PDA

View Full Version : MAC DA GREAT!!

MOBB DEEP
11-12-2008, 12:00 PM
just for u shadow

im STILL lamenting the fact sherm-head allowed MAC DA GREAT to go to saints!!!

he was the best thing to happen to our d other than reggie and leroy during favre era

if he was still here with harris......they were BEAST 2gether

miss MAD DA GREAT'S great tackling and body language dont u all??

Freak Out
11-12-2008, 12:14 PM
With Atari we could have had three Predators......peer pressure would have forced the other safety into doing the same thing. :)

swede
11-12-2008, 12:14 PM
I miss the "no-no" head shake.

Tony Oday
11-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I never liked Mac that much. I always thought he took too much of his attitude from Sharper who I never liked. Mac was a solid CB though so you have to give him that.

KYPack
11-12-2008, 12:43 PM
He was a solid corner.

Played the run and the pass equally well.

Great move by Wolf. Need a corner?, draft 3 and play the one that works out.

That was 3 seasons & a coach ago, tho.

We're fine at corner now.

Harlan Huckleby
11-12-2008, 12:50 PM
I think McKenzie was better than solid. He was similar to Al Harris, and I would say a little better.

KYPack
11-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I think McKenzie was better than solid. He was similar to Al Harris, and I would say a little better.

Very similar players.

Both have the same limitation. They are both pretty slow, but foot speed can be over-rated at CB. They both learned how to cut receivers off and use proper technique to compensate for their slow feet.

McKenzie over Harris? Maybe. It would take a case of beer to hash that argument out.

I'd take both of 'em on my team.

Both of 'em are near the end of the line, now.

Gunakor
11-12-2008, 01:14 PM
If Mac is still here in Green Bay, we never go through the awful Ahmad Carroll experiment. If we never go through the awful Ahmad Carroll experiment, we never pluck Charles Woodson out of the Free Agent pool. I think I'd rather have Chuck than Mac, to be honest, so I'd say it worked out for the best in the end.

MOBB DEEP
11-12-2008, 04:28 PM
I miss the "no-no" head shake.

wow, thats EXACTLY what i meant by "body language" wow, u're alright

MOBB DEEP
11-12-2008, 04:31 PM

BINGO

The Gunshooter
11-12-2008, 06:57 PM
He was a solid corner.

Play the one that works out and trade one of the remaining two for Ahman Green.

KYPack
11-12-2008, 08:18 PM
He was a solid corner.

Play the one that works out and trade one of the remaining two for Ahman Green.

Did our bud, the Walrus make that deal?

If so, it helped get him canned as GM.

Joemailman
11-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Mac Da Traitor was one of my favorite Packers until he refused to honor his contract. Actually, the trade to the Saints worked out pretty well for the Packers in the long run. In 2005, TT used the pick from the Saints to draft Nick Collins. Then in 2006, TT signed Woodson, something he would not have done if Da Traitor was still here. Collins and Woodson will be in the Pro Bowl this year. And Mac?...

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2008, 05:18 AM
Mac Da Traitor was one of my favorite Packers until he refused to honor his contract. Actually, the trade to the Saints worked out pretty well for the Packers in the long run. In 2005, TT used the pick from the Saints to draft Nick Collins. Then in 2006, TT signed Woodson, something he would not have done if Da Traitor was still here. Collins and Woodson will be in the Pro Bowl this year. And Mac?...

cynic

Fritz
11-13-2008, 12:24 PM
I liked him fine - except that no one here has noted his propensity for stupid penalties. How many times did that guy hit someone who was already five yards out of bounds?

He kept many an enemy drive alive with his dumb penalties.

mission
11-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah and um... he's out for the season. Small detail.