PDA

View Full Version : orton expected to start

red
11-14-2008, 05:28 PM
from PFT

KYLE ORTON EXPECTED TO START
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 14, 2008, 5:47 p.m.

Bears quarterback Kyle Orton is listed as probable for Sunday’s game and is expected to start at Green Bay.

“Kyle Orton looked better today than he did yesterday, so we’re keeping our fingers crossed with him,” Bears coach Lovie Smith said after Friday’s practice. “We’ll see how it goes for him tomorrow, but he’s gotten better each day. There’s no reason to think that won’t continue until Sunday.”

Orton sprained his right ankle in a win over the Detroit Lions on November 2 and was expected to miss three or four games, but it now looks like last weekend’s loss to the Titans was the only game he’ll miss.

Orton has completed 61.9 percent of his passes this season, with 10 touchdowns, four interceptions and a 90.8 passer rating. Rex Grossman, who played the second half against the Lions and the whole game against the Titans, has completed 50.9 percent of his passes, with two touchdowns, two interceptions and a 59.0 passer rating.
-----------------------------------------

we'll have our hands full this weekend

RashanGary
11-15-2008, 09:48 AM
I don't think he'll play. I thought the Vikings were exaggerating Allens injury last week and the Bears are minimizing Ortons this week.

Freak Out
11-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I really hope we can stop Forte. If we can force either of those guys to pass we have a good chance....as long as they don't throw to the TE. :)

GBRulz
11-15-2008, 11:12 AM
I hope Rex is on the bench so we can see the WI Marching band with another clever slogan on their tuba's.

Last year vs the Bears it spelled out "Nice Clipboard, Rex"...

They come up with some pretty funny things to taunt the other team.

Gunakor
11-15-2008, 11:14 AM
I hope Orton starts because he's not completely healthy. A healthy Rex Grossman is 3-0 against the Pack at Lambeau. I'd rather not see a healthy Rex Grossman there again, especially if there's a chance that I'll see an injured Kyle Orton instead.

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 11:30 AM
I really hope we can stop Forte.

BINGO