PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapp on Chad Clifton hit

KYPack
11-12-2008, 10:18 PM
I really like "Inside the NFL". It is now on Showtime. I dropped HBO and picked up Showtime. One movie channel is plenty for me.

The hosts are Collinsworth, Phil Simms, and Warren Sapp.

The had a segment on tonite called "Ask Warren Anything". They emailed in some pretty cool questions. A Packer fan asked Sapp "how he could sleep" after his cowardly hit on Chad Clifton of the Packers.

Sapp was taken back and exhibited nervous laughter as they showed the clip.

He then stated that the Packers once had a player who body slammed a QB who never played again. He couldn't remember Charles Martin's name and of course, was wrong about Jim McMahon's never playing again. He tried to play it off, but he was nervous about the whole thing.

Sapp was also asked if he was going to watch Keyshawn Johnson's decorating show on cable. Sapp said he wouldn't watch it & stated that it confirmed that Keyshawn was a "bitch".

Tarlam!
11-13-2008, 04:19 AM
I love rough and rumble football - hell, I am wearing a rugby jersey while I type this hoping someone will want to tackle me!

But that was simply a dirty filthy hit and it has, IMHO, tarnished Sapp's legacy for ever.

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2008, 06:14 AM
Sapp was also asked if he was going to watch Keyshawn Johnson's decorating show on cable. Sapp said he wouldn't watch it & stated that it confirmed that Keyshawn was a "bitch".

meanwhile, he's on a dancing show...

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2008, 06:15 AM
I love rough and rumble football - hell, I am wearing a rugby jersey while I type this hoping someone will want to tackle me!

But that was simply a dirty filthy hit and it has, IMHO, tarnished Sapp's legacy for ever.

i hated sapp after that but i dont think people hold it against him other than packer fans though

Pugger
11-13-2008, 06:32 AM
That hit wasn't illegal but it was unnecessary, cheap and may have shortened Clifton's career. :butt: I find his reaction to the clip of that play telling. I never had any high regard for Sapp. I always thought he was mouthy and a creep. :?

cpk1994
11-13-2008, 06:43 AM
The fact that Sapp never checked on Clifton's well being while in the hospital is why many hate Sapp. If he had called Clifton in the hospital, many would have forgiven the hit.

cheesner
11-13-2008, 09:48 AM
I didn't care for the hit, but hey it is football.

What pissed me off about it is that fat stupid bastard dancing and laughing and taunting Clifton while he is laying there in obvious agony.

He could have even saved himself after this if he would have looked concerned or apologized for his behavior later. He never did.

gbgary
11-13-2008, 09:50 AM
screw sapp.

bobblehead
11-13-2008, 10:04 AM
I didn't care for the hit, but hey it is football.

What pissed me off about it is that fat stupid bastard dancing and laughing and taunting Clifton while he is laying there in obvious agony.

He could have even saved himself after this if he would have looked concerned or apologized for his behavior later. He never did.

this was my take...the hit was legal, but the idiot sapp is he never figured out how to talk about it. Even today his defense is pointing out someone elses disgusting behavior. (but mom, joey shoplifts too)

Man up, admit that you tried to lay the guy out and then say you never meant him to be seriously injured. I can still see him with that big dip in his mouth by his locker screaming at a reporter "WAS THERE A FLAG? WAS THE HIT LEGAL?"

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2008, 10:19 AM
did u hear him trying to give props to chad during the preview of the pack bears game on the show??

hoser!

DonHutson
11-13-2008, 06:57 PM
He then stated that the Packers once had a player who body slammed a QB who never played again. He couldn't remember Charles Martin's name and of course, was wrong about Jim McMahon's never playing again. He tried to play it off, but he was nervous about the whole thing.

Unless Chad Clifton was that guy, and unless Warren Sapp was on that Bears team... what does that have to do with anything?

KYPack
11-13-2008, 08:09 PM

Unless Chad Clifton was that guy, and unless Warren Sapp was on that Bears team... what does that have to do with anything?

Nothing.

The guy was super defensive. The idea was that HE wasn't a dirty player but Packer fans should STFU because their TEAM once had a dirty player on it.

He was groping and didn't ever find anything to grasp on to.

Sapp was a great DT, but that was a dirty play on a lot of levels. You can find a lot of guys to feed the bone if that's all you want to do. Their is a thing known as respect and that was a dog ass play.

Brando19
11-13-2008, 08:16 PM
I've never seen the hit. Anyone have the link?