PDA

View Full Version : PACKERRATS.COM COMMERCIAL

No Mo Moss
04-05-2006, 03:55 AM
Hi,

So as some of you know I am going start a packers weekly tv show, should be interesting. I'd like to plug our message board with it as well when we're ready to open it to the public, maybe July.
I made a sample commercial that I think is pretty sweet though and I can't find a free place online to host a 2 min quicktime movie so that you guys and gals could see it and give me feedback.

Anyone know of such a site?

Fritz
04-05-2006, 06:13 AM
I'm afraid I don't, but I just wanted to say that I hope your commercial features a blue cartoon hound dog. And don't forget the southern accent.

HarveyWallbangers
04-05-2006, 07:36 AM
I don't, but good luck with all of your endeavors.

MadtownPacker
04-05-2006, 07:52 AM
Use this place:

http://www.putfile.com/

GBRulz
04-05-2006, 08:27 AM
This would be a great idea for podcasting! I download video podcasts all the time. I'm not sure how you go about getting your show on there available for a download, but I'm sure it's somewhereon the Itunes or Apple website.

Partial
04-05-2006, 08:31 AM
sorry if anyone read that, I changed my mind after the hacking attacks.

www.youtube.com
video.google.com
www.putfile.com

all of those would work

No Mo Moss
04-05-2006, 02:26 PM
This would be a great idea for podcasting! I download video podcasts all the time. I'm not sure how you go about getting your show on there available for a download, but I'm sure it's somewhereon the Itunes or Apple website.

THAT'S THE IDEA MICHELE! It will give all of our packer friends around the world some great biased packer coverage with an unfair look at our opponents and rivals. Eventually I will have a website for it but it's not done yet.

Thanks for the links I'll try and get that link on here asap for everyone.

No Mo Moss
04-05-2006, 03:02 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Packerrats-Promo-high-res

Here you go. keep in mind this isn't a final thing but I'm just trying to get the creative juices flowing. Constructive crit. welcome.

Charles Woodson
04-05-2006, 03:14 PM
WOW... Great job on the video no mo. I reallly liked it!

jack's smirking revenge
04-05-2006, 03:16 PM
No Mo, that is great! Amazing work dude!

Some suggestions...

1) The resolution needs work. Looks really choppy on the putfile site. Perhaps the putfile site has restrictions. Either way, it still is a great advertisement for this site!

2) Change "amoung" to "among" on the final scene.

3) Also, I'd separate "PACKERRATS YOU'RE AMONG FRIENDS" into two separate sentences, like

PACKERRATS.COM-
YOU'RE AMONG FRIENDS

4) Could you put the rat logo and website address as a little icon at a certain location at the bottom of the screen throughout the whole ad (like what FOX and ESPN do during games)? An ad should pound the product into the minds of the viewer. The ad doesn't sell the web address enough.

Otherwise man, it looks really cool!

tyler

MJZiggy
04-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Nice work. JSR's right--pop the web address at the bottom of the screen and everyone will remember it.

No Mo Moss
04-05-2006, 03:50 PM
JSR I increased the res from 2.5 mb to 7.8mb but can't get it any higher. Yeah I will put the website all over the place eventually but since this isn't technically a public site as of yet, IE hacker defense and what not, I will leave it how it is for right now. That's a public board so I didn't want to attract just anyone as of right now.

This is just a rough proof of what I want to do.

jack's smirking revenge
04-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Even for a rough proof, No Mo, it is impressive! Just throwing some constructive crit your way. Can't wait to see the finished product! :D

tyler

Partial
04-05-2006, 04:34 PM
are you using the h264 codec or what?

Harlan Huckleby
04-05-2006, 04:36 PM
PACKERRATS.COM-
YOU'RE AMONG FRIENDS
tyler

If I'm not mistaken, "You're Among Friends" is the state motto of Pennsylvania. It was on license plates for a while,anyway.

I might go with, "You're among some odd people, but they're all ok."

Very nice job! When I heard, "you want to go where everybody knows your name" I couldn't help but briefly think of the personal information disclosure problems we had earlier this year.

MJZiggy
04-05-2006, 04:40 PM
I did too, but "everybody knows your username" just doesn't seem to fit.

No Mo Moss
04-05-2006, 05:00 PM
PACKERRATS.COM-
YOU'RE AMONG FRIENDS
tyler

If I'm not mistaken, "You're Among Friends" is the state motto of Pennsylvania. It was on license plates for a while,anyway.

I might go with, "You're among some odd people, but they're all ok."

Very nice job! When I heard, "you want to go where everybody knows your name" I couldn't help but briefly think of the personal information disclosure problems we had earlier this year.

I thought it was the Wisconsin Tourism phrase in the 90's so that's why I went with it. Maybe I was trying to be too clever for my own good.

here it is, remember this?
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/killoran25/5919.jpg

GBRulz
04-05-2006, 06:05 PM
OMG, I remember that bumper sticker. I also remember seeing MANY people alter them...um, so it would say "Wisconsin, you're among mongs" (hmongs)

Great job on the vid so far, No...I really like it

No Mo Moss
04-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Thanks michele, we'll se where it goes.

Partial, final cut pro.

CyclonePackFan
04-06-2006, 02:19 AM
No Mo, that looks pretty sweet.

I do have one thing for your consideration. I have zero experience in matters such as these, so I don't know how easy/difficult this would be.

I'd suggest having the "Packerrats" logo and name show up about 1/4 of the way in, right after "Some times you wanna go" and holding through "where everybody knows your name", and then continue for the rest of the song with our legends. There is a similarly themed YTMND which uses the Cheers theme at: http://cheerstoyourthemannowdog.ytmnd.com/ that kind of illustrates what I'm talking about (you might need to refresh it to get the image/sound to sync up)

Great job, looking forward to the show.

oregonpackfan
04-06-2006, 02:38 AM
No Mo Moss,

I would be happy to appear on your show as an honored guest! Just let me contact my agent, Drew Rosenhaus, about the negotiations...

Oregonpackfan

GBRulz
04-06-2006, 09:58 AM
No - Maybe I'm the only one who thought this, but as I was watching the video and listening to the music... after showing the Packer greats that it would go to perhaps some locals having fun tailgating or a few screenshots of our website...

It all depends on what the video is to do though. I think that would be a good idea for a video promoting the website.

I do quite a bit of video editing and have some footage of tailgating on video, so if you're up to putting something like that together, let me know! Just my two cents though, keep up the good work :)

www.digitally-restored.com

No Mo Moss
04-06-2006, 03:16 PM
No Mo, that looks pretty sweet.

I do have one thing for your consideration. I have zero experience in matters such as these, so I don't know how easy/difficult this would be.

I'd suggest having the "Packerrats" logo and name show up about 1/4 of the way in, right after "Some times you wanna go" and holding through "where everybody knows your name", and then continue for the rest of the song with our legends. There is a similarly themed YTMND which uses the Cheers theme at: http://cheerstoyourthemannowdog.ytmnd.com/ that kind of illustrates what I'm talking about (you might need to refresh it to get the image/sound to sync up)

Great job, looking forward to the show.

I see what you're saying and actually someone is designing a logo to look like the cheers font for me. What the hell site was that, I felt like I was really stoned in cinema land or something?

theeaterofshades
04-09-2006, 11:48 AM
OMG, I remember that bumper sticker. I also remember seeing MANY people alter them...um, so it would say "Wisconsin, you're among mongs" (hmongs)

Or the Infamous: Wisconsin, You're Among Fiends

Back when Dahmer was in the news (also a reference to Ed Gein)

Fritz
04-09-2006, 12:05 PM
My guess is that Bretsky might suggest that the piece include clips of women dressed only in Packer jerseys casting longing looks at one another, with perhaps a close-up of a manicured female hand (red painted nails) being placed on the shapely shoulder of another female.

Personally, I abhor such blatant attempts at getting men's attention through stereotypical male fantasies, but as it's all in the interest of garnering attention I guess I could go along with it.

Bretsky
04-09-2006, 12:13 PM
My guess is that Bretsky might suggest that the piece include clips of women dressed only in Packer jerseys casting longing looks at one another, with perhaps a close-up of a manicured female hand (red painted nails) being placed on the shapely shoulder of another female.

Personally, I abhor such blatant attempts at getting men's attention through stereotypical male fantasies, but as it's all in the interest of garnering attention I guess I could go along with it.

Fritz,
You know me all too well; actually I have a really cool email picture of two gorgeous babes that look like they are in a tight green n gold top, when in reality when you look through it's paint. That would get any males attention.

Cheers,
B

Bretsky
04-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi,

So as some of you know I am going start a packers weekly tv show, should be interesting. I'd like to plug our message board with it as well when we're ready to open it to the public, maybe July.
I made a sample commercial that I think is pretty sweet though and I can't find a free place online to host a 2 min quicktime movie so that you guys and gals could see it and give me feedback.

Anyone know of such a site?

A WEEKLY TV SHOW ? AWESOME ? OUT OF CURIOSITY, WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING ?