But hopefully the long term ramifications will pay off.

That being said, I am still disappointed in AROD's play this week. Over the season he's been better than I expected he would be in year one.

I don't do it often, but I agree with you here. I am as disappointed in ARod play as you are. But TT has a lot of work this offseason to improve the OL. His investment in ARod rides on it.

Bretsky
11-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes too much pressure.

I don't do it often, but I agree with you here. I am as disappointed in ARod play as you are. But TT has a lot of work this offseason to improve the OL. His investment in ARod rides on it.

Yup

Hey, that's twice you've agreed with me this week

Is the sky falling :?: :lol:

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Yes too much pressure.

Yup

Hey, that's twice you've agreed with me this week

Is the sky falling :?: :lol:No. I just have to quit letting Paco get to me. I post better when I don't get angry. That also allows me to read yourposts with a more open mind. :P

Noodle
11-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Arod does not better awareness, much better awareness, and that will just take time. But I'm afraid that the poor play of the ol is going to make him too aware and skittish. I also think the suckness of Wells and the guards prevents Arod from stepping up because there's no there there. The pocket gets crushed on the inside, then it's flush time.

I really don't know how TT will deal with this. He won't pay a lot for Tausch, so there's a chance we could lose him. Cliffy is done. The interior is soft. He can't fix this many problems with a draft.

That means FA. And he just won't pay the money it takes to get a quality OL guy.

BTW, does anyone still think the Vikes were fools for throwing beaucoup coin at Allen?

Bretsky
11-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Arod does not better awareness, much better awareness, and that will just take time. But I'm afraid that the poor play of the ol is going to make him too aware and skittish. I also think the suckness of Wells and the guards prevents Arod from stepping up because there's no there there. The pocket gets crushed on the inside, then it's flush time.

I really don't know how TT will deal with this. He won't pay a lot for Tausch, so there's a chance we could lose him. Cliffy is done. The interior is soft. He can't fix this many problems with a draft.

That means FA. And he just won't pay the money it takes to get a quality OL guy.

BTW, does anyone still think the Vikes were fools for throwing beaucoup coin at Allen?

The OL they paid a fortune for looks to be working out pretty well also. Hutchinson I think.

Free agency can work if you pick the right players.

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 05:00 PM

The OL they paid a fortune for looks to be working out pretty well also. Hutchinson I think.

Free agency can work if you pick the right players.However, until they make the playoffs with those FA, they still look like fools.

BZnDallas
11-09-2008, 05:06 PM
i'm not saying the OL is great or even good at this point... but in the offseason i'd love to see McCarthy stick a man in one place and let him play!... too many times this offseason it seemed to me that he would mix and match the o-line... now i do understand why he did it (injuries etc...) but when you go up against a great defensive line and your guys don't know what to do, its a problem... let them play where they practice and lets make the back ups better and not mix and match

channtheman
11-09-2008, 05:44 PM
i'm not saying the OL is great or even good at this point... but in the offseason i'd love to see McCarthy stick a man in one place and let him play!... too many times this offseason it seemed to me that he would mix and match the o-line... now i do understand why he did it (injuries etc...) but when you go up against a great defensive line and your guys don't know what to do, its a problem... let them play where they practice and lets make the back ups better and not mix and match

Agreed. How can you possibly expect better line play when you have guys playing 2-3 games at one position and then moving to another. All off season it was the same way. It certainly is frusturating that our offensive line play is so bad but hopefully we can do something about it to salvage the good team we have other than the oline.

dissident94
11-09-2008, 06:01 PM
If you go back to what I said. The o-line is playing bad. But Rodgers needs to step up and quit worrying about the pressure so much. He is young, but we are not going to win many more games until he does this. Because you guys are right the o-line isn't getting better for a couple years. To be effective he cannot rattle so easy as he has the past 5-6 weeks IMO

channtheman
11-09-2008, 06:05 PM
If you go back to what I said. The o-line is playing bad. But Rodgers needs to step up and quit worrying about the pressure so much. He is young, but we are not going to win many more games until he does this. Because you guys are right the o-line isn't getting better for a couple years. To be effective he cannot rattle so easy as he has the past 5-6 weeks IMO

I also agree with this though. I gave an example somewhere but I'll post it again. There was one play where we lined up like we were going to run but actually did a play action (first time this year possibly? AMAZING!) and Rodgers looked down field and then just froze and stood there as 2 Vikings sacked him. Rodgers needs to deal with the pressure better but we also need to block better. Put any other QB behind our line and they probably do just as bad. I'm willing to bet Brady last year would have had way worse numbers had he had our line.