PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL PACK VS bears GAMEDAY THREAD

Pages : [1] 2

MOBB DEEP
11-14-2008, 10:07 AM
hard to believe the pack has lost 4 straight to them @ lambeau (spread is +4 on the road this week? yeah right) and the pack is 2-2 @ home this season ("aint a dam thing to do in GB" except play football and support the phoenix). when lovie (weird name) came on board his MAIN focus was to "beat GB"

NOT THIS TIME...no 3 game losing streak!

the pack secondary (league-leading 16 int's) will force rexy (lost last 3 starts) into turnovers and aaron (AROD plays for the yanks and dates madonna people!) will throw for 285/2td's and grant will have 88 yds/1td as the pack wins 21-17

DONT GIVE UP ON AARON AND THE RUN D PEOPLE!!!

sheepshead
11-14-2008, 12:07 PM
psssst, they play on Sunday...

FavreChild
11-14-2008, 12:46 PM
People start the game-day thread early every week. What's the problem?

Personally, though, I am having a hard time getting fired up considering how we have played against the Bears recently, not to mention how we have played in recent weeks. I expect to see some of these mental mistakes improve...or else. :smack:

sheepshead
11-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Indeed isnt this entire forum dedicated to the next game? just sayin'

Brando19
11-14-2008, 07:09 PM
It's true...people start gameday threads days in advance, no reason to give this guy any grief for doing it. The Packers REALLY need to win this game...Playoffs seem to be slipping away.

Joemailman
11-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Teams have been airing it out against the Bears. Bears pass rush has been anemic, so hopefully we won't see a repeat of the woeful pass blocking we saw last week. Maybe a little snow will trick the Packers into thinking it's winter. Packers have played pretty well the last couple of years once the weather turns cold.

gex
11-14-2008, 08:01 PM
If we can hold them on special teams and prevent their defense from returning a fumble or pick for 6 then we win.

Partial
11-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Dibs on next. It's been two years for this guy.

Brando19
11-14-2008, 09:08 PM
I've never started a gameday thread. :cry:

Bretsky
11-14-2008, 09:12 PM

I'm like Manny Ram; want the bat when clutch time comes

My powers cannot be wasted til playoff time

I took the bat last year and hit us through the playoffs........and I still blame the dirty Bush for not covering up that fumble or it'd have been Super Bowl baby :!:

Partial
11-14-2008, 09:30 PM

OK you take next. Give 'er hell, kid :lol:

GBRulz
11-14-2008, 11:24 PM
I went to Fleet Farm today to stock up on hand warmers for Sunday. Supposed to be cold with snow flurries. These are the kind of games that I like :)

Freak Out
11-14-2008, 11:30 PM
I went to Fleet Farm today to stock up on hand warmers for Sunday. Supposed to be cold with snow flurries. These are the kind of games that I like :)

Don't forget a flask of plum brandy or something.

Bretsky
11-14-2008, 11:37 PM

I just hope the Bikini Girls are there to keep me warm :!: :lol:

Fritz
11-15-2008, 07:28 AM
If the Pack doesn't win this game I'm going to be absolutely despondent. I won't even have the heart to check out Packerrats for who knows how long.

And it's not that I'm fair weather. It's that it hurts too bad.

Iron Mike
11-15-2008, 09:27 AM
If the Pack doesn't win this game I'm going to be absolutely despondent. I won't even have the heart to check out Packerrats for who knows how long.

BEAR DOWN PISS AND MOLD CLOWNS!!!!

Rastak
11-15-2008, 09:59 AM

BEAR DOWN PISS AND MOLD CLOWNS!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Teams have been airing it out against the Bears. Bears pass rush has been anemic, so hopefully we won't see a repeat of the woeful pass blocking we saw last week

dito. i think keepn aaron in the shotgun alot and using the TE freguently is a good idea. urlacher is slowing down (although he does get up for the pack)

GOTA win so my 11-5 prediction holds true :wink:

Brando19
11-15-2008, 02:52 PM

OK you take next. Give 'er hell, kid :lol:

:lol: Thank you!

TennesseePackerBacker
11-15-2008, 03:19 PM
This game is about as must-win as it can get for the Packers this early in the season. With the Vegas line opening up at the Packers -4 it tells me that Vegas has a considerable amount of confidence in the Packers as the public is pounding their money on the Bears.

The Pack have a lot of match-ups going in their favor, as long as the offensive line holds up I'm fairly confident in a win...hopefully not another close loss.

Tony Oday
11-15-2008, 04:06 PM
This will not even be close. Their offense is all run...I know we can't hold against the run but dang it if we cant put 8 in the box against this team!

29-10 Kamp with the Saftey

Bretsky
11-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I am going tomorrow

We will win because we are the better team; plz ignore the fact that I said the same thing last week

TennesseePackerBacker
11-15-2008, 09:54 PM
I am going tomorrow

We will win because we are the better team; plz ignore the fact that I said the same thing last week

We looked like the better team against the Titans as well. This young team has got to learn how to finish.

Brando19
11-15-2008, 09:55 PM
I am going tomorrow

You're going? How did you manage tickets? Have a good time, Bretsky! I hope the Packers pull out a win. Remember to yell once for us...and don't worry...I'll be at home kicking your ass in our Fantasy Football matchup. :P

Bretsky
11-15-2008, 09:59 PM
I am going tomorrow

You're going? How did you manage tickets? Have a good time, Bretsky! I hope the Packers pull out a win. Remember to yell once for us...and don't worry...I'll be at home kicking your ass in our Fantasy Football matchup. :P

Yes, good luck to all FF'er. I hope you finish with 149 to my 150 Brando :lol:

My parents have tix so I go to 3 games each year for the most part

MateoInMex
11-16-2008, 12:50 AM

I started one last year approximately an hour before the game Brando, and some a$$hole who was the "certified game thread starter" had me punted so he and his buddies could commence the seance...I believe the Packers lost that game.

There should be an official Game Thread start time, and anyone can start it by that time if noone else has started it...

It's that simple...

Dabaddestbear
11-16-2008, 01:34 AM
If we can hold them on special teams and prevent their defense from returning a fumble or pick for 6 then we win.
So you mean you will just lay down when the Bears offense gets the ball? :roll:

Dabaddestbear
11-16-2008, 01:39 AM
This game is about as must-win as it can get for the Packers this early in the season. With the Vegas line opening up at the Packers -4 it tells me that Vegas has a considerable amount of confidence in the Packers as the public is pounding their money on the Bears.

The Pack have a lot of match-ups going in their favor, as long as the offensive line holds up I'm fairly confident in a win...hopefully not another close loss.
No vegas is all about winning money, not losing it. The Packers and -4 tells me that Vegas is hoping a lot of people will go with the spread (as most do) and then watch as the Bears trump the Packers. Vegas gets paid this weekend off of this game! :twisted:

Dabaddestbear
11-16-2008, 01:42 AM
This will not even be close. Their offense is all run...I know we can't hold against the run but dang it if we cant put 8 in the box against this team!

29-10 Kamp with the Saftey
The better team for that day is whoever wins. Now who is the better team for the year will play itself out. Just keep in mind that the Packers )line has been crap. And so has the Bears Pass rush. I say the crappy Bears pass rush will come alive on Sunday because they are playing an offensive line that is even crappier in protecting their QB. :wink:

steve823
11-16-2008, 03:11 AM
Bears Secondary = 29th in the league..enough said.end of story.

mm better be ready cuz im sick of his playcalling pack win 27-17

Dabaddestbear
11-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Bears Secondary = 29th in the league..enough said.end of story.

mm better be ready cuz im sick of his playcalling pack win 27-17
Yeah, and as a Bears fan that is what I am scared of. But keep in mind that almost every team the Bears played had a better O-line than than the Packers. That being said, if the Bears secondary plays just decent today, the Bears win. If they keep making every QB look like Dan Marino then its going to be scary --- For Bear fans.

Fritz
11-16-2008, 09:23 AM
I am going tomorrow

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

FavreChild
11-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Exactly as I was reading your post, Fritz, TBS aired a commercial for The Wizard of Oz.

Funny, but I don't seem to recall Bretsky being a good luck charm for any Wisconsin sports teams.

GrnBay007
11-16-2008, 09:48 AM

I started one last year approximately an hour before the game Brando, and some a$$hole who was the "certified game thread starter" had me punted so he and his buddies could commence the seance...I believe the Packers lost that game.

There should be an official Game Thread start time, and anyone can start it by that time if noone else has started it...

It's that simple...

Meteo, the Packers probably won the week before the game you tried to start a game thread.

Little "unofficial" game day tread rule at PR (for the superstitious among us :D ) ...if the Packers win, the person that started the game day thread continues to make the game day thread until they lose. ...probably what happened in your case last year. No other reason as you are a beloved poster here. :P

GrnBay007
11-16-2008, 10:17 AM
http://www.zbud.com/forums/images/smilies/gpg.gif http://www.zbud.com/forums/images/smilies/gpg.gif

We are having a mini family reunion today with the Pack fan family members (cool ones :P ) to watch the game today....complete with a cook out while the snow is falling. :D

Good luck Packers!!!

http://www.zbud.com/forums/images/smilies/gpg.gif

http://www.packerpalace.com/palace08/bears-still-suck-npl.gif

MateoInMex
11-16-2008, 11:17 AM

It's that simple...

Mateo, the Packers probably won the week before the game you tried to start a game thread.

Little "unofficial" game day tread rule at PR (for the superstitious among us :D ) ...if the Packers win, the person that started the game day thread continues to make the game day thread until they lose. ...probably what happened in your case last year. No other reason as you are a beloved poster here. :P

LOL Sassy. That's sweet of you to say, thanks for the kind words. I think you gave me the energy to run outside today. And you're probably right about the reason I was punted from the thread, but there IMO was some pretty telling comments from other posters after it happened.

There was a specific dick poster after it happened who I won't name. They made it sound like a Viking troll started a game thread to throw salt on the Packers..but it's not like I'm bitter or anything.

How is it I can remember something this silly, but I have trouble remembering important stuff...like a court date or a business meeting?

Rastak
11-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Bears Pack inactives:

Bears: QB Caleb Hanie (3rd), CB Marcus Hamilton, RB Kevin Jones, T Fred Miller, DT Matt Toeaina, WR Earl Bennett, NT Anthony Adams, DE Ervin Baldwin.

Analysis: RB Adrian Peterson will back up RB Matt Forte with Jones inactive. WR Brandon Lloyd is active and will see his first action in several weeks.

Packers: QB Brian Brohm (3rd), CB Pat Lee , RB DeShawn Wynn, LB Nick Barnett, T Breno Giacomini, G Allen Barbre, WR Ruvell Martin, DE Jeremy Thompson.

Analysis: QB Aaron Rodgers and CB Charles Woodson are active and will start, as expected. The absence of Barnett is good news for the value of Bears RB Matt Forte this week.

Vikings Bucs inactives:

Vikings: QB John David Booty, LB Erin Henderson, T Marcus Johnson, DE Otis Grigsby, FB Jeff Dugan, WR Robert Ferguson, DT Letroy Guion.

Analysis: DE Jared Allen and S Madieu Williams are active and will play.

Buccaneers: QB Josh Johnson (3rd), QB Brian Griese, WR Dexter Jackson, SS Jermaine Phillips, RB Carnell “Cadillac” Williams, T James Lee, TE Alex Smith, DT Greg Peterson.

Analysis: RBs Earnest Graham and Warrick Dunn are active and will share carries against the Vikings.

MOBB DEEP
11-16-2008, 11:23 AM
orton's startn according to fox

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 11:28 AM
The Bears always seem to play their best against the Pack... I guess it's because of the long-term rivalry and getting their asses kicked throughout most of the Favre era. I personally think the Vikes are a better rivalry as of late - but the Bears didn't get that message.

For the Pack to win this game-
- The Bears pass rush has not lived up to potential. The Pack's OLine needs to continue this streak and give ARod some time (see his performance in games where he's sacked less frequently).
- Continue the ball hungry defense - Bigby hasn't been around the ball much since returning. If we win the turnover battle, good things will come.
- Spy Forte and minimize Hawk's homecoming to MLB by sneaking up additional coverage over the middle. If we are able to limit Forte's success and put it in Orton's hands, Pack has a decent shot.

I think this game comes down to who makes less mistakes. Packers have hurt themselves with poor coaching decisions and penalties in many games. So I see this game being decided by a touch or less.

Pack 23
Bears 17

Partial
11-16-2008, 11:28 AM
I think we lose this one :(

MateoInMex
11-16-2008, 11:41 AM
I think we lose this one :(

I would think the Packers are sick about how they lost last week in Minnesota. Even though they're .500 at home, the advantage still should weigh towards Aaron Rodgers and his receiving corps. Hopefully, if the offensive line doesn't roll over in the first quarter and get their quarterback leveled, the Packers can look to throw the ball against the Bears and win today.

bobblehead
11-16-2008, 11:49 AM

It's that simple...

Meteo, the Packers probably won the week before the game you tried to start a game thread.

FUCK....this means mobb gets to start the gameday thread the rest of the year. How annoying is that going to be.

falco
11-16-2008, 11:52 AM
lol terry bradshaw just ripped TT for getting rid of favre, saying that "green bay has the same core group of wide receivers as last year and one of the leagues finest offensive lines"

Rastak
11-16-2008, 11:52 AM
This is your NFC North correspondent checking in from in front of the Vikings Bucs game. Hope the Bears Pack is a good one.

Rastak
11-16-2008, 11:53 AM
lol terry bradshaw just ripped TT for getting rid of favre, saying that "green bay has the same core group of wide receivers as last year and one of the leagues finest offensive lines"

They were solid last year....maybe that's what me meant LOL,,,,

The Shadow
11-16-2008, 11:54 AM

It was also said of Terry Bradshaw : "He couldn't spell 'cat' if you spotted him the 'c' and 't'."

Gunakor
11-16-2008, 11:54 AM

I know... I was kinda puzzled myself. Think Bradshaw's age is starting to cloud his judgement?

Gunakor
11-16-2008, 11:55 AM

They were solid last year....maybe that's what me meant LOL,,,,

Nah, he emphasized that the OL is still one of the league's finest this year as well to prove his point about the difference in this year's team vs. last year's resting solely at the QB position. Which IMO is also a false assumption by the way.

falco
11-16-2008, 11:56 AM
also, PFT awarded "chad clifton" tackle of the year in their midseason awards... I think some people don't watch the games eh (florio probably based it on week 1 vs vikes)

The Gunshooter
11-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Today, GB wins and creates a clusterfuck in the NFC North.

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Sitting here in SoCal watching all the smoke from the fires blowing by. They have the game on nationally (instead of NFL Ticket).

If local Fox breaks in to tell me more about some rich folks homes burning in the OC and don't switch the game to the Ticket, I'm gonna be irrate.

Rastak
11-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Sitting here in SoCal watching all the smoke from the fires blowing by. They have the game on nationally (instead of NFL Ticket).

If local Fox breaks in to tell me more about some rich folks homes burning in the OC and don't switch the game to the Ticket, I'm gonna be irrate.

Yea, and if you try and call to bitch the phone will just ring and ring. MAN I hate that shit. In Minnesota if it's cloudy out they'll switch to weather coverage for most the screen and a little box with the game in it.

IF a tornado is in progress I could see a small box saying "Run down to the basement after the next play, grab a radio"

gex
11-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Any Fantasy players watch the games at cbs sportsline live scoreboard, its real time and shows and tells what is going on in each game.
Anybody know of any other sites like/better than that.

bobblehead
11-16-2008, 12:03 PM
also, PFT awarded "chad clifton" tackle of the year in their midseason awards... I think some people don't watch the games eh (florio probably based it on week 1 vs vikes)

You have GOT to be kidding. I am a HUGE cliffy fan and I wouldn't vote him "tackle of the packers year". His play has been horrendous...granted against good players, but he used to shut down EVERYONE in the pass. This year he has been bad in pass and GOD AWFUL in the run.

gbgary
11-16-2008, 12:05 PM
bears allowing only 75 per game cuz everyone is throwing on them.

red
11-16-2008, 12:05 PM
clifton hurt already

best tackle in the nfl my ass

and a flag, sweet

gex
11-16-2008, 12:06 PM
yea delayed handoff

red
OMG, a draw

nice run

Gunakor
Good call MM!!

The Gunshooter

What baldy needs to realize is Favre is good enough to get GB a NFC North championship but not good enough to win the NFL championship. The idea was to look long term and see if Rodgers can develope into the guy that gets them a super bowl championship. Most likely Rodgers will get better and still be playing long after favre is gone.

bobblehead
MM reads packerrats...a draw play.

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 12:07 PM
I didn't know Blackmon had an injured thigh?

Now Clifton walks off the field.

WoW, grant busts a big one - I like the early committment to the run.

Keep it going until they stop you.

DannoMac21
11-16-2008, 12:08 PM
My God, the penalties need to stop.

Fosco33
Pack didn't get the memo about not hurting themselves with penalties...

gex
go for it

DannoMac21
11-16-2008, 12:09 PM
STOP FUCKING SCREEN PASSING IT ON 3RD DOWNS GOOD FUCKING GOD

retailguy
4 minutes into the game and 2 penalties already.... :?

Fosco33
Gotta love 3rd and long with a short pass :roll:

red
2 penalties already

this is ridiculous that m3 continues to let that crap go

MateoInMex
A 35 yard run, and the Packers get zilch?

Gunakor
11-16-2008, 12:11 PM

They gained field position at least. Now the defense just has to hold it for them.

gbgary
being the most penalized team just feeds on itself. refs looking even closer for shit to call.

Fosco33
At least Frost got it inside the 10... a 3 and out puts us back where we left off.

Seriously though, you have a 3rd and 3 - you throw that short pass for a 1st down. When you need 8 yards, why throw a 3 yards pass?

red
11-16-2008, 12:12 PM
the team seems much more fired up this week, thank god

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Is this gonna be one of those 4 hour games with penalties on every play?

Let em play zebras.

gex
11-16-2008, 12:13 PM
3rd and 7 HOLD

imscott72
11-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Orton reinjured the ankle maybe,,

Fosco33
How about that - a 3rd and long pass - past the 1st down marker...

Our playcaller could learn something.

red
damnit

thats how you get first downs

red
go get em AJ, this is your chance to shine

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Bears Olinemen (#76) spelled his name wrong.

He's missing the 'n' in taint.

MateoInMex
11-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Nice coverage Al!

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Think Orton makes it through the whole game or do we get to play against sexy.

imscott72
11-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Good job defense..

imscott72
11-16-2008, 12:18 PM

I don't think he will. That cold weather can't feel good on that sore ankle..

gbgary
way to go Packer D!

hope mm chewed some offensive ass during that time.

MateoInMex

They gained field position at least. Now the defense just has to hold it for them.

But still, with a suspect o-line, and you peel off a 35 yard run and are unable to get any points, it's pathetic! You're right though...at least the Bears started from deep in their own territory.

Gunakor
11-16-2008, 12:19 PM

Aaron Kampman can't feel too good on that ankle either :lol:

MateoInMex
11-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Good job defense..

Did Justin Harrell play in the first series at all? I was unavoidably detained by a 3 day old and a 3 year old at the moment.

Gunakor
See what running the ball does for your offense MM??

That'll be open all day long if you don't give up on the run!!

Rastak
NFC North update....Vikings stop Tampa on 4th and one and convert a Longwell FG to take a 3-0 lead.

imscott72

Aaron Kampman can't feel too good on that ankle either :lol:

Prob not..

red
11-16-2008, 12:21 PM
jesus fucking christ

bench those assholes

Fosco33
Get your head out of your asses

imscott72
Good job defense..

Did Justin Harrell play in the first series at all? I was unavoidably detained by a 3 day old and a 3 year old at the moment.

Not sure as I didn't get to see it all either. Trying to make lunch while on a work break..

MateoInMex
OH shit!!! Here we go!

Knock this shit off!!!

Tony Oday
$500 fine for every false start...

imscott72
11-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Grant is running with a serious purpose today..Some good blocking out there so far..

Fred's Slacks
MM really need to do more about these penalties. I am sure he's doing something. Whatever it is, its not enough.

Gunakor
RUN the ball here MM...

imscott72
Kuhn!!!

MateoInMex
11-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Good job defense..

Not sure as I didn't get to see it all either. Trying to make lunch while on a work break..

Oh...okay..No worries. We'll know soon enough.

red
$500 fine for every false start...

$50,000 don't screw around. make them feel it

MateoInMex
I love watching Donal Driver after the catch.

Gunakor
11-16-2008, 12:24 PM

Nobody in the NFL does it better than him.

imscott72
Jordy!!

The Gunshooter
Rodgers sure looks better without a pass rush

gbgary
lets see...play action, keeping backs in to block, less empty backfield w/shot gun formation. who's been calling for that? :whist: they must read packerats.

MateoInMex
This is another impressive drive. Open it up for Ryan Grant.

imscott72
lmfao @ Spitz.... :lol:

red
11-16-2008, 12:25 PM
LOL

Tony Oday
Review it! ;)

Gunakor
ROFL, poor Spitz. Big guys never get TD's...

red
shit, driver hurt

imscott72
JENNINGS!!!!! WOOT

red
TD JENNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fosco33
7 for 7 and a TD.

Thanks Aaron

Tony Oday
I DONT WANNA WORK I JUST WANNA BANG ON THE DRUM ALL DAY!

MateoInMex

Nobody in the NFL does it better than him.

Definately. He looks like he got banged up a bit on his last catch though.

RODGER>>>>>>>JENNINGS>>>TD!!

Nice!

The Gunshooter
Home cooking really helps too.

red
11-16-2008, 12:26 PM
much better this week guys

gbgary
11-16-2008, 12:26 PM
the slant is a staple of our offense? that must be the 8th time we've tried it this year. :lol:

gex
11-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Jennings YES!!!! :D :D :D

red
11-16-2008, 12:27 PM
now don't sit on the lead

gbgary
11-16-2008, 12:28 PM
now don't sit on the lead

right! :lol:

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 12:28 PM
So DD has a turftoe injury - possibly reaggravated it?

Fred's Slacks
11-16-2008, 12:29 PM

Awesome. Turf toe = big game. We can expect 150 yds and 2 td.

gbgary
11-16-2008, 12:30 PM

blackmon has one and last week ran that punt back. afterward i posted to hand out "turftoes to everyone."

didn't want them to take that seriously. :oops:

red
11-16-2008, 12:31 PM
see how hawk stayed with him and made the tackle. he didn't jump out of bounds and let his guy go for a td like bishop did

gbgary
11-16-2008, 12:32 PM
got a feeling a pick-6 is coming soon.

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Not much of a bump by TWill on Olsen.

Rastak
11-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Bucs kick the 39 yard FG....Vikes 3 Bucs 3

gbgary
den, hou, nyg, mia, det, all up right now

red
that taco bell commercial was horrible

MateoInMex
11-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Harrell isn't in the game so far today. But I have no idea to the severity of his injury... Wait!! I just saw him!!! Way to nut it up buddy!!!

Nice job Pickett on the stop!

red
11-16-2008, 12:38 PM
come on nick

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Can we spy Forte yet - it's the entires Bear's offense.

M3 is the worst coach in the league for challenges. BY FAR.
What a dumbass - so it's 10 stupid yards.

Keep it when it matters - like a fumble, a TD on a 3rd down, etc.

He's not a very bright :idea:

MateoInMex
11-16-2008, 12:40 PM
that taco bell commercial was horrible

So was Hancock!! That POS is coming out on DVD...

retailguy
11-16-2008, 12:41 PM
wow. that's close. :shock:

retailguy
11-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Pack wins one? Could that be right? :shock:

retailguy
11-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Forte is amazing. Future of the team right there...

Rastak
End of first quarter Vikes 3 Bucs 3 Vikes in the red zone.

MOBB DEEP
bend dont break

retailguy
did everybody leave?

MateoInMex
Way to get a stop!!!

red
11-16-2008, 12:44 PM
jolly, another knockdown

thats all that guy does, how many is that for his career?

retailguy
bend dont break

Well it worked there, but I'm kind of tired of the rubber band defense.

Fosco33

Defense holds - so instead of a 42 yr FG - it's a 35 yarder. Big whoop.

I don't like most of M3's challenges.

Tony Oday
Alright Pack lets get another TD.

gbgary
jolly old johnny makes a play. held them to 3.

PackerTimer
11-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Good stop by the defense.

retailguy
11-16-2008, 12:46 PM

I don't like most of M3's challenges.

yeah, I get your point. It assumes though, that the "D" would've held from the 14.... Not sure that's true, but it's possible.

red
11-16-2008, 12:47 PM

pfff, we ended our 1st a long time ago

god you guys suck

gbgary
11-16-2008, 12:48 PM
heidi :shock:

pack4to84
11-16-2008, 12:48 PM

I don't like most of M3's challenges.you mean a 27yd vs 35yd, but that challenge changed the momentum.

red
11-16-2008, 12:50 PM
you guys sure that wasn't grounding?

retailguy
grant is running hard today.

Rastak

god you guys suck

Given all them penalties that is impressive.....

Fosco33

I don't like most of M3's challenges.you mean a 27yd vs 35yd, but that challenge changed the momentum.

Doh - yeah. I just don't see momentum changing there for 7 yards. It gave the D some rest - so it was a pseudo timeout (about the only thing I'd agree with).

I say it's just as hard to score from either position - the field isn't very deep there.

My point was - M3's challenges typically suck. And I'd say that's been true for the last 2 years.

Rastak
11-16-2008, 12:51 PM
NFC North update, Vikings TD pass to Wade..

Vikes 10 Bucs 3

imscott72
Ouch Grant got jacked up..

MateoInMex
Nice hit, but a great effort to get the 1st down.

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 12:52 PM
WoW - what a big hit by Brown on Grant. I could feel his ribs breaking from hear... hope it's just 'wind'. Surprised he held onto the ball.

Gunakor
11-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Way to go B-Jax...

Hope Grant is okay, looked like it coulda been a stinger maybe...

PackerTimer
11-16-2008, 12:54 PM
WOW! O-line is dominating in the running game right now.

imscott72
11-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Love how they're slamming the ball right down their friggin throats..Offense looks great today so far..

The Gunshooter
11-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Nelson was bumped over 5 yards past the line.

Tony Oday
11-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Hawk SHEDDING blockers.

imscott72
Is the site really slow for anyone else? I even get it to load half the time..No probs with any other sites..

gbgary
ok.......we're back. server prob i guess.

bad throw by AR but nice answer by the d.

The Gunshooter
Not a bad interception considering it is like a punt but Rodgers needs to put more air under that pass and let his receiver run under it. I know the pass was short too but a good pass and it is a TD.

retailguy

god you guys suck

Given all them penalties that is impressive.....

good one!

red
11-16-2008, 01:02 PM
bad throw

that should have been an easy TD

gex
11-16-2008, 01:02 PM
NICE PUNT aROD :D

red
11-16-2008, 01:03 PM
lucky, i don't think he was touched

Fred's Slacks
11-16-2008, 01:03 PM
bad throw

I usually defend rodgers. That's a throw he needs to make. He's got time and a running game. No excuses this week.

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Jeez - what a terrible pass by ARod on the INT. If it was 5 feet higher and 5 yards longer and a little to the left - it was a TD. Shoulder/Cold?

Glad Grant just had his wind knocked out.

Why on 2nd and 1 with the way we're running, do we not take a shot down the field? I'm all for 1st downs - but that's about as close to a free play as you get.

D holds to a 3 and out gives us a net 30 yard loss or so.

Why is the site so slow???

retailguy
11-16-2008, 01:05 PM
bad throw

I usually defend rodgers. That's a throw he needs to make. He's got time and a running game. No excuses this week.

Fred, just noticed you're from Plover. Love to eat at the Nutshell when we're up visiting my family!

imscott72
11-16-2008, 01:11 PM
TOUCHDOWN GRANT!!

retailguy
11-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Why is the site so slow???

Bears hackers? :wink:

Fred's Slacks
11-16-2008, 01:13 PM
bad throw

Fred, just noticed you're from Plover. Love to eat at the Nutshell when we're up visiting my family!

Wish I knew what the Nutshell was. :oops:

I've been here about 5 years now but I don't get out too much.

red
11-16-2008, 01:14 PM
great couple of runs by grant. already over 100 with a td

seems like the line got its ass in gear finally

red
11-16-2008, 01:18 PM
dp

server sucks

red
11-16-2008, 01:29 PM
dumb call on the pass play for the bears

and another horrible call by the refs against us on cole

Fred's Slacks
11-16-2008, 01:30 PM
dumb call on the pass play for the bears

and another horrible call by the refs against us on cole

I hate to complain about officiating but there have been a number of head scratchers this year.

falco
11-16-2008, 01:35 PM
hey rastak, vikes are going to have a rough year with all their starters on the DL gone.

on a side note, prayers are with antonio chatman - hope he'll be ok

MateoInMex
11-16-2008, 01:40 PM
A very impressive 1st half by GB. Keep the penalties down and protect the quarterback. Very telling last week, Rodgers was sacked 4 times, and knocked down 12.

Today ...0

nice job o-line!!

Fred's Slacks
11-16-2008, 01:40 PM
hey rastak, vikes are going to have a rough year with all their starters on the DL gone.

What happened?

and

What happened?

Tony Oday
11-16-2008, 01:41 PM
So is the Bears Run D like the Vikings Run D?? Only so dominate because the passing defense sucks?

I mean the Vikes do have two stud Tackles but the rest is average.

Iron Mike
11-16-2008, 01:44 PM
C'mon, Kampy!!!! :evil:

Tony Oday
11-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Dang Kamp you gots Collins hands! ;)

red
11-16-2008, 01:45 PM

What happened?

and

What happened?

both williams might be suspended for the starcaps thing

allen might get suspended after the helmet to helmet hit on rodgers last week, after being warned about illegal hits. then their other DE today just drilled the qb way after he threw the ball

and chatman hurt his neck/back or head and was carted off the field and wasn't moving

so says PFT on both those

Iron Mike
11-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Dang Kamp you gots Collins hands! ;)

He just got a faceful of neckbeard!!! :P

gbgary
11-16-2008, 01:49 PM
nice play.

gbgary
11-16-2008, 01:52 PM
den, ind, nyg, mia, car, cin...all up right now.

tampa/minn tied

The Gunshooter
11-16-2008, 01:53 PM
I have been waiting for Chicago to crowd the line and sure enough GB punts. Rodgers and GB just can not handle the mental pressure.

red
11-16-2008, 01:54 PM
corner blitz baby

someone called that before the game

gbgary
11-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I have been waiting for Chicago to crowd the line and sure enough GB punts. Rodgers and GB just can not handle the mental pressure.

there's no pressure right now.

MadScientist
Nice one Woodson. Does that qualify as a coverage sack?

Iron Mike
Woodson with a faceful of neckbeard.

red
11-16-2008, 01:56 PM
just dumb al

MadScientist
11-16-2008, 01:56 PM
And Al gets the bears out of the hole.

Iron Mike
11-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Hester's awesome!!!!

red
11-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Hester's awesome!!!!

he's be a dangerous wr if he could just catch the ball

gbgary
11-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Hester's awesome!!!!

a credit to punt returners all over the world.

Iron Mike
11-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Hester's awesome!!!!

he's be a dangerous wr if he could just catch the ball

You could have said the same thing about Bill Schroeder.

gbgary
11-16-2008, 02:02 PM
awesome play. keeping guys in to block works wonders.

Iron Mike
11-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Do Da Bears have a defensive backfield??? I see an awful lot of wide open Packer WRs. :P

The Gunshooter
I love to see Rodgers go left. You can't scramble right all the time and he has the arm for it.

red
pure power up the middle

nice drive so far

gbgary
11-16-2008, 02:05 PM
footsteps?

Tony Oday
11-16-2008, 02:06 PM
SO CLOSE!

GRANT RUMBLIN BUMBLIN STUMBLIN!

red
great run

let him punch it in

gbgary
awesome!!!!!!!!

Fred's Slacks
Great block Jordy!!!!

red
nice blocking clifton

digitaldean
OMG, is Grant a friggin' horse today.

gbgary
11-16-2008, 02:07 PM
play action, roll out.

Iron Mike
Cliffy shit the bed again. :(

gbgary
TD!!

red
TD lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice play action

Fred's Slacks
That was set up perfectly by the run game.

Nice Drive!

Gunakor
11-16-2008, 02:08 PM
That's gonna be there all day long. What a beautiful drive.

digitaldean
11-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Boy if this holds up, I can't wait to laugh my ass off listening to Doug and OB's post game show (and the bridge jumping Bear fans)

PackerTimer
11-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Nicely called game my MM so far. He's mixed up the run and pass beatifully. Of course that becomes much easier to do when your running game is churning out 6 or 7 yards every carry.

gbgary
11-16-2008, 02:09 PM
DEN, IND, NYG, MIA, CAR, CIN...ALL UP RIGHT NOW WITH TB/MINN TIED.

Gunakor
11-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Nicely called game my MM so far. He's mixed up the run and pass beatifully. Of course that becomes much easier to do when your running game is churning out 6 or 7 yards every carry.

It's been churning out healthy yards per carry for a couple weeks now. Nice of MM to finally notice.

Tony Oday
11-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Vikes recovered a fumble

digitaldean
11-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Considering the Bears D only is giving up an avg of 70-75 yds per game, that would speak volumes at how well the line is playing today.

Iron Mike
11-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Hester's awesome!

I'm gonna go look for a picture that will make you guys laugh your ass off.

The Shadow
11-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Boy if this holds up, I can't wait to laugh my ass off listening to Doug and OB's post game show (and the bridge jumping Bear fans)

GOOD TIMES AHEAD!!!!!!!!!
The 'fans' will be ready to fire the whole team!!!!!!!!!!

The Gunshooter
11-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah, put rex in. That will make it about 52-3.

Tony Oday
11-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Whoever is throwing that football up in the air at the snap is pissing me off!

Gunakor
11-16-2008, 02:18 PM
GREAT catch Tory!!!

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 02:19 PM
2nd and inches - run...

2nd time today.

I hate that call. Lucky catch by Tory otherwise we'd have a tough call on 4th down.

PackerTimer
11-16-2008, 02:21 PM

GOOD TIMES AHEAD!!!!!!!!!
The 'fans' will be ready to fire the whole team!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds familiar.

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Hester's awesome!

I'm gonna go look for a picture that will make you guys laugh your ass off.

The one with his car?
http://sweeptheleg.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/hester-louis-2.JPG

PackerTimer
11-16-2008, 02:22 PM

It's been churning out healthy yards per carry for a couple weeks now. Nice of MM to finally notice.

Indeed.

red
11-16-2008, 02:23 PM
another shitty spot

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 02:25 PM
another slant

Welcome to the game Finley - now shut ur mouth

Iron Mike
Jermismatch sighting!!!

Gunakor
OH WOW!!!

red
great catch

digitaldean
A Finley sighting? I thought that clown would be in the permanent s-hole with his mouth and his play of late.

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Either great catch or great act by GJ (hand under ball - or a slight trap).

Doesn't matter when we're moving the ball like this.

red
wow, we're just laying a beating on them now

Tony Oday
Wow

gbgary
11-16-2008, 02:27 PM
let's cut the jugular on this drive.

Fosco33
11-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Third 2nd and 1 run. :roll: