PDA

View Full Version : draft pick from the jets...

gbgary
11-14-2008, 12:35 PM
don't look now but the jets only have one tough game left and then it's clear sailing. they may end up with a first round by and be one game from the super bowl. :D

steve823
11-14-2008, 02:04 PM
ughh hope not. good for draft pick but i live in a house of jet fan plus ill ose a lot of money if the jets have a better record then the pack. :bang:

]{ilr]3
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Have they even had a tough game yet? The only real tough game on thier schedule is the Titans since the Patriots lost Brady.

Charles Woodson
11-14-2008, 04:41 PM
{ilr]3]Have they even had a tough game yet? The only real tough game on thier schedule is the Titans since the Patriots lost Brady.

Are you serious? did you not watch last nights game? Cassel played extremely well, 400 yds passing and 60 rushing, with a absolutely disgusting throw with time running out to randy moss for a touchdown to tie it up and put it in overtime, so dont say the patriots are crap because they lost brady, because that is a misconception

RashanGary
11-14-2008, 04:41 PM
I havn't watched too many of their games, but they seem to have a chance in the down AFC. I really don't think they're going to get to the SB, but getting to the playoffs is definitly doable. A 2nd round pick would be really helpfull for us going forward. We NEED lineman on both sides of the ball.

Kiwon
11-14-2008, 04:48 PM
What was the deal again?

What needs to happen for the Pack to get a 2nd rounder?

What needs to happen for the Pack to get a 1st rounder?

KYPack
11-14-2008, 04:56 PM
What was the deal again?

We've got the 3rd rounder in the bag

2nd round if Jets make the play-offs.

1st rounder if Jets go to Super bowl.

That 1st round pick would be the 31st or 32nd pick in the first, but what the hey?

Ballboy
11-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Packers vs. Jets in the Super Bowl.

Works for me!!

packerbacker1234
11-14-2008, 05:11 PM
ughh hope not. good for draft pick but i live in a house of jet fan plus ill ose a lot of money if the jets have a better record then the pack. :bang:

Better own up: Jets have a realistic chance at the SB this year, and not just because of #4. Something special is brewing on that team.

red
11-14-2008, 05:22 PM
What was the deal again?

We've got the 3rd rounder in the bag

2nd round if Jets make the play-offs.

1st rounder if Jets go to Super bowl.

That 1st round pick would be the 31st or 32nd pick in the first, but what the hey?

so would that second rounder

we're looking at, at worst a late third round pick, probably a late second, like last 8 picks or so. or at best 31 or 32

so the pick really doesn't look that great IMO. but oh well, it'll just end up being some other player i don't think we should draft or need

arcilite
11-14-2008, 05:33 PM

Better own up: Jets have a realistic chance at the SB this year, and not just because of #4. Something special is brewing on that team.

This is the same team that barely beat the chiefs and lost to the Raiders.

Remember that.

steve823
11-14-2008, 07:22 PM

Remember that.

Exactly. And look at the packers schedule..not as hard as the beginning. The 2 bears games will be hard.and the panthers can run so they might be a problem. But besdies that we have the lions and texans..should be 2 wins and the Saints and Jaguars who are playing bad this year.

But once again any given sunday..gotta remember that

Bretsky
11-14-2008, 07:23 PM

Remember that.

Exactly. And look at the packers schedule..not as hard as the beginning. The 2 bears games will be hard.and the panthers can run so they might be a problem. But besdies that we have the lions and texans..should be 2 wins and the Saints and Jaguars who are playing bad this year.

Bears
Panthers
Saints
Bears

all threats; if we go 3-1 in those games we should make the playoffs

bobblehead
11-14-2008, 09:18 PM

Remember that.

in order to make the favre v. rodgers comparisons valid I am insisting that the panthers call vinny testeverde....and the vikes played without tavarius...no fair.

RashanGary
11-15-2008, 12:22 AM
I believe the escalators went like this:

4th round pick guaranteed
3rd round pick if Brett played 50% of snaps
2nd round pick if Brett played 60% of snaps and got to playoffs
1st round pick if Brett played 70% of snaps and go to SB

We're gonna get the third so far. If they make the playoffs and Brett plays one or two more games, we'll get a 2nd. I'm really not even thinking about the 1st right now. I just don't see that team as being good enough overall to get there, even if the AFC is down. I'm rooting for the Jets now though. That 2nd would be very helpful to the cause. 2nd rounders are gold in the NFL.

Fritz
11-15-2008, 07:21 AM
First, I think Bretsky's correct in saying that if the Pack can take care of business against the Pussies and the Sexins, and go 3-1 against the teams he listed, they'll be in. I think that the Bears and Carolina are the toughest teams left, followed by the Aints, though I think that team is very beatable this year.

As for the pick, JH, the Jets need to get to the Super Bowl for it to be a first rounder. KY is correct. And Favre has to play a bunch of snaps.

As this point, it looks like the Packers will get a tasty second round pick. And I agree with JH that second rounders are gold in the NFL, especially if you have a good GM and scouting department.

Howz about picking some frickin' offensive linemen - some good ones - this year, Ted?

RashanGary
11-15-2008, 07:56 AM
dp

Badgerinmaine
11-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Just for the record, here's what the Jets have left:
Nov 23 @Tennessee
Nov 30 Denver
Dec 7 @San Francisco
Dec 14 Buffalo
Dec 21 @Seattle
Dec 28 Miami

Bretsky
11-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Just for the record, here's what the Jets have left:
Nov 23 @Tennessee
Nov 30 Denver
Dec 7 @San Francisco
Dec 14 Buffalo
Dec 21 @Seattle
Dec 28 Miami

So the Jets have to go at least 3-3, possilby 4-2, to get in

Still a coin toss

I don't think they beat Tennessee on the read.

I think the Packers and Jets are pretty similar teams; I can see them both winning any game but I don't have a lot of faith in them either.

RashanGary
11-15-2008, 09:31 AM
I agree, Bretsky. The Jets have gotten better on defense, but I think that is still their weakness. Favre (with a healthy Thomas Jones and Faneca) has helped stretch out their offense and improve their running game but they still have an average defense. IF they can get really healthy and play their best football in the post season they have a shot at anything (like the Giants), but I don't know if I see their defense as being strong enough. Their offense is pretty awsome though. As Brett gets more comfortable, I think he has a chip on his shoulder to prove he can play smarter, better football and he will NOT be the reason they lose. I also think it's pretty cool that Brett gets a chance in a completely different offense. He understands defenses and the WCO as well as any QB. As the season progresses he'll start incorporating the motion and confusion of the AFC style offenses. He might play great football down the stretch.

As far as the Packers, they have no depth on the DL and they have a couple wimps on the OL. The Packers just do not have the two pieces seemingly every SB team has, that is a strong OL and DL. In short, we're fucked. I accept that for now, but we do have the recources (several extra draft picks and money) to continue to grow those weak areas. Plus we're young and starting to grow together as TT locks up his guys for their 2nd contracts so that should help too.

Gunakor
11-15-2008, 12:13 PM

Remember that.

Bears
Panthers
Saints
Bears

all threats; if we go 3-1 in those games we should make the playoffs

Saints offense hasn't been nearly as good without Reggie Bush as they were with him. I guess if we had to play them earlier in the season I'd be very worried, but they don't really scare me as much anymore. They are very beatable all of a sudden. I think we win that one.

I see a series split with the Bears, each team winning at home. Both should be outstanding football games, played by two fairly evenly matched teams.

That leaves the Panthers. They scare me a bit because they have 2 good RB's in their stable. Their defense isn't quite what it once was, so we should be able to score against them. But we've struggled to stop one good RB this year, much less 2 of them. I can't really predict that game, but IMO our playoff chances ride heavily on that one.

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Favre (with a healthy Thomas Jones and Faneca) has helped stretch out their offense and improve their running game but they still have an average defense.

YOU R CRAZY! watch the games; D is equally impressive. except giving up 400 yds to cassel. but i think mangini dared him to beat us err...the jets. thus they had NO running game

screw draft picks....just win baby