PDA

View Full Version : LeRoy and Gilbert

Partial
11-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Both men alluded to a severe lack of leadership on the Packers today. They were talking with WSSP in their weekly segments, and both said that the defense just straight up isn't hustling, and the locker room lacks accountability.

That's not a good thing imo, and is a product of being the youngest team in the league.

Both seemed to think that the Packers defenders are just taking it easy. Sparky Fifer made a comment about how the linebackers over pursue, and both men said that even if that is the case, if eveyone is running hard and pursuing there still wouldn't be any gaps.

Kind of worrisome that the biggest problem is effort and lack of leadership!!!

Noodle
11-10-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't see the lack of effort. Lack of discipline maybe, as demonstrated by the overpursuit, but not lack of effort effort.

This D was pretty stout, played a lot of short field, and was on the field a long time. I thought they played pretty damn hard.

But they don't seem to be a unit. Like Blue Dog said, no gang tackling. Is that because guys aren't assignment sure? Hard to say that the problem is leadership unless you're in the locker room.

Partial
11-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't see the lack of effort. Lack of discipline maybe, as demonstrated by the overpursuit, but not lack of effort effort.

This D was pretty stout, played a lot of short field, and was on the field a long time. I thought they played pretty damn hard.

But they don't seem to be a unit. Like Blue Dog said, no gang tackling. Is that because guys aren't assignment sure? Hard to say that the problem is leadership unless you're in the locker room.

The lack of gang tackleing in a result of the lack of effort according to LeRoy.

Noodle
11-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Partial, I see your point, and Butler is someone you have to respect, but I think it may be more a lack of nasty than a lack of effort.

Again, from out here in TV land, I see guys running hard, not giving up on plays, and all that, but I don't see much nasty. I don't mean personal foul crap. I mean that Singletary (or better, Nitschke) style of barely contained insanity. You don't sense that guys are dying to lay the wood on someone.

I was hoping Bigby would bring some of that. It's contagious -- just ask the guys who played with Ronnie Lott.

Spaulding
11-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Both men alluded to a severe lack of leadership on the Packers today. They were talking with WSSP in their weekly segments, and both said that the defense just straight up isn't hustling, and the locker room lacks accountability.

That's not a good thing imo, and is a product of being the youngest team in the league.

Both seemed to think that the Packers defenders are just taking it easy. Sparky Fifer made a comment about how the linebackers over pursue, and both men said that even if that is the case, if eveyone is running hard and pursuing there still wouldn't be any gaps.

Kind of worrisome that the biggest problem is effort and lack of leadership!!!

Seriously, I hope that isn't a given name and instead an assumed name.

As for the lack of effort, I was at the game and didn't get that impression but would defer to the experts. Other than a few blown plays (Bishop on the overrun of Taylor, AP going right for the last TD, etc.) I honestly thought the defense played pretty decent given the lack of any offense to keep them off the field.

Basically, not trying to use this as a cop-out but it seemed it was the BS calls (Harris holding away from the un-catchable ball out of bounds) that allowed a drive to continue, the questionable late hit, the phantom holding call on Colledge all of which seemed to let the air out of the sails.

Much of it was the conservative play calling but with the game being one often of momentum, we seemed to be lacking it for the most part.

All this being said, I had forgotten what a horrible venue the Metrodome was and how thankful I am for Lambeau. Tickets could be had for less than $20/seat just prior to kickoff. Luckily sat next to some good "Rastak" type fans that were knowledgeable, loyal and good shits to banter back and forth which made it worthwhile.

All I know is that AP by himself is worth the price of admission. He could easily be to the Vikes what Favre was to the Packers for the past 15 years.

gbgary
11-11-2008, 09:07 AM
i like listening to them.

i think the biggest problem the defense has is the sputtering offense.