PDA

View Full Version : QBs in Offenses

ThunderDan
11-15-2008, 02:44 PM
I think this year more than any shows the importance of experience in any system.

I am excited with what AR has done this year but obviously he isn't as comfortable in the offense as Favre was. That being said I think the Packers real Super Bowl window is the 2-5 year range. That being 2010-2013. AR will have the needed experience to run the offense efficently. The Packers young team will have matured and we should still be in very good situation with the salary cap. We have our key players locked up except Jennings and I think that will get done in the off-season.

I believe that Favre would have performed better at QB than AR this year in GB. He knows the offense backwards and forwards. In NY he had actually been more of a liability than asset in a new offense. He leads the NFL in INTs and if it wasn't for the Jets run game this would probably be a much different year for New York.

I look at NE, Dallas, Bal, MN and Ten for QBs who are playing that didn't expect to start at the beginning of the season. All of the QBs have played below par. I attribute this to a QB who doesn't know how to be efficent inside of their offense.

Of course there are always exceptions and I look at Pennington in Miami. They didn't start winning until they installed the Wildcat formation. And Ryan in Atlanta. He is playing well but it sure helps to have a monster running game.

wist43
11-15-2008, 02:54 PM
You guys know my mantra...

The WC offense needs a QB that can do more than manage a game... it calls for the QB to win the game. Don't ever see AR being able to do that consistently - at least consistently enough to win a championship.

Payton Manning's and Brett Favre's don't come along every day... hence my advocacy for a power running game. The list of bums that have won SB's as tag alongs behind a power running game and power defense: Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon, Ben Rothliswhatsit, etc...

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2008, 05:55 PM
You guys know my mantra...

The WC offense needs a QB that can do more than manage a game... it calls for the QB to win the game. Don't ever see AR being able to do that consistently - at least consistently enough to win a championship.

Payton Manning's and Brett Favre's don't come along every day... hence my advocacy for a power running game. The list of bums that have won SB's as tag alongs behind a power running game and power defense: Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon, Ben Rothliswhatsit, etc...

doug was WAY more than a manager buddy...