PDA

View Full Version : 12 games...

Tony Oday
04-04-2006, 11:31 PM
we lost by 8 points or less. I use 8 because of TD and 2 point conv.

Do we really need that big of an upgrade on our team? I was thinking about this today we were one big play or one drive away from being a good team.

SO does that mean we need defense? I dont think so though the LB corp and secondary could use upgrades.

Offense? Well the trenches need to be fixed because when that happens we can run the ball and that takes a guy out of coverage and lets favre make the throws he can make without having the preasure of winning the game with every play.

I just wish they would have payed the punk walker because man he would be a nice addition to our offense.

Patler
04-04-2006, 11:43 PM
we lost by 8 points or less. I use 8 because of TD and 2 point conv.

Do we really need that big of an upgrade on our team? I was thinking about this today we were one big play or one drive away from being a good team.

SO does that mean we need defense? I dont think so though the LB corp and secondary could use upgrades.

Offense? Well the trenches need to be fixed because when that happens we can run the ball and that takes a guy out of coverage and lets favre make the throws he can make without having the preasure of winning the game with every play.

I just wish they would have payed the punk walker because man he would be a nice addition to our offense.

Well, cosidering the average point difference in an NFL game is something like 4 points, I would say yes, GB is farther away than most from being a good team.

HarveyWallbangers
04-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Tony,

Good points. Knowing that the defense would be much improved, this team was not a 4-12 team talent wise. They were great, but they were NOT that bad. If you told me that Brett would come back, Javon would come back healthy, Ahman and the RBs would come back healthy, we'd sign Charles Woodson, and draft A.J. Hawk and a starting OG, I'd say that this team could contend for the division title in 2006. Right now, it's looking very unlikely that all of that will happen.

MJZiggy
04-05-2006, 07:45 AM
But some of it might.

KYPack
04-05-2006, 09:10 AM
The '05 team was a maddening outfit.

No Pro Bowlers, but close in most of their games.

One blow-out for (NO) and one against (Bal).

A defense that kept us in most games, but not a dominating outfit.

We were only 4 - 12, but teams went after all our UFA's in free agency.

'06 could go in almost any direction. I still hope for a killer draft and a quick recovery, but I have nagging fears of another total collapse.