PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Jets vs Packers SUPERBOWL

Brando19
11-16-2008, 07:03 PM
I truly believe we're gonna see it this year. Hawk is playing MLB...and that's exactly what we need right now. He led the defense and helped stop the run against a running team today. The Offense line held their own today and Grant has shown the past few games that he is the same player he was last year. Rodgers is throwing the ball as good as anyone in the league, the WR's are the best in the NFL, and our DB's are unbelievable. The Jets are a dominant team in the AFC and Favre doesn't have to win them games, their defense does it for them. Brady isn't playing this year, Peyton is showing signs of decline, the Chargers suck...the Titans are the biggest threat to the Jets. Also, why wouldn't the NFL want to see Favre vs Packers in the Super Bowl?
Mark my words...we're gonna see a hell of a game in the Super Bowl with the Jets and the Packers.

Jimx29
11-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Also, why wouldn't the NFL want to see Favre vs Packers in the Super Bowl?
same reason they didn't "want" the Packers VS New England last year, also why todays Pittsburgh VS San Diego game ended up 11-10, not 17 or 18 to 10. (BTW....the odds makers had Pittsburgh -4) :?

gbgary
11-16-2008, 07:23 PM
you're gonna anger the football gods and jinx both teams.

Harlan Huckleby
11-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Hawk is playing MLB...and that's exactly what we need right now. He led the defense and helped stop the run against a running team today.

I haven't watched much of the game yet, just heard it on the wireless.

I caught the first quarter on TV, and what I saw was a defensive line playing with emotion.

Do you really think Hawk is better than Barnett at MLB? I doubt it, but hope you are right.

RashanGary
11-16-2008, 07:38 PM
I thought Hawk played better. There wasn't one point where our middle linebacker got punched back 4 yards by a running back. It seems like it's the first time that has happened in 4 or 5 years.

RashanGary
11-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Like Barnett, I also can't stand Scott Wells because I think he gets pushed around. He played a really good game today though. He was scrapping all game, showed urgency and leadership getting guys to the huddle all game to keep the pressure on Chicago and didn't get pushed around like he usually does.

Brando19
11-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Hawk is playing MLB...and that's exactly what we need right now. He led the defense and helped stop the run against a running team today.

I caught the first quarter on TV, and what I saw was a defensive line playing with emotion.

Do you really think Hawk is better than Barnett at MLB? I doubt it, but hope you are right.

Judging by today's game, I believe Hawk will be a better MLB than Barnett. Hawk made some big plays today. He covered up receivers when he had to and stuffed the run the best I've seen the MLB do all year.

prsnfoto
11-17-2008, 09:16 AM

You are kidding right. The MLB job is to hold the middle and stuff the run he is the anchor so to say Barnett is one of the worst he has padded stats of tackling 7 or 8 yards down field and is good at coverage which GB asks its LB's to do more than most teams. There is no doubt Hawk will be better if he isn't he will be a wasted draft pick.

The Gunshooter
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM

Judging by today's game, I believe Hawk will be a better MLB than Barnett. Hawk made some big plays today. He covered up receivers when he had to and stuffed the run the best I've seen the MLB do all year.

20 extra pounds of muscle without any loss of agility do wonders for MLBers.

mission
11-17-2008, 07:49 PM
This would obviously be an unbelievable matchup. So I don't believe it. :lol:

Packers4Ever
11-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I truly believe we're gonna see it this year. Hawk is playing MLB...and that's exactly what we need right now. He led the defense and helped stop the run against a running team today. The Offense line held their own today and Grant has shown the past few games that he is the same player he was last year. Rodgers is throwing the ball as good as anyone in the league, the WR's are the best in the NFL, and our DB's are unbelievable. The Jets are a dominant team in the AFC and Favre doesn't have to win them games, their defense does it for them. Brady isn't playing this year, Peyton is showing signs of decline, the Chargers suck...the Titans are the biggest threat to the Jets. Also, why wouldn't the NFL want to see Favre vs Packers in the Super Bowl?
Mark my words...we're gonna see a hell of a game in the Super Bowl with the Jets and the Packers.

Brando I like your thinking !! You got it all figured out 8-) lots of reasons for the Pack to land on top and I think they're ready to go !! :D

texaspackerbacker
11-17-2008, 09:50 PM
No way the Jets are gonna get there.

I like to think the Packers will make it, but the fact is, they are walking a tight rope at this point. They SHOULD win all six remaining games, but there is no room at all for slip-ups.

They also should be able to beat anybody they could face in the playoffs--in inverse order of difficulty, the Cardinals, the Panthers, the Redskins, the Buccaneers, the Eagles, the Giants, and the Cowboys.

As for Brett and the Jets, no way they are ready to take on the best of the AFC. They may well win their division, but beyond that, they are toast.

The Leaper
11-17-2008, 10:28 PM
God...imagine the hype machine if the Jets and Favre played the Packers in the SB.

Egads.

bobblehead
11-17-2008, 11:27 PM
I'll take the second round pick thanx. No way I wanna hear the jock sniffers crow an entire offseason if ARod leads us to the superbowl. Even if we beat brett and the jets it would be the "team was better, with brett we would have won by more."

Packgator
11-18-2008, 10:36 AM
As for Brett and the Jets, no way they are ready to take on the best of the AFC.

Using the current standings as a barometer.......the Jets must be included in a "best of the AFC" list. We will find out this weekend if they are ready to take on THE best when they play the Titans.

Tennessee Titans.........10-0
New York Jets...............7-3
Pittsburgh Steelers........7-3

gex
11-18-2008, 10:37 PM

That would be very cool.
I would get tickets for that one :D

LL2
11-19-2008, 12:47 PM
A Packers vs Jets SB would be cool, but the Packers would have to trash the Jets really good. I don't think I could handle a Packers loss to the Jets in the SB.

denverYooper
11-19-2008, 02:45 PM
A Packers vs Jets SB would be cool, but the Packers would have to trash the Jets really good. I don't think I could handle a Packers loss to the Jets in the SB.

If the Jets won, every Packers discussion thread would be ruined until the Packers won their next SB.

sharpe1027
11-19-2008, 03:05 PM
I'll take the second round pick thanx.

The first round pick would only be one of the last two picks of the first round anyway...might as well have them make it as a wildcard and lose in the first round, giving the Pack a mid-second rounder.

Gunakor
11-19-2008, 03:22 PM
I'll take the second round pick thanx. No way I wanna hear the jock sniffers crow an entire offseason if ARod leads us to the superbowl. Even if we beat brett and the jets it would be the "team was better, with brett we would have won by more."

Let them crow about it. I'd rather take the late first round pick, given the fact that TT will likely parlay that late first round pick into at least 2 players of value.

Packers4Ever
11-19-2008, 04:48 PM

God, not sure I can think about it. The Pack is equipped and capable but that doesn't always mean a team makes it hands down. :(
Pure Agony.......

But an exciting thought, LL2. :D

Pugger
11-20-2008, 01:09 PM
I doubt either team will be in the SB this season. I think it will be TN and NJ Gmen.

MOBB DEEP
11-21-2008, 09:33 AM

at this point in the season, what team do u think is better?? only common opponent this season is titans so this weekend should/could go a long way in answering this q imo...

i like jets coachn slightly more than packs but i like dbacks about the same. TE goes to jets but wr's go to pack. hunger goes to jets but experience is a wash. rb's better for jets RIGHT NOW but close.....

Fritz
11-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Sorry, Brando, but I think you're living in a fantasy world if you think the Pack and Jets will meet in the Super Bowl in 09.

But don't worry. I live in a fantasy world sometimes, too. It's just that mine is inhabited by curvy, hot women.