PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead: Packers, Vikings and Bears remaining scheds

Badgerinmaine
11-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Well, the game today hurt like hell. So, I'd like to move on to something else: what is left on the schedule for the Packers and their division rivals? I'm choosing that as the focus because I think the wild card path is going to be much harder than winning the division. The Packers are two games back of multiple teams for the wild card but still only one game back of Chicago and Minnesota. So, what does each have left?

Green Bay
Chicago
at NO
Carolina
Houston
at Jacksonville
at Chicago
Detroit

Chicago
at Green Bay
at St. Louis
at Minnesota
Jacksonville
NO
Green Bay
at Houston

Minnesota
at Tampa Bay
at Jacksonville
Chicago
at Detroit
at Arizona
Atlanta
N.Y. Giants

With Atlanta much improved, I think one could argue that the Vikings have a tougher road ahead than the Packers, and the Packers have the opportunity to take care of business against the Bears, starting next week. The Bears also have already had their two games against woeful Detroit already. There's a lot that needs to be fixed, but I am not willing to write off the season yet.

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 04:23 PM
i feel bad for ur thread sooo... I am 2-0 going to packer games... I am going to the Bears-Pack game this week... so its basically a lock that we win...

HarveyWallbangers
11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
We win next week. Vikings lose at Tampa Bay. All three teams tied at 5-5, but Green Bay gets the upper hand in the tiebreaker. That's what I'm predicting.
:D

When do the suspensions for Pat and Kevin Williams begin?

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 04:27 PM
We win next week. Vikings lose at Tampa Bay. All three teams tied at 5-5, but Green Bay gets the upper hand in the tiebreaker. That's what I'm predicting.

I havent heard dick about even fining them clowns... what the hell is the commish doing these days.. holding pacmans hand?

Badgerinmaine
11-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Sounds good to me! 8-)
Actually, I think there's a good possibility that's what will happen.

Rastak
11-09-2008, 04:47 PM

You assume too much my friend!

If they win their appeal it won't!

imscott72
11-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Who cares about the schedules right now. We have so many problems it doesn't matter if we played the Raiders. As soon as we can stop the run and cut the penalties, then I might care about who we and the teams we're chasing play.

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 04:51 PM
ill go out on a limb here... we dont make the playoffs this year... thanks TT/MM

red
11-09-2008, 05:04 PM
looking at our schedule

if something drastic doesn't happen with this teams attitude we might end up at 6-10

yuck

i see wins against the lions and texans, i can see loses for the rest of the games. and who knows, if we continue to play like we did today maybe we'll even lose those two games

we have massive problems right now

Badgerinmaine
11-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Who cares about the schedules right now. We have so many problems it doesn't matter if we played the Raiders.
They were one missed field goal today from beating a far better team than the Raiders, and in their building at that. Don't let the painfulness of the loss make you lose perspective.

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Who cares about the schedules right now. We have so many problems it doesn't matter if we played the Raiders.
They were one missed field goal today from beating a far better team than the Raiders, and in their building at that. Don't let the painfulness of the loss make you lose perspective.

oh come on.. they didnt even belong in that game... the fates of football pushed that kick wide right because it was just the right thing to do.. if the vikings had gotten favre, we woulda been routed today by a far more talented vikings team

imscott72
11-09-2008, 05:09 PM

The Vikings should of beat us by 20 today. There's nothing really positive to take from todays game at all other than Blackmon's TD return.

Badgerinmaine
11-09-2008, 05:14 PM

The Vikings should of beat us by 20 today. There's nothing really positive to take from todays game at all other than Blackmon's TD return.
The Collins TD doesn't count? Or being +3 in turnovers? (On the other hand, the penalty count and the 1 for 11 on third down is a severe downer...)

Rastak
11-09-2008, 05:17 PM

The Collins TD doesn't count? Or being +3 in turnovers? (On the other hand, the penalty count and the 1 for 11 on third down is a severe downer...)

I just watched that replay and it was thrown straight to him.

Nice return though.

Badgerinmaine
11-09-2008, 05:21 PM
looking at our schedule

if something drastic doesn't happen with this teams attitude we might end up at 6-10

yuck

i see wins against the lions and texans, i can see loses for the rest of the games.

They are so inconsistent now that they easily could do that--or beat everyone except for the Jags and Panthers. Either one could happen. My guess would be that they would be the oddsmakers' underdog at Chicago, and against Jacksonville and Carolina...and possibly against NO because the Saints are so much better at home than on the road.

CaliforniaCheez
11-09-2008, 05:22 PM
SCREW IT!!

The season is over!!

The Packers are a heartless gutless team that has failed to even have a .500 record at this point. Those losers have no pride.

Let the rebuilding begin.

The Packers need 4 better DT's, 5 better Offensive linemen, and 2 new line coaches.

Zone blocking has been a failure.

If 5 games changes a bit last year McCarthy would be fired long ago for being below .500.

This team is unacceptable.

Badgerinmaine
11-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Rastak, even leaving You Know Who out of it...Paco's got a point...can you imagine how many games the Vikings would win if they had even one of their good quarterbacks of the past...say, Tommy Kramer or Rich Gannon?

imscott72
11-09-2008, 05:29 PM

Yeah I forgot about the interceptions, and if not for those we would have lost by 20.

Dabaddestbear
11-09-2008, 05:32 PM
i feel bad for ur thread sooo... I am 2-0 going to packer games... I am going to the Bears-Pack game this week... so its basically a lock that we win...
Paco where do you stay? I think me and some friends will pay you a visit the night before the game. You know, just go out and have some fun.. :twisted:

Rastak
11-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Rastak, even leaving You Know Who out of it...Paco's got a point...can you imagine how many games the Vikings would win if they had even one of their good quarterbacks of the past...say, Tommy Kramer or Rich Gannon?

Frerotte's been average so yea, they don't have a "good qb".

I said it last year many times, if "he who shall not be named" was in Minnesota last year they'd have won the damn division.

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Paco where do you stay? I think me and some friends will pay you a visit the night before the game. You know, just go out and have some fun.. :twisted:

hahaha im stayin at the Quality Inn & Suites, 321 South Washington St.

come on down if ya wanna have a few brews! We'll talk about my love for Kyle Orton haha!

BZnDallas
11-09-2008, 05:37 PM

I said it last year many times, if "he who shall not be named" was in Minnesota last year they'd have won the damn division.

hell, you could put "he who shall not be named" on any team in the division and that team probably wins it... haha...

Dabaddestbear
11-09-2008, 05:38 PM

I just watched that replay and it was thrown straight to him.

Nice return though.

Seemed like bad communication on that route. He ran that in route deeper than expected it seems.

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 05:38 PM

hell, you could put "he who shall not be named" on any team in the division and that team probably wins it... haha...

agree.. hes just a difference maker...

Dabaddestbear
11-09-2008, 05:40 PM

come on down if ya wanna have a few brews! We'll talk about my love for Kyle Orton haha!
yeah, we can play the Kyle Orton drinking game, in which you get so wasted that you cant make the game and therefore your damn good karma for the Packers winning will cease... :alc:

Pacopete4
11-09-2008, 05:41 PM

yeah, we can play the Kyle Orton drinking game, in which you get so wasted that you cant make the game and therefore your damn good karma for the Packers winning will cease... :alc:

haha, we'll see about that!