PDA

View Full Version : What's better than beating the Bears?

MJZiggy
11-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Blowing 'em out at Lambeau!!

Phenomenal (and much needed) win!

gbgary
11-16-2008, 03:13 PM
sex...but just barely. :lol:

boiga
11-16-2008, 03:18 PM
sex...but just barely. :lol: That'd have to be pretty damn good sex. This was a GREAT win!

gbgary
11-16-2008, 03:20 PM
sex...but just barely. :lol: That'd have to be pretty damn good sex. This was a GREAT win!

yes but the great feeling of the bear win will stay with you all week long. :D

MJZiggy
11-16-2008, 03:20 PM

I was thinking the same thing....

BallHawk
11-16-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/m/2176/xl/4231-Rex_raped.jpg
Did somebody say sex?

Iron Mike
11-16-2008, 03:22 PM
The best part is that there will be no Bears trolls posts for another 5 weeks.

retailguy
11-16-2008, 04:20 PM
What's better than beating the Bears?

How about a 3 way cluster fuck? :shock: :D :wink:

MJZiggy
11-16-2008, 04:22 PM
:) :D :P :lol: :mrgreen:

bobblehead
11-16-2008, 04:50 PM

I was thinking the same thing....

We only get 2 chances a year to beat the bears....even gex gets more chances a year at sex.

DonHutson
11-16-2008, 05:07 PM
sex...but just barely. :lol:

The Packers have beaten the Bears what, twice in the last three years now? I hope you're getting some more often than that.

:wink:

Freak Out
11-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Being a Packer fan only a SB win could beat out a victory over the Bears.

It was so nice to see the run game working today.

DonHutson
11-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Well, beating the Vikings and Bears back to back to claim sole possession of first place would have been much better.

:(

Not that I'm harboring any resentment or anything.

The Gunshooter
11-16-2008, 05:16 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/m/2176/xl/4231-Rex_raped.jpg
Did somebody say sex?

Not that kind of sex.

The Gunshooter
11-16-2008, 05:21 PM

A cluster fuck is when a bunch of military genius' types plan your Sunday's. It usually is not good. FUBAR is worse, that's what would of happened if GB lost today and MN won.

gbgary
11-16-2008, 05:26 PM
:) :D :P :lol: :mrgreen:

HELLO!! :shock:

http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

RashanGary
11-16-2008, 05:26 PM

:lol: :lol:

pbmax
11-16-2008, 05:31 PM

That is just plain rude to describe the Bear's WR corp that way. :lol:

RashanGary
11-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Putting an end to all of the premature cliff diving that has been going on around here and beating the Bears is nice.

The Packers are a good, young team that IMO are on the way up. They have some issues on the D and O lines, but they are good and should continue to get better. They're not a SB team right now, but they're playoff competitive. This was a nice win. It doesn't mean we're a top NFC team. We're not. The last two tough losses didn't mean we're spiraling downward with a GM that is driving teh Packers into NFL obscurity like the 1970's. People are so freaking fickle with their ups and downs.

Thank Aaron we don't have to sit around and listen to the whiny chicken littles for at least a week but I sure don't think this dominate win means we are a dominate team. It was a good game by a good but flawed young team with their backs against the wall. That's it.

Partial
11-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Aaron is batting .500, 4 good games, 4 bad games since game footage has become available of him. The offense was still extremely vanilla, but they established a strong running game which allowed for Aaron to be moderately effective.

Kudos to the running game. Where has that been all year?

BallHawk
11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Aaron is batting .500, 4 good games, 4 bad games since game footage has become available of him. The offense was still extremely vanilla, but they established a strong running game which allowed for Aaron to be moderately effective.

I'll take vanilla and 30 offense produced points any day of the year.

Partial
11-16-2008, 05:53 PM

I'll take vanilla and 30 offense produced points any day of the year.

Agreed, but the facts are they aren't producing anywhere near 30 points week in and week out. I did the homework and broke it down once. Search my archives in classic tank fashion :lol:

If they continue to run like this, they could win with trent dilfer behind center. This is how it should have been all year. Not requiring A-Rod to do much to win.

RashanGary
11-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Partial, you're living in the past.

All of your posts have to do with either Aaron not being good enough to win games or not being as good as Brett or of Brett being great. Your avatar is Brett leading the Pack (he doesn't). Let it go. Let it go.

There is a fun football season to follow here. You don't have to hold on. You can move on and enjoy football without Brett. Really.

Partial
11-16-2008, 06:08 PM

All of your posts have to do with either Aaron not being good enough to win games or not being as good as Brett or of Brett being great. Your avatar is Brett leading the Pack (he doesn't). Let it go. Let it go.

There is a fun football season to follow here. You don't have to hold on. You can move on and enjoy football without Brett. Really.

Living in the past? I'm living in the present, focusing on my posts around actual metrics. The offense is vanilla, we're .500 with one win over a winning team, and the team has been incredibly inconsistent in a league where consistency is king.

Perhaps you're living in a fantasy world about how good this team is, but for the amount of talent they have ( top 5 talent in NFL in my opinion), they are a colossal disappointment.

How does anything in that post have to do with living in the past? Pointing out the stats concerning the severely struggling offense in recent weeks? Saying if they keep running the ball like this Trent Dilfer could win? Give me a fucking break guy.

mission
11-16-2008, 06:10 PM

Living in the past? I'm living in the present, focusing on my posts around actual metrics. The offense is vanilla, we're .500 with one win over a winning team, and the team has been incredibly inconsistent in a league where consistency is king.

Perhaps you're living in a fantasy world about how good this team is, but for the amount of talent they have ( top 5 talent in NFL in my opinion), they are a colossal disappointment.

How can you have Top 5 talent with a below average quarterback? The QB is such an important position in the NFL and since there are so many good ones, I just dont see how you could put our talent that high when you rate our QB so low.

Doesn't make sense according to, you know, metrics and all logic and all that stuff.

cpk1994
11-16-2008, 06:15 PM

There is a fun football season to follow here. You don't have to hold on. You can move on and enjoy football without Brett. Really.I agree. Its obvious he can't let go. However, he doesn't have to enjoy foot ball without Brett. Im sure there are a few Jets forums out there that he can slobber all over Brett on.

Partial
11-16-2008, 06:18 PM

How can you have Top 5 talent with a below average quarterback? The QB is such an important position in the NFL and since there are so many good ones, I just dont see how you could put our talent that high when you rate our QB so low.

Doesn't make sense according to, you know, metrics and all logic and all that stuff.

Exactly, and that is one of the reasons the team is struggling. We have the deepest receiving corps in the NFL. BJack and Grant are both solid backs and provide a good 1-2 punch. Our offensive line has a lot of talent on it. On the DL, we have 4 solid or better players in Jenks, Kamp, Pick and Jolly. Three solid LB. Very solid secondary, possibly the best in the league.

Can't dispute the lack of offensive production. Hopefully today is a breakout game. To this point, from weeks 3 to 11, they have been borderline poor with a stellar 15 and a half points per game of offensive production.

Partial
11-16-2008, 06:20 PM

There is a fun football season to follow here. You don't have to hold on. You can move on and enjoy football without Brett. Really.I agree. Its obvious he can't let go. However, he doesn't have to enjoy foot ball without Brett. Im sure there are a few Jets forums out there that he can slobber all over Brett on.

And again, more trolling. Did I address you? Harrells post was ridic to begin with and had nothing to do with what I have stated. Does it really require another response?

Madtown, ban this joker.

RashanGary
11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
The Packers have the 16th ranked defense in points allowed and the 5th rated QB in QB rating, 7th in TD passes and has thrown fewer picks than just about all of the other leading passers. Oh yeah, and that QB hasn't practiced for most of the year, is 24 years old and has never started an NFL football game before the start of this season, of which he's playing probowl football.

It sounds like your metrics and logic start with an opinion that you won't let go, it gets filled in with what you want to believe and then that opinion gets distributed on this forum in a way that can't be construed as anything but garbage. LIke I said, let it go. I know your'e not this stupid in real life.

gbgary
11-16-2008, 07:38 PM
until today the offense was stuggling because (imo) it was too much for AR to handle at this point in his development, injuries, and scheme. today they went back to basics. ran more, kept people in to block, ran less shotgun and i don't remember ANY empty backfield formations or 5 wr formations. AR wasn't sacked as i remember, the ball was spread around to different receivers, he had time, grant and friends ran the ball great, and best of all the defense had plenty of rest between action.

RashanGary
11-16-2008, 07:46 PM
In Brett Favre's 17 year career he's had a QB rating as high or higher than Aaron Rodgers QB rating this year. . . . . 3 times. That's it. Three times.

Aaron is doing a really good job and for most of the season he's done it with a struggling running game. We're comparing him to an all time great and his numbers hold up. We're comparing him to the best in the game right now and his numbers hold up. That says a lot about Aaron Rodgers. Oh yeah, and that HOFer we compare him to has had some great rushing teams and great OL's and still only had three years with as high of rating as Rodgers in his entire career. The Rodgers is a game manager stuff is just not true. He's doing a lot. Throwing a lot of picks doens't mean you're a better QB. Thats the only stat Rodgers isn't competing with Brett on.

Partial
11-16-2008, 07:51 PM
The Packers have the 16th ranked defense in points allowed and the 5th rated QB in QB rating, 7th in TD passes and has thrown fewer picks than just about all of the other leading passers. Oh yeah, and that QB hasn't practiced for most of the year, is 24 years old and has never started an NFL football game before the start of this season, of which he's playing probowl football.

It sounds like your metrics and logic start with an opinion that you won't let go, it gets filled in with what you want to believe and then that opinion gets distributed on this forum in a way that can't be construed as anything but garbage. LIke I said, let it go. I know your'e not this stupid in real life.

Chad Pennington always has a solid QB rating as well. To this point, Rodgers reminds me a lot of a game manager like Pennington than someone that can win you a game. He's afraid to make a mistake imo.

Stupid? Look at the stats. Since the Detroit game, Aaron has played 9 games. 5 of them have been good games, including today. Then, he had a three pick performance against Tampa in which we lost. A terrible performance against Dallas. A terrible performance against Minne and a terrible performance against Tennessee. The proof is in the pudding.

VegasPackFan
11-16-2008, 07:51 PM
And so once again a fun little thread begins to go down the toilet. Every fucking thread has to end up with a Favre debate.

Partial
11-16-2008, 07:52 PM
In Brett Favre's 17 year career he's had a QB rating as high or higher than Aaron Rodgers QB rating this year. . . . . 3 times. That's it. Three times.

Aaron is doing a really good job and for most of the season he's done it with a struggling running game. We're comparing him to an all time great and his numbers hold up. We're comparing him to the best in the game right now and his numbers hold up. That says a lot about Aaron Rodgers. Oh yeah, and that HOFer we compare him to has had some great rushing teams and great OL's and still only had three years with as high of rating as Rodgers in his entire career. The Rodgers is a game manager stuff is just not true. He's doing a lot. Throwing a lot of picks doens't mean you're a better QB. Thats the only stat Rodgers isn't competing with Brett on.

If you think Passer Rating is all that matters, it shows how little you know about football. Guys like Pennington always have great ratings because they don't take any risks, etc. They never get to super bowls, though.

RashanGary
11-16-2008, 07:59 PM

Chad Pennington always has a solid QB rating as well. To this point, Rodgers reminds me a lot of a game manager like Pennington than someone that can win you a game. He's afraid to make a mistake imo.

Stupid? Look at the stats. Since the Detroit game, Aaron has played 9 games. 5 of them have been good games, including today. Then, he had a three pick performance against Tampa in which we lost. A terrible performance against Dallas. A terrible performance against Minne and a terrible performance against Tennessee. The proof is in the pudding.

Through all of the ups and downs of the season he's still at the top of all statistical categories. The defense gets paid too. With the exception of Brady and Mannings best seasons ever, no Qb plays great every game. If we're down to that, I think it shows the shallowness in your arguement that you have to pick out the worst and use that as the whole. It shows that you are cherry picking support for an opinion you will not let go of.

Partial
11-16-2008, 08:02 PM

Through all of the ups and downs of the season he's still at the top of all statistical categories. The defense gets paid too. With the exception of Brady and Mannings best seasons ever, no Qb plays great every season. If we're don't to that, I think it shows the shallowness in your arguement that you have to pick out the worst and use that as the whole. It shows that you are cherry picking support for an opinion you will not let go of.

What the H are you talking about? Craziness. It's very clear to me that since footage has become available, teams have played A-Rod significantly differently than they did against Dallas last year, Minne to open the year, and how Detroit did to start the year. Since then, teams have been more aggressive in pressuring him, and as a result we've seen his numbers decrease.

So far he's been far more of Chad Pennington managing a game, afraid to take any risks, etc than Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Brett Favre/Tony Romo/Drew Brees/etc, who he is PAID to play like.

Freak Out
11-16-2008, 08:03 PM
:jack:

Talk about some thread jackage.

RashanGary
11-16-2008, 08:05 PM
And Brett doesn't deserve to be drug down in all of this, but for as much as you idolize him he's only won one SB in his 17 year career (6% success rate) and that year he had the #1 defense and #1 ST's. Hardly a guy who went out there and won it by himself or even mostly by himself.

Really, the standard you hold Rodgers to isn't fair for any QB. Favre himself doesn't live up to the hype and that's no knock on Favre. It's just the hero worship has gotten so distorted that we're not even debating facts any more. We're debating an inflated legend that is firmly entrenched in the minds of many Favre fans. It's jsut not reality.

Joemailman
11-16-2008, 08:11 PM
No question the Packers have been less successful at turning promising drives into touchdowns this year. Some of that can be hung on Arod, some on the inconsistent running game, some on the penalties on the offensive line. Hopefully, we'll be able to look back at this game as a turning point.

To return to the original point of this thread (sort of), the fact that the turning point could come against the Bears would make it all the better.

RashanGary
11-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Again, Favre doesn't deserve to be drug down in all of this. The NFL is a uber tough league and he had a GREAT career. But for the sake of this crazy debate, I have to give some perspective.

For all of Favre's failure (94% SB chapion failure), it was always the rest of the team. The one time he won, he had the #1 defense and #1 ST units yet he raised them up. The other years he raised them up, but the rest of the team was so bad, even super man couldn't have done anything. NOw that Rodgers is doing well, it's because his surrounding cast is so great even though he has the #16 defense and a very inconsistent running game. Favre, although he was only on one SB winning team, would be leading this one to the promise land. Why? Because if he were here they'd be the #1 defnese and #1 ST's becuase he raised them up.

I know you're not a retard Partial. Somtimes I think you're joking but I met you in person and you seemed pretty convicted, even in those short conversations, in your beliefs. There is no wonder we, as people, are prone to following insane leaders and doing horrific things throughout history. In the right environment, with the right leader most people can believe/follow anything. It's truely baffling.

RashanGary
11-16-2008, 08:22 PM
And for the record, I think Favre was every bit good enough to win the SB with the Packers last year and is every bit good enough to win the SB with the Jets this year. He's more than good enough. He's a great player.

However, I believe the defense last year was not good enough (post JOlly/KGB injury) and the OL/Running game was not good enough. It's team games and team wins IMO.

I think the same thing this year. I think Favre is better than Rodgers. I think he does some sublte things to help the offense like not screw up his cadence when he's confused (causing false starts) or set protections or recognize exotic blitzes and beat them. Favre is a hell of a savvy player at this point in his career and can still chuck the ball as hard as all but a few NFL QB's.

That said, Rodgers is doing more than managing the game. He's playing really good football. NOt too many QB's are playing up to his level. He's a quick learner and seems to be developing savvy quickly. When we get into these conversations, Rodgers gets unfairly compared to a fairytale legend that has been exaggerated through the years and then FAvre gets torched by the same fairy tale. It's just skewed beyond reason at this point. It's to the point that some Packer fans that love Favre cannot give Rodgers credit for his probowl level season.

Cheesehead Craig
11-16-2008, 08:40 PM

I'd say having sex while watching the Packers beat the Bears.

Joemailman
11-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Gives a touchdown a completely different meaning.

denverYooper
11-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I was thinking chocolate and peanut butter, but that's pretty much the same thing.

boiga
11-16-2008, 08:45 PM

I'd say having sex while watching the Packers beat the Bears.

Eek.... Urlacher and Ortonstache would make that combo go sour fast.

VegasPackFan
11-16-2008, 09:01 PM
The correct answer to this question is.....

NOTHING!!!!

Guiness
11-16-2008, 09:58 PM
:jack:

Talk about some thread jackage.

No kidding. Let's get back to the discussion of Packers over Bears, or sex, or whatever this thread was originally intended to be about!

bobblehead
11-16-2008, 10:17 PM

yes, by all means take out the 2 awesome games to start the year.

How about this...when aaron actually gets to practice all week and study the game plan he has played very well everytime. You forget all the practices he missed with the bum shoulder.

Partial
11-16-2008, 10:21 PM

yes, by all means take out the 2 awesome games to start the year.

How about this...when aaron actually gets to practice all week and study the game plan he has played very well everytime. You forget all the practices he missed with the bum shoulder.

That is certainly something to consider.

channtheman
11-17-2008, 03:45 AM
The only thing better than beating the Bears is as you said, kicking their asses. I especially like how this was Grant's first big game for the year and we ran all over their defense. Hopefully this can continue on through the rest of the season!

cpk1994
11-17-2008, 06:34 AM
And for the record, I think Favre was every bit good enough to win the SB with the Packers last year and is every bit good enough to win the SB with the Jets this year. He's more than good enough. He's a great player.

However, I believe the defense last year was not good enough (post JOlly/KGB injury) and the OL/Running game was not good enough. It's team games and team wins IMO.

I think the same thing this year. I think Favre is better than Rodgers. I think he does some sublte things to help the offense like not screw up his cadence when he's confused (causing false starts) or set protections or recognize exotic blitzes and beat them. Favre is a hell of a savvy player at this point in his career and can still chuck the ball as hard as all but a few NFL QB's.

That said, Rodgers is doing more than managing the game. He's playing really good football. Not too many QB's are playing up to his level. He's a quick learner and seems to be developing savvy quickly. When we get into these conversations, Rodgers gets unfairly compared to a fairytale legend that has been exaggerated through the years and then FAvre gets torched by the same fairy tale. It's just skewed beyond reason at this point. It's to the point that some Packer fans that love Favre cannot give Rodgers credit for his probowl level season.You are very wise. However, I believe that it is TT hatred, that drives this unfair comparison because by saying that Rodgers does well you then have to admit that maybe TT made the right decision. ITs unfortuante, but I think ARod is handling it just fine.