PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker may be done for the year!

Patler
11-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Ankle surgery likely:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c76908&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

MJZiggy
11-13-2008, 07:14 PM
He needs to just retire and get it over with. The football gods do not like him.

Patler
11-13-2008, 07:18 PM
He needs to just retire and get it over with. The football gods do not like him.

Why should he retire? He gets paid more for doing less than just about anyone in the league! :D

red
11-13-2008, 07:21 PM
he is done for the year according to PFT

deangelo hall got 8 million for 8 games

javon got 13 million for those 8 games

his career should be over at this point. the guys got nothing left. he was a one year wonder

MJZiggy
11-13-2008, 07:43 PM

Why should he retire? He gets paid more for doing less than just about anyone in the league! :D

The football gods can reach players off the field as well...

bobblehead
11-13-2008, 08:07 PM
he is done for the year according to PFT

deangelo hall got 8 million for 8 games

javon got 13 million for those 8 games

his career should be over at this point. the guys got nothing left. he was a one year wonder

He made brett favre, just ask his father in law.

red
11-13-2008, 08:12 PM
he's a classic case of a guy with all the talent in the world, but just didn't have the heart to play up to his potential

we know this because he played with heart and passion for just over one full season. then he got hurt, then he got paid. then nothing else mattered

gbgary
11-13-2008, 08:13 PM
he's been done for a while now. bad choices and bad luck have taken their toll on the guy.

SkinBasket
11-13-2008, 09:13 PM
God TT was an idiot.

Rastak
11-13-2008, 10:15 PM
God TT was an idiot.

I thought he was a genius for trading a guy who insisted he'd never play for the team again....tough call, that.

BF4MVP
11-14-2008, 10:10 AM
God TT was an idiot.

I thought he was a genius for trading a guy who insisted he'd never play for the team again....tough call, that.
The tough call was not giving him a huge extension when he wanted one..Worked out pretty well, I'd say..

cpk1994
11-14-2008, 10:35 AM
he's been done for a while now. bad choices and bad luck have taken their toll on the guy.I wouldn't call it bad luck. I call it kharma.

sheepshead
11-14-2008, 12:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr4zj3GeXw0

Harlan Huckleby
11-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Javon Walker is still in football?

Patler
11-14-2008, 02:29 PM

He specializes in salary cap utilization. He has developed a unique ability to absorb significant amounts of a teams salary cap, without occupying roster positions for lengthy periods. This allows the team to sign still other players to use still more of the salary cap.

Without guys like Walker, teams are hamstrung like the Packers were at the start of the year, a full roster and too much available salary cap money. They then have to figure out ways to use up that salary cap money. Which player should they re-sign? For how much? For how long? All very difficult questions. Walker simplifies it for GMs on teams he signs with.

Guiness
11-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Saying he's done for the year implied he actually got started at some point.

I honestly can't think of any way Oakland could be more of a train wreck this year...

Gunakor
11-15-2008, 11:19 AM

Kinda funny that Al Davis would release a healthy DeAngelo Hall but held onto a training room regular like Javon Walker. God things are messed up over there right now. Someone needs to wrestle control away from Tales From The Crypt and get things straightened out already...

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 11:26 AM

favre jinxed him

MateoInMex
11-16-2008, 11:59 AM

favre jinxed him

Poor Javon...the guy that equated his "contract situation" to that of a soldier in Iraq. It was impossible to respect the guy. He was a hypocrite who should have had the initial 7 million he made in Green Bay retracted after he crashed a jetski...which I believe was a stipulation in his contract.

Getting rid of him was a wise move then, and it's turned out to be a brilliant move after the fact.