PDA

View Full Version : Why did Chilly not run AP? Anyone?

Guiness
11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
I see they only ran 8 offensive plays in the 4th...but didn't give him the ball once?

Um, what?

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2008, 11:00 PM
I see they only ran 8 offensive plays in the 4th...but didn't give him the ball once?

Um, what?

Actually, it was only like one series. They ran 7 offensive plays in the 4th, but the first one was a 3rd and 19. The last two were in the two minute drill at the end of the game. Otherwise, they fumbled a kickoff on what would have been one series and went another series (in which they ran 4 plays) without picking up a first down. It wasn't nearly as bad as it looks. Even in the one series, they were at their own 20 with a little over 3 minutes left.

KYPack
11-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Because he's a goofy, funny lookin', dwarf motherfucker dude?

I dunno, it was just a guess.

Guiness
11-17-2008, 12:07 AM

I dunno, it was just a guess.

Good answer KY!

Ok, but HW's is a little bit more thoughtful. I think he's more likely right, but I like your answer better, ok?

cpk1994
11-17-2008, 06:18 AM

I dunno, it was just a guess.Acually, he's Secret Squirrel.

RashanGary
11-17-2008, 06:20 AM
Acually, he's Secret Squirrel.

haha :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
11-17-2008, 08:35 AM
I love the footage that they show of AD and his RB coach arguing on the sidelines during that last drive.

The RB coach tells AD "Don't come at me like that" You can read his lips perfectly. Then he starts emphatically pointing at AD and yelling at him. Between AD's last week's yelling at Chilly and now going after his RB coach, AD seems to be having some issues with authority there and his good-guy image is getting tarnished.

Granted, he may not like how he's being used by the team, but you can't be yelling at coaches during the game.

boiga
11-17-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't think it's that nefarious really. If the Vikings run Peterson 40 times in a game they'll probably win it. But that amount of wear and tear would also make this Peterson's last year playing football. RB's have a short enough shelf life as it is, and AP's style of smash mouth running does not help his longevity.

That said, Chilly was willing to risk Peterson to allow for that last drive against us last week because he had never beaten the Packers and his job was on the line. But if Peterson goes down, Chilly's career is over anyway, so AP got a light workload the following week.

Peterson is the only offensive weapon the Vikes have, but if they abuse him, they'll be left with nothing. Limiting his reps might make sense so that he can last until he has the QB and receivers around him to make a valid run.

Tony Oday
11-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Chillys career is over when his D line gets suspended and they miss the playoffs...

Badgerinmaine
11-17-2008, 12:37 PM
The Vikings also did use him as a kickoff returner late. (When the Packers got ahead 27-3, our Fox station here in Maine switched us to the Vikes and Bucs game).

Fritz
11-17-2008, 12:40 PM
That guy can play. I'd ride him all the way to the playoffs.