PDA

View Full Version : scoring...

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
not talkn about them hotties...

the giants are leading the nfl in scoring and the jets are 2nd.

who knows where pack ranked last year?

Pacopete4
11-10-2008, 04:26 PM
not talkn about them hotties...

the giants are leading the nfl in scoring and the jets are 2nd.

who knows where pack ranked last year?

haha Mobb, dont u know.. Brett has nothing to do with that! It's their great defense and other offseason pickups.. favres just another player over there!

Rastak
11-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Man, you guys are relentless...Mad is a patient guy.

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2008, 04:56 PM
man, i wish folks would acknowledge how tt ruined an era or at least be honest with themselves. they dissed favre/3 time mvp/fan fav/successful, fun guy and for what? ego? my god, u play to win the game and entertain the fans. favre is loved b/c how he ENTERTAINS the average joe. why would tt wrecck that chemisrty and essence? screw the $, protocol, and saving face! that part of the whole deal effects my life zilch. i wanna see brett carrying driver after a bomb! im not sure how ratioinal people can not long for that after seeing him throw snowballs in a game THIS YEAR!! not like im waxing nostalgic ya know?! intangibles gone!

DAYUM!!!

ted (infamy) thompson

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2008, 04:57 PM

FOOTBALL TALK on a piublic forum!!!

who's REALLY hurt by this??

channtheman
11-10-2008, 05:09 PM

FOOTBALL TALK on a piublic forum!!!

who's REALLY hurt by this??

I wonder if you actually believe what you say? You know this stuff has been discussed to death and that bringing up Favre in a post like yours is just flame bait. For whatever reason, there is a lot more of it this week though.

gex
11-10-2008, 05:14 PM
man, i wish folks would acknowledge how tt ruined an era or at least be honest with themselves. they dissed favre/3 time mvp/fan fav/successful, fun guy and for what? ego? my god, u play to win the game and entertain the fans. favre is loved b/c how he ENTERTAINS the average joe. why would tt wrecck that chemisrty and essence? screw the $, protocol, and saving face! that part of the whole deal effects my life zilch. i wanna see brett carrying driver after a bomb! im not sure how ratioinal people can not long for that after seeing him throw snowballs in a game THIS YEAR!! not like im waxing nostalgic ya know?! intangibles gone!

DAYUM!!!

ted (infamy) thompson
QFT

Zool
11-10-2008, 06:06 PM

DAYUM!!!

ted (infamy) thompson

How about saying that Sherman ruined the mans last remaining prime years by reaching for shit in FA and the draft? How about 4th and 28? If you're going to start pointing fingers how about saying that Sherman couldnt draft a WR to save his life and he basically wasted the early-mid 30's of Bretts career with Ahman Green (most yards from scimmage for a 3 year span) and a top 5 O-line all setup.

Stop with your shit Mobb. All the baiting around here after a loss never seems to happen after a win. Come back and tell me why you think that might be after you get done ripping Sherman a new one.

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2008, 06:50 PM

DAYUM!!!

ted (infamy) thompson

How about saying that Sherman ruined the mans last remaining prime years by reaching for shit in FA and the draft? How about 4th and 28? If you're going to start pointing fingers how about saying that Sherman couldnt draft a WR to save his life and he basically wasted the early-mid 30's of Bretts career with Ahman Green (most yards from scimmage for a 3 year span) and a top 5 O-line all setup.

Stop with your shit Mobb. All the baiting around here after a loss never seems to happen after a win. Come back and tell me why you think that might be after you get done ripping Sherman a new one.

u must not have been around at JSO or dont remember lil ol me. i was quite possibly the BIGGEST sherman basher! likewise i WENT OFF on favre for his carelessness but once he had the year he had last year (2nd in MVP voting)....

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2008, 06:55 PM

DAYUM!!!

ted (infamy) thompson

but i honestly respect u zool so if u say im being a jerk i will TRY hard to refrain from making folk angry or watever. xcept KY

Zool
11-10-2008, 08:09 PM

DAYUM!!!

ted (infamy) thompson

but i honestly respect u zool so if u say im being a jerk i will TRY hard to refrain from making folk angry or watever. xcept KY

It wasnt aimed just at you, but you do make more threads on weeks where the Pack lose. It's a common theme here that bothers me. You're good for the board Mobb, just ease back on the same old same old threads.

I don't remember who was in the boat with me at JSO, but I was a staunch PSL hater. I just dont see the same with Thompson as a whole. The guy needs someone new scouting his OL picks, but the guy is building a good team with a bunch of cap room and no contracts that are killers if the salary cap is gone in 2 years.

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Im pretty sure jets are leading now (passing cards and nyg). at least until sunday

MadtownPacker
11-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Mobb, take your over-pigmented ass back to the Favre thread and quit bumping these pieces of crap.

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Mobb, take your over-pigmented ass back to the Favre thread and quit bumping these pieces of crap.

ha ha ha

Tony Oday
11-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Ill just give you my take Mobb. Favre is like a hot ex-girlfriend that you broke up with, you only remember the good times when she is gone and not the reasons you dumped her. He is a really good QB right now when he plays within a system and has a running game because then he feels like he doesn't have to live up to his own legend and that is when he plays the best. Recently however he has failed to deliver for the Packers in big games with crucial turnovers and the like.

Would I rather have had Favre not retire and play this year? I don't know. I really like the way AR is playing and if the OL can give him 3 seconds he can pick apart defenses, what he is struggling with in my mind is not having 16 years of film study and experience to audible out of a play.

Right now Favre is not a good fit for how this team is built. This team is not a Super Bowl built team unless second year starters really step up and thus far they haven't. I think Favre is happier were he is because he would have gotten murdered behind this OL.

prsnfoto
11-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Ill just give you my take Mobb. Favre is like a hot ex-girlfriend that you broke up with, you only remember the good times when she is gone and not the reasons you dumped her. He is a really good QB right now when he plays within a system and has a running game because then he feels like he doesn't have to live up to his own legend and that is when he plays the best. Recently however he has failed to deliver for the Packers in big games with crucial turnovers and the like.

Would I rather have had Favre not retire and play this year? I don't know. I really like the way AR is playing and if the OL can give him 3 seconds he can pick apart defenses, what he is struggling with in my mind is not having 16 years of film study and experience to audible out of a play.

Right now Favre is not a good fit for how this team is built. This team is not a Super Bowl built team unless second year starters really step up and thus far they haven't. I think Favre is happier were he is because he would have gotten murdered behind this OL.

WHY it is the same shitty line he had the last two years. On a side note I think people forget how bad the Jets line was the first 5 games they might have been worse than ours but they are gellin now.

BF4MVP
11-14-2008, 09:57 AM
WHY it is the same shitty line he had the last two years.
Yeah, it was Ryan Grant's same line too and he hasn't been able to do shit behind it either. Anyone can see that the line played much better last season..The pass blocking was very good all season, and the run blocking got going after midseason..

Hell, the line has played well some games this year too, and not coincidentally, Rodgers has played very well when he has actually had time to throw..

I'm not saying that he couldn't make quicker decisions sometimes, but for Christ's sake, the Vikings' linemen and linebackers were in the backfield faster than Rodgers dropped back to pass...Worst pass blocking I've ever seen.

cpk1994
11-14-2008, 10:30 AM

DAYUM!!!

ted (infamy) thompsonI wish you would acknowledge that Favre dissed the orgainization on live TV. Threw coaches under the bus. For what? All becuase Favre was no longer being put on a pedistal. This is a two way street.

MOBB DEEP
11-14-2008, 11:04 AM
[quote=Tony Oday] He is a really good QB right now when he plays within a system and has a running game because then he feels like he doesn't have to live up to his own legend and that is when he plays the best

this may be possible actually

understand that my feelings are that i think the same success and excitement the pack provided us last season could have been continued this year; thats why folks were SO happy he decided to unretire (there was alot of promise ya know?!)

i guess its sort of a selfish thing. i dont care as much about tt, drafts picks, people who i dont knows' bruised egos, the org, or the "future" (its ALL uncertain anyway). i care about tryn to duplicate what happend earlier this year so I can be happy and ENTERTAINED RIGHT NOW (selfish). i dont have the commitment to the pack org to the point im thinkn about the team's status in 2011 (i might be home with the Lord by then).

like ive posted before, i firmly believe that both pack and favre would be havn better years right now if they had reconciled. of course thats opinion we'll NEVR know and im ALMOST at peace with that (harder for some). at least im over my dad never coming to my football games - he he

KYPack
11-14-2008, 05:01 PM

Very glad to be xcepted.

You screwed up, Mobb.

You let me know I bother ya.

If it pisses you off, it tickles me pink.

Quit bumping threads and change your low rent, low class sig.

Gunakor
11-15-2008, 10:51 AM

WHY it is the same shitty line he had the last two years. On a side note I think people forget how bad the Jets line was the first 5 games they might have been worse than ours but they are gellin now.

Stop looking at a roster list and start looking at a stat sheet. These are the same players we had on the line last year, true enough, but they are not playing nearly as well. Perhaps that has a little bit to do with Rodgers, granted, but even with Favre back there, this OL unit we have been fielding is NOT playing as well this year as they were last year. Same players, but shittier play. Just because they have the same names does not mean they are giving the same production. Odds are great that we'd be seeing the 2006 Favre rather than the 2007 Favre had we traded Rodgers instead, and Rodgers would be having even greater success behind a much more solid OL.

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 11:21 AM

Very glad to be xcepted.

You screwed up, Mobb.

now, wats wrong with my sig exactly??? its supposed to be sorta humorous and is from a text that was circulating amongst black folk

i was just talkn tho like i tend to do sometimes just to entertain myself;you dont upset me (i havnt been upset on a forum since 2001 at JSO before i gained some perspective). was "excepting" u b/c i remember u pouncing on me when i said kris jenkins was a BEAST (i believe during the jets/card game when he blocked a FG). i was correct OF COURSE and clearly u hadnt been watching the games closely like i had been and i FELT LIKE u were just tryn to be contrary for watever reason

i dig much of what u post btw but kentucky sucks but b/c im black i love seeing the colonel in ur avatar; wheres the watermelon tho?- he he

BLACK POWER!

KYPack
11-15-2008, 11:56 AM

Very glad to be xcepted.

You screwed up, Mobb.

now, wats wrong with my sig exactly??? its supposed to be sorta humorous and is from a text that was circulating amongst black folk

i was just talkn tho like i tend to do sometimes just to entertain myself;you dont upset me (i havnt been upset on a forum since 2001 at JSO before i gained some perspective). was "excepting" u b/c i remember u pouncing on me when i said kris jenkins was a BEAST (i believe during the jets/card game when he blocked a FG). i was correct OF COURSE and clearly u hadnt been watching the games closely like i had been and i FELT LIKE u were just tryn to be contrary for watever reason

i dig much of what u post btw but kentucky sucks but b/c im black i love seeing the colonel in ur avatar; wheres the watermelon tho?- he he

BLACK POWER!

I pounced because you made two comments.

1. was that Jenkins was a beast and having AP season. At the time, he was inactive for one game, a non-factor in 2 games and tore the joint up in a game. I said Jenkins wasn't having an AP year. because he had yet to show he could make the field and play at a consistent level. The guy is a bitch when he plays, but he's at a that stage where getting on the field is harder than actually playing. I saw him have the good game, but I saw him play average, also. That was probably a case of him getting back into form

Since, he has tore ass up and either him or James Harrison are the 2 best defenders I've seen this season. Well, good luck to him. He has played great.

2. You posted that the Packers had one sure loss in their future schedule. Indy. BC Tony Dungy is such a "wily mentor" he would surely out-coach and out-fox our poor fat irishman, Mike McCarthy. I called you on that one before we played 'em. That was definitey no sure loss and it wasn't. We beat Tony and his lads.

I'm sure Mike McCarthy's Emerald Isle elan trumped Tony's African American heritage in that one. Wait, actually, it probably didn't have a goddamned thing to do with it.. Two guys coached their teams and one team won and the other lost.

You were right as rain about Kris Jenkins. Why not keep bring up how far off you were in your Indy prediction?

I imagine because you got one right and the other wrong.

That's cool, I'd probably do the same thing. But you are doing just that. Trumpeting your ability to "predict the future" (or whatever)and ignoring your errors. Human nature & all.

Your sig?

Yeah, that pisses me off. An African American won the election and is the President of the US. This is good for the country and a great moment in history.

"Paint the White house black?" I know it's a joke, but I think it's bullshit and disrespectful. Why not win with some class? That sentiment rubs me the wrong way, maybe I'm being a crabby bastard.

When Kennedy won, we were't running around yelling "paint the WH Green"!, ya know?

Favre?

Got traded, don't play here anymore.

He's getting his mail in NY. Wish all the ex-Packers luck, but don't really pay 'em a lotta mind.

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 12:11 PM
You were right as rain about Kris Jenkins. Why not keep bring up how far off you were in your Indy prediction?

When Kennedy won, we were't running atround yelling "paint the WH Green"!, ya know?

yeah, i didnt see that indy game coming. perhaps i was going off of their recent success...

i believe, like a poster in the "13-3" thread said, if we palyed them now the outcome would be different

funny u should mention my man jfk (LOVE HIM)

this guy at my gym (actually a black republican) called Obama "the Black Kennedy" lol

KYPack
11-15-2008, 05:01 PM

When Kennedy won, we were't running atround yelling "paint the WH Green"!, ya know?

yeah, i didnt see that indy game coming. perhaps i was going off of their recent success...

i believe, like a poster in the "13-3" thread said, if we palyed them now the outcome would be different

funny u should mention my man jfk (LOVE HIM)

this guy at my gym (actually a black republican) called Obama "the Black Kennedy" lol

Well, I'm done here.

Your Indy pick? Lay off road dogs when you are picking, that's always a good rule.

JFK and Obama? Similar guys. Young Senators who didn't do shit in the Senate, but good looking, charismatic speakers. JFK was given no shot bc he was a Irish Catholic. Obama had obstacles to jump, too.

You wanna paint the White House half black, eh?

I'd use it for the trim. You do it in a checkerboard deal, there'll be more hell over it than just a little bit.

Ask Keyshawn for advice. Evidently, he's in the home decorating biz, now.