PDA

View Full Version : Doug Buffone & Ed O'Bradovich

The Shadow
11-16-2008, 03:53 PM
On Chicago's Score sports radio show, the two old farts were manical and apoplectic with rage.

Two favorite comments :
"We were embarrassed!"
"We had our asses kicked in every way!"

Fan outraged comments were priceless!!!!

Lovely stuff!!!!!!

gbgary
11-16-2008, 03:58 PM
i remember those two old fucks. legends they are!!

they WERE embarrassed today.

digitaldean
11-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Man are they mocking the Lovie Smith regime!

I needed a good laugh and I got it this weekend. The usual Golden Gopher implosion vs. Bucky and these two farts ripping the Bears a new one.

:P

]{ilr]3
11-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Man are they mocking the Lovie Smith regime!

I needed a good laugh and I got it this weekend. The usual Golden Gopher implosion vs. Bucky and these two farts ripping the Bears a new one.

:P

Funny that the Lovie Howell didnt have that smirk on his face once today! :lol:

Iron Mike
11-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I gotta go get into the car and listen to those two spew vitriol.

That's tear the Bears a new asshole (for you Bears' fans.) 8-)

cpk1994
11-17-2008, 07:37 AM
If you want to relive them blowing a gasket, the archive of it is now up:

www.670thescore.com

red
11-17-2008, 08:12 AM
If you want to relive them blowing a gasket, the archive of it is now up:

www.670thescore.com

its like listening to a post game show for our game against the vikings

red
11-17-2008, 08:25 AM
these two have to be two of the dumbest people on the planet

sheepshead
11-17-2008, 02:50 PM
It continues today. Chicago fans are the most fair weather fans I have ever seen. I never thought they had a very good team and their handling of Indy in week one was a very good coaching job, but you still need talent to win 10-11 games in this league. They dont have it. Lots of over paid guys like Harris and Urlacher

red
11-17-2008, 03:47 PM
they are very fair weather. i noticed that when i lived down there. they were all talk in the offseason and preseason, very obnoxious. then the season started and you could hardly ever find a fan

Fritz
11-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Uhh, I don't know if either of you noticed, but after last week's Vikings' loss there were many, fans on this site who were ready to run TT out of town. Damn him for not believing in free agency! How stupid to have traded C. Williams! Many fans were asking whether MM was in over his head as a play caller. The gnashing of teeth over Favre's leaving was replayed - again.

Now, suddenly, many fans here (and a couple of national columnists) have decided that the Packers are the class of the division, hands down.

There are many fair weather fans of the Packers as well, I think.

Rastak
11-17-2008, 06:59 PM
That was a pretty solid ass kicking. PR site was acting up big time so I didn't post much Sunday but kudos on a great game.

Joemailman
11-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Having lived in both places, I can say that Bear fans are, or at least were much more fair weather than Packer fans. I lived in the Chicago area until 1996. We used to laugh at how quickly Bear fans would turn on the Bears with boos if things weren't going well. We were always glad that Bear fans weren't as loyal as Packer fans because we saw quite a few Packer games on Chicago TV because the Bear game was blacked out in the Chicago area due to non-sellouts. Don't know if that still happens.

swede
11-17-2008, 07:09 PM
I also like to listen to Chicago radio following Packer wins.

It's great fun to hear the hosts and their callers fume and spew in frustration--they tend to turn the anger inward and point fingers.

This afternoon one caller went so far as to refer to Lovie Smith as the dumbest coach in the league.

Isn't that a pretty ignorant assessment of their coach?

I kinda like the guy--and not in the same way one likes having guys like Wayne Fontes, Matt Millen, Mike Tice and Brad Childress in the division either.

I think Lovie's a tough, smart sumbich.

Guiness
11-17-2008, 07:42 PM
It was very, very nice. Hopefully it will put to rest the memories of week 1, 2006.

Sorry to dredge up (bad) old memories, but I've never gotten the taste out of my mouth from that one.

red
11-17-2008, 08:35 PM
i found an interview with some typical delusional bear fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTRCVr_4-kQ&feature=related

cpk1994
11-18-2008, 07:05 AM
i found an interview with some typical delusional bear fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTRCVr_4-kQ&feature=relatedGreat stuff. Also a nice look back some work of Wisconsin native, the late Chris Farley. R.I.P.

Dabaddestbear
11-25-2008, 08:53 AM
And this is the reason why you should just pay attention to your own teams shortcomings.
Have you listened to the radio this morning in Packerland? The fans are going crazy.
I like Doug and the Radio personalities in regards to chicago sports because they try their best to avoid the Kool-aid. They are supposed to be pissed and talk about the Bears when they lose as well as when they win, but still make serious mistakes.
On the other hand when I listen to the Packers talk radio they always make up excuses why something happened instead of laying the blame where it should be, on the players and coaches.

Your not a fair weather fan just because you talk about your team when they are screwing up. Thats like saying you are not a patriot just because you dont support the President views.

cpk1994
11-25-2008, 09:17 AM
And this is the reason why you should just pay attention to your own teams shortcomings.
Have you listened to the radio this morning in Packerland? The fans are going crazy.
I like Doug and the Radio personalities in regards to chicago sports because they try their best to avoid the Kool-aid. They are supposed to be pissed and talk about the Bears when they lose as well as when they win, but still make serious mistakes.
On the other hand when I listen to the Packers talk radio they always make up excuses why something happened instead of laying the blame where it should be, on the players and coaches.

Your not a fair weather fan just because you talk about your team when they are screwing up. Thats like saying you are not a patriot just because you dont support the President views.Obviously you didn't listen to the postgame last night. Bill Michaels tore Bob Sanders and Mike Stock absolutely apart. Ripped them to shreds.

Patler
11-25-2008, 09:19 AM

Your not a fair weather fan just because you talk about your team when they are screwing up. Thats like saying you are not a patriot just because you dont support the President views.

That's pretty much it. The simple fact is that the Bears, Vikings and Packers all have enough talent to play some fantastic football, but all are inconsistent to the point of embarrassing themselves at times. Hard to say why that is, but I tend to think inconsistent teams are that way because of coaching. Whether it be limitations in their fundamental schemes, practice formats, game plans, during game adjustments, ability to motivate and instruct, something causes the wide swings we see in some teams' performances.

The Packers have epitomized that the last three weeks. An embarrassing performance by the offense in Minnesota, a great performance by both against Chicago, and now the defense being embarrassed in New Orleans.

Nothing wrong with fans being displeased with lackluster performances.

I sort of enjoy listening to Buffone. He can be emotional, but for the most part seems to be objective in what he says. He can be very critical of Urlacher, for example, because he is not a top effort performer every game, every year.

Dabaddestbear
11-25-2008, 09:51 AM

That's pretty much it. The simple fact is that the Bears, Vikings and Packers all have enough talent to play some fantastic football, but all are inconsistent to the point of embarrassing themselves at times. Hard to say why that is, but I tend to think inconsistent teams are that way because of coaching. Whether it be limitations in their fundamental schemes, practice formats, game plans, during game adjustments, ability to motivate and instruct, something causes the wide swings we see in some teams' performances.

The Packers have epitomized that the last three weeks. An embarrassing performance by the offense in Minnesota, a great performance by both against Chicago, and now the defense being embarrassed in New Orleans.

Nothing wrong with fans being displeased with lackluster performances.

I sort of enjoy listening to Buffone. He can be emotional, but for the most part seems to be objective in what he says. He can be very critical of Urlacher, for example, because he is not a top effort performer every game, every year.
I agree with you about Doug. He doesnt bite his tongue on any players..lol.
And Briggs has been the best player on defense by far this year. He is the rarity in the sense of a player getting a fat contract and actually playing up to it!

Dabaddestbear
11-25-2008, 09:53 AM

Your not a fair weather fan just because you talk about your team when they are screwing up. Thats like saying you are not a patriot just because you dont support the President views.Obviously you didn't listen to the postgame last night. Bill Michaels tore Bob Sanders and Mike Stock absolutely apart. Ripped them to shreds.

I was referring to this comment

Having lived in both places, I can say that Bear fans are, or at least were much more fair weather than Packer fans. I lived in the Chicago area until 1996. We used to laugh at how quickly Bear fans would turn on the Bears with boos if things weren't going well. We were always glad that Bear fans weren't as loyal as Packer fans because we saw quite a few Packer games on Chicago TV because the Bear game was blacked out in the Chicago area due to non-sellouts. Don't know if that still happens.

I just noticed...when in the hell was a Bears game ever blacked out beyond the 60's?! Some people just make up crap as they go along to support their nonsense. :roll:

"Prior to 1973, all games were blacked out in their city of origin regardless of whether they were sold out. This policy, dating back to the NFL's emerging years on television, resulted in home-city blackouts that even extended to championship games. For instance, the 1958 "Greatest Game Ever Played" between the Baltimore Colts and New York Giants was not available on TV to New York fans despite the fact that tickets were out of reach to most. For years, Giants fans would migrate to Connecticut motel rooms every home weekend where they could watch the games beamed on Hartford/New Haven's CBS affiliate WTIC (Channel 3). Similarly, all Super Bowl games prior to Super Bowl VII were blacked out in the host city's market." --wikipedia.org
Yeah, I guess all NFL fans are fair weather fans then..Good god your NFL knowledge sucks.