PDA

View Full Version : Predict the rest of the season.

packers11
11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Predict the rest of the season.

Yes, I am doing this after a loss, I can't wait to see the doom and gloom posts! :lol:

I'll go first.

Chicago - W
@ NO - W
Carolina - L
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - W
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

Record : 9-7 Division Winner...

BallHawk
11-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Chicago - W
@ NO - W
Carolina - W
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - W
@ Chicago - W
Detroit - W

Packers win out. 11-5 and NFC North Champ.

And I'm serious.

channtheman
11-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Chicago - W
@ NO - L
Carolina - L
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - W
@ Chicago - W
Detroit - W

ehh we'll see. I can still hope we make the playoffs.

cpk1994
11-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Chicago - W
@ NO - W
Carolina - W
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - W
@ Chicago - W
Detroit - W

And I'm serious.I bleieve you. I also believe they could lose out as well. This team is impossible to predict at this point.

imscott72
11-10-2008, 08:32 AM

Yes, I am doing this after a loss, I can't wait to see the doom and gloom posts! :lol:

I'll go first.

Chicago - W
@ NO - W
Carolina - L
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - W
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

Assuming we don't fix the problems with penalties, stopping the run and tackling, which if they haven't been fixed at this point in the season, there's no reason to think they ever will be, I'll predict this:

Chicago - L
@ NO - W
Carolina - L
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - L
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

We can beat the teams that rely on the passing game (NO, Hou, Det), but the teams with the power runnings game will take us down.

BF4MVP
11-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Chicago - W
@ NO - W
Carolina - W
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - W
@ Chicago - W
Detroit - W

And I'm serious.
:glug:

packers11
11-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Jacksonville has a weak running game... 3 or 4 of their starting o-line is out for the year and they lost to one of the worst teams two weeks ago (Cinci). Jacksonville shouldn't be a problem. If the Packers can split with Chicago, they have a real good chance to take this division.

Tony Oday
11-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I see us winning every game the rest of the way out except for Houston...I don't know why but I see them lighting us up this year.

Partial
11-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Chicago - L
@ NO - L
Carolina - L
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - L
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

packers11
11-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Can't wait to see Paco's prediction... Let me guess... We lose out? :lol:

Mazzin
11-10-2008, 05:37 PM
If you honestly think we will lose to the Jags, you are insane.

I live like an hour from Jax. so they come on EVERYWEEK and have Mojo on my fantasy team (gives me a reason to watch) But they are GOD AWFUL.

:roll:

Gunakor
11-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Chicago - L
@ NO - L
Carolina - L
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - L
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

You think the Bears are going to win 4 straight against the Pack going back to last year?

I really hate using common opponents as a barometer, but Chicago has lost to the same teams we've lost to - Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Tennessee. They beat the Colts, we beat the Colts. We seem to be much to evenly matched to get swept by them. Any given Sunday, I know, but I don't see it happening.

My prediction:

Chicago - W
@New Orleans - L
Carolina - W
Houston - W
@Jacksonville - W
@Chicago - L
Detroit - W

9-7, and NFC North Champs. And then we get smoked by whichever NFC East team earns the first wild card in our first playoff game.

RashanGary
11-10-2008, 08:26 PM

I'll go first.

Chicago - W
@ NO - W
Carolina - L
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - W
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

I agree. The rest of the schedule looks better than the first part.

Dabaddestbear
11-14-2008, 03:34 AM
Chicago - L
@ NO - L
Carolina - L
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - L
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

You think the Bears are going to win 4 straight against the Pack going back to last year?

I really hate using common opponents as a barometer, but Chicago has lost to the same teams we've lost to - Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Tennessee. They beat the Colts, we beat the Colts. We seem to be much to evenly matched to get swept by them. Any given Sunday, I know, but I don't see it happening.

My prediction:

Chicago - W
@New Orleans - L
Carolina - W
Houston - W
@Jacksonville - W
@Chicago - L
Detroit - W

9-7, and NFC North Champs. And then we get smoked by whichever NFC East team earns the first wild card in our first playoff game.
Yeah, but the difference is the Bears lost those games by last second and minute scores. Only one game was lost by more than a field goal. An lost is a lost, but if you are going to compare the records against the teams they both played, then you must also look at how they played them.
Any I say

Chi-L
@N.O-L
Carolina-L
Houston-W
@Jacksonville-L
@Chi-W
Detroit-W

All games are barring injuries and the fact that the term "any given Sunday" means everything.

Deputy Nutz
11-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Chicago - L
@ NO - L
Carolina - L
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - L
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

This schedule is not very easy. The swing games are against Chicago. If the win those then the math says 8-8.

Badgerinmaine
11-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Chicago - W
@ NO - L
Carolina - L
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - W
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

I don't have a good feeling about the Saints game--they're undefeated at home this year.

Fred's Slacks
11-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah, but the difference is the Bears lost those games by last second and minute scores. Only one game was lost by more than a field goal.

How is that different than how we lost? Last 3 losses were by a combined 7 points. It's similar to your injury excuse. We've had our share of injuries too.

Gunakor
11-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Chicago - L
@ NO - L
Carolina - L
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - L
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

My prediction:

Chicago - W
@New Orleans - L
Carolina - W
Houston - W
@Jacksonville - W
@Chicago - L
Detroit - W

Yeah, but the difference is the Bears lost those games by last second and minute scores. Only one game was lost by more than a field goal. An lost is a lost, but if you are going to compare the records against the teams they both played, then you must also look at how they played them.
Any I say

Chi-L
@N.O-L
Carolina-L
Houston-W
@Jacksonville-L
@Chi-W
Detroit-W

All games are barring injuries and the fact that the term "any given Sunday" means everything.

Perhaps you missed how we've lost games. Loss to MN, late 4th qtr. scoring drive, capped by an Adrian Peterson TD rush with about 2 min. to go in the game. Loss to Titans, a 40+ yard game winning FG by Rob Bironas in OT.

We played the Titans better than you did, at their place no less. We played the Colts better, albeit at home. You guys played better against Atlanta and Tampa Bay. My point was that it was more or less a wash, and the two teams are fairly evenly matched. I see a series split with each team winning at home, and both should be very good games. The division will likely come down to the final week or two of the season.

gex
11-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Chicago - W
@ NO - L
Carolina - W
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - L
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

8-8, Unless we can beat Jax on the road(I thought they were better than what I've been hearing here @ PR)

Gunakor
11-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Chicago - W
@ NO - L
Carolina - W
Houston - W
@ Jacksonville - L
@ Chicago - L
Detroit - W

8-8, Unless we can beat Jax on the road(I thought they were better than what I've been hearing here @ PR)

Jacksonville lost both of their starting OG's. They can't really run the ball like they used to. Plus they lost Marcus Stroud to Buffalo in the offseason, so you can run on them a bit easier than in previous years. They really are not as good a team anymore.

wist43
11-15-2008, 01:45 PM
3-4 the rest of the way... 4-3 if they're lucky.