PDA

View Full Version : That Favre Magic

gex
11-10-2008, 04:54 PM
He has totally amazed me with his ability to take another sinking organization and turn them into a competitive and fun to watch franchise.

Man, we could use someone with the "it" factor like him around this team!

imscott72
11-10-2008, 04:58 PM
:beat:

sheepshead
11-10-2008, 05:00 PM
look who made this!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIoMeibJW6o

Tony Oday
11-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Yeah Thomas Jones and the O line has nothing to do with it...

mraynrand
11-10-2008, 05:02 PM
He can also get rid of those pesky red wine stains - and I've tried EVERYTHING!

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2008, 05:03 PM
He has totally amazed me with his ability to take another sinking organization and turn them into a competitive and fun to watch franchise.

WHATS SO HARD ABOUT ACKNOWLEDGING THE "IT" i wonder!?

jordan, bird, kg, montana, brady...

favre aint even playn that well "stats" wise but have them tied for first b/c of "it"

BOW DOWN - j/k

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2008, 05:06 PM

point taken

but when u talk about the "it" it presupposes that the whole is impacted by the part my man..

one love

gex
11-10-2008, 05:07 PM

WHATS SO HARD ABOUT ACKNOWLEDGING THE "IT" i wonder!?

jordan, bird, kg, montana, brady...

favre aint even playn that well "stats" wise but have them tied for first b/c of "it"

BOW DOWN - j/k

Just like Parcells knows how to win in the NFL, so does Brett Favre!

That my friend is called having "it" 8-)

channtheman
11-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Do we need this topic? We all know that sure we can discuss any other teams QB but this is basically flame bait.

gex
11-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Do we need this topic? We all know that sure we can discuss any other teams QB but this is basically flame bait.

I think it is worth discussing why and how some players/coaches have that drive in them that just makes everybody around them want to win a little more. Maybe they see how much it means to them when they win and they will do anything they can to make that happen for him.

mraynrand
11-10-2008, 05:14 PM
is "it" the "gut"

BallHawk
11-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Note to trolls:

You starting a troll thread and then pretending it's a valid topic and worth discussing is laughable, if not pathetic.

gex
11-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Note to trolls:

You starting a troll thread and then pretending it's a valid topic and worth discussing is laughable, if not pathetic.

Quit hating.
If you don't like it, don't read it.
What important for some, might not be important to others.

BallHawk
11-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Note to trolls:

Quit hating.
What important for some, might not be important to others.

Creating these shit threads bumps down topics which are actually worth discussing and have a valid point or thought to them.

Post in the Favre thread. That's what it's for, to prevent this shit.

Bretsky
11-10-2008, 06:48 PM

Sounds like you are making an argument for the utilization of Free Agency :lol:

Zool
11-10-2008, 06:50 PM

They actually traded for Jones.

Bretsky
11-10-2008, 07:06 PM

They actually traded for Jones.

How about the OL ?

packinpatland
11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
It's in the genes.
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1185&CID=874700

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2008, 07:24 PM
It's in the genes.

frickn wow!

gex
11-10-2008, 07:39 PM
It's in the genes.
Awesome

MadtownPacker
11-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Note to trolls:

Quit hating.
What important for some, might not be important to others.Fine but how many threads do you need to make? I call bullshit on your stupid act. Chill your shit out before you get put on ice.

MOBB DEEP
11-11-2008, 03:26 AM
i like bretts advice "be humble and work hard"

Tarlam!
11-11-2008, 04:57 AM
Note to trolls:

What BallHawk said.

cpk1994
11-11-2008, 06:16 AM

And throw a temper tantrum like a 4 year old girl when you don't get your way.

GrnBay007
11-11-2008, 06:58 AM
It's in the genes.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to watch another Favre become a superstar in the NFL? :D

Nice article PIPL, thanks for posting it.

mraynrand
11-11-2008, 08:40 AM
"A few hours later, Dylan Favre etched his name into the record books by completing 23 of 35 passes for 358 yards and five touchdowns in a 42-27 Rock-A-Chaws win over Poplarville."

Dammit, I had 50 bucks on Poplarville. I guess I didn't learn my lesson - never bet against Favre.

GrnBay007
11-11-2008, 08:43 AM
:mrgreen:

Zool
11-11-2008, 08:47 AM
I saw we draft the kid and ship him off somewhere else just to irk people here.

GrnBay007
11-11-2008, 08:52 AM
I saw we draft the kid and ship him off somewhere else just to irk people here.

Zool--> :butt:<--007

cpk1994
11-11-2008, 09:32 AM
I saw we draft the kid and ship him off somewhere else just to irk people here. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-11-2008, 04:33 PM
OF COURSE folks are startn to ask if the pack would be doing better if favre was there

wish i could start a poll here but im scared

can someone else do it?

btw, eric allen said yes "because of his experience during this time of the year" while golic retorts no "because aaron's the 5th rated QB/only 5 ints"

Zool
11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
OF COURSE folks are startn to ask if the pack would be doing better if favre was there

can someone else do it?

btw, eric allen said yes "because of his experience during this time of the year" while golic retorts no "because aaron's the 5th rated QB/only 5 ints"

Its completely impossible to know this and we know how pretty much everyone here feels about the situation.

Deputy Nutz
11-11-2008, 05:30 PM

can someone else do it?

Don't want to be "put on ice".

I hat to admit it, but Mad should pull the trigger on that assclown, how much of his stupid bullshit do we have to take?

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Fine but how many threads do you need to make? I call bullshit on your stupid act. Chill your shit out before you get put on ice.

Stop picking on us Favre Fans. Hater.

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2008, 07:32 PM

I'm confused, was Madtown threatening to give him a vasectomy?

MOBB DEEP
11-11-2008, 07:40 PM

can someone else do it?

I hat to admit it, but Mad should pull the trigger on that assclown, how much of his stupid bullshit do we have to take?

lol, wifey and i think "asclown" is mad hilarious...

gex
11-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Damn, rough crowd here for opinions that differ from the norm.
I'll try not to think independently anymore and fall in line with everyone else.

I started 2 threads, 1 about having the "it" factor that has been discussed in many other threads but did not have its own thread.

2nd one was a poll asking if our general manager should or should not be welcomed back at years end. I like voting polls and wish more posters would take the time to start them.

My concern is with posters who jump on a thread they dont agree with and start with the name calling, like troll, retard, tank and other things that keep casual readers who's opinion might differ from their own from ever posting here. (Just look at who actually does the name calling in these threads)

Sorry :oops:

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2008, 08:37 PM
(Just look at who actually does the name calling in these threads)

you got that right, bro. it's always the haters, they can't stand that we've stuck by Brett Favre because of all he's done for the Packers.

Rastak
11-11-2008, 08:43 PM

you got that right, bro. it's always the haters, they can't stand that we've stuck by Brett Favre because of all he's done for the Packers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vintage HH, go HH go!

Bretsky
11-11-2008, 09:19 PM

frickin flipper; must be a democrat :wink:

Seriously, this stuff can go in the Favre thread

I've always leaned to be pro Favre as I use to fight with cpk, Shadow etc........but this mojo is getting sickening enough to the point of me hardly looking at the Favre thread I really use to enjoy.

Deputy Nutz
11-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Is it possible that this forum just created a new buzz word in reflection to bringing something down, or ruining it, its been "Tanked". I know, I know.

SnakeLH2006
11-12-2008, 01:42 AM
look who made this!:

Wow that shit just inspired me. Very happy shit indeed. Just magic indeed. LOL. Good stuff bro. Personally I don't mind the thread much as if someone made a TT thread so chill out all, jeez. It's magic! Splendid post!

Personally the Snake don't troll as I like Brett, TT (overall), and Arod, but some hate them all and try to make funny ass remarks, so maybe I'll make a GC thread with this dude's name on it, but he's on 13 so I'm lax with the young'ens as they don't know any better or know when they are a troll in EVERY aspect. This ain't my fight as I just seen this, but as a Headshot Rat I had to step in for the better cause:

Just know CPK....I know you hate that I (and many have and do) have relations with your mom, but we want to see you graduate athough you have a bit to go with your temper tantrums, too. You are a big guy now (at 13) but we are sick of your constant trolling and dumb ass posts weekly on PR, as those folks are grown men and women and don't appreciate being insulted by a tad like you. I know you are mad we don't let you have sugar cookies before bed, and you are upset I've been staying over late nite with your mom, but you have to learn that kids at school don't like you or ANYONE on PR so you need to just chill and keep the really stupid comments at bay before I (and many others on here) give you a slap to make you consider your insignificant role in society (which is damn nil). Shut your mouth son. You've railed against EVERY side from TT, Brett, M3, Murphy, players, posters, etc. JUST SHUT THE HELL UP and hey do 10 Hail Mary's and get back to the adult posters and we'll be OK. U SUCK!

Personally, the Snake is on many forums online currently other than this one, and a MOD on 2, yet can't believe this tool is allowed to post, yet give our Mod's props cuz of free speech, so props to you mods, Zool, Bretsky, Madtown, etc. for letting everyone have a clear line of speech and still giving your takes..you guys rock. This dude just sucks though. Lesson: I went way off the path to do you and everyone else a favor, CPK shut the fuck up. End post.

cpk1994
11-12-2008, 06:28 AM
look who made this!:

Wow that shit just inspired me. Very happy shit indeed. Just magic indeed. LOL. Good stuff bro. Personally I don't mind the thread much as if someone made a TT thread so chill out all, jeez. It's magic! Splendid post!

Personally the Snake don't troll as I like Brett, TT (overall), and Arod, but some hate them all and try to make funny ass remarks, so maybe I'll make a GC thread with this dude's name on it, but he's on 13 so I'm lax with the young'ens as they don't know any better or know when they are a troll in EVERY aspect. This ain't my fight as I just seen this, but as a Headshot Rat I had to step in for the better cause:

Just know CPK....I know you hate that I (and many have and do) have relations with your mom, but we want to see you graduate athough you have a bit to go with your temper tantrums, too. You are a big guy now (at 13) but we are sick of your constant trolling and dumb ass posts weekly on PR, as those folks are grown men and women and don't appreciate being insulted by a tad like you. I know you are mad we don't let you have sugar cookies before bed, and you are upset I've been staying over late nite with your mom, but you have to learn that kids at school don't like you or ANYONE on PR so you need to just chill and keep the really stupid comments at bay before I (and many others on here) give you a slap to make you consider your insignificant role in society (which is damn nil). Shut your mouth son. You've railed against EVERY side from TT, Brett, M3, Murphy, players, posters, etc. JUST SHUT THE HELL UP and hey do 10 Hail Mary's and get back to the adult posters and we'll be OK. U SUCK!

Personally, the Snake is on many forums online currently other than this one, and a MOD on 2, yet can't believe this tool is allowed to post, yet give our Mod's props cuz of free speech, so props to you mods, Zool, Bretsky, Madtown, etc. for letting everyone have a clear line of speech and still giving your takes..you guys rock. This dude just sucks though. Lesson: I went way off the path to do you and everyone else a favor, CPK shut the fuck up. End post.Always the classy one. I don't take orders from a pathetic little punk like you. I sure as hell don't give a fuck that you are a mod on other boards. I will, and have, taken in part in good debate on this forum, but when I see someone trolling, I will call tham out on it. Especially those who freely admit they are a troll(Pacopete). As for you, I find it hypocritcal that you make this poost as you are just as guilty of trolling and shit stirring as anybody else. You need to practice what you preach little boy. That said, you aren't worth my time anymore. End Post.

bobblehead
11-12-2008, 01:15 PM

I have to admit I am impressed. He has gotten this team on the right track despite those fricking recievers running a league leading 12 wrong routes. No other team in the NFL has that many wrong routes run!!!

MOBB DEEP
11-12-2008, 04:22 PM

I have to admit I am impressed. He has gotten this team on the right track despite those fricking recievers running a league leading 12 wrong routes. No other team in the NFL has that many wrong routes run!!!

lol; u cats....

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2008, 10:48 PM
yeah, Lord Favre def has "IT" out the wah zoo...!!!!

jets 4-12 last year pack 13-3

Freak Out
11-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Favre = $$$

Bretsky
11-13-2008, 10:53 PM
:wow: :wow:

digitaldean
11-13-2008, 11:36 PM
caught parts of the game online at nfl.com/live.

What I did see was a controlled Favre. He hit his receivers esp. Keller who had a clutch game.

But here's an honest question... would Favre have been able to transcend the horrible O-line play, abandonment of the run game by MM, or the sieve-like run defense? Highly unlikely.

I am pulling for Favre to do well. The better the Jets do, the better pick we'll get.

Bretsky
11-13-2008, 11:49 PM

What I did see was a controlled Favre. He hit his receivers esp. Keller who had a clutch game.

But here's an honest question... would Favre have been able to transcend the horrible O-line play, abandonment of the run game by MM, or the sieve-like run defense? Highly unlikely.

I am pulling for Favre to do well. The better the Jets do, the better pick we'll get.

my view is his experience would have allowed him to effectively make some audibles and make some plays for that offense. I also think he has a better feel for when the pass rush is coming. It's safe to say that I'd have a lot more views to debate your highly unlikely view. Either way we'll never know.

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2008, 11:53 PM
we'll never know. DARNIT!!!

Dabaddestbear
11-14-2008, 03:17 AM
Well we had Jones and a solid O-line and that didnt make the Bears successful in the same light offensively. Give the man his props. I do, especially since he is no longer a Packer..lol :twisted:

chain_gang
11-14-2008, 07:16 AM

my view is his experience would have allowed him to effectively make some audibles and make some plays for that offense. I also think he has a better feel for when the pass rush is coming. It's safe to say that I'd have a lot more views to debate your highly unlikely view. Either way we'll never know.

I have a somewhat different view, but similar in ways to both of yours. In my opinion having Favre on our team at it's current state, would not mean our record would be any better or that he'd be a lot more successful. As far as taking less sacks, yes I can pretty much guarantee it. However, we would would have a bunch more turnovers as the result of INT's. While Favre would not being as much he'd still have a ton of pressure to deal with. And Favre being pressured has never really amount to a ton of sacks, but it has caused the turnover in bunches games. I think we end up with more big plays on offense, but we end up being about even on our turnover differential this year, instead of the plus 7(I believe that's right) that were at now. I believe, that we have around the same record with Brett Favre at QB, as we do with Rodgers right now. I'm not trying to bash either QB, it's just I think our problems right now are bigger than at the QB position.

dissident94
11-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Well I think we do know we would have a better record with Favre. One time in 15-16 years with Green Bay we had a losing record. That year was a complete fluke since we had Samkon Gado and Taco Wallace playing.

If you give Favre a few legit NFL players around him and you will always have a winning record. His years in the league prove it. He made many mediocre players look better. Same thing for Jordan and other one of a time players. THey make everyone around them better. That is what makes them great.

I can't believe we are even debating this. One of the best Qbs ever. Has won with every team that he has been on besides one. Rodgers has played 1/2 year and hasn't proved crap. BUt we are saying we wouldn't be better with Favre. Come one and wake up

lod01
11-14-2008, 10:10 AM

The O-line would not 'look that bad' if Favre was back there. It is the same OL as last year is it not?

red
11-14-2008, 10:45 AM
its becoming more and more clear to me that brett brought a something special to this team that many of us can't figure out or understand. but its clear that there was something about him. was it the laid back attitude, was it the child like love for the game, was it his drive to win? i don't know, but just looking at the mood and attitude of the team makes you think that something major has changed from last year to this year. this year they have come out many times and looked flat, they don't have that killer instinct to put the game away when they have the chance. last year they seemed to have that extra pep and drive.

did he make them want to play harder? did they feel they had to work harder?who knows, but the attitude of this team has gone down the shitter this year

and when you look at the jets and see them playing so much better, you got to wonder

and its just not the qb play, because rodgers is having a better year then brett stat wise. but there has to be something else that brett brought, and some of us are starting to figure that out

and it makes me more pissed that TT and MM ran him out of town

dissident94
11-14-2008, 11:07 AM
First stats lie. Stats don't show the presnap reads and changes at the line a QB like Manning, Brady and Favre(recently) can do. Stats do not show field awareness. Rodgers has good stats. BUt he lacks the playmaking ability that Favre has. He doesn't take enough chances either.

To me there should be no debate. A qb who has more wins than any other Qb ever. Has had only 1 losing season with 5th string players around him. We would have more wins this year. No doubt.

But for some reason no recievers are open this year. Loot at jsonline blog where the writer is talking about how Rodgers even in training camp couldn't find guys open and looked horrible.

dissident94
11-14-2008, 11:11 AM
And I am not ripping on Rodgers. I am rooting for him. I hope he turns great. After the first two games he looked awesome. BUt reality might be settling in. He is starting to look more and more like Kyle Boller or Joey harrington. I hope not. BUt that is a possibility.

Hopefully he turns it around against the Bears.

Harlan Huckleby
11-14-2008, 11:22 AM
its becoming more and more clear to me that brett brought a something special to this team that many of us can't figure out or understand. but its clear that there was something about him. was it the laid back attitude, was it the child like love for the game, was it his drive to win? i don't know, but just looking at the mood and attitude of the team makes you think that something major has changed from last year to this year. this year they have come out many times and looked flat, they don't have that killer instinct to put the game away when they have the chance. last year they seemed to have that extra pep and drive.

did he make them want to play harder? did they feel they had to work harder?who knows, but the attitude of this team has gone down the shitter this year

and when you look at the jets and see them playing so much better, you got to wonder

and its just not the qb play, because rodgers is having a better year then brett stat wise. but there has to be something else that brett brought, and some of us are starting to figure that out

and it makes me more pissed that TT and MM ran him out of town

Beautifuly spoken, red. Brett Favre was not only a great football player, he was a wonderful human being. He made everyone around him better, both as players and as people. The holes that have been left on our roster and in our hearts are wounds that will never heal.

I share your rage at TT and MM, but lets not be vengeful. Their ultimate punishment will not be for us to decide. Just take some comfort in the old adage, "What goes around, comes around. "

SkinBasket
11-14-2008, 12:15 PM
http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/Funny/BabySlap.gif
I share your rage at TT

Harlan Huckleby
11-14-2008, 12:54 PM
you will never know the grace of being a Favre Fan, hater

cpk1994
11-14-2008, 01:46 PM

and it makes me more pissed that TT and MM ran him out of town Brett ran Brett out of town. Brett is responsible for where he is at becuase he couldn't COMMIT to the team. The big temper tantrum he threw becuase he wasn't put above the team made sure he would never be with the team.
But, TT & MM did not run Brett out of town. That is a crock of BS.

dissident94
11-14-2008, 02:01 PM
The may not have ran him out, but they didn't do enough to keep him

In any business people with special abilities get perks. We didn't do that with Favre because I believe they thought they would be better off without him. Well we are not. Lets man up and admit it.

Hey we will get a draft pick though so it can be traded dow 5 times and we can be the youngest team in the NFL again. Especially after Clifton and Tauscher are gone.

red
11-14-2008, 02:55 PM

and it makes me more pissed that TT and MM ran him out of town Brett ran Brett out of town. Brett is responsible for where he is at becuase he couldn't COMMIT to the team. The big temper tantrum he threw becuase he wasn't put above the team made sure he would never be with the team.

is it common for other teams to put a deadline on the face of their franchise for him to make up his mind? i remember a lot of bigger named guys retiring well after brett did, even on the eve of camp. to give him a deadline to make up his mind is what was BS in my book. guys like sapp and strahan waited until the last minute because they couldn't make up their minds, just like brett

and then when he figures out he made a mistake, he says he wants to come back. MM says the team has moved on, no thanks. then he tells him he can come back but a-rod is the starter, no competition.

they tried to force him to stay retired, he wanted to play. the packers no longer wanted him, so he demanded to be released so he can still play

they could have let come back, and maybe things would be better. but they didn't want him back, so now TT and M3 have to sleep in the bed they made.

and i'll tell you right now, if a player made a massive mistake that cost the team many games, they would be cut. will the gm and coaches be held to those same standards?

cheesner
11-14-2008, 03:04 PM

is it common for other teams to put a deadline on the face of their franchise for him to make up his mind? i remember a lot of bigger named guys retiring well after brett did, even on the eve of camp. to give him a deadline to make up his mind is what was BS in my book. guys like sapp and strahan waited until the last minute because they couldn't make up their minds, just like brett

and then when he figures out he made a mistake, he says he wants to come back. MM says the team has moved on, no thanks. then he tells him he can come back but a-rod is the starter, no competition.

they tried to force him to stay retired, he wanted to play. the packers no longer wanted him, so he demanded to be released so he can still play

they could have let come back, and maybe things would be better. but they didn't want him back, so now TT and M3 have to sleep in the bed they made.

and i'll tell you right now, if a player made a massive mistake that cost the team many games, they would be cut. will the gm and coaches be held to those same standards?
Favre met with MM when he did come back. Brett was welcomed into the building. In the 5 hr meeting, MM came away with the impression that BF's heart was not in the Packers. He was way to emotional about things and MM (not TT) decided that it was in the team's best interest to not have his attitude on the team.

Perhaps if BF was allowed back on the team he would have straightened out and concentrated on football and his teammates would have accepted him. Perhaps he would have played as well for us as he is for the jets. We will never know. I suspect our record would be about the same if he had played for us.

Partial
11-14-2008, 03:11 PM
You know what the only issue that should matter is? The football operations staff is in place to make the Packers win as many games as possible. Even if they don't like Brett, isn't it their obligation to a publicly owned franchise to put their feelings aside and play the best guys?!?

red
11-14-2008, 03:13 PM
when they finally had their 5 hour meeting it was well after favre had informed the team he still wanted to play, the team so no we moved on. he had asked to be released then, they had said no. the team had accused him a saying and doing a few things in the media, that brett didn't agree with

so yeah, when they met he was probably pretty pissed. the team that he gave his heart and soul for, for a decade and a half was at the time shitting all over him

you can't just pick up a story half way through it and say this is the way things happened. you have to tell the whole story

SkinBasket
11-14-2008, 04:40 PM
you can't just pick up a story half way through it and say this is the way things happened. you have to tell the whole story

So then I put it in and she said, "No! Not there!" She did hesitate for a moment however, and then relented. "I mean, I've never tried that before." A sigh later and we were in business.

Who says you need the whole story?

bobblehead
11-14-2008, 04:50 PM

So then I put it in and she said, "No! Not there!" She did hesitate for a moment however, and then relented. "I mean, I've never tried that before." A sigh later and we were in business.

best post of this entire thread.

packerbacker1234
11-14-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't think it would even be a question of "if" the packers would be better with Favre then Rodgers.

Everyone points to all the pressure AR is getting, and the lack of a run game. How Favre at best has the packers right where they are now.

Excuse me: 10 of 11 starters returned from last season on offense, the lone missing part is #4.

So, if Favre took that offense to 13-3 last season, what would be the difference this year, outsid eof RYAN GRANT starting from the get go. Something tells me they would of been even better overall then last season's offense.

But hey, what do I know right? It's so obvious that Favre would play worse then AR has this season despite playing with the exact same offensive roster that he palyed like a MVP in last year.

It's more apparent to me with AR that the mistakes you expect first year starters to make are hurting the offense.

- He holds on to the ball too long.
- He's afraid to made mistakes.
- He doesn't have a good feel for the pash rush.
- He doesn't make quick enough decisions.

This is not AR's fault: These are expected issues. All I know is watching Favre last night single handidly beat NE and take over first place on the road made me go: "That could of been GB."

We could of had #4. Say what you want about Favre being too emotional and bailing on the packers, but what did you expect? FOr a full month prior to reinstatement, the packers tried their best to keep him retired. So, how is Favre suppose to commit 100% to the packers when...

- He is not guarenteed to be the starter, despite placing second in MVP votes last year and getting hte packers to the NFC championship game.
- The packers wanted him to make a decision before the draft. He was in a crappy mood over his final pass as a packer, the retirement was to be expected at that time.
- The packers spent the entire month prior to the reinstatement telling favre to stay retired. That they moved on.
- TT and MM commited to AR, and as Favre and Family said themselves, ever since AR was drafted there wasn't much support from management to make favre not want to retire.

So, excuse me. He made the mistake of retiring early, but it was the packers originzation (specifically TT), that caused the rift with #4 playing in GB, not Favre. When you spend an entire month telling him not to come back,a nd he does anyways, of course he is not commited to the team that told him they didn't want him to come back.

red
11-14-2008, 05:16 PM
nice post pb1234

well said

Fred's Slacks
11-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Please, everybody stop talking about the only difference from last year to this year is #4. That is extremely over simplified. I agree that Favre is better at checking at the line and feeling out the blitz and getting the ball out of his hand, but you will never convince me that the pass protection this year is just as good as last year. The most important position behind QB is LT. Besides week 1 and week 7(colts) Clifton has been a shell of himself. Combine that with Well's poor play and you've got problem in pass protection that didn't exist last year. Even Tauscher has had poor games. Favre may have handled it better but I don't think we'd be 8-1 with him under center. One other thing that fails to get mentioned is the total collapse of the run defense. Bad run defense = bad ball control = no rhythm on offense. And what about the penalties. We are the most penalized team in the league. Did Rodgers commit all the penalties? No. It's not as simple as "We replaced Favre with Rodgers and now we're 4-5."

Partial
11-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Did you see Favre dodging, dipping, ducking, diving and dodging the pass rush? NE's pass rush was relentless last night as well, and like a savy vet he managed to make things happen.

Do you all not remember us cursing the line for weeks 1-8 last year? They were awful.

packinpatland
11-14-2008, 05:42 PM
nice post pb1234

well said

I agree with most of the post.,.............but not this statement....

"Favre last night single handidly beat NE"
The Jets as a team played pretty well last night. Can't ignore that run back by Washington. If they had played the whole game like they played the first half, I'd have been able to go to bed alot earlier.

arcilite
11-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Did you see Favre dodging, dipping, ducking, diving and dodging the pass rush?

No.. not really.

Fred's Slacks
11-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Did you see Favre dodging, dipping, ducking, diving and dodging the pass rush? NE's pass rush was relentless last night as well, and like a savy vet he managed to make things happen.

Do you all not remember us cursing the line for weeks 1-8 last year? They were awful.

I didn't notice that. Not saying it didn't happen. I did see him take a few sacks.

All the complaining last year was about the run game and a couple games where Colledge couldn't do anything. The pass protection was never this bad last year.

red
11-14-2008, 06:07 PM
maybe last year brett reminded each lineman in the huddle to block during that play

packinpatland
11-14-2008, 06:09 PM
maybe last year brett reminded each lineman in the huddle to block during that play

:lol: :lol: :lol: We're not talking high school here, these are/were paid professionals!

Sammy4Pack
11-14-2008, 06:42 PM
We could of had #4. Say what you want about Favre being too emotional and bailing on the packers, but what did you expect? FOr a full month prior to reinstatement, the packers tried their best to keep him retired. So, how is Favre suppose to commit 100% to the packers when...

- He is not guarenteed to be the starter, despite placing second in MVP votes last year and getting hte packers to the NFC championship game.
- The packers wanted him to make a decision before the draft. He was in a crappy mood over his final pass as a packer, the retirement was to be expected at that time.
- The packers spent the entire month prior to the reinstatement telling favre to stay retired. That they moved on.
- TT and MM commited to AR, and as Favre and Family said themselves, ever since AR was drafted there wasn't much support from management to make favre not want to retire.

So, excuse me. He made the mistake of retiring early, but it was the packers originzation (specifically TT), that caused the rift with #4 playing in GB, not Favre. When you spend an entire month telling him not to come back,a nd he does anyways, of course he is not commited to the team that told him they didn't want him to come back.

You forgot:

-The bribe they offered for him to stay retired.

Great post

packinpatland
11-14-2008, 06:46 PM
That wasn't a 'bribe'........he was going to sell T-shirts or something. :lol:

The Shadow
11-14-2008, 06:46 PM

Bingo! Right on the money. He has no one to blame but himself.

Bretsky
11-14-2008, 07:02 PM

Bingo! Right on the money. He has no one to blame but himself.

I'm way beyond the blame game; that has been rehashed over and over and over and over and over and over.

Besides the blame game I completely agree with Red

packinpatland
11-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Twice in 24 hours, this has to stop...........but B...........I agree.

MJZiggy
11-14-2008, 07:22 PM

Granted I only had the game on for a little while after the half, but what I saw was Brett get sacked on 2 successive plays, lose over 20 yards and go 3 and out. Then I stayed for another series in which they went 3 and out so I went to bed.

Bretsky
11-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Granted I only had the game on for a little while after the half, but what I saw was Brett get sacked on 2 successive plays, lose over 20 yards and go 3 and out. Then I stayed for another series in which they went 3 and out so I went to bed.

Well please stop watching him so we secure a better draft pick :!:

MJZiggy
11-14-2008, 07:25 PM
:lol:

gex
11-14-2008, 08:16 PM

You forgot:

Great post

Welcome to the forum Sammy
I agree also.

Partial
11-14-2008, 08:56 PM

Right, it happens... The Jets offensive line is not any better than the Packs imo. Favre just knows how to make things happen in the clutch. Part of that whole hall of famer, best quartterback ever sort of thing :lol:

Bretsky
11-14-2008, 09:09 PM

Right, it happens... The Jets offensive line is not any better than the Packs imo. Favre just knows how to make things happen in the clutch. Part of that whole hall of famer, best quartterback ever sort of thing :lol:

WOW

The Jets OL is WAY better than the Packers right now IMO

Partial
11-14-2008, 09:26 PM

WOW

Eh, thats debateable. Ferguson has been a dissapointment and is light in the ass. I'd take Clifton over him. Clifton had a bad game last week but otherwise has been alright in pass protection. Much like Clifton, both are average run blockers are best. Do you think Ferguson is that much better than Clifton at Pass Protection?? I don't think so. And neither is very good at run blocking imo.

Colledge has improved this year and Faneca hasn't been anything special as far as I know. Maybe a slight advantage when running the ball with Fanny, but Colledge has been our most consistent OL and is performing quite well according to the coaching staff ( or so I've read here ).

They have a huge advantage at center of Mangold over our munchin Scotty Wells.

The right side of our line is very solid, so unless theirs is borderine spectacular I don't see much of an advantage their imo.

Favre was getting bum rushed pretty hard last night. The difference is he stands in the pocket and makes things happen.

red
11-14-2008, 09:29 PM

you would, pussy

Fosco33
11-14-2008, 09:31 PM
I believe Favre was one of the fewest sacked QBs last year... that's due to his ability to brush off pass rushers and just make plays (quick release, shotgun formations

Can't compare Pack '07-Pack '08 or Pack '08 to Jets '08 in terms of Oline performance and sacks.

In '07, he was sacked just 15 times (already 19 with the Jets in a half season). For comparison, Rodgers has been sacked 21 times this year...

That's just how Favre stays healthy (and knowing how to fall properly).

Can't teach that really.

MJZiggy
11-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Well if it weren't for the Minny game Rodgers would have a sack number around, like 5. That was just dreadful...

Partial, did you just use the words Colledge and consistent in the same sentence? While he is more consistent than he was, that still doesn't add up to consistency.

Harlan Huckleby
11-14-2008, 10:15 PM

you would, pussy

The blame game is the part I agree with. Oh ya, and I agree Bretsky is a pussy.

Bretsky
11-14-2008, 10:37 PM

WOW

Eh, thats debateable. Ferguson has been a dissapointment and is light in the ass. I'd take Clifton over him. Clifton had a bad game last week but otherwise has been alright in pass protection. Much like Clifton, both are average run blockers are best. Do you think Ferguson is that much better than Clifton at Pass Protection?? I don't think so. And neither is very good at run blocking imo.

Colledge has improved this year and Faneca hasn't been anything special as far as I know. Maybe a slight advantage when running the ball with Fanny, but Colledge has been our most consistent OL and is performing quite well according to the coaching staff ( or so I've read here ).

They have a huge advantage at center of Mangold over our munchin Scotty Wells.

The right side of our line is very solid, so unless theirs is borderine spectacular I don't see much of an advantage their imo.

Favre was getting bum rushed pretty hard last night. The difference is he stands in the pocket and makes things happen.

Ferguson is probably a better run blocker in that system that Clifton is in the ZBS.

Mangold is better than Wells
Woody is better then Spitz

Faneca is WAY better than Colledge

If Favre had the GB wide receivers and the Jets offensive line it'd by scary

KYPack
11-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Woody is better then Spitz

The young Damien Woody was a good player.

The Woody of 2008 is hanging on by a thread.

I'd take Spitz, altho he's been erratic this year.

Alan Faneca is unreal, espec. for his age.

Fred's Slacks
11-14-2008, 10:56 PM

I don't know alot about Ferguson, but you're being way to kind to Clifton. He played well week 1 and week 7. I wasn't able to watch the Seahawk game week 6 so I can't comment on how he did in that game. I think he played okay against Dallas and Tenn. He was terrible against Atlanta, Tampa and this week against MN. Even the Detriot game was sub par for him.

GBRulz
11-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Well if it weren't for the Minny game Rodgers would have a sack number around, like 5. That was just dreadful...

He was sacked more against Dallas than Minny. He's had a few 4 and 5 sack games this year. TT better spend some money for an OL next year or this 67 million dollar contract will be a waste.

GBRulz
11-14-2008, 11:18 PM

You forgot:

Great post

Great post PackerBacker and Sammy...welcome to PR !

Bretsky
11-14-2008, 11:28 PM

Opponents have 21 sacks against the Packers; weren't you lecturing somebody else for not having their facts in a row a couple weeks ago
:wink:

Per the radio three games Rodgers was sacked four times or more, and his QB rating in those games is around 55. No bueno.

Fosco33
11-15-2008, 12:00 AM
I believe Favre was one of the fewest sacked QBs last year... that's due to his ability to brush off pass rushers and just make plays (quick release, shotgun formations

Can't compare Pack '07-Pack '08 or Pack '08 to Jets '08 in terms of Oline performance and sacks.

In '07, he was sacked just 15 times (already 19 with the Jets in a half season). For comparison, Rodgers has been sacked 21 times this year...

Can't teach that really.

Come on, B... 8-)

Gunakor
11-15-2008, 11:49 AM
If Favre had the GB wide receivers and the Jets offensive line it'd by scary

IMO, the same could be said for Rodgers. Instead of shipping our WR's to NY, pretend NY's OL were here in Green Bay with Rodgers under center and our WR's split wide. How good would we be then?

CaliforniaCheez
11-15-2008, 12:06 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/11/14/2008-11-14_confident_jets_team_feels_it_can_go_real.html

There's a reason why the Jets - the first-place Jets - believe anything is possible in what has become a potentially magical season.

"You get into the huddle and you look into No.4's eyes and you know you're going to have a chance to win," Leon Washington said late Thursday night after the Jets' gut-wrenching win (if there is such a thing) over the Patriots.

Brett Favre's eyes have been leading teams for nearly two decades, and now the Jets (7-3) - winners of four straight - are under his spell. He probably had them at "hello," upon his arrival in August, but his penchant for delivering in the clutch has instilled a rare and growing confidence in a team that hasn't felt this good about itself in a few years.

"We brought him here to lead this team to wherever we need to go," Jerricho Cotchery said Friday, some 17 hours after the 34-31 overtime classic.

Favre completed nine of his last 11 passes against the Patriots, directing a 67-yard touchdown drive in the fourth quarter and a 64-yard field-goal march on the first possession of overtime. It was the third time in the last four games that he had led a late scoring drive that won or sealed an outcome. That doesn't include the game in Oakland, where the Jets tied the game in the final minute of regulation only to lose in overtime.

That's the kind of stuff that can carry a team a long way. Save for the undefeated Titans, whom the Jets face on the road in eight days, the AFC is wide open. Now that they've cleared the psychological hurdle of beating the Patriots (6-4), who knows where it will end?

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Rodgers even in training camp couldn't find guys open and looked horrible.

thats news to me....

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 01:18 PM

i think u're a virgin he he

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 01:32 PM

spot on...

i was watchn him esp close in the pocket b/c many posters and talkn heads have been talkn about rodger's pocket presence being sub-par. on MANY of his completions cats were all around him (his legs and in his face) and he remained poised. it was incredible. on the 3rd and 15 completion to Killer Keller in overtime the saavy was evident for sure

after one completion vrabel (after getn a good hit on Lord) looked like dayum, wat do we have to do to stop this guy?!

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Did you see Favre dodging, dipping, ducking, diving and dodging the pass rush?

No.. not really.

u're blind then. take off those dark sun glasses

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 02:03 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/11/14/2008-11-14_confident_jets_team_feels_it_can_go_real.html

There's a reason why the Jets - the first-place Jets - believe anything is possible in what has become a potentially magical season.

"You get into the huddle and you look into No.4's eyes and you know you're going to have a chance to win," Leon Washington said late Thursday night after the Jets' gut-wrenching win (if there is such a thing) over the Patriots.

Brett Favre's eyes have been leading teams for nearly two decades, and now the Jets (7-3) - winners of four straight - are under his spell. He probably had them at "hello," upon his arrival in August, but his penchant for delivering in the clutch has instilled a rare and growing confidence in a team that hasn't felt this good about itself in a few years.

"We brought him here to lead this team to wherever we need to go," Jerricho Cotchery said Friday, some 17 hours after the 34-31 overtime classic.

Favre completed nine of his last 11 passes against the Patriots, directing a 67-yard touchdown drive in the fourth quarter and a 64-yard field-goal march on the first possession of overtime. It was the third time in the last four games that he had led a late scoring drive that won or sealed an outcome. That doesn't include the game in Oakland, where the Jets tied the game in the final minute of regulation only to lose in overtime.

That's the kind of stuff that can carry a team a long way. Save for the undefeated Titans, whom the Jets face on the road in eight days, the AFC is wide open. Now that they've cleared the psychological hurdle of beating the Patriots (6-4), who knows where it will end?

that ol' favre magic

LETS GOOOOOOO...!!!

Deputy Nutz
11-15-2008, 02:56 PM

Opponents have 21 sacks against the Packers; weren't you lecturing somebody else for not having their facts in a row a couple weeks ago
:wink:

Per the radio three games Rodgers was sacked four times or more, and his QB rating in those games is around 55. No bueno.

Ouch!

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 06:00 PM
favre is 7-1 in OT games...

Fred's Slacks
11-15-2008, 06:07 PM

I think I remember the 1 loss. I think it was a fairly important game. :wink:

I know, I know. He got us that far. He's a great QB. I hope Rodgers gets a chance to do that.

red
11-15-2008, 06:08 PM
i don't think i like your avatar

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 06:16 PM

LOL...touche' :(

Fred's Slacks
11-15-2008, 06:18 PM
i don't think i like your avatar

Why Not? I changed it just for you Dwight... I mean Red.

red
11-15-2008, 06:19 PM
so that's how it's going to be

Bretsky
11-15-2008, 10:05 PM

Can't teach that really.

Come on, B... 8-)

Lots of truth to this; much of the reason Favre has been sacked so much this year is earlier he did not have command of the offense. He's getting better with that but he'll never have the command of the Jets offense he did with GB.

SnakeLH2006
11-16-2008, 12:35 AM

Personally, the Snake is on many forums online currently other than this one, and a MOD on 2, yet can't believe this tool is allowed to post, yet give our Mod's props cuz of free speech, so props to you mods, Zool, Bretsky, Madtown, etc. for letting everyone have a clear line of speech and still giving your takes..you guys rock. This dude just sucks though. Lesson: I went way off the path to do you and everyone else a favor, CPK shut the fuck up. End post.Always the classy one. I don't take orders from a pathetic little punk like you and I OWN this board. To say I don't is asinine cuz I still post and have not gotten banned and have no fucking idea what it will take to ban a dumbfuck troll like me. I sure as hell don't give a fuck that you are a mod on other boards. I will, and have, taken in part in good debate on this forum, but when I see someone trolling, I will call tham out on it. Especially those who freely admit they are a troll(Pacopete). As for you, I find it hypocritcal that you make this poost as you are just as guilty of trolling and shit stirring as anybody else. You need to practice what you preach little boy. That said, you aren't worth my time anymore. End Post.

Am I classy..YES. (as if you are the administrator of class you 1 track (trolling) class retard. You missed classiness in your sleep CPK. You really really need to give it a rest. Do you know what a troll is Internet-wise cuz you are the ONLY one on this board? Obviously not as YOU are the SOLE TROLL (aka nothing EVER to contribute....we all have agendas and yours is to troll).

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion

Are you not that? Yep you are, I the Snake may post topics/posts that illicitate a response to my/or against my view, to illiciate an intelligant response...you troll (CPK) have 0 allies (name one...go ahead and name anyone that says CPK is a good or solid poster)...Yep. Just stop posting. I try to make some opinions come forth, I state my own, and give others a chance to match or trump it. You just state asinine comments to TROLL this board. You are the biggest troll I've seen on 5 boards I post on (2 I Mod and would kick you from). Thank god for you these mods are AWESOME peeps and keep you on here, but it would be best (as you've NEVER posted ANYTHING EVER that is worthwhile) to just stay away...You've angered too many decent posters with your jibberish and hate. Do you EVER post ANYTHING intelligent...all you got is hate remarks. Go to bed son. You are history.

And yeah this is you..Thank god your mom is SO gracious with the deepthroats or I wouldn't have seen this picture in your trailer park hanging on the trailer wall you abysmal punk. You have NO allies or friends on here so give it up. You are the shittiest poster on ANY of the 5 forums I'm on (many will agree on here). You NEVER have anything good to say about the Packers (TT, M3, MM, players, posters, etc.) and just suck from lack of intelligence obviously. Just die and you prob. won't leave unless you are kicked (and I'd love to kick you in the head as I'm a real 6-6" 235 to rail your bitch ass in..ask me in PM as I'll give you my real home adress and do EVERYONE a favor and kick your ignorant teeth in...I'd love it and so would EVERY solid poster on PR). Here's you pic. You are ugly and stupid. But we all knew that.

CPK=Worst Troll EVER in the History of Internet Boarsds easily:

http://tinypic.com/68ymhs.jpg

cpk1994
11-16-2008, 06:52 AM

and i'll tell you right now, if a player made a massive mistake that cost the team many games, they would be cut. will the gm and coaches be held to those same standards?SUre they set a deadline. But do you think they would actually have held him to it if he just told them "I haven't made up my mind yet"? Hell no. THey wouold have looke extremely bad. Using the deadline as an excuse is pure bullshit.
Also, you left out the part weher Brett asked the fist time and was allowed but changed his mind AGAIN and said he was retired. IF you want the whole story don't leave out the parts that don't fit your agenda.
The forcing to stay retired is also BS. They simply reminded him of the deal that was on the table the day he "retired". Should they have? Probably not, but live and learn.
Finally, M3 and TT will be held accountable when they make a massive mistake, however trading Favre is not a massive mistake. The only ones who think its a massive mistake are the Favre jock sniffers who refuse to look at the long term picture of the team.

cpk1994
11-16-2008, 07:00 AM

Personally, the Snake is on many forums online currently other than this one, and a MOD on 2, yet can't believe this tool is allowed to post, yet give our Mod's props cuz of free speech, so props to you mods, Zool, Bretsky, Madtown, etc. for letting everyone have a clear line of speech and still giving your takes..you guys rock. This dude just sucks though. Lesson: I went way off the path to do you and everyone else a favor, CPK shut the fuck up. End post.Always the classy one. I don't take orders from a pathetic little punk like you and I OWN this board. To say I don't is asinine cuz I still post and have not gotten banned and have no fucking idea what it will take to ban a dumbfuck troll like me. I sure as hell don't give a fuck that you are a mod on other boards. I will, and have, taken in part in good debate on this forum, but when I see someone trolling, I will call tham out on it. Especially those who freely admit they are a troll(Pacopete). As for you, I find it hypocritcal that you make this poost as you are just as guilty of trolling and shit stirring as anybody else. You need to practice what you preach little boy. That said, you aren't worth my time anymore. End Post.

Am I classy..YES. (as if you are the administrator of class you 1 track (trolling) class retard. You missed classiness in your sleep CPK. You really really need to give it a rest. Do you know what a troll is Internet-wise cuz you are the ONLY one on this board? Obviously not as YOU are the SOLE TROLL (aka nothing EVER to contribute....we all have agendas and yours is to troll).

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion

Are you not that? Yep you are, I the Snake may post topics/posts that illicitate a response to my/or against my view, to illiciate an intelligant response...you troll (CPK) have 0 allies (name one...go ahead and name anyone that says CPK is a good or solid poster)...Yep. Just stop posting. I try to make some opinions come forth, I state my own, and give others a chance to match or trump it. You just state asinine comments to TROLL this board. You are the biggest troll I've seen on 5 boards I post on (2 I Mod and would kick you from). Thank god for you these mods are AWESOME peeps and keep you on here, but it would be best (as you've NEVER posted ANYTHING EVER that is worthwhile) to just stay away...You've angered too many decent posters with your jibberish and hate. Do you EVER post ANYTHING intelligent...all you got is hate remarks. Go to bed son. You are history.

And yeah this is you..Thank god your mom is SO gracious with the deepthroats or I wouldn't have seen this picture in your trailer park hanging on the trailer wall you abysmal punk. You have NO allies or friends on here so give it up. You are the shittiest poster on ANY of the 5 forums I'm on (many will agree on here). You NEVER have anything good to say about the Packers (TT, M3, MM, players, posters, etc.) and just suck from lack of intelligence obviously. Just die and you prob. won't leave unless you are kicked (and I'd love to kick you in the head as I'm a real 6-6" 235 to rail your bitch ass in..ask me in PM as I'll give you my real home adress and do EVERYONE a favor and kick your ignorant teeth in...I'd love it and so would EVERY solid poster on PR). Here's you pic. You are ugly and stupid. But we all knew that.

CPK=Worst Troll EVER in the History of Internet Boarsds easily:

http://tinypic.com/68ymhs.jpgNope not gonna do it.

Just gonna let the hypocisy that you clearly display show how big of a pathetic asclown you truly are. :crazy:

dissident94
11-16-2008, 10:24 AM

thats news to me....

It was a blog on Jsonline where the reporter was talking that Rodgers has had problems way back in training camp not being able to find recievers open and holding onto the ball. He mentions also the scimmage and the San fran preseason game. I would link it but am too lazy. Good article in Jsonline about Rodgers struggles

Zool
11-16-2008, 09:21 PM

thats news to me....

It was a blog on Jsonline where the reporter was talking that Rodgers has had problems way back in training camp not being able to find recievers open and holding onto the ball. He mentions also the scimmage and the San fran preseason game. I would link it but am too lazy. Good article in Jsonline about Rodgers struggles

To put this all into context, this was during the Favre fiasco. That had to be weighing heavily on the kid.

cpk1994
11-17-2008, 06:21 AM

I know, I know. He got us that far. He's a great QB. I hope Rodgers gets a chance to do that.That has to be regular season becuase he lost 2 in the post season: vs. Eagles(4th & 26 game) and last years NFC title game.

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Thank god for you these mods are AWESOME peeps and keep you on here, but it would be best (as you've NEVER posted ANYTHING EVER that is worthwhile) to just stay away...

shoot! i know im thankful what with ALL the obnoxious, worthless stuff that ive posted over the years

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2008, 10:06 AM

I know, I know. He got us that far. He's a great QB. I hope Rodgers gets a chance to do that.That has to be regular season becuase he lost 2 in the post season: vs. Eagles(4th & 26 game) and last years NFC title game.

qft

bobblehead
11-17-2008, 01:00 PM

thats news to me....

don't really care about preseason...we are 5-5, tied for the north, and he is playing pretty well when given a respectable running game and some time...enough for me.

sharpe1027
11-17-2008, 01:39 PM

You forgot:

Great post

Both sides had their disagreements and points that they might have made better moves, but you are clearly ignoring Favre's mistakes and not giving context to many of the points. To balance the discussion a little:

1) Favre certainly was asked to let them know his plans by a certain date. However, you left out that that this was a similiar deadline as the past couple years. He never stuck to it in the previous years, why did he suddenly think he was "forced" to stick to the deadline??? When he told McCarthy he felt pushed by the deadline, MM response was "why didn't you just tell us that at the time?"

2) Go back an listen to Favre's retirement speech. Then compare it to his excuses for his actions in unretiring. Completely contradictory.

3.) Somebody close to Favre kept speaking to reporters giving enough information that when the stories broke looked like attempts to smear the Packers, TT especially. Favre seemed more than happy to let the stories sit out there. I guess it was just to difficult to call up his agent, or relative and tell them to shut up? I mean, why should Favre be responsible in any manner for what they say? :roll:

4.) Favre made only one, short phone call before immediately asking for a release. Classy move, asking an organization that he had been with forever, that both he and the organization had benefited together, to ignore what he agreed in exchange for huge sums of money. The organization gets nothing, selfish. I seem to recall some good quotes from some ex-packer to J. Walker about honoring a contract...

5.) Favre went public on Greta mostly complaining that he wasn't allowed to be GM of the Packers.

6.) Throughout the entire process Favre was repeatedly asked if he was 100% committed to the Packers. The answer was consistently 'no.'

7.) When Favre finally took the effort to show up in GB, it was Favre, not TT or MM, that was not able to get over his personal dislikes, apparently partly due to not getting to make GM moves.

8.) The 'bribe' wasn't something new just to keep him retired. It was offered to him shortly after he initially retired. Yes, they brought it up again, but it wasn't some bribe cooked up just to keep him retired.

Both sides had their reasons and mistakes. Does it really even matter who was "more" right?

Gunakor
11-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Favre made his announcement of intent to retire on March 4th. The deadline set by MM and TT was that they wanted to know before the draft, which took place late in April. He made his announcement a month and a half before his deadline, so he and his supporters have no legitimate case that he was pressured into anything. He had nearly 2 months to think on it had he wanted to. If anyone rushed anything here, it was Favre.

cpk1994
11-17-2008, 02:37 PM

You forgot:

Great post

Both sides had their disagreements and points that they might have made better moves, but you are clearly ignoring Favre's mistakes and not giving context to many of the points. To balance the discussion a little:

1) Favre certainly was asked to let them know his plans by a certain date. However, you left out that that this was a similiar deadline as the past couple years. He never stuck to it in the previous years, why did he suddenly think he was "forced" to stick to the deadline??? When he told McCarthy he felt pushed by the deadline, MM response was "why didn't you just tell us that at the time?"

2) Go back an listen to Favre's retirement speech. Then compare it to his excuses for his actions in unretiring. Completely contradictory.

3.) Somebody close to Favre kept speaking to reporters giving enough information that when the stories broke looked like attempts to smear the Packers, TT especially. Favre seemed more than happy to let the stories sit out there. I guess it was just to difficult to call up his agent, or relative and tell them to shut up? I mean, why should Favre be responsible in any manner for what they say? :roll:

4.) Favre made only one, short phone call before immediately asking for a release. Classy move, asking an organization that he had been with forever, that both he and the organization had benefited together, to ignore what he agreed in exchange for huge sums of money. The organization gets nothing, selfish. I seem to recall some good quotes from some ex-packer to J. Walker about honoring a contract...

5.) Favre went public on Greta mostly complaining that he wasn't allowed to be GM of the Packers.

6.) Throughout the entire process Favre was repeatedly asked if he was 100% committed to the Packers. The answer was consistently 'no.'

7.) When Favre finally took the effort to show up in GB, it was Favre, not TT or MM, that was not able to get over his personal dislikes, apparently partly due to not getting to make GM moves.

8.) The 'bribe' wasn't something new just to keep him retired. It was offered to him shortly after he initially retired. Yes, they brought it up again, but it wasn't some bribe cooked up just to keep him retired.

Both sides had their reasons and mistakes. Does it really even matter who was "more" right?Excellent points. I also add one more:

9.)When Favre was finally reinstated, after Roger Goodel stuck his nose where it didn't belong, Favre decides to conviently fly up to GB to arrive as the Intra-Squad Scddrimmage just gets underway, totally(and probably purposely) overshadowing the team, specifically Rodgers, first performace in front of the fans. Why the need when you couldn't offically join the team until the physical was taken the next day anyway?

LEWCWA
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
This is the big problem on both sides of this fence. Everyone seems very preoccupied with placeing blame for the move. It was a situation that got out of hand in the end, due to poor decisions on both fronts. I'm out of the blame game. I understand both sides of this equation. I feel the discussion should move more toward was it best for the Pack. That is a discussion in itself, without blame. Both sides have legitimate arguments. Niether is probably 100% right.

Sparkey
11-17-2008, 03:14 PM
It has worked out for everybody. Favre is playing good for the Jets. Rodgers is playing good for the Packers.

Comparing the two, you could argue that both are playing at or about the same level. As far as pocket presence, that Rodgers ( a first year starter) is being compared with Favre (a 17 year vet) speaks volumes of the long term potential for Rodgers and the Packers.

As far as W/L records. You could argue that the main reason the the Jets are 7-3 versus the Packers 5-5 is the number of penalties committed by Green Bay.

A perfect scenario is the jets keep improving and win the AFC and Green Bay wins their division. Rodgers proves he is capable of being a winning quarterback and a long term asset to the organization and they gain the highest trade compensation possible to further the teams future talent level.

GO PACK!

cpk1994
11-17-2008, 03:56 PM
It has worked out for everybody. Favre is playing good for the Jets. Rodgers is playing good for the Packers.

Comparing the two, you could argue that both are playing at or about the same level. As far as pocket presence, that Rodgers ( a first year starter) is being compared with Favre (a 17 year vet) speaks volumes of the long term potential for Rodgers and the Packers.

As far as W/L records. You could argue that the main reason the the Jets are 7-3 versus the Packers 5-5 is the number of penalties committed by Green Bay.

A perfect scenario is the jets keep improving and win the AFC and Green Bay wins their division. Rodgers proves he is capable of being a winning quarterback and a long term asset to the organization and they gain the highest trade compensation possible to further the teams future talent level.

GO PACK!You could also say that the Jets schedule has been much easier by far.

Sparkey
11-17-2008, 04:05 PM

http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp

No doubt that has something to do with it as well.

LEWCWA
11-18-2008, 02:33 AM

Just can't help yourself can you!

cpk1994
11-18-2008, 06:47 AM

Just can't help yourself can you!Why? Its the absolute truth. In consecutive weeks they played Oakland, KC and St Louis, three of the worst teams in the NFL. Truth hurts doesn't it?

TennesseePackerBacker
11-18-2008, 07:09 AM

It is the truth, why chastise him any more? I love Favre, but a lot of you people have such one-sided narrow views of this situation that it makes me sick. I actually know fans around here who have become Favre fans, foresaking the Packers. How asinine does that sound? almost as silly and unintelligent as you saying forget strength of schedule.

cpk1994
11-18-2008, 07:29 AM

It is the truth, why chastise him any more? I love Favre, but a lot of you people have such one-sided narrow views of this situation that it makes me sick. I actually know fans around here who have become Favre fans, foresaking the Packers. How asinine does that sound? almost as silly and unintelligent as you saying forget strength of schedule.I don't have a problem with fans becoming Favre fans and foresaking the Packers. Its fans like that that the Packers don't need anyway.

LEWCWA
11-18-2008, 11:29 AM

Just can't help yourself can you!Why? Its the absolute truth. In consecutive weeks they played Oakland, KC and St Louis, three of the worst teams in the NFL. Truth hurts doesn't it?

Truth is Kansas City has been playing very well of late, they are a team on the rise, Truth is the Rams beat the cowgirls, Truth is Packers play in probably the second worst division in the NFL. They get to play the Lions, Vikings and Bears 2x each. Schedules are relative, you have to beat who you play. Truth Jets have 7 times, Packers have 5 times. Why have the Jets won 7-because they have been a pretty good team. Why have the Packers won 5--because they have been a pretty inconsistent team.

MOBB DEEP
11-18-2008, 11:43 AM
back on topic

favre and the jets ARE havn a magical season eh?!

like he said after that AWESOME performance last thursday "this is what i came back for"

personally im elated both teams are playoff bound

let's enjoy it.....

ThunderDan
11-18-2008, 12:04 PM

Truth is Kansas City has been playing very well of late, they are a team on the rise, Truth is the Rams beat the cowgirls, Truth is Packers play in probably the second worst division in the NFL. They get to play the Lions, Vikings and Bears 2x each. Schedules are relative, you have to beat who you play. Truth Jets have 7 times, Packers have 5 times. Why have the Jets won 7-because they have been a pretty good team. Why have the Packers won 5--because they have been a pretty inconsistent team.

Sorry LEW but the stats say otherwise.
2008 strength of schedule thru 11 weeks
Packers Opp Winning % 53.1
Jets Opp Winning % 45.7

Jets have had the 8th easiest schedule so far.

It will be interesting to see if the Jets are for real this week against Tennessee.

ThunderDan
11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
By the way the NE Patroits have had the easiest schedule so far.
Their opp winning % 38.7

cpk1994
11-18-2008, 06:15 PM

And here come the excuses. The Rams suck. It doesn't matter that they beat the Cowboys. If you haven't noticed, the cowboys have imploded while Romo was out for a month. The Bears and Viokings are better than Oakland and St. Louis and probably even at this point with KC.

LEWCWA
11-19-2008, 10:03 PM

And here come the excuses. The Rams suck. It doesn't matter that they beat the Cowboys. If you haven't noticed, the cowboys have imploded while Romo was out for a month. The Bears and Viokings are better than Oakland and St. Louis and probably even at this point with KC.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH is all we get from you.

MadtownPacker
11-19-2008, 10:08 PM
This is really old and both of you really make me sick for having complained about the very thing you are doing in this thread.

Partial
11-19-2008, 10:28 PM
This is really old and both of you really make me sick for having complained about the very thing you are doing in this thread.

Chalupa... if you want those peckers to shut the F up you need to lock them up in the Rat Trap for a few days and let 'em argue it out in there.

LEWCWA
11-20-2008, 01:27 AM
Just trying to fit in.

Bretsky
11-20-2008, 07:01 AM

DITTO

MOBB DEEP
11-20-2008, 11:05 AM

rams beat the skins too.....

LEWCWA
11-20-2008, 04:30 PM

DITTO

Although, I do understand this sentiment somewhat. How is a back and forth about Brett any different from anything else that goes on around here? Are certain things off limits all of a sudden? You would be hard pressed to find any post where I just totally bashed A. Rodgers or started calling anyone names for there opinion of him or anything else. This forum has plenty of people who challenge your intelligence for any of your opinions, if they don't agree with you. I have in the past called CPK a few names, that is my bad, and am trying to correct that as tough as it may be. I think the only other poster I have been personal with is good ole Tex in the past. (Not since he has been here I don't think} He just has that effect on people with his mainstream (lunitic fringe views). CPK has the same effect on this issue. He refuses to give OUR FAVRE any credit. If he could or would, have his opinion, without bashing the guy at every turn, I don't think people would be so put off by him. But then again, what would be the fun in that. He wouldn't be such a lighting rod then and would lose out on all the attention he so apparently needs!

One other thing, not entirely on this subject. Plenty of posters here just post a bunch of crap 75-80% of the time, usually adding nothing to the conversation. Nobody calls these people out ever. I believe I will jump off this conversation after this. I believe someone with 4000+ posts and 3500+ are one liner digs at another really add nothing to this forum. The numbers here are not for anyone in particular, just a happy medium.

packinpatland
11-20-2008, 05:05 PM
All I can say is, I live 2 hours south of Boston and 2 hours north of NYC. It's nice to see Brett being talked about on the local sports.........and lately there's been a lot more Jets than Patriot talk.

MOBB DEEP
11-20-2008, 05:18 PM
All I can say is, I live 2 hours south of Boston and 2 hours north of NYC. It's nice to see Brett being talked about on the local sports.........and lately there's been a lot more Jets than Patriot talk.

u ever been to nordic lodge?

packinpatland
11-20-2008, 05:53 PM

No.......I live with a non-seafood person. (GBR and MJ will attest).....but I may give it a try.

edit. I should have said 'am married to' instead of live with :lol:

MJZiggy
11-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Ah let 'em use their imaginations.

LEWCWA, no one cares what you talk about until it becomes mundane--and this argument passed mundane months ago. Folks are sick to death of hearing the same crap and same comparisons.

LEWCWA
11-21-2008, 01:40 AM
Ah let 'em use their imaginations.

LEWCWA, no one cares what you talk about until it becomes mundane--and this argument passed mundane months ago. Folks are sick to death of hearing the same crap and same comparisons.

Why are they reading it then. my posts about the subject pretty much stay in 3 threads and everyone here know whats in those threads! All this I'm sick of it is crap. You all are full of shit. Kinda like running out to see an accident, I guess. If you don't like it skip it.... I don't hijack other threads

cpk1994
11-21-2008, 04:44 AM
All I can say is, I live 2 hours south of Boston and 2 hours north of NYC. It's nice to see Brett being talked about on the local sports.........and lately there's been a lot more Jets than Patriot talk.It hasn't hurt that Tom Brady is done for the year. Take away Brady(and no cheating so far this year from BB) and there is nothing to talk about concerning the Pats.

packinpatland
11-21-2008, 07:31 AM
All I can say is, I live 2 hours south of Boston and 2 hours north of NYC. It's nice to see Brett being talked about on the local sports.........and lately there's been a lot more Jets than Patriot talk.It hasn't hurt that Tom Brady is done for the year. Take away Brady(and no cheating so far this year from BB) and there is nothing to talk about concerning the Pats.

I'm not going to argue with you......but Bretsky might. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-21-2008, 09:04 AM

No.......I live with a non-seafood person. (GBR and MJ will attest).....but I may give it a try.

edit. I should have said 'am married to' instead of live with :lol:

how could u marry him/her then??? :)

yeah, get over there asap. EXCELLENT except there's no alaskan crab legs (my fav). but lobster and shrimp galore and; it's all reasonably priced imo

cpk1994
11-21-2008, 09:05 AM

I'm not going to argue with you......but Bretsky might. :lol:I have been agreeing with him more often lately. Its like the apocalypse is happening or something. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-21-2008, 09:16 AM
It's nice to see Brett being talked about on the local sports.........and lately there's been a lot more Jets talk.

that favre magic

oh please oh please admin/mods, can we have a mere two (2) brett/jet threads on this forum? this one (dedicated to lord f) and brett/jet thread (dedicated to gameday)???!! pretty please

and whoever trashed my packer/jet poll thread could have AT LEAST let me know if they couldnt viewi it as a legit question. i mean there is a jets/pack superbowl thread RIGHT??!! that thread is fine but dont ask what team is better??

thanks and good looking gestapo

MOBB DEEP
11-21-2008, 09:21 AM
everyone here know whats in those threads! All this I'm sick of it is crap. Kinda like running out to see an accident, I guess. If you don't like it skip it....

XACTLY. thats the easiest thing for me to do (skip threads im not interested in) b/c im a child of the living God with free will

in the immortal words of professor X the overseer from X clan... SISSIES!!!

lol

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 11:45 AM

they mentioned "it" (passion, fun, etc) on nfl countdown today..butt slappn mangini REAL HARD after pats game - lol

cotchery, mangold, brandon moore, et. al maintain that this has been key...

i actually wonder if he can part bodies of water

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 02:14 PM
14th season with 20 plus td passes; breaks tie with marino

ho hum....

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 02:58 PM
should lord favre be in the MVP talk???

arcilite
11-23-2008, 03:10 PM

lol hell no.

MVP of the Jets might be kris jenkins or thomas jones.

Bretsky
11-23-2008, 03:11 PM

lol hell no.

After the last couple games Favre is probably the Jets MVP

Favre is not in contention for the NFL MVP though

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 07:42 PM

lol hell no.

but what if jets end with best record in afc?

Bretsky
11-23-2008, 07:45 PM

lol hell no.

Maybe if things keep rolling; but right now I'd say Brees and Rivers are the frontrunners

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 08:26 PM

lol hell no.

Maybe if things keep rolling; but right now I'd say Brees and Rivers are the frontrunners

i like warner (SICK numbers); ny nephew put the bug in my ear about favre today

Packnut
11-23-2008, 09:09 PM

DITTO

Although, I do understand this sentiment somewhat. How is a back and forth about Brett any different from anything else that goes on around here? Are certain things off limits all of a sudden? You would be hard pressed to find any post where I just totally bashed A. Rodgers or started calling anyone names for there opinion of him or anything else. This forum has plenty of people who challenge your intelligence for any of your opinions, if they don't agree with you. I have in the past called CPK a few names, that is my bad, and am trying to correct that as tough as it may be. I think the only other poster I have been personal with is good ole Tex in the past. (Not since he has been here I don't think} He just has that effect on people with his mainstream (lunitic fringe views). CPK has the same effect on this issue. He refuses to give OUR FAVRE any credit. If he could or would, have his opinion, without bashing the guy at every turn, I don't think people would be so put off by him. But then again, what would be the fun in that. He wouldn't be such a lighting rod then and would lose out on all the attention he so apparently needs!

One other thing, not entirely on this subject. Plenty of posters here just post a bunch of crap 75-80% of the time, usually adding nothing to the conversation. Nobody calls these people out ever. I believe I will jump off this conversation after this. I believe someone with 4000+ posts and 3500+ are one liner digs at another really add nothing to this forum. The numbers here are not for anyone in particular, just a happy medium.

If you hav'nt figured it out by now CPK knows very little about football. His ignorance on Favre just shows what a total bozo he really is. I think he is really a closet Bears fan................

red
11-23-2008, 09:25 PM
its amazing that warner has been kicked to the curb every year since his mvp days. yet he's still great, and proved it this year

he wasn't even suppose to be the starter this year

he's probably the front runner for MVP in my book right now

GrnBay007
11-23-2008, 09:26 PM
its amazing that warner has been kicked to the curb every year since his mvp days. yet he's still great, and proved it this year

he wasn't even suppose to be the starter this year

he's probably the front runner for MVP in my book right now

Agree.

And he's still lookin pretty hot too! :P

red
11-23-2008, 09:30 PM
perv

Partial
11-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Lance Allen said Favre is starting to garner MVP consideration.

I think Favre missing camp actually might bode well for him. Their has been a sentiment that he has been gassed by the end of the year and has struggled the past few seasons. Maybe missing the off-season has kept his body fresher!

channtheman
11-23-2008, 11:36 PM

I think Favre missing camp actually might bode well for him. Their has been a sentiment that he has been gassed by the end of the year and has struggled the past few seasons. Maybe missing the off-season has kept his body fresher!

I was talking to my dad and he brought up an interesting point about that. He said that if Favre can come in after missing all the off season activities and work outs and play like he has this year, what does that say about all the off season workouts and things like that? How necessary are they really?

bobblehead
11-24-2008, 02:01 AM

I was talking to my dad and he brought up an interesting point about that. He said that if Favre can come in after missing all the off season activities and work outs and play like he has this year, what does that say about all the off season workouts and things like that? How necessary are they really?

Favre was absolutely fantastic today, but he is still leading the NFL in interceptions. That right there should nix MVP talk and also make your father understand the importance of an offseason program.

Partial
11-24-2008, 02:33 AM

Favre was absolutely fantastic today, but he is still leading the NFL in interceptions. That right there should nix MVP talk and also make your father understand the importance of an offseason program.

So what? I don't get why people harp over this. Most importantly is how much he has opened up that offense. Picks happen. I don't think that would influence people at all. What quarterback is playing at a higher level right now? It'd be tough to make a case for more than a handful of dudes.

Partial
11-24-2008, 02:35 AM
Brett's play makes me wonder what could have been. With the way he is playing (and probably would have started out playing with his knowledge of the offense), we'd be the class of the NFC imo for sure.

falco
11-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Picks happen.

especially in playoff games...

MOBB DEEP
11-24-2008, 06:20 AM
Brett's play makes me wonder what could have been. With the way he is playing (and probably would have started out playing with his knowledge of the offense), we'd be the class of the NFC imo for sure.

QFT

GrnBay007
11-24-2008, 06:55 AM

I don't think off season program/workouts have anything to do with Favre throwing picks. There have been many seasons he's attended them and still thrown picks.

RashanGary
11-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Brett's having a really good season, but the team he's on is pretty good. In the last 4 years he's been on a bad team (4-12) an average team (8-8) a really good team (13-3) and now this Jets team.

Favre struggled a little early with the system, which is understandable, but their favorable schedule early, solid running game adn good defense kept them in it. Now that Favre is clicking, that team is dangerous, but they do have stronger lines (both offensive and defensive) than the Packers. Brett's in a good spot right now. I didn't think they would have been able to stay in it with the Patriots and Favre learning a new offense, but Brady went down and the schedule was very easy early. Now they have a legit chance.

Take nothing away from Brett, he's doing really well but also don't take away from that team. They're playinig really well too and won them a lot of games while Brett got his bearings in that offense.

I do think the Packers would be a little better with Brett, but Rodgers is playing really well. The QB isn't the problem on this Packer team.

Fritz
11-24-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm agreeing with JH on this post.

Favre is Favre. He throws incredible passes, makes incredible plays, and throws a lot of picks. It's who he is, thought ironically he's the Packers' leader all time, I think, in least number of picks per attempts.

It's the paradox of Brett Favre. He's the team's all time leader in least number of picks per attempts, and he's the NFL's all time leader in number of picks thrown.

I also agree with JH's analysis of the Jets and Packers. I think the Jets are a good team and Favre has made them better, much better. I think if Favre were a Packer this year they'd be a bit better, but I also think Rodgers has done a fine job.

sheepshead
11-24-2008, 08:48 AM

So, you would blame Rodgers for our losses? Come on really?

cpk1994
11-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Brett's having a really good season, but the team he's on is pretty good. In the last 4 years he's been on a bad team (4-12) an average team (8-8) a really good team (13-3) and now this Jets team.

Favre struggled a little early with the system, which is understandable, but their favorable schedule early, solid running game adn good defense kept them in it. Now that Favre is clicking, that team is dangerous, but they do have stronger lines (both offensive and defensive) than the Packers. Brett's in a good spot right now. I didn't think they would have been able to stay in it with the Patriots and Favre learning a new offense, but Brady went down and the schedule was very easy early. Now they have a legit chance.

Take nothing away from Brett, he's doing really well but also don't take away from that team. They're playinig really well too and won them a lot of games while Brett got his bearings in that offense.

I do think the Packers would be a little better with Brett, but Rodgers is playing really well. The QB isn't the problem on this Packer team.Gotta agree here. The problem with the Packers are the lines, not Rodgers.

Gunakor
11-24-2008, 11:21 AM

So what? I don't get why people harp over this. Most importantly is how much he has opened up that offense. Picks happen. I don't think that would influence people at all. What quarterback is playing at a higher level right now? It'd be tough to make a case for more than a handful of dudes.

The reason people harp over this is because nothing kills a team quicker than turnovers. How many times can you expect your QB to throw 3 picks in a game and still come out of it with a victory? It's happened to Favre several times this year, which is a real testament to the rest of the team they have up there in New York. But it doesn't change the fact that those picks could have very well cost his team those games. Picks happen, true enough, but when you are leading the league in picks that means they are happening more often than they should be.

Partial
11-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Picks happen.

especially in playoff games...

Here's the thing:

I'd rather have 2 TDs and 2 picks, versus no picks and no TDs.

Partial
11-24-2008, 11:37 AM

I do think the Packers would be a little better with Brett, but Rodgers is playing really well. The QB isn't the problem on this Packer team.

The Packers have more talent on the DL and the OL is pretty equal, though Clifton is struggling and that is ruining my argument.

I think the difference is coaching and schemes when looking at the trenches. Mangenius calls and agressive defensive game plan that keeps teams on their toes. Bob Sanders hasn't ever done anything similiar.

Faneca is a big mean guard and they take advantage of that by pulling him all the time. Colledge might be our most talented offensive linemen, especially when considering his phenomenal athletic ability. I don't think we're using him correctly at all, and not maximizing his skills in the ZBS.

Rodgers is playing OK. He's playing it safe, and as a result he has had some up games and down. Without a doubt, he was much better early. In my opinion, teams have gathered enough tape on him now to figure out his tendencies and he will have to overcome that. He's not playing in the top half of QBs. He's taking the Chad Pennington approach. Don't make plays, but don't make turnovers.

That JSO artical about not throwing picks says it all. He never throws the ball in the middle of the field. He's not a playmaker, or even close, yet.

Partial
11-24-2008, 11:42 AM

Not solely, but he has had some to do with it. He has had four really bad game. We should have won the Falcons game with how well he played.

He could not generate any offense against Dallas. He didn't make any mistakes, but he didn't try and do anything either. Note the difference last year to this year. One word: Game tape.

He threw three picks against a slightly better than average Tampa team, and I believe had a fumble too. Yes, I blame him.

Against Tenneessee he through a critical pick, and couldn't convert when we got close. We had plenty of third and shorts and didn't make plays.

He was terrible against Minnesota. I completely blame him. What did we score, 10 offensive points?!?

cpk1994
11-24-2008, 11:44 AM

Not solely, but he has had some to do with it. He has had four really bad game. We should have won the Falcons game with how well he played.

He could not generate any offense against Dallas. He didn't make any mistakes, but he didn't try and do anything either. Note the difference last year to this year. One word: Game tape.

He threw three picks against a slightly better than average Tampa team, and I believe had a fumble too. Yes, I blame him.

Against Tenneessee he through a critical pick, and couldn't convert when we got close. We had plenty of third and shorts and didn't make plays.

He was terrible against Minnesota. I completely blame him. What did we score, 10 offensive points?!?I see, no blame for the OL in the Minny game? You know, the game where they pass protected like turnstiles? THe OL was just as much or more to blame for the Minny game than Rodgers.

Partial
11-24-2008, 11:44 AM

The reason people harp over this is because nothing kills a team quicker than turnovers. How many times can you expect your QB to throw 3 picks in a game and still come out of it with a victory? It's happened to Favre several times this year, which is a real testament to the rest of the team they have up there in New York. But it doesn't change the fact that those picks could have very well cost his team those games. Picks happen, true enough, but when you are leading the league in picks that means they are happening more often than they should be.

I disagree. We've been on the receiving end of a flurry of turnovers and at .500 luckily.

Also, we've barely had any offensive turnovers, and are at .500.

There are times when turnovers hurt badly, but I would say a good amount of them don't result in any points. Often times an interception or fumble has the same effect as a punt.

Obviously, nobody wants to have turnovers, but they happen. Give me a quarterback who will play to win, and throw two picks and two TDs and consistently drives us down the field, versus one who plays it safe, doesn't use all his weapons, and plays not to lose.

LEWCWA
11-24-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't want to give the impression that int's are a good thing, but sometimes they are a necessary evil. Just like K's are a necessary evil for power hitters in baseball. I'm sure Ryan Howard or fat boy Fielder could cut down on their k's, but that would also cut into their homerun production. It is the nature of the beast. QB's sometimes have to take shots to make explosive plays and sometimes those shots turn into picks.

Partial
11-24-2008, 01:40 PM

He was terrible against Minnesota. I completely blame him. What did we score, 10 offensive points?!?I see, no blame for the OL in the Minny game? You know, the game where they pass protected like turnstiles? THe OL was just as much or more to blame for the Minny game than Rodgers.

I don't disagree with you, but surely some blame has to go on A-Rod. Half the time he was rushing to the sideline without the rush. Hopefully in time he develops the ability to feel the rush that the truly great QBs like Manning have. He's not anywhere close yet.

Partial
11-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I don't want to give the impression that int's are a good thing, but sometimes they are a necessary evil. Just like K's are a necessary evil for power hitters in baseball. I'm sure Ryan Howard or fat boy Fielder could cut down on their k's, but that would also cut into their homerun production. It is the nature of the beast. QB's sometimes have to take shots to make explosive plays and sometimes those shots turn into picks.

Yep. Isn't Favre very statistically similiar to the other elite QBs in the NFL history? I recall Harv posted a breakdown, with the likes of Elway, Marino, Young, Montana, Brady, etc. and he wasn't excessive by any means for a game changer at QB.

LL2
11-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Not sure if this has been posted...but interesting to see that Favre admitted he wanted revenge...what a prick!

"On the charter home from Nashville on Sunday night, before takeoff, old friend Bubba Franks walked by Brett Favre's seat on the plane. "How do you feel?'' Franks wondered.

"Like I'm 39,'' Favre said.

And he sounded weary -- weary but happy -- after the Jets manhandled the Titans 34-13, ruining Tennessee's hopes for a perfect season. "I never expected a game like this,'' he said. "When I put the film on to watch them last week, I said, "Holy crap, they're good. Really good. But it's the kind of win that means something, where there's a lot of hooting and hollering in the locker room after the game, and you say to yourself, 'This is fun. This is why I came back.'"

I told Favre it's pretty amazing that four months ago he seemed determined to play for Green Bay or Minnesota or no team, and look what's happened. "You're right,'' he said. "Who'da thunk it? Me, a New York Jet. I remember those days. I was not open to playing anywhere else, but for all the wrong reasons. For revenge, or whatever. And that was wrong. I knew what a change it would be, especially in New York. I was about to be 39, and New York wasn't a great fit. The media, coming off a 4-12 season, learning a new offense, the high expectations ... Did I really want to go through that?

"A change like that would have been tough on a 22-year-old. As a matter of fact, after I reached the agreement with the Jets, we were in the plane coming up to New Jersey and I thought, 'Oh no! What am I doing? I'm making a big mistake.'

"It might have been more than I was up for. But then [wife] Deanna said something to me that made sense. She said, 'Hey, whether you're here one year, two years, or five weeks, whatever, you've got to be committed.' And she was right. I owed it to the Jets to give them everything I had.

"And it's been great. It hasn't been all smooth, but I've enjoyed it. I'm having fun. Now, if we were 3-8 instead of 8-3, I know I'd be back on the farm next year and it'd be over. But I'm just going to play as hard as I can every week the rest of the way and we'll see how it goes.''

No promises about next year. He just doesn't know yet, and he's not allowing himself to think ahead. He did think ahead about one thing Sunday, though.

"There's a good chance we play the Titans again,'' he said. "These guys are good.''

So are the Jets. Maybe second-seed-in-the-AFC good."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/11/23/Week12/index.html?bcnn=yes

bobblehead
11-24-2008, 04:15 PM

It pisses me off to no end, if the jackoff had just done what he was paid to do and shown up and not retired and participated in offseason programs we would probably be the class of the NFL...without Moss, Mariuchi, or whoever else GM brett was whining about. You wonder about what might have been and so do I, but I put the blame on the right person.

bobblehead
11-24-2008, 04:17 PM

I don't think off season program/workouts have anything to do with Favre throwing picks. There have been many seasons he's attended them and still thrown picks.

Actually no, he has been notorius for getting light duty thru camp and not attending OTAs other than the last 2 seasons when MM and TT actually held him accountable. Surprisingly those 2 seasons have coincided with the emergence of brett playing at or near MVP level.

bobblehead
11-24-2008, 04:27 PM

He was terrible against Minnesota. I completely blame him. What did we score, 10 offensive points?!?

coincidently all THREE of his bad games came right after he hurt his shoulder and missed practicing the game plan all week....they also seemed to occur when he had no running game and was hit quickly time after time.

I'll be the first to admit that BF is a better QB RIGHT NOW than Rodgers is if you could just admit that rodgers is playing very good....good enough that the team should be 7-3 at least. If BF didn't retire, unretire, retire, and then show up to camp none of this would matter as he would be our QB right now and we might very well be 7-3 or 8-2....or we might not.

bobblehead
11-24-2008, 04:30 PM

I disagree. We've been on the receiving end of a flurry of turnovers and at .500 luckily.

Also, we've barely had any offensive turnovers, and are at .500.

There are times when turnovers hurt badly, but I would say a good amount of them don't result in any points. Often times an interception or fumble has the same effect as a punt.

Obviously, nobody wants to have turnovers, but they happen. Give me a quarterback who will play to win, and throw two picks and two TDs and consistently drives us down the field, versus one who plays it safe, doesn't use all his weapons, and plays not to lose.

History says you are wrong. Vegas linesmakers take turnover differential into HUGE account when making the lines. Turnover differential is the NUMBER ONE statistical correlation to winning vs. losing. Just cuz you can point out our team this season as doing well in that category doesn't mean squat...oh yea, and you are only talking picks...how about all the fumbles Grant had early on.

bobblehead
11-24-2008, 04:34 PM

This also doesn't mean shit. Look back at the winners of the world series over the past 25 years and note where their HR numbers stack up with the league...then look at the K numbers vs. the league. Chics might dig the long ball, but smart winning GMs value pitching and hitters that work the count.

Steinbrenner went to something like 8 straight ALCS games or further with minimal power hitters, then he sold out for ARod, Giambi, abreu, damon....you know, a bunch of offensive players and look at the results....Joe Torre got fired.

Partial
11-24-2008, 04:36 PM

coincidently all THREE of his bad games came right after he hurt his shoulder and missed practicing the game plan all week....they also seemed to occur when he had no running game and was hit quickly time after time.

I'll be the first to admit that BF is a better QB RIGHT NOW than Rodgers is if you could just admit that rodgers is playing very good....good enough that the team should be 7-3 at least. If BF didn't retire, unretire, retire, and then show up to camp none of this would matter as he would be our QB right now and we might very well be 7-3 or 8-2....or we might not.

Thats part of football. I didn't hear anyone giving the Bears some slack for their QB gutting it out with a bad ankle sprain last week.

Aaron is playing OK. He started out great, and has faded imo. I don't blame the injury, I blame teams getting game tape on him. It's not his fault, he's young. He's playing alright for a first year quarterback. Nothing more nothing less. He has shown the potential to be very good, though, which is more than you can say for most quarterbacks in the league.

bobblehead
11-24-2008, 04:41 PM

Thats part of football. I didn't hear anyone giving the Bears some slack for their QB gutting it out with a bad ankle sprain last week.

Aaron is playing OK. He started out great, and has faded imo. I don't blame the injury, I blame teams getting game tape on him. It's not his fault, he's young. He's playing alright for a first year quarterback. Nothing more nothing less. He has shown the potential to be very good, though, which is more than you can say for most quarterbacks in the league.

Fair enough, the injury may not have had as much to do with it as game tape, we can't really know at this point....but going forward if he resumes stellar play then we can probably put it more on the injury.

As far as orton is concerned he wasn't part of the discussion and I'm not trying to analyze him. I do take things like that into considertion when trying to gauge our defense though.

sheepshead
11-24-2008, 04:42 PM
I dont see how we can pin any loss on Rodgers, I'm not buying it at all. Would Brett Favre , Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas made for a different outcome? Who knows, but putting the blame for any of our losses this year squarely on Rodgers shoulders is irresponsible.

Partial
11-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Without a doubt if Aaron picks up his play, his year will be labeled a success.

Right now, he's very up and down. He's had some excellent games, and equally many crappy games. Reminds me of Rex Grossman in 2006 for the Bears, where he led the league in games with passer rating over 100, but had equally many terrible outtings to end up being pretty average.

Hopefully he takes advantage of a weak NO secondary tonight. I imagine he puts up 3 TDs and 200 yards. I think its a very high scoring game.

prsnfoto
11-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Not sure if this has been posted...but interesting to see that Favre admitted he wanted revenge...what a prick!

"On the charter home from Nashville on Sunday night, before takeoff, old friend Bubba Franks walked by Brett Favre's seat on the plane. "How do you feel?'' Franks wondered.

And he sounded weary -- weary but happy -- after the Jets manhandled the Titans 34-13, ruining Tennessee's hopes for a perfect season. "I never expected a game like this,'' he said. "When I put the film on to watch them last week, I said, "Holy crap, they're good. Really good. But it's the kind of win that means something, where there's a lot of hooting and hollering in the locker room after the game, and you say to yourself, 'This is fun. This is why I came back.'"

I told Favre it's pretty amazing that four months ago he seemed determined to play for Green Bay or Minnesota or no team, and look what's happened. "You're right,'' he said. "Who'da thunk it? Me, a New York Jet. I remember those days. I was not open to playing anywhere else, but for all the wrong reasons. For revenge, or whatever. And that was wrong. I knew what a change it would be, especially in New York. I was about to be 39, and New York wasn't a great fit. The media, coming off a 4-12 season, learning a new offense, the high expectations ... Did I really want to go through that?

"A change like that would have been tough on a 22-year-old. As a matter of fact, after I reached the agreement with the Jets, we were in the plane coming up to New Jersey and I thought, 'Oh no! What am I doing? I'm making a big mistake.'

"It might have been more than I was up for. But then [wife] Deanna said something to me that made sense. She said, 'Hey, whether you're here one year, two years, or five weeks, whatever, you've got to be committed.' And she was right. I owed it to the Jets to give them everything I had.

"And it's been great. It hasn't been all smooth, but I've enjoyed it. I'm having fun. Now, if we were 3-8 instead of 8-3, I know I'd be back on the farm next year and it'd be over. But I'm just going to play as hard as I can every week the rest of the way and we'll see how it goes.''

No promises about next year. He just doesn't know yet, and he's not allowing himself to think ahead. He did think ahead about one thing Sunday, though.

"There's a good chance we play the Titans again,'' he said. "These guys are good.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/11/23/Week12/index.html?bcnn=yes

How does that make him a prick his management made it crystal clear he was not wanted back after having one of the most storied career's in the history of the game. Yes he should not have retired to begin with all the idiots who thought he should stay retired are proven quite well, fucking stupid. He was pissed at them and he had every right to be, he also admitted he was wrong and it all worked out for the the best at least for him. This whole saga is much like a divorce I not only wanted to but planned many times how I could kill the fucking first wife for cheating and leaving now I am married again to a wonderful wife and mother and could not be any happier and my kids are closer to me than ever and the ex married the guy she cheated with and he beats the shit out of her, I call that justice, because I love the Pack I hope the same fate does not happen to Teddy but that is up to the guy upstairs.

Partial
11-24-2008, 04:48 PM
You planned to kill the mother of your childern? That's a little fucked up, even for this place.

HarveyWallbangers
11-24-2008, 04:54 PM

Right now, he's very up and down. He's had some excellent games, and equally many crappy games. Reminds me of Rex Grossman in 2006 for the Bears, where he led the league in games with passer rating over 100, but had equally many terrible outtings to end up being pretty average.

Hopefully he takes advantage of a weak NO secondary tonight. I imagine he puts up 3 TDs and 200 yards. I think its a very high scoring game.

Grossman completed 54% of his passes for 23 TDs and 20 interceptions a 73.9 QB rating that year.

Rodgers has completed 64.5% of his passes for 15 TDs and 6 interceptions for a 94.5 QB rating this year.

Rodgers is playing MUCH better than Grossman did. He's played average in some games, but he's only had one poor game this year. He's had about 4-5 good ones. I wouldn't classify him as having some some excellent and many crappy games. He's been much above average, and he's not even close to the main reason we are 5-5. Your football knowledge is lacking. Now, where can I find a good, free .avi to .flv converter?
:D

sharpe1027
11-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Reminds me of Rex Grossman in 2006 for the Bears, where he led the league in games with passer rating over 100, but had equally many terrible outtings to end up being pretty average.

Not even close to Rexxy. Not even in the same league of terrible play. No way, no how.

cpk1994
11-24-2008, 05:03 PM

How does that make him a prick his management made it crystal clear he was not wanted back after having one of the most storied career's in the history of the game. Yes he should not have retired to begin with all the idiots who thought he should stay retired are proven quite well, fucking stupid. He was pissed at them and he had every right to be, he also admitted he was wrong and it all worked out for the the best at least for him. This whole saga is much like a divorce I not only wanted to but planned many times how I could kill the fucking first wife for cheating and leaving now I am married again to a wonderful wife and mother and could not be any happier and my kids are closer to me than ever and the ex married the guy she cheated with and he beats the shit out of her, I call that justice, because I love the Pack I hope the same fate does not happen to Teddy but that is up to the guy upstairs.BS. Favre was never told he wasn't wanted back. He was told if he comes back, he will be the backup. I know you hate TT, but don't twist facts.

red
11-24-2008, 06:27 PM

How does that make him a prick his management made it crystal clear he was not wanted back after having one of the most storied career's in the history of the game. Yes he should not have retired to begin with all the idiots who thought he should stay retired are proven quite well, fucking stupid. He was pissed at them and he had every right to be, he also admitted he was wrong and it all worked out for the the best at least for him. This whole saga is much like a divorce I not only wanted to but planned many times how I could kill the fucking first wife for cheating and leaving now I am married again to a wonderful wife and mother and could not be any happier and my kids are closer to me than ever and the ex married the guy she cheated with and he beats the shit out of her, I call that justice, because I love the Pack I hope the same fate does not happen to Teddy but that is up to the guy upstairs.BS. Favre was never told he wasn't wanted back. He was told if he comes back, he will be the backup. I know you hate TT, but don't twist facts.

bull shit

LEWCWA
11-24-2008, 11:01 PM
I dont see how we can pin any loss on Rodgers, I'm not buying it at all. Would Brett Favre , Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas made for a different outcome? Who knows, but putting the blame for any of our losses this year squarely on Rodgers shoulders is irresponsible.

Thats your problem you need glasses!

Bretsky
11-24-2008, 11:05 PM

bull shit

A. We have no idea what was said behind closed doors

The only facts out there are what the particular person chooses to believe

RashanGary
11-24-2008, 11:08 PM

Yep.

Rastak
11-24-2008, 11:19 PM

Yep.

Double yep. I gotta crash but I had this conversation with two Pack fans at work this afternoon. They seemed to be of the opinion that McCarthy and TT did not want the distraction. Pack management likely did not say "Sure, see ya Monday at camp"!

There was more too it than that.

Bretsky
11-24-2008, 11:21 PM

Yep.

Double yep. I gotta crash but I had this conversation with two Pack fans at work this afternoon. They seemed to be of the opinion that McCarthy and TT did not want the distraction. Pack management likely did not say "Sure, see ya Monday at camp"!

There was more too it than that.

The ones who say they know what happened should buy a bridge from me; I'll tell them I'm giving them a great deal and I'd bet I'm just as honest as those we here from :idea:

Partial
11-25-2008, 12:51 AM

Grossman completed 54% of his passes for 23 TDs and 20 interceptions a 73.9 QB rating that year.

Rodgers has completed 64.5% of his passes for 15 TDs and 6 interceptions for a 94.5 QB rating this year.

Rodgers is playing MUCH better than Grossman did. He's played average in some games, but he's only had one poor game this year. He's had about 4-5 good ones. I wouldn't classify him as having some some excellent and many crappy games. He's been much above average, and he's not even close to the main reason we are 5-5. Your football knowledge is lacking. Now, where can I find a good, free .avi to .flv converter?
:D

My football knowledge is not lacking Harv. I'm being realistic. He didn't get the job done against: Tampa, Dallas, Tenn, Minne, and now NO. You can slice it any way you want, but the offensive production left a lot to be desired.

He missed open receivers left and right today.

In addition to that, we have been the NFL's second worst team in third and long... meaning we're not getting the ball done through the air when the opposing team is thinking/defending pass.

You've become a big homer when it comes to A-Rod. He hasn't played very well at all.

http://osflash.org/swf_tools