PDA

View Full Version : Abysmal Offensive Performance

esoxx
11-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Can't pass protect, can't run block, poor throws, can run the ball, poor execution, too predictable.
If the Packers get any semblance of offensive compentency today they win going away. A defensive TD and a special teams score. Rarely do you lose when both occur in the same game.
That last drive starts after a good kick return to the 40. Then they get extremely lucky when Rodgers pass goes off a Viking helmet and bounces downfield to Driver for a 20 yard gain.
Instead of going for the throat, two runs and a checkdown lead to a long FG try.
Hopefully they can "get things cleaned up."

Bretsky
11-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Can't pass protect, can't run block, poor throws, can run the ball, poor execution, too predictable.
If the Packers get any semblance of offensive compentency today they win going away. A defensive TD and a special teams score. Rarely do you lose when both occur in the same game.
That last drive starts after a good kick return to the 40. Then they get extremely lucky when Rodgers pass goes off a Viking helmet and bounces downfield to Driver for a 20 yard gain.
Instead of going for the throat, two runs and a checkdown lead to a long FG try.
Hopefully they can "get things cleaned up."

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Dabaddestbear
11-09-2008, 03:57 PM
You guys officially have your own version in Rex Grossman as your starter. Good luck.

esoxx
11-09-2008, 04:00 PM
So that means we'll at least make it to the Super Bowl? Maybe we'll win it though.

Dabaddestbear
11-09-2008, 04:01 PM
So that means we'll at least make it to the Super Bowl? Maybe we'll win it though.
Nah, you guys got the Bad Rex part...lol.
I am so glad he is only our backup now.

Partial
11-09-2008, 04:36 PM
The offense is far too predictable and limited this year.

It's very apparent to me that MM doesn't have near the faith in far, and that A-Rod isn't near the play maker that Favre was. We have three passing plays.. Checkdown, quick slant, and deep bomb to jennings. It's incredibly predictable. What happened to all of the crossing routes and attacks over the middle of last year?

I have a theory that they're running similiar plays but Rodgers isn't going across the middle. One could argue that he plays it very, very safe, and while that might be smart and have fewer turnovers, its not resulting to many offensive points.

The offensive line isn't playing great, but again, I think that is more of a problem with A-Rod playing skittish and leaving the pocket instead of stepping up into it and letting the tackles do their job.

Has anyone considered that now that their is game tape of A-Rod going around, teams are finding out how to stop our offense? I think this is a HUGE factor as we play so few things offensively.

Badgerinmaine
11-09-2008, 04:40 PM
[quote]
Yeah, but isn't Orton still out for a while? It was Grossman today, and perhaps next week in Green Bay too...

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 04:41 PM
You guys officially have your own version in Rex Grossman as your starter. Good luck.How? ROdgers doens't throw INTs or fumbles at nearly the rate that Wrex does. I also find it amazing that you are in here talking smack when the Bears lost. Then again, I never thought you were very bright. Ballsy, but not bright.

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 04:42 PM
You guys officially have your own version in Rex Grossman as your starter. Good luck.How? ROdgers doens't throw INTs or fumbles at nearly the rate that Wrex does. I also find it amazing that you are in here talking smack when the Bears lost. Then again, I never thought you were very bright. Ballsy, but not bright.

ya its even funnier that Rodgers just plain old sucks without throwing INT's.. haha

Partial
11-09-2008, 04:44 PM

Rodgers doesn't fumble or throw INTs because he is extremely conservative in where he throws the ball and is skittish and ends up getting hit.

Can't really argue that our passing offense has been awful in 4 games, and solid in 5.

imscott72
11-09-2008, 04:44 PM

ya its even funnier that Rodgers just plain old sucks without throwing INT's.. haha

Yeah Arod really sucks.. :roll: I'd like to see you play with that line and see how many passes you'd get off..

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 04:45 PM

Yeah Arod really sucks.. :roll: I'd like to see you play with that line and see how many passes you'd get off..

your avatar could

imscott72
11-09-2008, 04:47 PM

your avatar could

I don't think Brett would have succeeded with that line either. The line was horrid the 4-12 season too and we had Brett. There are just too many problems to blame it all on Arod. We can't stop the run is one of the biggest along with the penalties.

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 04:48 PM

your avatar could

I don't think Brett would have succeeded with that line either. The line was horrid the 4-12 season too and we had Brett. There are just too many problems to blame it all on Arod. We can't stop the run is one of the biggest along with the penalties.

maybe ur right, but i think ur wrong.. i saw what this team full of talent could do last season with that washed up 39 yr old

imscott72
11-09-2008, 04:54 PM

your avatar could

maybe ur right, but i think ur wrong.. i saw what this team full of talent could do last season with that washed up 39 yr old

Tough to compare last year to this because of so many things. Different talent in the NFC last year, whereas most of the teams got better and I don't think we did. Cliffy and Tausch a year older, and their age is really starting to show, especially Cliffy. Grant not running like he did last year. Our defensive front 7 is abysmal compared to last year.

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 04:55 PM

your avatar could

Tough to compare last year to this because of so many things. Different talent in the NFC last year, whereas most of the teams got better and I don't think we did. Cliffy and Tausch a year older, and their age is really starting to show, especially Cliffy. Grant not running like he did last year. Our defensive front 7 is abysmal compared to last year.

what did u think of Grant today

imscott72
11-09-2008, 04:59 PM

your avatar could

what did u think of Grant today

I thought Grant ran hard today and looked as good as he has all year, and considering Minny's front 7 is some of the best in the NFL, I don't blame the loss on the run game. I do blame the lack of passing opportunities on the O line however.

Badgerinmaine
11-09-2008, 05:08 PM

your avatar could

His avatar ain't got any arms. :P

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 05:09 PM

your avatar could

His avatar ain't got any arms. :P

thats how good his avatar is.. he doesnt need arms! haha

Dabaddestbear
11-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Uh, he hasnt played as many games as Rex yet. Plus Rex likes to take too many chances which screws him more times than not. Remember I said earlier (about week 3 i think)that Rodgers will be you guys Rex Grossman. He will have some good games against week defenses that havent figured him out yet. But when they notice he is quick to look to run the ball to his right side when Jennings and Driver isnt open then he is toast.

And I am here talking about the games because I figured the Bears would lose to the Titans when it was announced that Rex was starting. No surprise there. Besides it wasn't as tough a lost when you guys are still one game back and lost a DIVISION game. The problem you guys will have is the same that the Bears have had the past few years. Putting all your eggs in one basket at the QB position. Maybe that new contract clouded Rodgers judgment. Because he sure looked like a deer in headlights whenever the rush was coming.

And for the record...Rex NEVER took TWO safeties in one game. Hell, I am not sure if he ever got a safety, he will throw a deep bomb for an interception first...lol. And thats why I am glad he is our BACKUP. You guys on the other hand have Rodgers as your starting fat contract QB. As a fan you can only hope he gets it together before it gets worst. As a Bear fan I used to say that about Rex--- well, he never did. :roll:

Badgerinmaine
11-09-2008, 05:28 PM

:lol:
No legs, either, which officially makes his avatar less mobile than Drew Bledsoe :P

Dabaddestbear
11-09-2008, 05:29 PM
[quote]
Yeah, but isn't Orton still out for a while? It was Grossman today, and perhaps next week in Green Bay too...
Orton could have played today, but they didnt want to take any risk since this wasnt a divisional game. He practiced this week and was listed as the 3rd string just in case. He will be back against GB barring some strange new injury.

But Rex has always played pretty well against the Packers if no one else. Either way it should be an interesting game.

MJZiggy
11-09-2008, 05:34 PM

:lol:
No legs, either, which officially makes his avatar less mobile than Drew Bledsoe :P

But not by much.

:rs: