PDA

View Full Version : Post game chat with Cleft Crusty (at Minnesota)

Cleft Crusty
11-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi Folks!

Long time no see. Old Clefty was in a coma for three weeks, but now that the diabetes is under control once more, and with a steady blood glucose level due to the miracle of Miglitol, I'm ready to handle the angry questions of the Packer faithful. FIRE McCARTHY!!! FIRE THOMPSON, FIRE CAMPEN!!!, FIRE SHERMAN!!! Clefty is here to handle all you intelligent and insightful questions and comments. I may be a bit slow as I have to finish watching on Tivo. Clefty was picking out his headstone earlier today and couldn't watch the entire game yet. Plan Ahead! That is the Cleft Crusty way. Fire away with your questions!

Brando19
11-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Why in the heck does McCarthy play so conservative at the end of the game? And why did he challenge the Adrian Peterson TD?

BallHawk
11-09-2008, 06:22 PM
What narcotics does Cleft suggest the rats use to take away the pain?

Joemailman
11-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Cleft, was that you playing left tackle for the Packers today?

MJZiggy
11-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Does it surprise you that while everyone expected the quarterback play to be a little iffy this season, it turned out to be the O-line instead?

Cleft Crusty
11-09-2008, 06:29 PM

I think you have to go with codeine - any respectable Packer fan would.

Cleft Crusty
11-09-2008, 06:29 PM
And why did he challenge the Adrian Peterson TD?

Desperate men do desperate things.

BallHawk
11-09-2008, 06:30 PM

I think you have to go with codeine - any respectable Packer fan would.

BallHawk admires your wit.

Cleft Crusty
11-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Does it surprise you that while everyone expected the quarterback play to be a little iffy this season, it turned out to be the O-line instead?

It's been a little of both. Rodgers was responsible for some of the sacks because of lack of blitz recognition. Clifton whiffing on blocks is inexcusable.

Cleft Crusty
11-09-2008, 06:32 PM

I have troubles, but I can still stay on my feet. And I play a hell of a mean game of pick up basket ball. I beat the crap out of recreational players and I don't care. I play to win. Did I mention that I can bench press 275?

MJZiggy
11-09-2008, 06:33 PM

I have troubles, but I can still stay on my feet. And I play a hell of a mean game of pick up basket ball. I beat the crap out of recreational players and I don't care. I play to win. Did I mention that I can bench press 275?

So that means you were playing center?

Brando19
11-09-2008, 06:47 PM

Are you Grady Jackson?

CaliforniaCheez
11-09-2008, 06:55 PM
1) In what order would you have the coaches and players line up for the floggings deserved for this crappy effort?

2) Do you still believe McCarthy's line, "We will watch the film and get it fixed" ??

3) Shouldn't everyone be happy a better run stopping MLB will be in the line up next week??

4) Why are the linebackers the most overpaid players on the roster??

5) Will you be cheering for Brett Favre in the playoffs??

6) Is going to prison as a murdering pedophile more embarassing than losing to the lowly purple slime or not?

7) Have any old "The Pack will be Back" bumper stickers??

Cleft Crusty
11-09-2008, 07:07 PM
1) In what order would you have the coaches and players line up for the floggings deserved for this crappy effort?

2) Do you still believe McCarthy's line, "We will watch the film and get it fixed" ??

3) Shouldn't everyone be happy a better run stopping MLB will be in the line up next week??

4) Why are the linebackers the most overpaid players on the roster??

5) Will you be cheering for Brett Favre in the playoffs??

6) Is going to prison as a murdering pedophile more embarassing than losing to the lowly purple slime or not?

7) Have any old "The Pack will be Back" bumper stickers??

1) Anyone associated with the offense. O-line coach, running back coach, QB coach, and every player on awfense. The Packer offense is not supposed to look like the Badgers. The Minnesota Gophers looked better against Michigan at the humptydome yesterday.

2) Never listen to Coachspeak. It is worthless. Judge coaches by W/L record - that's it.

3) Barnett has weakness, but you have to be joking.

4) Are the LBs overpaid?

5) I don't cheer for anyone. I just report. I don't enjoy any aspect of the game at all. I am a dispassionate, objective, analyst. In fact, I despise the game and the fact that I even have to watch it. It is a hateful job.

6) You need a reality check.

7) I am not fan

Gunakor
11-09-2008, 07:28 PM

You did see what happened on the very first snap after Barnett got injured, right? Or the first time the Vikings special teams returned a kick following the injury? Bishop may be a hitter, but he's got a ways to go before he'll be a solid MLB.

Speaking of this, has anyone heard any updates to Barnett's status? Will he be able to practice this week?

cpk1994
11-09-2008, 07:36 PM

You did see what happened on the very first snap after Barnett got injured, right? Or the first time the Vikings special teams returned a kick following the injury? Bishop may be a hitter, but he's got a ways to go before he'll be a solid MLB.

Speaking of this, has anyone heard any updates to Barnett's status? Will he be able to practice this week?There probably won't be any additional news until he checked out in GB tomorrow.

Cleft Crusty
11-09-2008, 08:11 PM

Speaking of this, has anyone heard any updates to Barnett's status? Will he be able to practice this week?

It seemed you were suggesting that Bishop was better than Barnett, since it looks like Barnett may miss at least a game. Looked like it wasn't more severe than an MCL.

Harlan Huckleby
11-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Why in the heck does McCarthy play so conservative at the end of the game? And why did he challenge the Adrian Peterson TD?

two excellent questions, grasshopper. McCarthy was fortunate he LOST that challenge, Vikings would have killed the clock. And that last series, where the run into the line twice to kick a long field goal - lame.

Deputy Nutz
11-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Should I be giggling during the game?

Cleft Crusty
11-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Should I be giggling during the game?

It depends on what you are doing. But it is not Clefty's job to pry into any personal matters. But if you mean to suggest the Packers' play is a comedy of errors, at least with respect to the offense, I have to agree.