PDA

View Full Version : Xmas is about family...

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 06:34 AM
In the black community. This is hard to watch. Another young soul crushed at the hands of his own laughing family. I would be a fuck-up too if this is how I was brought up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKwCQWjTyI0

mraynrand
11-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Hey, let's put it on You Tube so the whole world can share his tears!

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 06:49 AM
I'm sure his laughing male adult figure told him it was a lesson about the white man's world.

th87
11-10-2008, 07:01 AM
1. How is this race related? Check out this White dad scaring his White son:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59hBjTEx8mo

2. In the Xmas video, the description says that he eventually received the XBox - they were teaching him a lesson for peeking at the presents early. I still wouldn't condone that, nor do I know if that's true.

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 07:15 AM
I would say the difference is the entire family jubilantly taking part in the intentional emotional destruction of a child versus a dad thinking he's clever and showing his son a lame chain e-mail.

th87
11-10-2008, 07:21 AM
I would say the difference is the entire family jubilantly taking part in the intentional emotional destruction of a child versus a dad thinking he's clever and showing his son a lame chain e-mail.

...and laughing at his "emotional destruction".

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 07:39 AM
You're equating a child's Christmas to an e-mail? The second child also isn't surrounded by his family being continuously laughed at as he breaks down.

If you want to think the two videos are at all similar, I really can't stop you. When you take a look at the Milwaukee Public School and actually hear about the kids in it on an individual level, you realize the schools aren't failing. The families of these kids are failing on a massive scale and the same failing families are the one's expecting the schools to raise their kids for them. And you wonder how a family can fail a child so miserably and with such disregard for the future of the kid. Until you watch something like this.

th87
11-10-2008, 07:50 AM
You're equating a child's Christmas to an e-mail? The second child also isn't surrounded by his family being continuously laughed at as he breaks down.

If you want to think the two videos are at all similar, I really can't stop you. When you take a look at the Milwaukee Public School and actually hear about the kids in it on an individual level, you realize the schools aren't failing. The families of these kids are failing on a massive scale and the same failing families are the one's expecting the schools to raise their kids for them. And you wonder how a family can fail a child so miserably and with such disregard for the future of the kid. Until you watch something like this.

Both were emotionally scarring events. Both involved betrayal by a formerly-trusted entity. Both entities laughed while the child cried. Sure, there were more people present for the Christmas thing. Does that make one right and one wrong? No, they're both wrong. Both resulted in a child's breakdown. Therefore, both should be condemned.

You're implying some racial inherency here. As if Black people (they seemed half-white) all take pleasure in tearing down a kid. This just happens to be one instance of wayward parenting. How can that represent the entire demographic?

MPS' failures are a lot more complicated than simply bad parenting. As a former student, I could tell you that first-hand.

And if you believe the description of the video, the Christmas family was teaching the kid a lesson for peeking at the presents early. That still wouldn't make it right, but I'd think it'd soften the blow some.

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 08:18 AM
My point is that black low income families are failing their future generations at an astounding rate. Playing it off as not having to do with the culture of their race, which is conveniently downplayed or emphasized whenever needed, is doing a complete disservice to the problem.

I'm not saying all black people take pleasure in destroying their families. I'm saying disregard for family is a much bigger problem in black society than in others and seeing shit like this, no matter what the description says, helps understand why.

Sure, the school system has it's multitude of faults. That also makes it an easy scapegoat.

hoosier
11-10-2008, 09:15 AM
My point is that black low income families are failing their future generations at an astounding rate. Playing it off as not having to do with the culture of their race, which is conveniently downplayed or emphasized whenever needed, is doing a complete disservice to the problem.

I'm not saying all black people take pleasure in destroying their families. I'm saying disregard for family is a much bigger problem in black society than in others and seeing shit like this, no matter what the description says, helps understand why.

Sure, the school system has it's multitude of faults. That also makes it an easy scapegoat.

Are things any different in low income white families?

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 09:28 AM

From my experience, yes. It's also different in low income brown families. And yellow ones. I don;t know about eskimos though. I'll say it again, pretending apathy toward family in black society isn't a problem only serves to exasperate the problem and relieve responsibility from those who are allowing this sick, destructive trend to continue out of some twisted sense of political correctness.

Zool
11-10-2008, 09:31 AM

From my experience, yes. It's also different in low income brown families. And yellow ones. I don;t know about eskimos though. I'll say it again, pretending apathy toward family in black society isn't a problem only serves to exasperate the problem and relieve responsibility from those who are allowing this sick, destructive trend to continue out of some twisted sense of political correctness.

WTF are you doing posting something thats well thought out and actually accurate? Is your wife home from work today and on your PC?

GoPackGo
11-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Why are you having discussions like this in a 99% whitey forum? Grow a pair start this thread in a forum dominated by blacks
here's one...
http://betboards.bet.com/forums/35/ShowForum.aspx

mraynrand
11-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Why are you having discussions like this in a 99% whitey forum? Grow a pair start this thread in a forum dominated by blacks
here's one...

Are Ty Bigguns and MOBB DEEP over there?

Freak Out
11-10-2008, 09:45 AM
here's one...

Are Ty Bigguns and MOBB DEEP over there?

What! Those guys are black? I thought this was a racially pure Packer forum. :evil:

mraynrand
11-10-2008, 09:52 AM
here's one...

I prefer the dinner table.

MadtownPacker
11-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah that was kinda messed but why should kids feel like they need a $200 video game system to be happy? What does it have to do with being Black? When I was 11 I worked in the grapes over the summer and with some of that money I bought a brand new NES with a bunch of games. No one gave me a fucking expense gift and I lived.

This thread again proves skinbasket won way too many participation awards growing up. He doesnt understand what it is like to not get his way. Good thing he comes to PR to find out.

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah that was kinda messed but why should kids feel like they need a $200 video game system to be happy? What does it have to do with being Black? When I was 11 I worked in the grapes over the summer and with some of that money I bought a brand new NES with a bunch of games. No one gave me a fucking expense gift and I lived.

Way to totally miss the entire point on several counts.

This thread again proves skinbasket won way too many participation awards growing up. He doesnt understand what it is like to not get his way. Good thing he comes to PR to find out.

Ouch. What a stinging rebuke. Guess I'll have to serve some hard time to understand anything about life.

Partial
11-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I agree with Skin. That's pretty fucked up. Talk about publically embarrassing the kid.

MadtownPacker
11-10-2008, 11:47 AM

Ouch. What a stinging rebuke. Guess I'll have to serve some hard time to understand anything about life.I see your point and agree it was unnecessary but the fact the kid cried over an XBox is messed up in itself. The video isnt something I would do unless I was planning on really giving the gift later. The parents where asses doing it and more so for recording it and putting it online. Ghetto as hell if you ask me but it has nothing to do with being Black. That part of your point I dont get. This was about cruelty not color.

Hard time? Sounds like you already got your ass kicked by the Brotha man. If so I can understand your bitterness. I hope you get your revenge someday.

3irty1
11-10-2008, 12:02 PM

Ouch. What a stinging rebuke. Guess I'll have to serve some hard time to understand anything about life.I see your point and agree it was unnecessary but the fact the kid cried over an XBox is messed up in itself. The video isnt something I would do unless I was planning on really giving the gift later. The parents where asses doing it and more so for recording it and putting it online. Ghetto as hell if you ask me but it has nothing to do with being Black. That part of your point I dont get. This was about cruelty not color.

Hard time? Sounds like you already got your ass kicked by the Brotha man. If so I can understand your bitterness. I hope you get your revenge someday.

The xbox was disappointing for him no doubt but I don't think that's why he cried.

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 12:24 PM
I see your point and agree it was unnecessary but the fact the kid cried over an XBox is messed up in itself.

I don't think he was crying over the video game. I think he was crying because he was just betrayed by his family, who for the most part were either constantly mocking him with laughter, or telling him he's too poor for an xbox, which is probably why he got so excited to see the box in the first place. The fucking kid holds it together longer than I would expect any kid to considering it's either his dad, older brother, or some other witless fuck related to him in some way that keep laughing at him when you can tell the kid is hurt. Who cares why he's hurt? Kids that age want lots of shit they shouldn't/can't have. The fact is he is hurt, and on fucking Christmas, all he gets is people he's powerless against laughing in his face and telling him he was dumb for believing they could afford an xbox.

Ghetto as hell if you ask me but it has nothing to do with being Black. That part of your point I dont get. This was about cruelty not color.

They were black. It was an example of what I think is a problem in black society right now. I used the video to illustrate the point. I didn't come to that conclusion because of this video.

Fuck, with family like this, who needs to get revenge on anyone?

Through volunteering and my wife's work, I get to hear a lot of stories about what's happening in poor black families I simply don't hear coming out of white or Latino families in similar or same positions. I know the Hmong up north act like assholes, but they believe in family and supporting your own, not knocking them down and rubbing their broken little hearts in it. I would say maybe my experience is limited and skewed by my economic, social and racial make-up if it weren't supported by the media and the empirical evidence of hordes of black kids roaming the streets and shopping centers with guns and grills acting like fucking feral animals.

MadtownPacker
11-10-2008, 12:35 PM
They were black. It was an example of what I think is a problem in black society right now. I used the video to illustrate the point. I didn't come to that conclusion because of this video.

I would say maybe my experience is limited and skewed by my economic, social and racial make-up if it weren't supported by the media and the empirical evidence of hordes of black kids roaming the streets and shopping centers with guns and grills acting like fucking feral animals.Funny that you know a lot of Black families that are like these people. All the Black homies I knew growing up would have stolen the Xbox for their lil bro or kid if they couldnt buy it. Not saying they all did just that they felt that strongly about family.

As for kids roaming the malls with guns, guess what, only the White ones are pulling them out and shooting everyone in site.

mraynrand
11-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Who Hmong us is without sin?

Freak Out
11-10-2008, 12:55 PM
I sense a social worker closeted inside of skin.....not a fag like some think but a liberal, compassionate social worker yearning to get out and help the downtrodden in our society. Go for it baby.....your time is now.

LL2
11-10-2008, 01:02 PM
I don't think the cruelty has anything to do with color. There is plenty of white trash out there that treat their kids like crap. I have a freind that I've known for 20 years, and he was treated like crap many times by his dad. Once when he was around 10 years old on his birthday his dad told him to go out to the front porch, and that he had something out there for him. My wife had been wanting a new bike so that is what he was hoping it was. Instead there was a shovel waiting for him. His birthday is in December and it snowed that day and his dad wanted him to shovel the driveway. He never got the bike or anything for his brithday. A new shovel was what he got. Another time his dad punched him in the face and broke his glasses. He had to go around with brokern taped up glasses until his dad bought him a new pair. He had many other bad childhood experience, and later in life he told his dad he was an fing a-hole. Chewed his dad out pretty good. He even gave his dad a list of the things he hated him for. In the end his dad apologized for everything and they have a good relationship. So, I do not think it's a racial thing.

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Goddamn it you fucking queers! I already told ya'll the video is not meant to show that cruelty is exclusive to blacks. Only to show an example of why I think there's so many fucked up black kids pouring right through the public schools right now and into the streets. Because this is what they get at home. This is the level of responsibility, compassion and family connection in an alarmingly high number of poor black families. Families that are now more familiar with the terms "baby's daddy," "bitch," and "nigger" than "father," "girlfriend," and "friend."

But there's no problem with the poor urban black community. Or at least you can keep telling yourselves that because you're afraid someone will think you're racist for saying otherwise.

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 01:17 PM
I sense a social worker closeted inside of skin.....not a fag like some think but a liberal, compassionate social worker yearning to get out and help the downtrodden in our society. Go for it baby.....your time is now.

Would you like to see my dream?

Freak Out
11-10-2008, 01:56 PM

Bring it.

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 02:59 PM

Bring it.

See the Homo attack thread in the GC, but imagine half of them black and another quarter of them brown.

Then drop Retail naked into the middle of the pool.

Freak Out
11-10-2008, 03:36 PM

Bring it.

See the Homo attack thread in the GC, but imagine half of them black and another quarter of them brown.

Then drop Retail naked into the middle of the pool.

Are you sure that's not really his dream? He and Mad did stay together..... :lol:

Iron Mike
11-10-2008, 05:45 PM

I'll say it again, pretending apathy toward family in black society isn't a problem only serves to exasperate the problem and relieve responsibility from those who are allowing this sick, destructive trend to continue out of some twisted sense of political correctness.

I think you meant to write "exacerbate the problem," but I'm still feelin' ya, dawg.

How about some cold, hard facts?

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2000/usa/Rcedrg00-01.htm

One in three black men between the ages of 20 and 29 was either in jail or prison, or on parole or probation in 1995.

http://dhs.wisconsin.gov/health/InjuryPrevention/pdffiles/ViolentDeathreport.pdf

The homicide rate of black males in Wisconsin in 2004 is 20 times the homicide rate of white males in Wisconsin in 2004.

Questions, comments???

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 06:14 PM
I think you meant to write "exacerbate the problem," but I'm still feelin' ya, dawg.

Nice catch. Spell check will be the undoing of our civilization.

Zool
11-10-2008, 06:15 PM

Nice catch. Spell check will be the undoing of our civilization.

Grammar check?

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Hand check!