11-14-2008, 12:51 PM
you gotta be fkin kidding me...

Harlan Huckleby
11-14-2008, 12:52 PM
sounds like he's going to play anyway.

MM assures us it really doen't hurt so bad. :D

steve823
11-14-2008, 02:02 PM
i thought this thread was a joke. guess not. if he doesnt play I have no more respect for him..but im confident he will play.

red
11-14-2008, 02:28 PM
you gotta be shitting me

like i've said in the past. the guy is a walking injury, waiting to happen

sheepshead
11-14-2008, 02:43 PM
This guy goes down easier than a prom dress.

gbpackfan
11-14-2008, 05:46 PM
BUST! BUST! BUST! BUST!

MJZiggy
11-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Oh fer chrissakes!

Bretsky
11-14-2008, 07:14 PM
sore pinkies suck

KYPack
11-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Red and 11, that was exactly my response.

This guy has got to come on and play a great game for us, doesn't he?

Harlan Huckleby
11-14-2008, 10:23 PM
i doubt he will be healthy for the game, altho he will play and do what he can because they are so desperate.

I'm just frustrated. I rarely blame players for injuries, and I'm not going to do it here. But the story is getting pathetic, I just want to look away.

Fritz
11-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Time to man up, Harrell. Play. The team needs you.

And try not to get pushed out of position so much this time.

GBRulz
11-15-2008, 08:17 AM
I really thought this thread was a joke when I saw the subject line !!

:oops:

Bretsky
11-15-2008, 08:39 AM
I really thought this thread was a joke when I saw the subject line !!

:oops:

My honest first thought was

YGBFKM

You gotta be .......... kidding me

RashanGary
11-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Disappointing. TT's kind of a hard ass about cutting anyone at any time regardless of position. If Harrell fucks around this offseason I could see him cut before next season. He'll get a chance to put it together this offseason, but I think he's running out of opportunities with this team.

red
11-15-2008, 10:00 AM
roster spots are at a premium these days. you can't continue to waste a roster spot on a guy who can't get his fat ass on the field

RashanGary
11-15-2008, 10:04 AM
roster spots are at a premium these days. you can't continue to waste a roster spot on a guy who can't get his fat ass on the field

Are you retarded?

RashanGary
11-15-2008, 10:14 AM
The Packers have 52 players on the roster right now. Whether Harrell is here or not, would not effect whether we could add another player or not. They can add one RIGHT NOW and CHOOSE not to. Harrell has nothing to do with that. They just don't have onyone out there that they covet.

Harrell was not using a roster spot until he was healthy this year. This would be the first week he took a roster spot while injured.

The last couple spots on the roster tend to be delepmental players (see Giacomini, Deshawn Wynn, Patrick Lee and Jermicheal Finley). Harrell, to this point has not lived up to his draft position at all, but he's not at the point where he's not worthy of trying to work into a player. We kept Humphrey around for two years in developmental mode and look how that panned out. Developing a player doesn't take much commitment at all. At this point he looks like a good bet to be a poor #16 pick, but it's not time to start tossing criticism for keeping him around too long. It might turn out that he never becomes a player, but he might also come around. I'm leaning toward bust, but I don't want to just cut his ass and find out by watching him do well somewhere else. We already paid the big price (draft pick and bonus). If it's a mistake, it's already been made. Now there is little additional cost to keep him around.

MJZiggy
11-15-2008, 10:22 AM

Are you retarded?

Was that necessary?

RashanGary
11-15-2008, 10:38 AM

Are you retarded?

Was that necessary?

Look at his post. He's not even functioning in reality or he chooses to ignore it. How can some of these people make these idiotic statements without being ridiculed out of here.

The Packers have a QB on an upper third offense playing really good football in his first year at a young age and you'd think we have Rex Grossman by the tone of poeples posts.

We're 9 games in and just got off the road playing two tough teams and came out on the losing end. We've lost games to some of the better teams in the NFL, including (Tampa Bay, Tennesee, Atlanta, Dallas when they were rolling and Minnesota at home). We were competitive and in there for every game. YOu'd think we just folded up the season after going on an embarassing losing spree to the NFL's worst.

I just can't believe people believe some of the things that come out of their mouth. This thing will turn around and these people will be wrong, but they'll be quite and wait for the first sign of trouble to come out bitching and screaming about the same old shit because the Packers don't win the SB every year. Yes, we're fans, but do we have to be retarded, really?

The Packers were at the very bottom of the league three years ago. They're making good, solid decisions while building both depth and quality throughout hte roster. There are weaknesses to this team. They're not SB ready but they're doing a good job relative to their starting point. That is the main thing these poeople lack. They lack any grasp of perspective, the initial starting point or the patterns of change. I just think the bitching and panic is nearing an all time idiotic high and even more emotion based and lacking in any type of sound reasoninging than in the past. YOu'd think these idiots would learn, but they don't. It's true, unbridaled, uncurable idiocy that goes shockingly under the radar around here. If anything, there should be more posts like the one above.

For fucks sake. Yes, that was necessary. Overdue, really.

Freak Out
11-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Harrell you take this shit way to seriously...really man lighten up. :lol:

Your probably just fuckin around though.

RashanGary
11-15-2008, 10:57 AM
No, I'm not fucking around mostly, but exaggerating and entertaining partly. I just can't believe some of the things people say here. As a whole, really. There are a good number of posters that every time they open their mouth, it's just jaw-dropping stupid. It's like a high school kid fingering his girlfriends butt and then insisting he was pleasuring her vagina afterward. I mean, you fingered the girls butt. Just admit it and move on, right? No, they do not learn from mistakes. They repeat them and angerly defend them. Insanity, really.

Mostly I just ignore it becuase it's so damn irrelivant but lately, after a few tough losses to good teams in tough environments the masses are starting to buy it. When this shit starts becoming accepted as good, well thought opinions I have to say something. It's insanity I tell you, insanity :) :)

GBRulz
11-15-2008, 11:02 AM
JH, it sounds like you need to meet us out tonight, downtown. Just like last time, first I smack you for being such an ass, then I'll buy you a gimlet :lol:

arcilite
11-15-2008, 11:04 AM
It's like a high school kid fingering his girlfriends butt and then insisting he was pleasuring her vagina afterward. I mean, you fingered the girls butt.

I loled irl at this

RashanGary
11-15-2008, 11:06 AM
JH, it sounds like you need to meet us out tonight, downtown. Just like last time, first I smack you for being such an ass, then I'll buy you a gimlet :lol:

Oh yeah, and there are a whole bunch of great, well intentioned, fun people here. My rant has more to do with what I conisder an overraction by fans that might even be normal, but still frustrating to me because I don't see it at all.

Now that I met everyone, I can't get in an arguement with my wife and then come here and take it out on these people because I know all of you guys and gals too. Shit! Worst decision ever.

GBRulz
11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
OH puleez. You're just mad that deep down, SOME of us know that you're actually a pretty cool guy and that your forum reputation is on the line :lol:

btw, I just ran to the Pro Shop for some gloves and LeRoy and some other vintage Packer were there signing autographs. I think they're there until noon today.

Pugger
11-15-2008, 01:00 PM
I, like other fans, am just frustrated to see this young man continue to have health issues. And we really need him in there if only to spell the other guys so they don't get so gassed by the 4th quarter. I sure hope he can play tomorrow. :pack:

Freak Out
11-15-2008, 04:17 PM

...or five. :lol:

have fun you guys.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-15-2008, 04:28 PM
No, I'm not fucking around mostly, but exaggerating and entertaining partly. I just can't believe some of the things people say here. As a whole, really. There are a good number of posters that every time they open their mouth, it's just jaw-dropping stupid. It's like a high school kid fingering his girlfriends butt and then insisting he was pleasuring her vagina afterward. I mean, you fingered the girls butt. Just admit it and move on, right? No, they do not learn from mistakes. They repeat them and angerly defend them. Insanity, really.

Mostly I just ignore it becuase it's so damn irrelivant but lately, after a few tough losses to good teams in tough environments the masses are starting to buy it. When this shit starts becoming accepted as good, well thought opinions I have to say something. It's insanity I tell you, insanity :) :)

best quote in a long time

red
11-15-2008, 05:22 PM
yep, i'm completely insane and idiotic for even opening my mouth. JH just proved what one of the main problems with this site is and who one of the main problems is. now i would hope something is done after an unprovoked personal attack

no we cannot just add a player whenever, we have to stay under 52 guys, that includes injured players not on the IR. KGB was also let go to open up a roster spot for him, so yes he is already impacting the roster. we took a player that sucked, but could dress for a game and help out, and got rid of him for a guy that didn't even play last week, and might not play this week, and might not play ever with boo boos

i didn't say he should be cut right now, but if he continues to have nick nack injuries keep him out of games, and if we continue to get hit by the injury bug. then you have to start thinking about using his spot on someone that can help the team, and throw him back on IR for the rest of the year

CaliforniaCheez
11-16-2008, 03:30 AM
1) Harrell has trouble being one of 53.

2) Being one of 45 is difficult.

3) With the lack of depth and injuries Harrell is close to being one of 45.

He is the damaged spare part for extreme emergencies only.

Ted will likely draft a couple of DT's next spring.

This guy has to learn to be healthy at the right time an get in football shape with the rest of the team.

The perpetual injury then rust is no longer an excuse but a reason.

I have a lot more hope in KGB returning healthy than Harrrell.

Fritz
11-16-2008, 09:22 AM

best quote in a long time

Okay, okay. I fingered her butt.

And I liked it.

And she liked it.

MateoInMex
11-16-2008, 09:37 AM

Are you retarded?

Very poignant debate commentary right there. :)

Actually, I'm one to talk because I asked the exact same question to TexasPackerBacker and his lame homosexual polls. But I don't think Red's point was that Justin Harrell takes up a roster spot when he was on the IR. I think what Red means is that the GB Packers drafted a walking injury waaaaayyyy to high in the 1st round when many draft gurus never thought he was a 1st rounder to begin with.

I would say Red's point is that the Packers are investing to much time on and energy on JH, when there could be another player out there to take his spot on the team. Roster spot or no roster spot, Justin Harrell might have very well jumped the shark in GB.

Gunakor
11-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Harrell looks like he'll play today. NFL Network just showed him warming up on the field. His knee is taped up pretty heavily, but it looked like he was able to move around on it okay from the little bit they showed.