PDA

View Full Version : "lowly" dolphins have better record?

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2008, 03:25 AM
i woke up to cold sweats thnkn about this reality. thought it was a nightmare...

OH WHYYYY???

coachn?
d?
karma?
runnig game?

DAYUM

Tarlam!
11-10-2008, 03:44 AM
Parity.

It's what makes the NFL the greatest sporting league in the world.

Gunakor
11-10-2008, 01:21 PM
i woke up to cold sweats thnkn about this reality. thought it was a nightmare...

OH WHYYYY???

coachn?
d?
karma?
runnig game?

DAYUM

All of the above. The fish have perhaps the most dynamic RB combo in the NFL this year. They are better coached. They have the NFL sack leader in Joey Porter. Pennington isn't anything special, but a definite upgrade to what they had last year. Thier new Director of Football Operations has taken 4 teams to a combined 10 playoff appearances, including 2 Super Bowl wins.

While Green Bay has mostly the same players and coaches, the production out of those players and coaches has been plummeting. Looking at our roster, this is nearly the same team as last year. Looking at a stat sheet, this years Packer team is WAY different than last years. That falls both on the coaches AND the players, few of which have actually improved their game since last season.

Think of how many teams are saying the same thing you just said... "OMG the DOLPHINS have a better record than us!" We are not alone in that regard.

bobblehead
11-10-2008, 02:10 PM
who wants to bump that thread where we were discussing overrated coaches. Someone argued parcells with me. I know he ain't the coach, but the guy gets winning in the NFL.

Pacopete4
11-10-2008, 02:12 PM
who wants to bump that thread where we were discussing overrated coaches. Someone argued parcells with me. I know he ain't the coach, but the guy gets winning in the NFL.

Parcells is one the best ever at judging talent.. maybe the best ever to be honest

cheesner
11-10-2008, 02:42 PM

OH WHYYYY???

coachn?
d?
karma?
runnig game?

DAYUM
You could look at it like this:

We have the same record as SD - a team supposed to be a SB contender

We have 2x as many wins as Seattle - a team supposed to run away with the NFC West.

gex
11-10-2008, 05:03 PM

OH WHYYYY???

coachn?
d?
karma?
runnig game?

DAYUM

MOBB DEEP
11-11-2008, 03:07 AM

OH WHYYYY???

coachn?
d?
karma?
runnig game?

DAYUM

lol

sparano over atl's smith, zorn, harbaugh for COY?

th87
11-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Yes. Karma. I'm sure these universal forces care about a gazillionaire playing a kids' game.

If football made karmic sense, Favre would've won the Super Bowl last year and gone out a winner.

In today's NFL, you only get one shot.

packrulz
11-11-2008, 06:30 AM
One word: "Wildcat", is the reason the 'fins are winning. Nothing against ARod, but I wouldn't mind if M3 put in a few Wildcat plays, it is deceptive and has been working for other teams against good defenses.

cpk1994
11-11-2008, 06:38 AM
One word: "Wildcat", is the reason the 'fins are winning. Nothing against ARod, but I wouldn't mind if M3 put in a few Wildcat plays, it is deceptive and has been working for other teams against good defenses.And just whom in the RB stable cvould actually run these plays. THey have enough trouble running normal ones.

packrulz
11-11-2008, 06:46 AM
Oh, right, they all suck, why don't they just forfeit the games then.

cpk1994
11-11-2008, 06:49 AM
Oh, right, they all suck, why don't they just forfeit the games then.I didn't say they suck. I just don't believe that any of them could run the plays in the Wildcat. THe teams that run the Wildcat in the NFL have realy good backs who run those plays, like the Dolphins with Ronnie Brown. The Packers don't have a back like that.

mraynrand
11-11-2008, 11:59 AM
The Packer also have no pass rush. Er, the Dolphins have a guy who is pretty good at that.

The Packers suck donkey nuts in the trenches. That's the bottom line. But hey, we're still one victory ahead of Cleveland - and they crushed the Giants.

bobblehead
11-11-2008, 12:20 PM
One word: "Wildcat", is the reason the 'fins are winning. Nothing against ARod, but I wouldn't mind if M3 put in a few Wildcat plays, it is deceptive and has been working for other teams against good defenses.

I disagree...pennington is such a leader he has them all playing their asses off to make him a winner...what a dreamy guy.

bobblehead
11-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Oh, right, they all suck, why don't they just forfeit the games then.I didn't say they suck. I just don't believe that any of them could run the plays in the Wildcat. THe teams that run the Wildcat in the NFL have realy good backs who run those plays, like the Dolphins with Ronnie Brown. The Packers don't have a back like that.

you must be kidding...do I have to bump the thread where everyone was saying ryan grant was a top 5 back and needed to be paid by that tight ass TT??

mraynrand
11-11-2008, 03:06 PM

you must be kidding...do I have to bump the thread where everyone was saying ryan grant was a top 5 back and needed to be paid by that tight ass TT??

Someone said he was as good as LT. It must be due to the wonderful multiplier effect.

MOBB DEEP
11-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Parity.

It's what makes the NFL the greatest sporting league in the world.

QFT

MOBB DEEP
11-11-2008, 04:05 PM

Parcells is one the best ever at judging talent.. maybe the best ever to be honest

i say jimmy johnson; college and pros

Badgerinmaine
11-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Pennington has seemed to help, but don't let the, ahem, smoke get in your eyes: Ricky Williams is actually a useful NFL player for them again.

bobblehead
11-13-2008, 01:45 PM

Someone said he was as good as LT. It must be due to the wonderful multiplier effect.

yes, if you inject 5 million into his pocket the success of the entire team is multiplied because he will "create" yardage. In turn the OL will look better and get paid more thus raising the net wealth of the franchise.