PDA

View Full Version : Absolute MUST win game!!!

bobblehead
11-16-2008, 11:43 AM
I've been thinking it over and concluded we have NO shot to get to the playoffs if we lose this game.

First the obvious, dropping to 4-6 and losing 3 straight would make it a really tough road. Add to that the discouragement of the players who have lost a couple tight/tough games and I don't see the team winning out.

Second, its against the division leader and I truly believe that the winner of the north is going to win by tie breaker....sweeping chicago would put is in the drivers seat assuming the lions don't ruin it. We could be 5-1 in division which would pretty much give us the tie breakers....anything less and we get into weird formulas and miracles to get in.

Third, what are the odds of beating the bears in chicago if we lose at home today?? Might as well kiss the division goodbye. The division winner MIGHT finish 9-7, but if so, will absolutely have to win a tie breaker.

GO PACKERS....this is the season here.

red
11-16-2008, 12:03 PM
there probably won't be a wildcard for this team, so we have to win the division

a loss today would put us 2 games back in the division with 6 games left to play

if we lose today we would need a pretty big miracle to win the division

so yes, today is a must win. of course i thought last week was a must win too, and the team seemed to disagree with me on that one

bobblehead
11-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanx red, I forgot point 4: We can't really even hope for a wildcard.

]{ilr]3
11-16-2008, 04:38 PM
The NFC North is going to be real interesting down the stretch. I think it will come down to week 16 when the Bears and the Packers play again.

But, I was thinking if the Vikings are still in it by then that the Giants would just lay down for them in week 17 since they could potentially have a 1st round bye established by then and not care if they won or not. I thought about a bit more I guess dont see the Giants sitting down and taking a loss. With the Vikings previous troubles with the Giants it maybe a very interesting end to the season.

I like the Packers chances when i look further into all 3 teams schedules. Even @ NO I feel we match up well and will beat them convincingly. The Texans and Panthers game I like because they are at home. If the Jags start playing better that could be trouble with thier running game.

I think a lof of people forget that there is really only one game this season that the opposing team really beat us and that was the Cowboys. We just barely lost to the Bucs, Vikings and the Titans, 3 tough defenses. Yes we didnt play so well against the Vikings, but since there entire D-line could be facing suspension for late hits, cheap shots and doping I the Packers chances to finish strong while they struggle and that will leave just the Packers and Bears to duke it out. I still dont know how the hell we lost to the Falcons, but thats they way it goes.

cpk1994
11-16-2008, 06:32 PM
{ilr]3]The NFC North is going to be real interesting down the stretch. I think it will come down to week 16 when the Bears and the Packers play again.

But, I was thinking if the Vikings are still in it by then that the Giants would just lay down for them in week 17 since they could potentially have a 1st round bye established by then and not care if they won or not. I thought about a bit more I guess dont see the Giants sitting down and taking a loss. With the Vikings previous troubles with the Giants it maybe a very interesting end to the season.

I like the Packers chances when i look further into all 3 teams schedules. Even @ NO I feel we match up well and will beat them convincingly. The Texans and Panthers game I like because they are at home. If the Jags start playing better that could be trouble with thier running game.

I think a lof of people forget that there is really only one game this season that the opposing team really beat us and that was the Cowboys. We just barely lost to the Bucs, Vikings and the Titans, 3 tough defenses. Yes we didnt play so well against the Vikings, but since there entire D-line could be facing suspension for late hits, cheap shots and doping I the Packers chances to finish strong while they struggle and that will leave just the Packers and Bears to duke it out. I still dont know how the hell we lost to the Falcons, but thats they way it goes.Don't forget also that Brad Childress is still the Vikings coach. I agree they will blow it.

digitaldean
11-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Also remember that the 2 Williamses face suspensions for banned substances. Jared Allen may face a suspension for consecutive cheap shot hits (1 on Schaub vs. Texans and the head hit on A-Rod last week). Plus one of their other d linemen pummelled Garcia well after the ball was thrown. He got a personal foul, but from I what I saw in a replay it was so blatant he may get a call from Mr. Goodell.

With this and Chilly calling the plays, there's hope yet on another Minnesota meltdown.

Now if Lovie can handle that defense the way he did today, it makes the Pack's road that much easier.

cpk1994
11-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Also remember that the 2 Williamses face suspensions for banned substances. Jared Allen may face a suspension for consecutive cheap shot hits (1 on Schaub vs. Texans and the head hit on A-Rod last week). Plus one of their other d linemen pummelled Garcia well after the ball was thrown. He got a personal foul, but from I what I saw in a replay it was so blatant he may get a call from Mr. Goodell.

With this and Chilly calling the plays, there's hope yet on another Minnesota meltdown.

Now if Lovie can handle that defense the way he did today, it makes the Pack's road that much easier.Question on the Williams is, when will they actually start serving them? Goodell seems to be taking his sweet time on that.

digitaldean
11-16-2008, 06:46 PM
They should have been suspended last week, because this whole thing started back near Halloween.

Yes, Goodell moves at warp speed to fine Barnett twice but moves like Grady Jackson running back a kickoff when deciding on suspending some ViQueens.